• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

black clover speed problem

Yami ls statement

When we look at the statement of Yami saying that something is traveling at light speed we overlook the fact that this is a knowledge claim, like if we were to look at something similar where luck states that Dorothy's world is infinite yet this is a knowledge claim that would have to be proven that luck can know something of that scale otherwise you're just presupposing that he can, it's the same way with Yami he's stating something based on knowledge that we don't have any proof of so taking his statement as true would presuppose this. Proving this to also be a hasty generalization based on the little reasoning for believe his statement.

ftl+ calc

This feat would not only be an outlier but would not fit the narrative. We know that in black clover people have gotten supposed multipliers in magic but that it doesn't correlate to speed and mostly to ap or dc. We also know that after Asta and Yuno train to go save Yami after six months of training they are only on par or slightly faster than Yami, now you could say that Yami had the devil heart and that would increase mana but since Yami had no training he would not be able to output any more mana unless proven by something else. To prove that there would need to be evidence to support Yami just getting more mana and being faster we can look back at his fight with Dante, Dante would clearly have more mana than Yami yet Yami is faster and stronger this would only prove that it comes down more to mana output and not the sheer amount that someone has. So basically after 6 months Asta and Yuno would have only gotten slightly stronger and faster which would in turn mean that a 1 year timeskip would not uphold enough reasoning by itself to support a 400x increase, now I'm not saying that it's impossible for them to have gotten this fast, but it would need more evidence for it to not fall under the category of an outlier.

Have you been living under a rock or something? Cuz no ftl+ Calc is currently used on any of the profiles.

And we've been over most of these arguments countless times.

Have you been living under a rock or something? Cuz no ftl+ Calc is currently used on any of the profiles.

And we've been over most of these arguments countless times.
i just looked at yunos pfp and it says ftl+? unless im confused about something
and it wouldnt matter if youve seen these before

Screw the same topic, this is quite literally the same arguments as before, there's a clear difference here

i just looked at yunos pfp and it says ftl+? unless im confused about something
Yuno is MFTL+ because he did a MFTL+ feat in the last saga where Light speed is now "fodder"

And is not an outlier, because having a MFTL+ after 2 arcs where light speed was the cap and characters becoming 3-4 tiers above, with Jack doing an attack that is faster than a lightspeed attack too (that comes from a Paladin which itself should be leagues faster than Patry) means that lightspeed is no longer the limit

Yuno is MFTL+ because he did a MFTL+ feat in the last saga where Light speed is now "fodder"

And is not an outlier, because having a MFTL+ after 2 arcs where light speed was the cap and characters becoming 3-4 tiers above, with Jack doing an attack that is faster than a lightspeed attack too (that comes from a Paladin which itself should be leagues faster than Patry) means that lightspeed is no longer the limit
Not only does this question beg from the first argument but the all the other things you've said don't mean anything as ur just reassuring what's already in question, that does not attack any of my arguments. I gave clear reasoning as to why Just having a 1 year timeskip and more forms and amps wouldn't justify the increase.

Screw the same topic, this is quite literally the same arguments as before, there's a clear difference here
The ls statement part is not the same at all really and the second part is similar but my thread was closed because of toxicity and was very productive in terms of figuring out who's argument is valid. I don't think there's any rule that says I can't make a thread like this unless I've done it like three times

This comment breaks a couple rules
It is a poorly done thread based on ignorance.

When we look at the statement of Yami saying that something is traveling at light speed we overlook the fact that this is a knowledge claim, like if we were to look at something similar where luck states that Dorothy's world is infinite yet this is a knowledge claim that would have to be proven that luck can know something of that scale otherwise you're just presupposing that he can, it's the same way with Yami he's stating something based on knowledge that we don't have any proof of so taking his statement as true would presuppose this. Proving this to also be a hasty generalization based on the little reasoning for believe his statement.

Clearly don’t know how knowledge claim works.

1. Dorothy who owns the world verified Luck’s claim.
2. Aside from the obvious fact that Yami fought Patry so he would know, Patry who owns the movement spell verifies Yami’s light speed claims.

