• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Chungus CRT -> Calc check, scaling and Mid-High Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, first of all, here's this calc that pushes Big Chungus above from baseline, this scales to the base form as it doesn't OHKO others comparable to him, which is shown even in the official trailer featured there.

Next, it has gone to my attention that most of the main Looney Tunes cast scales to High 4-C, as Big Chungus is rated as stronger than Bugs Bunny (Bugs Bunny in-game is rated as the most basic Toon), Big Chungus could scale and thus just be High 4-C.

Finally, for the Mid-High regeneration, Big Chungus, like other Toons, can recover from being turned into dust by this Malvin Toon move, this probably also scales to everyone else currently indexed but Cool Cat as they appear in the game and can be seen doing the same feat as well. Now if it's a game mechanic it's beyond me, but with the nature given of this series it isn't that crazy to consider it's something every Toon can do, Toon Force and all.

Last edited:
Will wait for calc group to get onto the calculation, I need scans or statements to show that this is canon to mainline Looney Tunes. Regen is fine, people not dying to the attack which is 19x baseline while they are currently baseline is game mechanics.

Will wait for calc group to get onto the calculation, I need scans or statements to show that this is canon to mainline Looney Tunes. Regen is fine, people not dying to the attack which is 19x baseline while they are currently baseline is game mechanics.
I mean, Looney Tunes has no canon to speak of like that, that's why the cast currently is "composited", IDK if scaling like that is valid, but that's currently done for most of the profiles and I would like a clarification if this could apply to Big Chungus, and baseline of what? If you mean the 9-B tier, it doesn't work like that, baseline is the section in a tier to default to if there's no calcs or the like, but if feats/calcs support anything higher (such as in this case), they are simply above baseline 9-B.

By that logic no verse can be upgraded from a given at first baseline as any higher feat is an outlier or game mechanics. Our indexing has no canon connotations with a given setting, and so shouldn't be taken like that. In fact, the "One shot gap" is used exclusively for the purpose of Vs Threads (And based on the gap between a 10-A and a 9-C), as verses can have any arbitrary value as a one shot gap.

Last edited:
I mean, Looney Tunes has no canon to speak of like that, that's why the cast currently is "composited", IDK if scaling like that is valid, but that's currently done for most of the profiles and I would like a clarification if this could apply to Big Chungus, and baseline of what? If you mean the 9-B tier, it doesn't work like that, baseline is the section in a tier to default to if there's no calcs or the like, but if feats/calcs support anything higher (such as in this case), they are simply above baseline 9-B.

By that logic no verse can be upgraded from a given at first baseline as any higher feat is an outlier or game mechanics. Our indexing has no canon connotations with a given setting, and so shouldn't be taken like that.
Then the characters cannot scale to their mainline counter-parts. All verses who have no extra feats to go off of start at the baseline of the tier of 9-B, they have no calcs in their base to prove it. Flub from Above (19x baseline) is a Game Mechanic, as i've explained. The feat is from a special attack, which is obviously shown to be far-superior to anything else.

I would rather wait for someone more knowledgeable on the standards given for this series given it doesn't seem to go like that for the before-mentioned reason of the cast scaling across multiple sorts of media as if they were all canon, which could include this game.

Eh, if there's nothing contradicting it for the scaling of the cast it isn't a problem, you can't argue it being a game mechanic when there's nothing supporting it but headcanon-based assumptions that it's a game mechanic, especially when it's more consistent that they can take the move than not, this happens to every single special move in fact. It requires more assumptions to just dismiss them as game mechanics for not one-shooting the cast when it requires less of an assumption to just take it as that the cast is just actually that high tier-wise.

It also doesn't fit per definition at all as a game mechanic if we want to get there as it isn't related to non-canon stuff like health points and the like, if you mean stuff like damage output measurement in-game, it requires an assumption to take on the cast actually being glass cannons, than to just take these moves as feats that portray their capabilities, in fact, that's something done per the Editing Rules:

• We tend to accept scaling statistics from attack and special move animations for computer games, as they are generally legitimate demonstrations of different characters' powers and abilities, that are recurrently confirmed within guidebooks and similar sources. However, they can severely contradict the otherwise displayed scale of a verse, and should therefore be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
And before you try, no, it doens't contradict the given displayed scale of this verse, as, indeed, they are the display given in the first place.

3ly5ix.jpg

Guys, this is a legitimate CRT, keep memes elsewhere.
And don't blame me for a certain user indexing someone with a name that reminds of a pretty disliked character on the site just out of spite or something.

I think that we should only scale him from the feats within this game, since he only appeared there, and separate the other existing Looney Tunes characters statistics to scale only from their cartoon feats.

"Looney Tunes World Of Mayhem is canon to the original shorts and possibly other medias like th LT Show and the comics (for example a character from the comics Franken Leghorn is playable in that game)."

