• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its the power to force someone in a cage and have them dance under the threat of molecular disassembly or disfigurement?

@Edward If Bill Cipher could regenerate his physical/true form whenever he liked, then what is the actual point of him having to wait a trillion of years just to do that one simple task? Yea....no, that Low-Godly regen was clearly impossible for him to do without the entrance to the Nightmare Realm open, which also gave him his physical form in the first place.

Having your physical body be restored from your disembodied consciousness is something else other than regen but I do however agree that the regen should be changed to Low-Godly. I mean, idk how does the Quantum Destabilizer (one of Bill Cipher's weaknesses and was made to bypass the durability of beings like him) & ripping his eye out (which just has slow regen by itself, it doesn't weaken his regen or lower it) restrict it to only Low-Mid? That's why I suggested "Low-Godly with the Nightmare Realm" since it sounds more acceptable & better than just leaving it at Low-Mid.

sn't it stated that the destabilizer would only send him back from where he came? That does not mean low-godly is out.

@Magi Because, you're sealed?

Sealing negates Low-Godly, and if his soul/essence/disembodied conscious was sealed then you can't make a new physical form outside of the place that you're sealed.

Bill was basically trapped in the Nightmare Realm and his range was disabled so he couldn't reach into the Real World, which is the reason why Ford said "Blast him back out of the rift he came from" which would blast every part of him into the Nightmare Realm, therefore sealing him.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
He can't do anything right now. That being said, his fate will probably be revealed in the gravity falls comic
Well, he's inside Stan's mind, and it appears if one shakes his statue's hand he will come back to be... And what comic is this?

@Edwardtruong2006

• "Because, you're sealed?"
Yea, that is one of the reasons why he can't regenerate his physical form without the Nightmare Realm opened.

• "Sealing negates Low-Godly, and if his soul/essence/disembodied conscious was sealed then you can't make a new physical form outside of the place that you're sealed."
In a way, yes & restricts his 4th-Dimensional power as well.

• "Bill was basically trapped in the Nightmare Realm and his range was disabled so he couldn't reach into the Real World, which is the reason why Ford said "Blast him back out of the rift he came from" which would blast every part of him into the Nightmare Realm, therefore sealing him."
Yea, we pretty much already knew that part when it happened.

@Zach I'm gonna low-key read that comic the moment it comes out asap.

I'm not Azzy but, Low-Godly (apparently 'with the Nightmare Realm' which I personally believe it should just be plain Low-Godly since the gate in between the Nightmare Realm and the Real World is literally the thing that keeps him existing in the real world) and most of what Azzy said in the first post are accepted.

@Edward Okay then, I guess it would be fair to just call it "Low-Godly" since the Quantum Destabilizer is just a durability-bypassing weapon (which should not affect his level of regen) & the fact that having your eye regenerating slower than the rest of your body wouldn't restrict your regen to that level anyways.

Starting now and from this point on, if you're not a mod or admin. then please do not start a last minute argument relating to any of the abilities below. Everyone has been patiently waiting for these revisions to be added as quick as possible & you had plenty of time, and lastly, the thread reached almost 400 comments by now.

