• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Besides, Instinctive Reaction might also be able to cover that.

I mean, it's still an attack, no different from a stab, except it explodes you. Still, you said that's somewhat uncommon, right?

Billie has a lot more than just the teleportation, just saying. Stuff like Semblance can instantly knock Travis out, Electrical Bursts and Hyperbaric Grenades can knock Travis out without even needing to hit him, and Hook Grenades would prevent him from abusing IR

Again, that's cool and all but if she leads with a teleport or any other sort of melee attack Travis can dodge, that's a win for him. As for Hook Grenades, not only is Travis able to hit and bat back objects like that, but his LS is likely a bit superior to hers so he'd likely still be able to pull off a dodge.

Would Billie's very first attack be something Travis can't IR -> Dark Step?

Again, that's cool and all but if she leads with a teleport or any other sort of melee attack Travis can dodge, that's a win for him.
How so?
As for Hook Grenades, not only is Travis able to hit and bat back objects like that, but his LS is likely a bit superior to hers so he'd likely still be able to pull off a dodge.
Trying to physically hit an object that magnetically sticks to the first thing it comes in contact with isnt a great idea
Would Billie's very first attack be something Travis can't IR -> Dark Step?
Yes, Billie is trained to go for the most efficient kill method in combat due to her assassin training

Also Billie has precog

Dark Step, Travis gets a huge speed amp if he gets a perfect dodge on something, enough to chop her into pieces.
Yes, Billie is trained to go for the most efficient kill method in combat due to her assassin training
And how would she not know that stabbing isn't the most efficient method?
Also Billie has precog
She doesn't have that on her profile. Since Corvo was removed from the tournament because of this precog obviously that's not ok.

Dark Step, Travis gets a huge speed amp if he gets a perfect dodge on something, enough to chop her into pieces.
Billie has sped amps too tho
And how would she not know that stabbing isn't the most efficient method?
Precog
She doesn't have that on her profile. Since Corvo was removed from the tournament because of this precog obviously that's not ok.
Limited Analytical Prediction, and Limited Information Analysis (Foresight; Foresight allows Billie to see animals, objects, and creatures, even through walls, and determine their line of sight and even predict their movements from their current position. Billie can also sense holes between the physical world and The Void)

Billie has sped amps too tho
Which she can't use since she's slower. Not until Travis activates his, but he immediately attacks when he does and it's an amp huge enough for a blitz, so that's impossible
Precog

Limited Analytical Prediction, and Limited Information Analysis (Foresight; Foresight allows Billie to see animals, objects, and creatures, even through walls, and determine their line of sight and even predict their movements from their current position. Billie can also sense holes between the physical world and The Void)
Yeah this one's too broken, when I agreed to switching to this key I didn't realize she had the exact same ability that got Corvo banned and removed from it, of course. @ThisThingisReallyBroken, what's your take on this?

(And yes, I am a massive coward, but to be fair, we did kinda agree this ability was busted)

Her speed amps are passive tho
If it's from equipment, that's not really an amp, that's her starting speed. Besides, Travis's speed amp is huge enough that it both looks like his enemies are moving at snail speed (not quite snail speed but really slow) and he's moving at superhuman speeds.

Actually that doesn't matter, she doesn't have optional equipment. Still, we might have to change the key back after all, let's wait for the tournament holder.

Alright, so that's not too useful, as they start out dozens of meters apart.

So, the precog wouldn't really show enough for Billie to realize Travis' gimmick imo. How does it interact with changes? Say she sees Travis just standing there for a few seconds, and then teleports close to him and tries to stab him, is he still gonna stand there without countering or will he be able to dodge?

The Precog would let her see what his first few movements would be, so she’d likely know she would get countered if she wasn’t careful with her first move.

She could resort to something like, teleporting near, throwing down a hook mine and trying to bait him into it? I’m unsure.