This is the only notable thing I found for our purposes here from a glance over those two threads, althoug there does seem to be some clarifications over how the Looney Tunes canon is.
This only proves they took inspiration from the canon and used it in there game, not that it is actual canon.

There's also this:

(Source: The comment section of the Big Chungus Trailer on the official LN WoM YouTube channel)

Big_Chungus_canon.png

One of the game developers confirmed that the game is canon to the theactrical shorts
unknown.png
unknown.png

The LT Critic implies the game is canon Pezz Hoffman ,who worked on the game as an creative/art consultant, doesn't disagree with him

Comunity Manager Haruki:

But the old cartoons which is the canon we are using for the game, the old cartoons from the 30',40',50' and things...

We kinda tied to a specific canon of Looney Tunes so its kind of like the old ones...
Proves only that they took inspiration from Looney Tunes and got Warner Bros. on board, and a discord message from a game developer who isn't WB doesn't mean anything.

Prove that he was lying.The crew behind the game had been in contact with WB more than anybody here.The guy from the first video,Dave Pez Hofmman,works for WB.
unknown.png

We should wait for in-canon evidence of Big Chungus being canon to the regular cartoons, not use unofficial social media comments. We even have rules against that.

We can scale him from his game appearance only if you wish though.

I thought we were arguing if the game was canon to the cartoons!? Verses like GoW, SW, HH... use as part of of their reasonings, answers on social media from people who work on those franchises. Don't interviews count as official?

TBH if WB didn't want this game to be deemed as canon to the source, contrary to what the game devs are stating, they would have said so already, as a large company wants to keep a clear look on what it owns.

TBH if WB didn't want this game to be deemed as canon to the source, contrary to what the game devs are stating, they would have said so already, as a large company wants to keep a clear look on what it owns.
They have no reason to state a game they made is not canon. This is an argument from probability.

They have no reason to state a game they made is not canon. This is an argument from probability.
You said it, they made it, and the devs are straight up saying that it's canon and approved by WB, there's more positives than negatives, and thus it's more reasonable to take it as canon than not, as for it to not be canon it requires more assumptions in regards of them just not wanting it to be out of mere possibility, when there's stuff around saying the contrary.

The problem is that the Looney Tunes profile pages are a composite mess as it is, and need to be separated into specific canons. Including a characters that has only appeared in a single game, and no cartoons, into a prolonged scaling chain, spanning different mediums, seem very unreliable, especially if his displayed power levels within the game are of nowhere near this scale.

You said it, they made it, and the devs are straight up saying that it's canon and approved by WB, there's more positives than negatives, and thus it's more reasonable to take it as canon than not, as for it to not be canon it requires more assumptions in regards of them just not wanting it to be out of mere possibility, when there's stuff around saying the contrary.
WB themselves have not confirmed it. Out-of-context social media posts do not qualify here.

Out of context? I guess @Fireld can elaborate on their context.
And "WB themselves" is a quite broad term, can you be more specific?

Out of context? I guess @Fireld can elaborate on their context.
And "WB themselves" is a quite broad term, can you be more specific?
Warner Bros. have not publicly stated it is canon, as you have said. People who work on their game who are not directly WB can say what they want, but until we get direct confirmation, you do not have High 4-C chungus.

No. Sorry. I do not have the time, so a summary would be useful.
There was a thread to remove like 2 to abilities from Bugs' profile. Eficiente turned it into delete the verse. I made a case, he disagreed but doesn't elaborate much on it(besides needed to organize stuff better) and left the thread. I reposted it on the Composite Deletion Thread (slightly changed a thing or 2) and you agreed.
TBH, the argument about the Galatic Sports Game was bad. There is more proof for the other stuff anyway, but I have much less time now.
Out-of-context social media posts do not qualify here.
People who work on their game who are not directly WB can say what they want, but until we get direct confirmation
How is it out of context when you see both question & answer? Was this guy directly Disney?
The guy from the first video,Dave Pez Hofmman,works for WB.
What about him? He's a WB consaltant (source)

Last edited:
How is it out of context when you see both question & answer? Was this guy directly Disney?

What about him? He's a WB consaltant (source)
He gave answers based off what George Lucas shown on screen. Nothing he said was directly controversial.

This differs from the one above as said something that is directly not shown or referenced by the game or WB themselves, and as such cannot be used.

There was a thread to remove like 2 to abilities from Bugs' profile. Eficiente turned it into delete the verse. I made a case, he disagreed but doesn't elaborate much on it(besides needed to organize stuff better) and left the thread. I reposted it on the Composite Deletion Thread (slightly changed a thing or 2) and you agreed.
TBH, the argument about the Galatic Sports Game was bad. There is more proof for the other stuff anyway, but I have much less time now.
I am not sure what to make of these statements.

Anyway @Eficiente would you be willing to help out here please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back