@The real cal

• Likely Technology Manipulation
  • Precognition (Foresaw the future and predicted exactly what Dipper was about to do in the next few seconds just before he wakes up)
  • Pocket Reality Creation and Manipulation & BFR.
  • Duplication
  • Mind Manipulation and Destruction
  • Astral Projection
  • Portal Creation
  • Summoning
  • Possible Age Manipulation
  • Chaos Manipulation
  • Time Travel
  • Limited Fate Manipulation
  • All-Time Sense based on the quotation Bill Cipher stated, provided by you
  • Life Creation and Inducement (to be more specific) according to your explanation under Life Manipulation.
  • More justification you found for Bill's immeasurable speed under your section about Speed
  • Size Enhancement + Empowerment via Mind Manipulation (Bill Cipher displayed this by performing it to his minions)
  • Clairvoyance (That can easily be proven since he did this in the Mindscape)
  • Empathic Sense according to your explanation under Empathic Manipulation
  • Zodiac, the Quantum Destabilizer (which is capable of harming him), calling deals off easily enrages him, the Weirdness barrier restricts the range of his Weirdmageddon & Bill Cipher's full power, and hating synthesized music should all be added to his weaknesses for obvious reasons.
  • Possible Insect Manipulation according to your explanation under Animal Manipulation
  • Resistance to Madness Inducement (Link this to Madness Manipulation) based on your explanation under "Resistance to Mind Manipulation." Resisting Mind Manipulation involves resisting Mind Control and that's clearly not what you described to be the case.
  • Disintegratio and Madness Inducement when mentioning Bill Cipher's real name
  • Limited Statistics Amplification via Intelligence Enhancement according to your explanation under Statistics Amplification
  • Change Bill's regen to Low-Godly when he regained his physical form as being hit by a durability-bypassing weapon and having an eye with slow Regenerationn will not restrict his regen from having Low-Godly.
  • Creation (Can create a clock (which he was possessing in the Mindscape), magical chains and cages)
  • Can bestow infinite power and grant wishes when making a deal with him
  • Force-Field Creation (Dipper tried to punch him and you know what happened just after when he attempted this)
  • Rage Power for obvious reasons
  • Berserk Mode for obvious reasons
  • Shadow Stealth (Link to Darkness Manip.) according to your explanation under Darkness Manipulation
  • To add for Telekinesis, Bill Cipher can use a telekinetic force to choke people as he did to Stanford and Stanley
  • Transmutation (Bill Cipher can petrify people such as Stanford into pure gold; Transformed Gideon, Soos, Robbie, Wendy, Old Man Mcgucket and Pacifica into these tapestries with a snap of his fingers)
  • Non-Corporeality while in his Mindscape/Dreamscape form (Exists as a disembodied consciousness made out of pure energy) as better clarification.
  • Law Inducement based on what you mentioned about Gideon having to dance (a rule made by Bill Cipher to punish him) for all of eternity.
  • Possible Acausality, Causality and Physics Manipulation and via Law Rewrite according to your explanation under Law Manipulation
  • More justification for 4th-wall breaking according to @The real cal's explanation under Plot Manipulation
  • The justification for Bill's Nigh-Omniscience which is backed up by: **@The real cal's explanation under Enhanced Sight
    • Bill Cipher's Intelligence Enhancement "THE MORE I SEE. THE MORE I KNOW" through the cameos and drawn versions of himself throughout Gravity Falls
    • Having knowledge about the trillion-year-old prophecy
    • The fact that Bill Cipher can read your mind (as used to support it).
    • His All-Time Sense which allows him to perceive & have knowledge of infinite timelines/dimensions to view the infinite versions of him which all gave infinite variation of answers.
    • Shown to have knowledge of the past, present, and future.
Important things to know:

• Retrocog = Opposite of Precog
  • Xeno- = "other; different in origin"
  • Psychic = "Mind"
This shouldn't be too hard to understand it, Xenopsychic Reality Warping = Bending reality using the thoughts/imaginations from the minds of other people/beings. So "Xenopsychic" should be linked to Mind Manip. and linking "Reality Warping" to youknowwhat page.

• Telecommunication Manip. relates specificially to Media and I suggest that it should be linked under Information Manip.
(Continued):

