• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: Durability Negation, Non Physical Interaction, Stealth & Power Nullification. THE FINAL SHOWDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuno might know of Dimension Slash but Nacht 100% doesn’t

Also, potential is not something they’d be banking on given they don’t have the time to let that potential grow.

This isn't "100%" because Natch has admitted to watching the Black Bulls and so he has information on the black bulls and their powers. So the likelihood of him knowing is actually pretty high.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot, the potential I was talking about is happening at a very fast rate. Yami said he feels power swelling up from inside him. I think one would call this some form of reactive power level? I'm not sure. But Yami is getting stronger at a quick rate.

On that final strike, Natch was going to add his own power + Mistleteinn into the mix so who knows what damage that would've done, would it have been sufficient for Yami to slash the heart? because it looks like they were aiming for it.

Last edited:
This is all just guessing, and also Yami "brimming with power" (Grey's words commenting on Yami's state) just means he's much stronger than he was before, which makes sense given the difference between his current strength and past strength. Yami's own comment on his power is simply reinforcing that.

That's not even mentioning that the times Yami used Dimension Slash were in places well outside the Clover Kingdom (like the Shadow Palace and the Underwater Temple), meaning it's unlikely that Nacht saw that. Once again, it's assumption-based.

This is all just guessing, and also Yami "brimming with power" (Grey's words commenting on Yami's state) just means he's much stronger than he was before, which makes sense given the difference between his current strength and past strength. Yami's own comment on his power is simply reinforcing that.
Of course it’s all just speculations, it’s as much as a speculation as Yuno and Nacht betting on Yami and Asta. They do have good reasons, both are capable of negating durability, reaching the devil heart and destroying it. Yuno definitely can’t neg durability, Natch can’t either.
That's not even mentioning that the times Yami used Dimension Slash were in places well outside the Clover Kingdom (like the Shadow Palace and the Underwater Temple), meaning it's unlikely that Nacht saw that. Once again, it's assumption-based.
Nacht watched them via Unite Mode Felis’ magic which lets him watch the events of others without actually being there. So he definitely knows what they were doing in the underwater temple and shadow palace.

Again I say, for Anti-Magic to negate durability against devils, that would mean that devils are made of magic. They are not, therefore this does not work.

We seriously are gonna need a discussion rule about devils in Black Clover.

Why do must they have to be made of mana? You are literally ignoring my argument explaining why Asta should have durability negation against devils.

Devils are beings that are capable of manipulating their bodies in ways that can only be possible through magic, they are a magical race.

You say these things as if that anti-magic is only good for negating magic when it is capable of accessing memories and even soul manipulation/possession nullification. Liebe vehemently cursed these devils and simply gained the ability to kill them. it is clear as day that Asta is capable of defeating devils superior to him...

Yami is superior to Asta and even he cant damage Lucifero or make Lucifero as fearful as he is with Asta. Lucifero considers Anti Magic slashes lethal despite being superior to Asta in every way. what is your reply to this? Why does this exist? This is all I ask of you.

Why do must they have to be made of mana? You are literally ignoring my argument explaining why Asta should have durability negation against devils.
Because this is what Anti-Magic cancels out, even against stronger opponents. Any other means of durability negation makes no sense.
You say these things as if that anti-magic is only good for negating magic when it is capable of accessing memories and even soul manipulation/possession nullification. Liebe vehemently cursed these devils and simply gained the ability to kill them. it is clear as day that Asta is capable of defeating devils superior to him...
All of these things result from some kind of magic negation, you know that right? Also, gaining the power to kill them doesn't need to be durability negation.
Yami is superior to Asta and even he cant damage Lucifero or make Lucifero as fearful as he is with Asta. Lucifero considers Anti Magic slashes lethal despite being superior to Asta in every way. what is your reply to this? Why does this exist? This is all I ask of you.
Yami being superior to Asta isn't even true. He only managed to damage Lucifero after doing a Combo Spell with Nacht, which was in effect when he hurt him. Asta is the only one that could damage Lucifero completely on his own.

Right, I agree with this as well (lowkey forgot he about TDU even though it was just released like this week? lmao)
Oh ho!

Well, I disagree cuz this Yami is stronger than ever.

He hit Lucifero hard enough to fall into that shadow darkness pool thing. In fact, Yami could stop a punch from Lucifero. Whereas Asta literally couldn't even make Lucifero move from his spot.

a punch sent Asta flying anyway, while Yami chilling having a very short conversation in the process. Gets pushed and lands on his feet like the gangster he is... Jk.

Well... that's my justification for my claim. What is yours?

(bruhhh... How can you forget about this iconic moment? It's payback time for this.)

Oh ho!

Well, I disagree cuz this Yami is stronger than ever.

