• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ben10(omnitrix) Immeasurable speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will come (I waited a year for it to come)
It's fine. I only want to make sure he have all the context, so he can give his official input offsite. It obviously won't be counted because of what deagonx said but we atleast be able to proceed with the insight. I highly doubt that speed is not applicable in this case unlike irl or/ general.

They do not move in the temporal dimension, there is no point in writing as if this were the case. it reacts to the explosion that will create everything, simple as that
it is sufficient for the arriving staff to decide whether this explosion is an immeasurable speed.
Ayy, puşuayy, ayy. Babubabubabu babubabu

But why "timeless void " is even being discussed?
Didn't we had "hypertimeline" reasonings for it instead of "timeless voids" and even greenshifter provided a good example that it's immesurable speed

But why "timeless void " is even being discussed?
Didn't we had "hypertimeline" reasonings for it instead of "timeless voids" and even greenshifter provided a good example that it's immesurable speed
As per Ultima, there's no such thing as speed for bigbang to begin with.

I have consulted the high priest (Ultima):
As per Ultima, there's no such thing as speed for bigbang to begin with.
Because big bang also takes place in an empty void right ?
If yes then wasn't it not just a big bang (to create universe in maltruant 's image) but it was also a blast that was supposed to end hypertimestream (big bang and destruction of hypertimestream can be taken as a separate thing) right?

Because big bang also takes place in an empty void right ?
If yes then wasn't it not just a big bang (to create universe in maltruant 's image) but it was also a blast that was supposed to end hypertimestream (big bang and destruction of hypertimestream can be taken as a separate thing) right?
The best would be to wait for Firestorm. I've stopped arguing over this because it's just their arguments are going circular.
@Firestorm808 ......

I think what Ultima is saying that creating/moving time is not the same as moving through time. If we had something follow the expansion of the Big Bang from within it’d be immeasurable speed, but from the outside it’s harder to judge.

To clarify, what scenario did you describe to Ultima? Just calling it a big bang is an insufficient description of the context we are dealing with.

See my earlier description of our scenario.
I quoted this description from Reiner04:

Yeah. Bigbang explosion has its immeasurable as it expands to entire cosmology in an instant. Including that of hypertimeline (multiple temporal dimensions).

If you want I can communicate a different description, but he did express his intention to come here and evaluate it himself. I was bringing up the timeless void because I thought that the idea was that the energy wave's expansion throughout the presumably timeless void Ben was in at the time was how/why it was immeasurable but it seems I misunderstood. That said, I'm not clear how we're assessing the wave's speed.

We are assigning speed to the energy wave creates and traverses across the entire hypertimeline structure. Is there an issue with this?
Can you rephrase? The verbs after "energy wave" are confusing me given how the sentence starts.

The argument is basically something like “the wave is faster than something within the wave trying to follow it”, with the thing within the wave having immeasurable speed due to freely moving across time.
What is trying to follow the wave? Wouldn't the boundary of the wave just literally be the actual boundary of creation?

I think what Ultima is saying that creating/moving time is not the same as moving through time. If we had something follow the expansion of the Big Bang from within it’d be immeasurable speed, but from the outside it’s harder to judge.
Actually, just scale the speed of the Annihilaargh to itself when it destroys the universe. Or does that not count as well?
destroying or creating the hypertimeline will not give it immeasurable speed.
it's actually that simple

Can you rephrase? The verbs after "energy wave" are confusing me given how the sentence starts.
They refer to the energy emitted during the Big Bang as having immeasurable speed because it creates a hypertimeline, but...
"The fact that the Omnitrix is reacting to this explosion, a big bang that created space-time, should not imply immeasurable speed. It does not matter whether this explosion created a hypertimeline or whether it was high-dimensional, because regardless of these dimensions, it represents a feat of creation and cannot be considered as having occurred faster than time." (this is my answer to them)

destroying or creating the hypertimeline will not give it immeasurable speed.
it's actually that simple
Moving across Hypertimeline is one of most straightforward examples, tho. But the issue here seems to be fundamentally different so I'd suggest that we get that Clarified first.

The energy wave creates each part of the hyper-timeline structure as it goes on. Let's say the energy wave creates Temporal Dimension X. The energy wave would need to move past and across Temporal Dimension X to create Temporal Dimension X+1. The process continues for every other new Temporal Dimension made.

The others mentioned the accepted DBH Chaos Ball as a similar example of immeasurable speed.

We are assigning speed to the energy wave that creates and traverses across the entire hypertimeline structure. Is there an issue with this?
Issue seems to be that Ultima don't think bigbang should have any kind of speed. but since ben 10 is not strict with how timeless voids works idt that's the case apply to it.

The energy wave creates each part of the hyper-timeline structure as it goes on. Let's say the energy wave creates Temporal Dimension X. The energy wave would need to move past and across Temporal Dimension X to create Temporal Dimension X+1. The process continues for every other new Temporal Dimension made.
that was a pretty good explanation
They refer to the energy emitted during the Big Bang as having immeasurable speed because it creates a hypertimeline, but...
"The fact that the Omnitrix is reacting to this explosion, a big bang that created space-time, should not imply immeasurable speed. It does not matter whether this explosion created a hypertimeline or whether it was high-dimensional, because regardless of these dimensions, it represents a feat of creation and cannot be considered as having occurred faster than time." (this is my answer to them)
Once it is decided whether what I say here is right or what you say is right, this issue can end.
The others mentioned the accepted DBH Chaos Ball as a similar example of immeasurable speed.
This is a completely different issue from what you are saying and there is a lot of evidence for immeasurable speed in the dbh series

Last edited:
I am iffy. If we claim that the creation of additional temporal dimensions necessitates instantaneous travel across the initial temporal dimension in a "big bang" context it would seem that we would conclude Big Bangs also have infinite speed for the comparable "traversal" across the spatial dimensions when creating a three-dimensional space, but it appears that we do not normally draw that kind of conclusion.

I am iffy. If we claim that the creation of additional temporal dimensions necessitates instantaneous travel across the initial temporal dimension in a "big bang" context it would seem that we would conclude Big Bangs also have infinite speed for the comparable "traversal" across the spatial dimensions when creating a three-dimensional space, but it appears that we do not normally draw that kind of conclusion.
Iirc the Big Bang in Ben 10 was infinite speed before this for exactly that reason.

Wait I think I misunderstood you.

If you do the inverse context and destroy across many temporal dimensions, is immeasurable speed not applicable? You would destroy Temporal Dimension X, then X+1, and so on?

They do but we differentiate bigbang of pure creation hax (wishing it in existence) and explosion. If former then just range. If later then speed.

If you do the inverse context and destroy across many temporal dimensions, is immeasurable speed not applicable? You would destroy Temporal Dimension X, then X+1, and so on?
I would not generally visualize the destruction of a dimension as "traversing" the dimension by default. I think part of the issue is that these concepts are entirely fictional, we do not have a real-world referent for how the "process" of destroying a dimension would work so any explanation we come up with -- however plausible -- would need to be regarded as a personal theory unless the verse makes it clear that this is how it works.

But, the important caveat here is that I do not usually work on these sorts of threads which is why I am deferring to Ultima on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back