• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ben10(omnitrix) Immeasurable speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think that we should make a similar page (or at least a user blog evaluated by staff) for Ben 10?
I guess attempt to downgrade immesurable speed for Alien X and omnitrix won't stop here and they will try it again and again
I don't think it's needed, despite difference in opinions it's obvious why rating exist as it does. Also that as green brought an example, Ben 10 bigbang is merely a reverse chaos ball and due to expanding throughout cosmology (temporal dimensions), it has way more than what's even needed as base line requirements.

Also casually moving forward in 2 temporal dimensions gives immeasurable speed. Since your speed has to transcend one of them in order to be able to move linearly in the other (which is non-linear compared to the first).
The issue here is that the Omnitrix is reacting to this explosion, a bigbang that created space-time. It doesn't matter how many time dimensions this explosion creates, because no matter how many time dimensions, it is a feat of creation and we cannot treat it as a standard immeasurable speed, there is no evidence that it happens faster than time. There is nothing extra about this explosion except that it creates a hyper timeline, which is not related to immeasurable speed because it shouldn't matter how many time dimensions there are. Apart from that, there are other things that don't make sense in this scene, so it doesn't seem coherent at all.
creating a high-dimensional universe = Immeasurable speed 💀
They do not move in the temporal dimension, there is no point in writing as if this were the case. it reacts to the explosion that will create everything, simple as that
it is sufficient for the arriving staff to decide whether this explosion is an immeasurable speed.

I don't think it's needed, despite difference in opinions it's obvious why rating exist as it does. Also that as green brought an example, Ben 10 bigbang is merely a reverse chaos ball and due to expanding throughout cosmology (temporal dimensions), it has way more than what's even needed as base line requirements.
they have nothing in common we have seen more than once in dbhs that they are faster than linear time with their pure speed

They do not move in the temporal dimension, there is no point in writing as if this were the case. it reacts to the explosion that will create everything, simple as that
it is sufficient for the arriving staff to decide whether this explosion is an immeasurable speed.
the moment it went off everywhere it proceeded exist temporal dimension. They do move from one point to another in time and entangled with it. They move beyond linear time in the hypertimeline too. Both is immeasurable.
they have nothing in common we have seen more than once in dbhs that they are faster than linear time with their pure speed
"They have nothing in common" doesn't change that it is same. One is destroying timeline with its expanse and other is creating it with expanse. More than one has nothing to do with topic.

the moment it went off everywhere it proceeded exist temporal dimension. They do move from one point to another in time and entangled with it. They move beyond linear time in the hypertimeline too. Both is immeasurable.
I already responded to this, so I won't respond to break this cycle, but the ben10 fans involved in the thread should stop writing the same things all the time.

"They have nothing in common" doesn't change that it is same. One is destroying timeline with its expanse and other is creating it with expanse. More than one has nothing to do with topic.
We've seen many times in Dragon Ball that they can move at pure speed but here we see them reacting to the bigbang only once and no matter how big this bigbang is or how many dimensions it has it won't affect the speed of this explosion. Of course this is my opinion against your opinion but if the staff coming in thinks otherwise, that's fine, then why don't we wait for the votes for now?

To reiterate, we're discussing the "speed" of the energy wave that spans and creates the entire higher dimensional hypertimeline structure (past, present, future, etc.).
Is this not what's being discussed?

Is this not what's being discussed?
The issue here is that the Omnitrix is reacting to this explosion, a bigbang that created space-time. It doesn't matter how many time dimensions this explosion creates, because no matter how many time dimensions, it is a feat of creation and we cannot treat it as a standard immeasurable speed, there is no evidence that it happens faster than time. There is nothing extra about this explosion except that it creates a hyper timeline, which is not related to immeasurable speed because it shouldn't matter how many time dimensions there are. Apart from that, there are other things that don't make sense in this scene, so it doesn't seem coherent at all.
creating a high-dimensional universe = Immeasurable speed 💀
this

I have consulted the high priest (Ultima):
We have been assigning bigbang a speed tho.. I don't think one don't need a speed to escape bigbang in fiction, so not sure. I think it'd be better if Ultima can clear why bigbang here shouldn't have any speed despite creating whole cosmology before Ben's eyes in this thread, given if it's his general view rather than view towards particular fiction.