It's not a huge part of the series or anything, we just know he fights with his instincts emptying out his mind and he's dodged attacks he had no way to see coming (Shown here)
He's been saved by attacks that were basically impossible to see coming (note that in the fight itself that sound isn't a tell for the attack, and he likely wouldn't interpret the sound as an attack since he knew the guy was gonna transform anyway), so I'd say so, yeah. Besides, ramming a sword through his heart... Well, it's an inconvenience, I suppose.
Instinctive Reaction in No More Heroes does also allow you to fight when knocked out or asleep but Travis himself hasn't shown that.

The Precog would let her see what his first few movements would be, so she’d likely know she would get countered if she wasn’t careful with her first move.
They start out kinda far away so his first movements would be running towards her, maybe getting off his bike if he has that, it IS standard equipment.

My issue is that she doesn’t always go for like, stabbing someone in the heart as the kill shot. Executions across all games have always involved dismemberment, cutting people’s arms off, decapitating them, etc.

What exactly stops her from just teleport slashing his arm off, or hook mining him and ripping his arm off?

Cutting off arms would also be covered by IR- since you need to move your body less to avoid that that might even be better for Travis. What's a Hook Mine's effective range? Travis has dealt with people that spammed mines before, although they were the traditional kind the point is he's good at fighting with traps in the terrain.

They’re like, 10 feet roughly?

Hook Mines have lethal and non-lethal settings (though non-lethal tends to kill fodders in games), where one is just meant to hang something up while the other is meant to rip a limb off.

She can also use the Spinrazor mines (not sure if that’s the name but you get the idea) which are basically just shrapnel explosives.

I'd give him passable odds to avoid them unless she spams them then. That said ripping a limb off has a decent chance of being fairly ineffective, Travis has good pain resistance and obviously he only holds his sword with one hand.

As for shrapnel, I don't think it matters at all. Travis is higher in dura and immortality/regen/pain resistance kinda prevent shrapnel from doing anything. Here's another issue, by the way. Billie may have some great wincons in some of her abilities and items, but she has just as many that will lead to very little. Meanwhile, Travis kinda has one option, and that's cutting people up, so he's really consistent. If Billie was guaranteed to start with one of the wincons I'd agree she slaps but even if she got lucky enough to precog him Dark Stepping, she might decide to try to sneak up on him, or use a bad item, I dunno

It’s shrapnel that dismembers. As in, none of their limbs are attached to their body afterwards. They basically get blended, so they’re probably gonna work well.

I mean, I assume that's on a point blank hit? I doubt it'd have the same effect on someone with triple the durability- which I could also argue about the hook mines.

I'd give him passable odds to avoid them unless she spams them then. That said ripping a limb off has a decent chance of being fairly ineffective, Travis has good pain resistance and obviously he only holds his sword with one hand.
They can stick him to solid surfaces and prevent him from moving or dodging
As for shrapnel, I don't think it matters at all. Travis is higher in dura and immortality/regen/pain resistance kinda prevent shrapnel from doing anything.
He can regen from being reduced to mincemeat?

When I say dismembers, I mean when someone sets it off, it’s common that you’ll only find an arm or a head laying somewhere near where it happened.

Still, 3x durability. And that's assuming she goes with it.

Oh, by the way, I did calculate the LS feat, it's 770 kg- still has to be approved ofc but if you wanna count that his LS is a fair bit above hers.

Anyway, fair enough, those grenades can net her a win if they land- but are the chances of her leading with them higher than her attacking in CQC?

Eh, fair enough, but I'd still wager on him surviving if the very edge of the explosion caught him.

If they start from that far away, she could honestly hide somewhere and try to bait him into one. That’s a very common thing for the assassins in the games to do.

They start "several dozen meters" apart as per Billie's range and the OP says they're in an open field, so that ain't happening, especially since Travis has already fought someone expert in laying explosive traps.

Honestly imo it really depends on Billie's starting move, I can see a slight Travis win or an incon here.

This definitely depends on Billie’s starting move. I’d be willing to vote incon here, it’s really up in the air.

Back