• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover General Discussion thread

I know it's the standard formula but I think using the entire panel height for angsizing is what's screwing your result here. The very concept of angsizing begins with "assuming a normal human FOV", to which that aspect ratio is most definitely not.
bro what

when we angsize we're supposed to use the entire panel height

bro what

when we angsize we're supposed to use the entire panel height
I know what the formula says, my sentence began with that. I didn't say he wasn't supposed to.

I'm saying that the result is likely lower or at the very least inaccurate as a result of the fact that angsizing relies on the assumption of a normal human FOV (hence 70 degrees), and this is clearly very far from that.

Last edited:
I know what the formula says, my sentence began with that. I didn't say he wasn't supposed to.

I'm saying that the result is likely lower or at the very least inaccurate as a result of the fact that angsizing relies on the assumption of a normal human FOV (hence 70 degrees), and this is clearly very far from that.
I can calculate the angle this way, with the values I got:

Angle = 2atan(tan(70/2 deg)*[59.23/836]) = 0.099 rad = 5.67 deg

Distance = 17525 meters

So it's well within the margin of error and the result hardly changes

I can calculate the angle this way, with the values I got:

Angle = 2atan(tan(70/2 deg)*[59.23/836]) = 0.099 rad = 5.67 deg

Distance = 17525 meters

So it's well within the margin of error and the result hardly changes
Oddly enough, in the calc you speak of you're using an older version of the size of the Clover Castle despite the fact that you made an updated one with a new diameter for the kingdom (and thus the ability to work backwards and find the size of the castle) based on its size compared to the earth.

tl;dr in this blog you calced a roughly 1:585.6 castle:clover kingdom diameter ratio. Using the new diameter of the Clover Kingdom (1842892.73m), the castle would actually be 3147.09033577m wide. Roughly doubles the results at 1.85239947e+17 J, or 44.27 megatons, still City Level but twice as high.

Also, what you said doesn't actually address what I said at all. My core issue is "panel too tall, it's too far from human FOV and thus angsizing isn't valid anymore", you just subbed the same values (mainly panel height, which - I cannot stress enough - is my entire problem here) into a slightly altered angsizing formula and got out the same result.

Last edited:
Well idk what to tell you. That's just how it is
I'm just saying I think it'd be a better idea to use an assumed distance based on what we can see and our accepted Clover Kingdom size rather than angsize which'll give very inaccurate results, that's all.

It's probably not that big of a deal anyway considering it'll almost certainly scale below Jack's current AP.

I'm just saying I think it'd be a better idea to use an assumed distance based on what we can see and our accepted Clover Kingdom size rather than angsize which'll give very inaccurate results, that's all.

It's probably not that big of a deal anyway considering it'll almost certainly scale below Jack's current AP.
Jack's current AP is High 6-A so 100%

Natsu eats magic negation for breakfast, bro beat someone with magic negation very early into the series

Fairy Tail claps
Demon king has power modification. Nnt powernull is layered so that’s not a problem also Meliodas already beat Natsu so no need for that Grey is getting packed by the demon king though.

Demon king has power modification. Nnt powernull is layered so that’s not a problem also Meliodas already beat Natsu so no need for that Grey is getting packed by the demon king though.
Gray has demon slaying magic, hell no

Also Natsu's powernull can burn time itself so I don't think he's concerned about any power modification

RkFlDsu.png

Just noticed this, have 2v2 always been accepted for matches?

Back