• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover Speed Revision

Hey, another thread about upgrading the speed in Black Clover... but with a bit of evidence for a movement speed boost to the verse.

In the most recent chapters we've got a squad leader (Nozel Silva) who is clearly shown moving to intercept a light attack . This is at the very minimum a MHS+ feat (ch 199), at the maximum a sub-rel feat. TBH probably need a calc for this, but I wanna know what y'all think first

We also have at the end of the most recent chapter (ch 203) The revived mage king dashes to where the battling is happening at stated SOL

Not sure where to go with this, but nozel's feat should blanket over to other Black Clover characters because Nozel isn't even a fast character in the series, also niether Asta, Yuno, nor any captain should be significantly slower than him.

The revived mage king feat is just kind of a "Hey, there are SOL characters in this series"

USklaverei said:
All Black Clover profiles are FTL, in case you need to do others profiles.
I don't know if I'm understanding. Yes, they have FTL reactions, but Yami is sitting at Superhuman speed, and Asta at subsonic. The proposed change is to raise their movement speed

Okay, I got it.
I can help with this, I already did several calculations, mainly of the Yami repelling the light of Licht, all gave FTL.

Asta is still slower then Julius Novachrono's time magic.

So even if he is FTL speed, he still cant avoid any form of time magic or any magic or magic spell that happens instantly.

When Asta fought with Ladros, he was blitzed by a beam of fire that he could feel with Ki but could not react.

[[1]]

Before this battle he could already react to beams of light, so that specific beam of fire was FTL. After reaching its demon form, Asta was faster than the fire beam and moved for a few yards while the beam only moved a few inches.

[[2]]

What changes do we want made then? All characters should be coparable to Nozel who moved to intercept Light in movement speed. Should we change to include:

"Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be comparable to Nozel who moved to intercept a powerful light attack)"

and Asta should change his Reaction speed to

"at least FTL combat speed, likely higher"

What are we thinking?

I think calculations must be made. I remember having calculated this feat of Asta vs Ladros once and gotten an FTL + number for MFTL of movement, but I'm not a good calculator and probably I have been wrong on some points. If anyone can calculate this feat I presented, I would greatly appreciate it.

Parkjammer said:
What changes do we want made then? All characters should be coparable to Nozel who moved to intercept Light in movement speed. Should we change to include:
"Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be comparable to Nozel who moved to intercept a powerful light attack)"

and Asta should change his Reaction speed to

"at least FTL combat speed, likely higher"

What are we thinking?
Don't know how much it changes things but the Light attack Nozel intercepted can be confirmed to be at least 2x faster than light and potentially even 4x.

I have some problems with this calculation, in the past I calculated it and got a result of 12x FTL, then I will reframe it.

And no, I would not put it as MFTL

I see. Well my logic was assuming the calculation was correct you could put Asta at MFTL. Seeing as it put her at 95x LS which is close to MFTL.

Either way it sucks that we have to lowball Rhya to LS in the calcs as he is unquantifiably FTL.

Doesn't Yami explicitely say that he is aim-dodging/blocking the attacks through precog? He says that what he was reacting to in the fight was Ki, not the attacks themselves.

It seems to me that by predicting what his opponents will do next and moving accordingly, he doesn't require FTL reactions to actually keep up with him.

To compare this with another character, Awakened Cockroach from One Punch Man can react to attacks via instinct, allowing him to dodge them even if they were travelling at the speed of light (so far as he claims at least), but he doesn't have FTL reactions.

The Ki is just a help to realize, but there is no way he can achieve something if he does not have the speed / reaction to do so.

Here he was not even in the battle, Licht fires the light , he appears and intercepts her .

Here too, Licht throws the light on his back and until then he is standing still, and he intercepts again.

Once again, Licht throws the light , he turns to counterattack.

In those cases that I quoted, it moves after the opponent and still manages to attack the light Licht, if that does not is speed / reaction FTL I really do not know what it does.

Hmm, I don't know... Yami definitely seems to suggest that he isn't reacting to the attacks. His explanation would suggest that the only reason he can keep up with these light-based attacks is because he can tell what his opponent is going to do before they do it.

I think we ought to go with what the manga is telling us is happening.

But that really does not make sense. Yami mentions something about the corporeal energy that people emit ... but if so in a context, this would only make sense for physical attacks.
If Yami was reacting to Licht's bodily energy and anticipating what he did, how did he do that in relation to light? If we realized, most of the time, Licht would shoot the light without making a single movement, only to shoot them, so Yami foresaw that he would have to read Licht's mind and know what he intended to do. But he would still be inconsistent with the deeds. As I showed above, Yami moves AFTER the attack is fired, at various times he was standing and the attack moving and yet he intercepted.

Back