• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns: Season 3

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Season One | Season Two | Season Three

Summary
I have another hankering for Rimworld, the constantly cycling game of interest, and so it is time for Season 3. For those unfamiliar: Rimworld is a colony simulator game taking place in a universe where humanity as a society has splintered, leaving many worlds alone amongst the cosmos, and with countless planets shunted into disarray and chaos. Despite the presence of some form of galactic government, many worlds (dubbed "rimworlds") have functionally been regressed to feudal frontier planets, with their inhabitants retrogressing to various points of technological advancement: some are tribal, medieval, industrial, or even spacer. Your goal is to create a functioning colony on such a planet, and against such threats as these other societies, giant mutated bug hordes, and rogue mechanoids.

Be My Rimworld Pawns invites you to create a character (or "pawn") for my save of the game. I'll insert the character in, and report here what happens to them/what notable things they do. You can make them as god-awful or as overpowered as you want: I will use the pawn no matter what, whether they help or harm our chances. That said, I am compelled to say that your pawns can die, and as such, weaker pawns may well succumb to the rigors of the colony.

Our Story Continues
As this is Season 3, there is a sort of established canon we're working with here; after all, the game presents itself as a story generator. Do read the following:

"The Molokarian Overcouncil was essentially unanimous. Having run the colony for 40 years, it would continue without their influence: it only seemed right, with an aging Comiphor, to allow the nobility to retire to some capital ship traversing the stars. Their people would govern themselves, left with many of the nobles who decided to yet remain amongst their kind, while the other Thrones of Molokar would take to their own tasks.

The fact of the matter was that they were simply bored. They had carved Molokar from the molten rock of a world on fire with war. And from those first strokes, they made a stable land of prosperity, a land who reacted to chaos with the hammer of law. Now that the world had stabilized into a place on the verge of glitter ascension, those fitful spirits turned their eyes to the stars, towards other ventures in other places.

One such restless soul was Molokar's head general, Crabwhale. His exploits were literal legend, leading the armies of Molokar towards planetary rehabilitation for decades, never showing a trace of age or wear so long as the best medical care existed to hide away what scars had been accrued. He was a creature of war, and had no place in a land of peace. Even before the council had agreed to disband, he had spoken with the Imperium and sworn his blade, should they need it: he was now called upon, his other duties concluded. A new world, a world of war, a world of chaos, had need of him.

It was decreed that he would bring with him a batallion of men, and reclaim the planet from the greedy hands of rebels, monsters, and other unfavorables. So it was that he commandeered a ship and set a course for Golgohrra, a new world on fire."

...and that's about it. The basis of this playthrough is to be one of excessive combat. The usual progression of Rimworld will be replaced by one of constant raids and attacks in a sincerely hostile world. The difficulty settings can be found here: Blood and Dust difficulty (one below the highest), with the Igor Invader storyteller, who prefers to send huge amounts of raids, and in particular will punish ****-ups (such as colonist death) with, you guessed it, even more raids. There will be no reprieve. To balance this, people will start with decent equipment that should prevent immediate death.

For those familiar with Rimworld, I have created a relatively non-invasive ideologion. Tonally, think Aliens, and the Colonial Marines.

What Can You Do?
You may think as all of this as a sort of RP, except that once the character is out of your hands, they simply do without intervention- even from me. Aside from setting up work orders and organizing defenses, the pawns more or less control themselves, handling social encounters as they wish.

For your part, you simply submit a Pawn to represent you (although you may of course submit a name change, if you wish). To do so, begin by choosing a Child and Adult backstory here.

Afterwards, you should describe your strengths and weaknesses: what skills are you talented at, what skills are you weak in, would you describe yourself as particularly resilient or wimpy, emotional or stoic, fast or slow, do you love great food or would you consider yourself an ascetic, what are your passions, etc. I ask for at least one negative and at least one positive, although there is no limit to the amount of specifications you may submit. If you'd like to spell things out in game terms, you may find traits here, and skills here. Do feel free to get Silly with it: if, for example, whimsy should take you to think of a cannibal with kind instincts, then by all means, this is acceptable.

The only real limit is you. Once you're satisfied, submit the pawn, and I will add them to the world. I will take any number of pawns (acknowledging that this can make things extremely difficult for an early colony). So, please, submit. Updates will be posted here, on this thread, and updates relevant to the pawn you submitted will ping you. For the ultimately curious, a verse page tracking powerscaling elements of the verse so far can be found here.

