• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Chungus CRT -> Calc check, scaling and Mid-High Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I would still prefer if we scale Chungus from his and other character feats in the game.

They saying it's the same canon can go as in the game itself having its past being pretty much the same w/o the cartoons having the games as canon. That's always done in anything from games to comics and it doesn't do much.

The canons from everything should be put on a page or blog and from there threads should be made to change things up.

I can't help much aside from saying this.

Striking Strength is literally just physical AP, it would just be 9-A as well as this scales to physical stats and all.

No, I meant striking strength through his punches based on his sheer size upscale from how a human does it, as in this formula:

(Human Striking Strength)*(Times larger than human)^5

Chungus is only 9-A with Flub from Above. They are baseline 9-B otherwise.
Again, not really

I would rather wait for someone more knowledgeable on the standards given for this series given it doesn't seem to go like that for the before-mentioned reason of the cast scaling across multiple sorts of media as if they were all canon, which could include this game.

Eh, if there's nothing contradicting it for the scaling of the cast it isn't a problem, you can't argue it being a game mechanic when there's nothing supporting it but headcanon-based assumptions that it's a game mechanic, especially when it's more consistent that they can take the move than not, this happens to every single special move in fact. It requires more assumptions to just dismiss them as game mechanics for not one-shooting the cast when it requires less of an assumption to just take it as that the cast is just actually that high tier-wise.

It also doesn't fit per definition at all as a game mechanic if we want to get there as it isn't related to non-canon stuff like health points and the like, if you mean stuff like damage output measurement in-game, it requires an assumption to take on the cast actually being glass cannons, than to just take these moves as feats that portray their capabilities, in fact, that's something done per the Editing Rules:

• We tend to accept scaling statistics from attack and special move animations for computer games, as they are generally legitimate demonstrations of different characters' powers and abilities, that are recurrently confirmed within guidebooks and similar sources. However, they can severely contradict the otherwise displayed scale of a verse, and should therefore be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
And before you try, no, it doens't contradict the given displayed scale of this verse, as, indeed, they are the display given in the first place.
Simply put, it requires more assumptions to take them as glass cannons than not, and so it would just be 9-A

Again, not really
The characters have only shown 9-B attacks per usual, and no other 9-A attacks currently exist. Big Chungus literally grows tens of times and crushes his opponent. It takes more to say that it directly scales to 9-A when attacks are just in the 9-C to 9-B range.

The characters have only shown 9-B attacks per usual, and no other 9-A attacks currently exist. Big Chungus literally grows tens of times and crushes his opponent. It takes more to say that it directly scales to 9-A when attacks are just in the 9-C to 9-B range.
He can take the same move from other Big Chungus, and it doesn't even OHKOs his opponent or the like, so at worst he scales like this as he can harm others that can harm him with regular moves as well. Big Chungus isn't even "amped" while using the move, it's just a more advanced technique.

Isn't that just game mechanics, him tanking that move
Eh, not really, every single "special" move is just a slighty more powerful move than the standard one, even other characters can take it and they are comparable or inferior to him, and to take them as glass cannons requires more assumptions when from it's clear from how the fights go that they can take hits from each other, including this kind of stuff.
Even the official trailer for Big Chungus shows Gossamer tanking the move, now if you want to argue that it's a game mechanic as it's based on in-game calculations and that the Big Chungus player could just be underleveled, the same happens even in early game, and we do use in-game showcasing of this kind of stuff to a degree to relate scaling, especially if there's not much else, rather than default to them being glass cannons.

Last edited:
...thank you for explaining game mechanics in game mechanics' terms

Yes, the trailer showing off the gameplay showed game mechanics Bob. Indeed.

Look up an Ant-Man profile, we give different keys for size manip. This will be size manip hence higher tier for that attack, rest idk, maybe they are glass cannons.

Honestly you haven't made a compelling case here for it to not be game mechanics.

Game Mechanics.

I mean basic logic also dictates that it's a special attack not comparable to their base output. Otherwise they'd just spam it.