He hit Lucifero hard enough to fall into that shadow darkness pool thing.
The first part just adds onto the fact that Yami's stronger than he's ever been, which is 100% true. The second part is not usable because he's being amped by Nacht via their Kids' Playground combo spell.
a punch sent Asta flying anyway, while Yami chilling having a very short conversation in the process. Gets pushed and lands on his feet like the gangster he is... Jk.

Well... that's my justification for my claim. What is yours?

(bruhhh... How can you forget about this iconic moment? It's payback time for this.)
I think context is also very important. Lucifero was very dismissive of Yami and wasn't trying to kill him, as he even says "I'll deal with you later," whereas he was utterly furious at Asta for drawing blood from him, so it's reasonable to say he was putting more power into his punch against Asta than against Yami.

The second part is not usable because he's being amped by Nacht via their Kids' Playground combo spell.
Wait, what? The kid's playground spell amped Yami? how? The spell was only crafted for stealth and diversion purposes which Yami took advantage of to strike Lucifero. Well... Explain.

The first part just adds onto the fact that Yami's stronger than he's ever been
Yep, Definitely.

I think context is also very important. Lucifero was very dismissive of Yami and wasn't trying to kill him, as he even says "I'll deal with you later," whereas he was utterly furious at Asta for drawing blood from him, so it's reasonable to say he was putting more power into his punch against Asta than against Yami.
No,

Yami blocked a punch meant for Nacht. Lucifero clearly wasn't dismissive of Nacht, that punch was filled with murderous intent.

Wait, what? The kid's playground spell amped Yami? how? The spell was only crafted for stealth and diversion purposes which Yami took advantage of to strike Lucifero. Well... Explain.
0324-007.png
0324-008.png

Yami blocked a punch meant for Nacht. Lucifero clearly wasn't dismissive of Nacht, that punch was filled with murderous intent.
Deceived explained the first part, so I'll focus on this: He was just going to finish off a heavily injured Nacht, compared to being pissed off at a completely undamaged Asta.

I don't get it...

Magic-type compatibility is perfect, they make a huge spell as a result of their Full Power and Mana Zone. They are powerful together and they have shown that by casting Kids' playground. However, he claimed an individual was amped from this spell, Yami. I can't see an indication that their individual full magic power was amped, I also don't see an indication of a temporary amp effect from kids' playground increasing Yami's power. That's why I needed an explanation pointing out their current amplifier because Yami and Natch said they were at full power individually when casting their combo spell on the previous page iirc. bruh... Am I missing something?

how do you send scans like this instead of hypertext please :(

He was just going to finish off a heavily injured Nacht, compared to being pissed off at a completely undamaged Asta.
He was also pissed off at Nacht regardless.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure the point you're trying to make.

Yami used this powerful combo spell to sneak up on Lucifero… and used his own spell Deep Black Blade to strike Lucifero. Just saying.

Asta in Devil Union Mode should have durability negation.
You should add the scan where Asta says it doesn't matter how strong Lucifero's magic is. It's in a similar vein to Yami's Dimension Slash, which is durability negation.
Non-physical Interaction
Lilith and Naamah becoming intangible were able to avoid sword slashes from Asta. He used Demon Destroyer's causality manipulation to undo their magic.
Power Nullification.
Occam's Razor would dictate that his magic power is enough to counter Presence of the Demon King. It would require more proof to say that his stars are using power null similar to Black Moon.
Stealth and Clone creation
Nacht can already do this with Union Mode: Canis, just on a lesser scale.

You should add the scan where Asta says it doesn't matter how strong Lucifero's magic is. It's in a similar vein to Yami's Dimension Slash, which is durability negation.
Oh, you mean this one?

Sure why not? : )

Lilith and Naamah becoming intangible were able to avoid sword slashes from Asta. He used Demon Destroyer's causality manipulation to undo their magic.
Meh, I have a plan b where he erased Nacht's magic that lacked substance

Occam's Razor would dictate that his magic power is enough to counter Presence of the Demon King. It would require more proof to say that his stars are using power null similar to Black Moon.

Dunno how to feel about this. Luci's magic power is far more than his so nullification via magic power is weird. The stars are acting like a small force field that nullifies the effect of gravity. What do you think about that? or Explain more what you mean plz.
Nacht can already do this with Union Mode: Canis, just on a lesser scale.
Yessiirrr!! Still needs to be added to his profile

maybe something like "Enhanced Cloning and stealth with Kids' playground" under his Unite Mode: Canis x Felis.

Kids’ playground at the very least seems to be amping Nacht’s devils.
Oh, you mean when Gimodelo and Plumede were saying they were surging with power? That should be an effect going supreme devil mode and not the kids' playground itself: Using two mid devils makes Natch's power rise to supreme devil level so the power surge those two devils felt is only natural.

Oh, you mean when Gimodelo and Plumede were saying they were surging with power? That should be an effect going supreme devil mode and not the kids' playground itself: Using two mid devils makes Natch's power rise to supreme devil level so the power surge those two devils felt is only natural.
That doesn’t make sense though. Both of them had already been used in a double devil union. Neither of them should be surprised by the power if that was the only reason.

