• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserk Revisions: The Golden Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Alright so, Berserk's great, read the manga, there are some things that need work

Beginning of Golden Age and late golden age are two different things
Firstly, after watching the 97' anime, and then later reading the manga, it was pretty clear that they didn't exactly start 9-A

Griffith at the beginning of the Golden Age was able to deflect blows and generally easily outdo Guts. After 3 years though, Griffith had his sword oneshoted in a heartbeat as Guts kinda just went "meh" and walked away

While you could say that Guts just got more skilled, I have trouble believing that, considering that just after a year of going out to get stronger (note: refers to strength, not skill), Casca states that, indeed, he got stronger. It wouldn't be crazy to assume that Guts got more then skill under his belt when he was with the hawk. His training regiment consists of just swinging his sword over and over again anyways, not making extremely efficient movements or generally outdoing an opponent in a creative way. This becomes evident in the Griffith fight where he just borderline blitzed him and cleaved his sword in twane, rather then just outdoing Griffith deflecting his attacks

So where does this leave us?

As the title suggests, we should divide keys by the beginning and end of the Golden Age for Guts, where the first key is 9-B for easily cleaving through armor and such (along with whatever else I forgot about in that timeframe), and near the end where he fights Wylad and eventually takes him out, which would be 9-A*. Griffith would scale to the beginning of Golden age key at 9-B. As per speed, I dunno.

• Side note: It should be just 9-A, considering apostle Wylad was punting him around the place and he was perfectly even with his base form, and not all apostles are created equal, considering people like Zodd or the Skull Knight are dramatically stronger then others
Tornado
The Eclipse causes this badboi, we should probably talk about it. It doesn't look like it falls under standard storm calculations, but it's something we could calc as a tornado. As per if it scales to the godhand or is just a preptime feat, is something to be discussed in the comments

And that's like, all I have.

This seems alright. Though the eclipse tornado I'm a bit confused on. How would that potentially scale to the god hand? Wasn't the behelit the thing that made the tornado in the first place?

Yeah it's a bit iffy, though, said Behelit was something the godhand can just hand out

Skull knight isn't an apostle, he's probably the old emperor Ganishka and the last guy to have the berserker armor

Besides that though, this seems fine.

I figured he was when they talked about an ancient king in a skull mask ended up having his whole kingdom """"disappear"""" overnight

But if he's entirely unrelated I guess that also works

Yeah he clearly the Old Emperor (I'm thinking a reveal's inevitable in the manga but I haven't read in ages)

I should probably compile specific 9-B feats if I can, unless anyone else can remember anything

I was thinking something more specific

but besides that I don't think there's anything to really slap a calc onto

I could potentially look at Guts breaking the one mace in the 100 man army scene

Oh, forgot to mention

Lifting strength shouldn't be Class 5, weighing down normal men is more a peak human feat anyhow (And didn't the dragonslayer only weigh like 400 pounds anyways)

He took a 40 Ton hit with the dragon Slayer in tow, and that one priest guy did a super casual High 8-C+ feat

But, I'm going to be looking over the black swordsman's feats whenever I actually read all that stuff

That said I also have to reread the golden age to check for speed and maybe specific AP feats either way

The current one we have on the profile from Naruto forums is 40 Tons, that's that for now.

We'll go over it later.

Oh hey thanks ma-

>High 8-C

Delet this

No I was referring to the Tatahakai calc

Which was a joke please don't close this thread before I actually make revisions happen

Okay so after looking through everything again

Speed would probably be Peak Human, as everyone is a trained soldier, and Guts was able to run across a room and cut down Julius before he could grab a sword, as well as stab his so before they could anything.

Though, it looks like there are subsonic feats in the form of Guts reacting to a crossbow bolt, here agai, man he loves this stuff, and being stated that his sword couldn't be seen when fighting a guy

I'm not entirely sure this would scale to Griffith, since it's only shortly before the war ends and Guts ends up completely flooring them in their second fight. And since that's the case, I dunno how worthwhile it would be to calc Guts shattering Samson's mace

DMUA said:
I'm not entirely sure this would scale to Griffith, since it's only shortly before the war ends and Guts ends up completely flooring them in their second fight. And since that's the case, I dunno how worthwhile it would be to calc Guts shattering Samson's mace
From a glance that mace looks about a meter wide at most, don't take this as a factual calc just an estimate

Which puts the volume at 5.24e5 centimeters cubed

Frag of steel is 208 j/cc

108992000 joules or 0.026 Tons of tnt (Small building level)

Though the mace might be smaller or bigger than that i don't know

I don't think it's nearly that big

if it was an entire meter wide, it would go up to Guts' belt, or close to it

I dunno how big maces are in real life, but I'd think a 20 centimeter diameter would likely be far more on point if anything is

That's the idea

Though, that was after 3 years of fighting and, again, probably doesn't scale to Griffith

Griffith did everything wrong, 10-B at best

Anyways

Yeah I dunno how I'd rate BOS speed here

So I saw Tata's calc, what's the proposal now? Same or different? And if the latter, to what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back