• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Believe it or not, it's a 100 Years Quest Gray Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your eye's don't deceive you, this is in fact an upgrade for 100 Years Quest Gray. How much of an upgrade you may be asking? Well a substantial one to say the least, but first lets go over the feats:

1) Gray takes some Wood Golem hits:

Gray has been shown of to withstand several hits from the Giant Wood Golems in his fight with Metro. These same Golems have been show to reliably damage characters like Gajeel with a single attack.

However a counter argument that I could see is that Gajeel wasn't at full power when he fought the Golems. Which while somewhat true, it should be mentioned that Gray himself was severely weakened as well as he had fight multiple opponents and even though those fights weren't as intense as Gajeel's fight with Natsu, Gajeel had significantly more recovery time as he was trapped in a card until Wolfen showed up which was several fights after Gajeel vs Natsu.

2) Gray defeats Mira and Elfman

Base Gray was capable of defeating both a weakened Elfman and Mirajane.

Now I would like to mention again that a full powered base Gray cannot beat a full powered Elfman and Mira. However I do have an issue with our current scaling, Gray was never shown to to use his Devil Slayer Mark before or after the fight so we shouldn't assume that he used it here as I could easily say the same for both Mira and Elfman which would severely mess with his scaling. But how is this different than what our current scaling? Well, back in x792 we know that Satan Soul isn't much of an increase as even a severely weakened Base Mira was capable of injuring Jacob and take his attacks. Given Gray had to contend with Base Mira as well as Elfman, who despite not being transformed at the time was capable of scaring off Mad Mole and Skullion who are around Base Natsu Level. The point is that x793 weakened Base Mira >>> x792 weakened Base Mira, Meaning Gray should at the very least scale to x792 Base Mira and Possibly x793 Base Mira as well.

3) Gray Fights the Yokai

The last major piece of evidence is that Gray can fight the Yokai summoned by Youko. These Yokai are capable of at the very least damaging characters like Base Natsu however we can clearly see Base Gray being able to defend against them evenly.

Conclusion:

Base Gray's Durability should be upgraded to 6-C for being capable of taking hits from the Yokai, and Wood Golems, higher with IDSM.

However for Base Gray's AP he should scale to at least High 7-A+, possibly 6-C, higher with IDSM For being able to defeat both Mira and Elfman.

His speed would also increase to Relativistic in Base for being able to react to the Yokai's attacks which are comparable to people like Base Natsu and kept up with Skullion in combat, higher with IDSM for being able to blitz him.

This would also increase both the Thunder Legion and Hakune's AP respectively for overwhelming Base Gray.

Last edited:
This is fine, back-scaling Gray from those 6-C characters is fine

Not like IDSM is a huge amp, it’s mainly just a different kind of magic

Shouldn’t Stardress Lucy also be backscaled to 6-C via fight and damaging both the Wood Golems and Yokai as well?

I'll make this even simpler: Metro should scale to his golems, as he should need to use that much magic to create them to begin with. I don't know why he doesn't scale when he has to use his magic to make them, so them being stronger than him doesn't make sense.

That would make him 10.6 gigatons, so base Gray and Juvia would be 5.3 gigatons for defeating him with a Unison Raid. Anyone that scales to them gets that buff.

Gray is reacting to the attacks not being as fast so that would be straight reaction speed instead

Gray is reacting to the attacks not being as fast so that would be straight reaction speed instead
Base Gray also fought Skullion fairly evenly who is Relativistic and blitzed him with IDSM so his general combat speed should be Relativistic, higher with IDSM.

I'll make this even simpler: Metro should scale to his golems, as he should need to use that much magic to create them to begin with. I don't know why he doesn't scale when he has to use his magic to make them, so them being stronger than him doesn't make sense.

That would make him 10.6 gigatons, so base Gray and Juvia would be 5.3 gigatons for defeating him with a Unison Raid. Anyone that scales to them gets that buff.
This is fine, I can agree with backscaling Base Gray to 5.3 Gigatons off of that

For AP, what about my proposition? I think it'd be a solid upgrade to a handful of characters.

Edit: Mitch's reply didn't show up until now so I didn't get it until now, but what does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back