The Pawns So Far
  • @Crabwhale: I've done my best to replicate his character from Season 1, acknowledging that some of the mods used for that playthrough have not been updated to Rimworld 1.5, and so are not usable. Still, he remains the same mostly-bionic monstrosity he was before.
  • @Tllmbrg: A Ship Boy-turned-Assassin, Tllmbrg is not picky about violence. Serves as a quartermaster and weaponsmith for the legion.
  • @Armorchompy: Caveworld Tender, Crop Farmer, he is essentially a druid. He loves plants and does not love people (poor social). He is also a nudist, which is rough for our ideology of "wear full clothes at all times"... ******' hippies. He's an ascetic undergrounder with creepy breathing. He's also generally in favor of cooking, a strange mix for an ascetic.
  • @Arceus0x: Urbworld urchin childhood mixed with a warmonger adulthood, he'll fit right in. He mostly just likes killing people, barring children (shouldn't be an issue, I've never seen an enemy colony have a child in it). He likes physical modifications such as bionics, which is good.
  • @Lawiegg: Tribal, prehistoric hunter shunted into modern times. Yttakin (essentially a wookie), inbred, very talented with animals. Good with stealth stuff.
  • @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch: Shop kid-turned-actor, that is nimble, pretty, and gay, while also being a pessimistic wimp.
  • @Rakih_Elyan: A scholar and sage whose origins lie in the military, he seeks out truth through meditation and martial mastery (even if he does dislike war).
  • @Shmooply: Apprentice Oracle childhood, House Servant adulthood, sickly asexual hard worker, he digs medical, mining (hah), and construction as a minor passion. Dirtmole.
  • @Epiccheev: War Refugee childhood, Imperial Priest adulthood, tough, pretty, joyful, cannibal. He ******* loves social and... cooking... as a cannibal. Huh.

Last edited:
20240901_185926.jpg

Make me a child fighter (Ship Boy) who after he made some illegal weapons had to pivot to a life of crime, with him going a bit wee overboard and becoming a Space Pirate (Assassin)

My strengths are making weapons to fuel my path of destruction, and I'm not picky at who you direct me at.

Pinging the old guard (or, at least, those of the old guard still alive today, not cast out of this hell-domain):

@Crabwhale @Shmooply @azontr @Drite77 @PsychoWarper @Setsuna_tenma @Epiccheev @Comiphorous @Armorchompy @GreyFang82 @Nierre @Rakih_Elyan @Arceus0x @Da3ggman @Tllmbrg

Believe that covers that. Now, we wait. I'll say outright, as of last time, people off of VSBW were also interested in submitting pawns for use: as such, not all of the "players" (so to speak) will be noted here.

Pinging the old guard (or, at least, those of the old guard still alive today, not cast out of this hell-domain):

@Crabwhale @Shmooply @azontr @Drite77 @PsychoWarper @Setsuna_tenma @Epiccheev @Comiphorous @Armorchompy @GreyFang82 @Nierre @Rakih_Elyan @Arceus0x @Da3ggman @Tllmbrg

Believe that covers that. Now, we wait. I'll say outright, as of last time, people off of VSBW were also interested in submitting pawns for use: as such, not all of the "players" (so to speak) will be noted here.
what the flip

I think based on my previous characters I would once again like to be plantmaxxing so (these are just random shit i think makes sense, idk if it works, feel free to change anything)

Caveworld Tender, Crop Farmer, skill I'm good at is Plants, skill i'm bad at is literally like anything else you pick, Nudist (clothes get in the way of treehugging), Undergrounder, Ascetic, Creepy Breathing (inhaling mold spores all day takes a toll on you)

if achieving plant-based magic is possible i would request that i get it

I'd like a Warmonger
Urbworld Urchin background
Name: Sundowner0x (or you can make it some variation of my name, just as you wish)

Special characteristics: uses any weapon he thinks is fit, doesn't mind physical modifications, doesn't kill children, chatty, enjoys war of all kind

I haven't done this in a while so I forgot how specific I have to get so please tell me if I have to add or remove sth

I think based on my previous characters I would once again like to be plantmaxxing so (these are just random shit i think makes sense, idk if it works, feel free to change anything)

