• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Villains for Every Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
TacticalNuke002 said:
I thought we were using the user stats and not the Stand Stats. That's like saying D4C or Killer Queen are best villains.
I actually agree with this.
Unrelated: I'll try and update this later today when I'm less busy.

Naraku for Low 7-B. He's got a pretty simple but effective motivation; he wanted to see Kikyo's heart filled with pain and agony and would go through great lengths to see that through.

His Presence is also felt throughout time and space and especially whenever a tainted Shikon Jewel shard is nearby. He's also extremely brokenly haxed, so that's in indication of his sheer power. Also terrifies nearly everyone with his mere presence and is an extremely deceptive mastermind. Literally every misfortune of the main characters was caused by Naraku; and all of which was anticipated by him.

His character is also very elaborate and complex. Nobody ever truly notices his true intentions and not even Naraku who himself seems to predict himself or know his own purpose. But we do know that he seems to be very clever with his art of deception. He is the perfect example of a character we love to hate; he's so deceptive, brutal, spiteful, sadistic, and more. And that doesn't stop him from being intellectual and badass.

11-A Bill Cipher

Arguably one of the best Disney villain of all time and definitely one of the most memorable cartoon villains of the decade. He's pure evil but loveable the the same time while also incredibly manipulative and clever. Overall a very well written and presented villain.

Andytrenom said:
He's off fighting the forces of darkness that conspire to ruin our world in secret
Ironically, I'm currently reading a series where the main characters do just that.

Before I update the list, let me say a few that I'm not adding:

Mandrakk - On top of having only appeared in a handful of stories so far (meaning his presence in the DC universe is pretty limited, especially for a villain), DC already has a better contender in the form of Lucifer Morningstar, who I think far more closely fits the criteria I was looking for. Also, Andykhang pretty much summed up the reasons for why I have Nyarlathotep in the 1-A spot right now. Although since most of this community hasn't actually read Lovecraft from what I can tell, I'm sure those reasons are lost on a lot of people...

Big Smoke - There are numerous better contenders in 10-B, and I say this as someone who really likes GTA. Johan Liebert and Samuel T. Owen alone offer more in terms of fitting the criteria in general.

The Guide Mark II - I felt the reasons given here were unconvincing, overall...

Lord English - Same as above.

All of the ones that don't have any reasons listed probably aren't going up either.

Does SCP-2747 take 11-C by default by simply being more of a villain than Monarch of Pointland? MoP just stands there and talks to the main character for a minute, while 2747's an established ongoing threat to humanity.

Anyway, since I've realized that this list is going to be subjective by its very nature, I'm going to give some leeway.

Each tier now has three spots that can be occupied. (except for the ones like 0 and 11-C that don't really allow for that) Have fun.

@Mr.Neg Btw how will you judge the "threat to the main characters" criteria when the villain is the main character?

Also, if the one character per tier rule has been done with I have a suggestion for 9-A

Prometheus (CW)

Motivations: His main motivation is to get revenge for his father, whom the main character, Oliver, killed 5 years ago as part of a mission to rid his city of corruption. At least that's what it seemed like. With the plot moving forward it seemed less like it was love for his father that was driving him and more like it was an obsession with Oliver. He views Oliver as a false hero who hides the terrible man he is inside by wearing the mask of a saviour. Prometheus goes to every possible length to break down his enemy and force him to accept this.

There was a scene where he lured Oliver into the same building where he killed his father after Mowing through his guards. And when Oliver arrived there he found a pile of dead bodies arranged exactly like how he had killed those guards five years ago. This is just one of the moments that highlights how deep his fixation with Oliver was.

Presence: Prometheus was a great puppetmaster throughout the entire season and set up a large number of events that would force Oliver through emotional turmoil. His grudge with Oliver was entirely personal but he was not above threatening innocents to get Oliver's attention and make him aware of the game they were playing. He had sent his affiliate to become part of Oliver's team of vigilantes and he himself was the district attorney often working side by side with Oliver who was the mayor. He thus infiltrated both sides of Oliver's life. It didn't take long for Oliver to single him out as the top priority threat he has to deal with while protecting the city

Threat Level: Prometheus was playing everyone like a puppet. Every step Oliver took he had anticipated and there were few if any secrets of Oliver that were safe from him. He didn't have a wealth of resources or a large group of subordinates to do his bidding, but he made up for it by knowing exactly how his enemies acted, how to keep himself out of their reach and what weakness they had which he could exploit.

He was an exact equal of Oliver in terms of combat prowess, but it wasn't his physical threat that made him such a dangerous opponent. It was his intelligence and determination to break Oliver emotionally that posed the biggest threat of all. He even briefly succeeded by torturing Oliver and making him confess that he killed people for satisfaction rather than justice. He was ready to give up on being a vigilante altogether after this, though he would eventually change his mind.

Personality: He is twisted, merciless and uncomfortably fixated in his goals. He never shows any signs of being threatened by the heroes if they confront him and constantly taunts them for their helplessness against him when he meets them as civilians.

None of his evil tendencies feel artificial or exaggerated to me despite how extreme it often gets which goes a long way in making him a good and engaging "pure evil" villain. He doesn't have the most fleshed out backstory and his personal beliefs also don't get explored. But I honestly think it's perfect that way. He is an insane individual who you can't really understand but also can't help but try to and if we were given an actual explanation on how he thinks and acts deep down, I don't think this would work as well.

Entertainment Factor: His actor just really hits it home with the performance and as he gets more and more light shed on him and his plans, he just gets more and more exciting to watch. He is often regarded as one of the two best villains in the Arrowverse and it's not hard to see why.

Sera EX said:
How does one even read Cthulu Mythos without going insane...
Be an existentialist so you sidestep the nihilist message where much of the horror derives from

Andytrenom said:
@Mr.Neg Btw how will you judge the "threat to the main characters" criteria when the villain is the main character?
Same deal in reverse. How much of a threat are they to the people who're either trying to stop them or otherwise coming into conflict with them?

Light Yagami would be a prime example of a villain protagonist who's extremely dangerous and threatening to the people working against him, just to name one.

Yeah I'd agree to Light for the 10-A spot.

"I hate that thick lips moor"

I like how he goes into a rant on how women are terrible and he hates his wife while standing next to her, lol.

Am I the only one who hated Light?

"God of the New World" this, "God of the New World" that.

That mother ****** needed a good slap on the face and a mountain-load of humility.

Warren Valion said:
Am I the only one who hated Light?

"God of the New World" this, "God of the New World" that.

That mother ****** needed a good slap on the face and a mountain-load of humility.
Probably, yes. Though he did get it in the end.

Get promoted instead of Cassio, and ruin Othello's life

Instead he got everyone killed and himself tortured

10/10 master plan

There was also "I want the moor's wife for myself"; "I think the moor is having sex with my wife"; "I think Cassio is having sex with my wife"; "I hate moors".

His motives keep changing when he addresses the audience.

Iago's just racist and sexist throughout.

They're just murderers

They aren't exactly compelling villains

Ozy rofls them both in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back