That doesn’t make sense though. Both of them had already been used in a double devil union. Neither of them should be surprised by the power if that was the only reason.
Wait what?? I don’t think so.. They’ve never been fused together before.

Also, I do think Durability Negation against magical beings makes sense, I mean Anti-Magic would do that and we see this multiple times (against Salamander, a mana-based life form, and the Ancient Demon, a concentrated mass of supercharged mana)

What I'm against is extending this to devils

Wait what?? I don’t think so.. They’ve never been fused together before.
Not those two in particular together but both have been used in other double devil unions. There’s no reason for this form to be significantly stronger then the others so them being shocked by the power doesn’t make sense unless something else was boosting them.

I'm in agreement with Clover on this issue regarding Asta's Durability Negation.

I'm fine with Asta having D.N against Magical Beings given what Anti-Magic is and its capabilities but i'm not in favor of giving him D.N via demons or demonic creatures given this is just an inherent weakness that Demons within the verse seem to have against Asta's Anti-Magic.

Even from way back to the Zagred fight, it's very much established and further expanded upon later in the story that Demons have this inherent weakness against Anti-Magic, which makes complete sense narrative-wise once you realize where Asta gets his Anti-Magic from.

Not those two in particular together but both have been used in other double devil unions. There’s no reason for this form to be significantly stronger then the others so them being shocked by the power doesn’t make sense unless something else was boosting them.
Ohhhh okay

It momentarily combines the magic power of both to create the spell. They must be experiencing that power

I'm in agreement with Clover on this issue regarding Asta's Durability Negation.

I'm fine with Asta having D.N against Magical Beings given what Anti-Magic is and its capabilities but i'm not in favor of giving him D.N via demons or demonic creatures given this is just an inherent weakness that Demons within the verse seem to have against Asta's Anti-Magic.

Even from way back to the Zagred fight, it's very much established and further expanded upon later in the story that Demons have this inherent weakness against Anti-Magic, which makes complete sense narrative-wise once you realize where Asta gets his Anti-Magic from.
Wrapping my head around this is difficult tbh.

so what I’m getting is

Antimagic is a weakness to Devils so Asta can’t negate their durability as a result of such weakness?

and it has been unanimously agreed on that beings made of mana have a weakness to Anti magic, thus Asta can negate their durability as a result of such weakness.

So why can’t Asta negate the Devils’ durability due to their weakness?

Am I interpreting this wrong?

After much thought on this.
I’ve decided to move on from this durability negation argument.

I can settle for a note along the lines of devils have a weakness to*
And adding durability negation on his profile for beings made of magic.

All other changes are agreed upon.

@CloverDragon03 may I apply the changes on all those profiles? or you got it?

Okay, working on it.

Lastly,

What do you think about this?

ALSO, WE NEED TO NUKE OUR EXISTING EXPLANATION ON ARCANE MAGIC, IT SUCKS!!

Arcane magic isnt related to forbidden magic at all!

I have made a draft on this i would like you to read. @Epsilon_R liked it when i first typed it out.

Arcane stage is a stage where mages can use inexplicable and irregular magic that has the potential to defeat a devil. Irregular magic are types of magic that are created due to losing connection and protection from natural magic, which is why some magic types like steel magic, chain magic and even spatial magic are not natural or considered not to be. Some of these irregular magic types have the ability to change the specific law(s) of nature. These irregulars are arcane stage. Arcane stage is separate from the magic power stages as weaker mages can also be arcane stage mages although their magic can still be passively nullified and these mages can be overwhelmed with sheer magic power alone. This is why arcane stage mages like Nero, Vanessa, and Grey are still weak against high-ranking and supreme devils and need to amp their magic power or stamina somehow to use their arcane abilities more efficiently against these devils. Examples of arcane stage mages apart from those I've mentioned earlier include Yami, Vengeance, Asta, and Julius Novachrono.

Forbidden magic are forms of magic that enhance magic power with negative mana with the risk of being corrupted. If a lot of negative mana is used you will become a massive demon made up of it or if you use some of it the situation is less severe similar to Nero's situation. The less severe drawbacks can be offset by those loved by mana such as Yuno and Litch but they suffer if they use tremendous amounts of it. Negative mana is somewhat effective against devils as having such mana in sufficient amounts simply resists devil possession. However, It cant be used to destroy a devil's heart but it can be used to at least to temporarily compete with one before suffering the consequences of its use or if one is a weak arcane mage that person can enhance their magic power with it to defeat a devil.

If you agree with this explanation i can construct it better so it is easily readable to the viewers.

Thank you everyone for your inputs and opinions in this

Even though I have a few problems to address, they were not related to the OP. so my apologies : (

Looking forward to getting more work done here : )

Sayonara!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back