Caveworld Tender, Crop Farmer, skill I'm good at is Plants, skill i'm bad at is literally like anything else you pick, Nudist (clothes get in the way of treehugging), Undergrounder, Ascetic, Creepy Breathing (inhaling mold spores all day takes a toll on you)

if achieving plant-based magic is possible i would request that i get it
also i'd like to be a cook too unless it's very likely i'll be spending my whole life farming, because i wish for all to partake in the beauty of my plants (not infected with mind-eating mold)

also i'd like to be a cook too unless it's very likely i'll be spending my whole life farming, because i wish for all to partake in the beauty of my plants (not infected with mind-eating mold)
this guy seems like the least likely person to be infected with mind-eating mold, you're hereby hired as company cook.

Been watching and reading lots of prehistoric movies/Novels/comics.

So I would like mily pawn to be named Shenitzel , Tribal Hunter (Violent),inbred, w hunting stealth,Animal gathere speed ,Animal gathering yeild,Tame animal Chance and train animal Chance
Hulk body type and bald head
Standard eyes.

Can I submit a uuuuuuh pawn thing!!!!
add a few more exclamation points and I'll consider it (go ahead)

Been watching and reading lots of prehistoric movies/Novels/comics.

So I would like mily pawn to be named Shenitzel , Tribal Hunter (Violent),inbred, w hunting stealth,Animal gathere speed ,Animal gathering yeild,Tame animal Chance and train animal Chance
Hulk body type and bald head
Standard eyes.
horrific pawn, welcome to the team

I'd like a Warmonger
Urbworld Urchin background
Name: Sundowner0x (or you can make it some variation of my name, just as you wish)

Special characteristics: uses any weapon he thinks is fit, doesn't mind physical modifications, doesn't kill children, chatty, enjoys war of all kind

I haven't done this in a while so I forgot how specific I have to get so please tell me if I have to add or remove sth
I'll add that he is straight but isn't into romance

Ok ok lemme see if I got this right.

Child Backstory: Shop Kid

Adult Backstory: Actor

For Traits:

Nimble

Pretty

Gay

Wimp

Pessimist

(Got those from the trait thing you linked)
You do indeed. Do you have any particular skill you'd like to focus on, or would you rather just take whatever comes along?

It's depressing that no-one has stopped this Mad Tyrant from making innocent[citation needed] users his pawns.

I'll participate. Gimme a moment.

Child Backstory: Militant Child

Adult backstory: philosopher (Sage)

Trait: Ascetic, Occultist, Body Mastery, Nimble, Brawler, Straight and Void Fascination.

Skill: Melee and Intellectual

Rakih Elyan is a sage, formerly a child soldier. He was deeply pursuing the art of martial way and fighting until he meet an unnatural entity, it grant him a knowledge to control his own body at unnatural and spritual level- Freed from bodily need.

Escaping the military, he began to pursue knowledge instead art of fighting. Becoming a Sage in process as he embark on the never-ending quest to know the truth of universe.

"When on Earth, I look upon the sky. When I'm on the sky, I look upon the stars. I'm curious, I want to know."

rough place to escape the military, in a military engagement campaign

Alright, added

I'll participate. Gimme a moment.
And so it begins.

Child Backstory: Apprentice Oracle
Adult Backstory: House Servant

Traits i dont remember which DLC you got so tell me if i accidentally chose a trait you cant select:

• Hard Worker
  • Sickly
  • Asexual

As for skills... dunno, I'm in a Medical and Mining mood today. I guess Construction would be nice too.
maybe one day there will be a dwarf fortress thread

And so it begins.

Traits i dont remember which DLC you got so remind me if i accidentally chose a trait you cant select:

• Hard Worker
  • Sickly
  • Asexual

As for skills... dunno, I'm in a Medical and Mining mood today. I guess Construction would be nice too.
Bro you just made Majima
-used to be cool
-became a servant of people
-now works at construction

And so it begins.

Traits i dont remember which DLC you got so tell me if i accidentally chose a trait you cant select:

• Hard Worker
  • Sickly
  • Asexual

see

dwarf fortress is cool, but has a lot of limitations. Each dwarf is not so singular as the Rimworld colonists, and I have less means of customizing them to people's requests.

Only DLC I lack is Anomaly.

Back