• Retrocognitio (Bill has shown Dipper's past experiences to Dipper about his situation with him and his sister Mabel)
  • Nightmare Inducement + Xenopyschic Reality Warping within Mabelland
  • Telecommunication Manipulation according to your explanation under Data Manipulation.
  • Weirdness and Chaos Inducement via Weirdmageddon (Only link Chaos Inducement to Chaos Manipulation, Weirdness does not have to be linked since its highly suggested that it should be described in the notable attacks section alongside Weirdmageddon)
  • Bill Cipher embodying a mathematical form since, by technicalities, he is made up by mathematical probability based on the amount of info. found about him, so it should be mentioned as "Embodies a mathematical form" and be linked under Mathmatics Manipulation.
  • Conceptual Perception and Possible Conceptual Creation according to your explanation under Conceptual Manipulation
  • Limited Energy Creation and Manipulation (Creates & manipulates a form of energy made out of pure weirdness and spreads a wave of it throughout the town of Gravity Falls; Created energy-based bubbles of pure madness)
  • Likely Death Inducement (If Stanford & Stanley had not stopped Bill Cipher, he would have killed Dipper and Mabel instantly with a single snap of his fingers just as what he did to one of his creations in front of Dipper in his dreams)
  • More justification to add to his age is that he's older than Time itself
  • Bill Cipher's Laser Manipulation should separated into 2 different abilities here:
    • Heat Vision (Used his eyes to fire a laser directly at a statue, which melted it due to its immense heat)
    • Disintegratio with Lasers (He vaporized Time Baby and reduced him to molecules)
  • Embodiment of duality (Everything he is, he isn't)
  • Quantum Uncertainty (Being simultaneously both dead and alive) should be linked under Quantum Manipulation.
  • Type 7 Immortality (Due to being half dead)
  • Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Necromancy (Exists as a state of Quantum Uncertainty (being simultaneously dead & alive), as being dead makes one resistant to the effects of Soul Manipulation from most Soul Manipulators who are unable to use their ability on dead entities whereas as being alive makes one resistant to the effects of Necromancy casted by necromancers due to most of them being unable to use their magic on living beings).
  • Remove Intangability for True form/Physical Bill Cipher as he never displayed Intangibility throughout Weirdmageddon Part 1, 2, and 3 whatsoever.
  • Petrification (Turned one of the deputies in Gravity Falls into stone)
  • Further justification of Bill Cipher having high resistance to Time Manipulation as he mentioned that us humans are still bounded to Time itself, which heavily implies that Bill Cipher transcended and is boundless to this concept.
@The real cal Tell me if you need a further explanation for certain abilities.

What about acasuality? He said he'd break down the laws of cause and effect, and hates the fact that humans are bound by time? And transduality? Everything he is, he isn't at the same time. Still have no idea what abilities would be granted by mathematical form. 1-A Bill?

@Lightbuster Since you're suggesting to add more abilities, then I'm willing to make this an exception.

Bill Cipher is gonna alter those laws, not break them actually, so that would not give him acausality sadly. Further justification of having high resistance to Time Manipulation is fine since Bill Cipher is implied to have transcended this concept. Transduality is a long stretch though.

We didn't agree on Death Inducement? I don't recall many agreeing on Type 7 and Resistance to Soul Manip + Necromancy?

Also why are we suddenly being so specific? Can't it just be Technological Manipulation or Information Manipulation instead of "Telecommunications Manipulation", I'd rather we don't add powers that aren't on the wiki.

@Edward Bill Cipher objectively displayed Death Inducement on his creations in-front of Dipper. Being half dead & what the Type 7 Immortality describes to you is the reason why Bill Cipher has it, most Soul Manip. are unable to use their Soul-based powers on dead beings and same logic applies for most Necromancers as they can't use their magic on living beings and since Bill Cipher is both dead & alive, he gets auto-resistance to both abilities.

I rather not be too vague with powers as there are tons of content revisions that argue against that idea. Telecommunications Manip. is found under Technological Manipulation, so its acceptable to link that ability there.

Magi Hussie said:
@Lightbuster Since you're suggesting to add more abilities, then I'm willing to make this an exception.
Well yeah. But he was talking about how cause preceeded effect. If he altered the rules so it didn't work like that, then wouldn't it give acasuality anyway? Well we need an actual ability other than "is a mathematical form" we can't just make up abilities on a dime. I felt transduality was the closest thing.

@Lightbuster I suppose I could give him Possible Acausality just to be safe and there are already characters who have forms like this in fiction, nothing new really. Actually, Bill Cipher embodies dualities, not transduality because according to this I recently found on its page here:

"No human description can express real transduality, for our speech and reason are limited by duality (everything is or isn't, there's no in between, even the concept of "within / outside" is still based on duality), therefore, any attempt to express it in some work will only be a particular author's portrayal."

@Steven Yes, I just need to add Possible Acausality, Embodiment of Duality (I mentioned about this in my other reply to @Lightbuster, and Quantum Uncertainty (basically being both dead & alive which I didn't mention that it was supposedly named that earlier when I bought the suggestion up until now but it doesn't really matter) for Bill Cipher and @The real cal will do the rest when he gets the chance to see the list I provided for him for the revision.

You can check under Gravity Falls in the Knowledgeable Members List for staff members to ask about giving input here. Azathoth is probably a good idea as well.

I suppose that seems like a good idea.

So does somebody experienced want to create a new thread with a summary of the conclusions so far?

I would be best if you link to the new thread here before I close this.

Okay. I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back