Why do people seem to be strawmanning by claiming timeless void immeasurable speed when that's not even the basis of the argument and then assuming that it does not travel to create the hyper-timeline(although that's what the cosmology page explains). But I guess the nuh uh force carries.

We have been assigning bigbang a speed tho.. I don't think one don't need a speed to escape bigbang in fiction, so not sure. I think it'd be better if Ultima can clear why bigbang here shouldn't have any speed despite creating whole cosmology before Ben's eyes in this thread, given if it's his general view rather than view towards particular fiction.
We expect a vote, not a statement, and we have discussed this many times. It has been 6 pages and these issues have been discussed enough, the important thing from here on is whether to vote or not.

We expect a vote, not a statement, and we have discussed this many times. It has been 6 pages and these issues have been discussed enough, the important thing from here on is whether to vote or not.
And fire storm explained the same thing like more than twice. Not to mention the another admin Bambu(don't remember his name) also agreed with immeasurable speed via hyper-timeline which creates an extra temporal dimension while discussing with Reiner.

Why do people seem to be strawmanning by claiming timeless void immeasurable speed when that's not even the basis of the argument and then assuming that it does not travel to create the hyper-timeline(although that's what the cosmology page explains). But I guess the nuh uh force carries.
Most of what has been written to me on this matter has been very hard to understand from a grammar and language perspective. I'm not trying to strawman you, but the explanations have not been great.

I took the explanation Reiner gave me and asked someone who has more experience with these things.

....? You know that just blind voting to not discuss the obvious or new arguments? Bigbang not having speed should be standard on bigbang page if the case.
bigbang is not an immeasurable speed according to standards, this is not new information

And fire storm explained the same thing like more than twice. Not to mention the another admin Bambu(don't remember his name) also agreed with immeasurable speed via hyper-timeline which creates an extra temporal dimension while discussing with Reiner.
No, Bambu later said he agreed.

Most of what has been written to me on this matter has been very hard to understand from a grammar and language perspective. I'm not trying to strawman you, but the explanations have not been great.

I took the explanation Reiner gave me and asked someone who has more experience with these things.
And what about now, should we take you as having accepted or something else?
a

The argument really seems to have been twisted. Like nobody is arguing for immeasurable speed via movement in a timeless void.

No, Bambu later said he agreed
He agrees that current justification should be removed but rating is fine for another reason that @Firestorm808 provided.
I do agree with removing immeasurable based on what Ultima said.
I think it's for best if Ultima himself clear his stance or atleast opinion in this thread. Since his view is that speed is not related to bigbang which obviously not how fiction treats it. It could be his general view which differs from fiction.

He agrees that current justification should be removed but rating is fine for another reason that @Firestorm808 provided.
That's exactly what I was saying to him
I think it's for best if Ultima himself clear his stance or atleast opinion in this thread. Since his view is that speed is not related to bigbang which obviously not how fiction treats it. It could be his general view which differs from fiction.
True, it seems that these guys gave ultima a twisted version of our argument.

I agree with the downgrade, the rating is fine for different reasons and should be listed as such, I reckon. I haven't read the back discussion though, so I may switch: for now, as long as my position is known, all is well.
"for now, as long as my position is known, all is well."
True, it seems that these guys gave ultima a twisted version of our argument.
You can keep thinking like that, nobody cares.

We have official Timeless Void Standards those types of feats were not even considered immeasurable speed when they were allowed only infinite speed. The argument is that the omnitrix reacted to something that expanded (aka moved) across the entirety of space and time

I directly copied and pasted what I was told here. I don't have any interest in this series such that I'd be trying to manipulate the outcome.
Just to be sure, will he visit the thread or/ will give his opinion on thread (even if offsite but agrees that can be taken here)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back