This feat would not only be an outlier but would not fit the narrative. We know that in black clover people have gotten supposed multipliers in magic but that it doesn't correlate to speed and mostly to ap or dc. We also know that after Asta and Yuno train to go save Yami after six months of training they are only on par or slightly faster than Yami, now you could say that Yami had the devil heart and that would increase mana but since Yami had no training he would not be able to output any more mana unless proven by something else. To prove that there would need to be evidence to support Yami just getting more mana and being faster we can look back at his fight with Dante, Dante would clearly have more mana than Yami yet Yami is faster and stronger this would only prove that it comes down more to mana output and not the sheer amount that someone has. So basically after 6 months Asta and Yuno would have only gotten slightly stronger and faster which would in turn mean that a 1 year timeskip would not uphold enough reasoning by itself to support a 400x increase, now I'm not saying that it's impossible for them to have gotten this fast, but it would need more evidence for it to not fall under the category of an outlier.

Your first scan doesn’t support your claim whatsoever, about an increase in magic leading to an increase in speed. Infact it looks like a random scan you brought out of context unless you actually skimmed through the manga without reading.

Magic boosts = speed boosts (and AP boosts), shown too many times in BC and has been brought up many times in previous threads.

It has also been shown many times that more mana allows a mage to access higher magic output/power. Any mage can use more mana than they’d normally use on their spells but they clearly have to watch their stamina.

Mana Zone (provides surrounding mana, technique is amplified when condensed as shown by Yami), Mana method (provides natural mana), Devil Power % (provides negative mana) etc all shown to match speed blitzes or clearly boosts speeds. Denying this clearly tells me you skimmed the manga without reading at all.

Yami has Devil Heart, Mana Zone, Mana Zone condensed, Mana Zone super condense for death thrust.

With all these amps is obvious that Yami is clearly capable of keeping up with Asta and Yuno’s growth in pace. Up until the previous Time Skip where Yami is clearly left in the dust unless you can prove he can keep up with Lucius.

Growth is not linear, (obviously, I guess not obvious to you)

The MFTL+ calc is clearly not an outlier.

Last edited:
This whole argument of "they only got slightly stronger" than before doesn't really have grounds to stand. We've seen people shoot up from 7-B to 6-B+ in a matter of months with Accelerated Development and Asta reaching High 6-A with one powerup. Yuno practically has the best Accel Dev we've seen by reaching a level that would've taken him his whole life up to this point to reach in a best case scenario in just 15 months in the main timeline. Vangeance literally saw a casual Base form Yuno step up on the battlefield for a moment and then immediately gave up his position as captain when he realised Yuno was just built different 💀

Magic boosts = speed boosts (and AP boosts), shown too many times in BC and has been brought up many times in previous threads.

It has also been shown many times that more mana allows a mage to access higher magic output/power. Any mage can use more mana than they’d normally use on their spells but they clearly have to watch their stamina.

Mana Zone (provides surrounding mana, technique is amplified when condensed as shown by Yami), Mana method (provides natural mana), Devil Power % (provides negative mana) etc all shown to match speed blitzes or clearly boosts speeds. Denying this clearly tells me you skimmed the manga without reading at all.

Yami has Devil Heart, Mana Zone, Mana Zone condensed, Mana Zone super condense for death thrust.

With all these amps is obvious that Yami is clearly capable of keeping up with Asta and Yuno’s growth in pace. Up until the previous Time Skip where Yami is clearly left in the dust unless you can prove he can keep up with Lucius.
And to add, Grey specifically stated Yami was brimming with magical power So it's made pretty clear that Yami received a significant boost given Grey's analysis.

It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Yami ls statement

ftl+ calc

Did bro just say, since they did not get stupidly faster than yami in the first 6months time skip that means they can't after another timeskip for a year?

Are we assuming caps for timeskips now?
Wow This takes arguing from incredulity to a whole new level.

Not to mention these guys got entirely new magic to train with and one even got a whole ass new power system.

Not only does this question beg from the first argument but the all the other things you've said don't mean anything as ur just reassuring what's already in question, that does not attack any of my arguments. I gave clear reasoning as to why Just having a 1 year timeskip and more forms and amps wouldn't justify the increase.
"All the other things you have said don't mean anything"

Your thread is pure garbage then <3

This thread's the exact same as the last one that got rejected. I see no reason to approve this. Characters growing a ton between timeskips is absolutely justified, I think SunDaGamer summed it all up perfectly.

"They only got slightly stronger." Based on what? You're just claiming that to be the case with no evidence.

I disagree with this thread, just like I did with the last one

Back