Well, that kind of moves are still used quite often, just not as the main kind of alternative out of having a sort of cooldown (which is presumably just for balancing purposes, and thus it's arguably a game mechanic). They can still take hits from each other even while factoring such special moves, then again, and such moves aren't really portrayed as resource-heavy to keep them separate from their base statistics, hence why I still think such moves should still be usable for scaling to base stats.
Now if we're just going to give more priority to this just being a game mechanic, when it could easily be portrayed as just one shooting others with the move if it was really meant to have such gap, is beyond me.

I'm gonna veto scaling an explicitly more powerful than normal move to normal output, yeah. That's about as direct a contradiction as you can get. Don't make me start pulling up people surviving massive physical trauma irl to make this point that surviving≠scaling 100% of the time

If you put it like that, it makes sense then, although it's not even "massive damage" here, the main abuse of those moves are just the secondary effects, rather than having high power for the most part, but then again, that borders into game mechanics territory.

Last edited:
Wokistan and Impress make sense to me here.

9-A statistics for when he is at giant size seems fine though.

They saying it's the same canon can go as in the game itself having its past being pretty much the same w/o the cartoons having the games as canon. That's always done in anything from games to comics and it doesn't do much.

The canons from everything should be put on a page or blog and from there threads should be made to change things up.

I can't help much aside from saying this.
Wouldn't that mean that the High 4-C stuff happened before in this continuity regardless, which would then lead into Big Chungus being scalable to High 4-C by upscaling from Bugs Bunny?

Also there are attacks in the game which are more destructive in the animations than Chungus Ultimate Move, but cause less damage to the characters
It will take quite some time but it can be arranged

Last edited:
Finally, for the Mid-High regeneration, Big Chungus, like other Toons, can recover from being turned into dust by this Malvin Toon move, this probably also scales to everyone else currently indexed but Cool Cat as they appear in the game and can be seen doing the same feat as well. Now if it's a game mechanic it's beyond me, but with the nature given of this series it isn't that crazy to consider it's something every Toon can do, Toon Force and all.
Forgot to respond about this, seems like a reference to how standart that level of regen is to the characters outside the game

Wouldn't that mean that the High 4-C stuff happened before in this continuity regardless, which would then lead into Big Chungus being scalable to High 4-C by upscaling from Bugs Bunny?
That's from a composite continuity with a few very questionable feats due to the size of stars and other celestial bodies being smaller in this cartoon.

I meant snaring small black holes or stars with a lasso and the like. It seems to differ from instance to instance.

Anyway, Pinky and the Brain/Animaniacs is usually separate from Looney Tunes, but some characters cross over at times.

I meant snaring small black holes or stars with a lasso and the like. It seems to differ from instance to instance.
For Marvin pulling the a minisun could have been like Arale poping the sun like ball a few meters away from her despite the sun being established to be bigger than Earth(basically they use some type of RW to manipulate prepective[make the object closer and smaller like this] etc). Sam's is sth simular plus the fact that he has shown to interact with intagable things (like hitting his conscience), plus the portable hole gag is pretty common in this verse
Anyway, Pinky and the Brain/Animaniacs is usually separate from Looney Tunes, but some characters cross over at times.
How so? Not only the Looney Tunes cast appears in the Animaniacs but also that from Tiny Toon Adventures(who are the students of the original Looney Tunes). In episodes where they don't make a direct apperance they still are treated as part of the Animaniacs world like: Slappy being jealous of Bugs, critics talking about Looney Tunes Laserdiscs(and banning Slappy's cartoons) etc. The Animaniacs cast has had some appearances Tiny Toon Adventures too, heck Pinky and the Brain share a TV Series with one of the characters of that show.
Also 4/7 of my examples didn't include Animaniacs

Well, there have been previous serious talks in this wiki about gag-size celestial bodies in cartoons being used for exaggerated feats.

I think that @Ryukama was involved in them.

Anyway, never mind about Animaniacs then.

I think I posted a thread like that earlier here. Simple, they used RW/TF to manipulate cestial bodies and give them those features. This is the case as they also have feats with normal sized stars & planets

Last edited:
Okay, but we cannot scale a game-only character from the cartoons, unless he starts to appear in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back