• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta Verse Revisions: Low 1-C, Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its no longer an outlier now that Witch Time is a speed amp instead of time manip

And how is witch time relevant here when the Angels don't have such abilities? as far as I can see only the lumen sages have something similar

If that's the case then why would they scale at all? Not to mention that, again, you are arguing a fodder with a speed amp is faster than the god tier and thus the god tier should scale as well
Because the angels can amplify themselves to match Bayonetta when she’s using a speed amp.

My argument in the blog was the Jubileus is much faster than Irenic, simply because Bayonetta scales to it, and Jubileus is powered by the equal-opposite force that Bayonetta uses. The angels being able to amp themselves just means some angels in the verse can match Irenics speed easily.

And how is witch time relevant here when the Angels don't have such abilities? as far as I can see only the lumen sages have something similar
I might recommnd reading the CRT that got witch time turned into a speed amp because it was agreed to give th angels passive sped amp for being able to match Witch Tim
If that's the case then why would they scale at all? Not to mention that, again, you are arguing a fodder with a speed amp is faster than the god tier and thus the god tier should scale as well
Because Irenic is a fodder angel and complete fodders like Affinity can react to Irenic in the levl that Irnic is itroduced in

the CRT that got witch time turned into a speed amp because it was agreed to give th angels passive sped amp for being able to match Witch Tim

My mind can't comprehend the mental gimnastics used to reach that conclusion of all things

Man, at this rate someone's going to try a Kirby upgrade at Tier 1 and I'm not going to be able to do anything about it, what even are the standards for that tier? Why is "transcending" and viewing everything as inferior, infinite possibilities the same as being infinite times more complex than being able to destroy an infinite multiverse? That doesn't make any sense, there is no reason for "transcend" to have to necessarily mean infinite more complexity and not just some superiority.
Tier 1 Dante, Tier 1 Dante

Anyway, in all seriousness, I disagree with everything on here except for Irenic, which I agree with

Also what of the in game connections to the diamonds? As I said in the blog, the pole dancing instances in the verse use the diamonds as a layout. When you pole dance on it, the power from the item manipulates their space time.
Not responding to the other point since i have no comment on it, but i believe due to it being a part of the matrix of space-time, using it to manipulate space-time isn't exactly a feat for Tier 1.

Okay just asking for clarification, when we say “I agree with irenic,” are we agreeing with irenic scaling, irenic infinite speed, or both?

Last edited:
Yeah I’m not saying her manipulating the diamonds makes her tier 1, I’m saying that although the quote is a bit vague, the diamonds themselves very clearly have a deep relation with the verses space time. Which is why I believe they represent layers.

Anyways anyone that comments after this, let’s all focus on the tier 1 scaling for now. The irenic stuff is pretty straightforward, and can be finished up after.

That profile makes me so sad. Not sad enough to fix it within the week, though.
One day, Milly, one day...
unknown.png

thats enough derailing for now

Also to explain the mountain once again, I’ll give a small timeline of events.

1. Jubileus is the beginning of everything, existed in a void with the multiverse that she was creating sitting beside her.
2. An unknown calamity happens resulting in Jubileus losing her power, and being forced to govern over Paradiso.
3. This is when the trinity of realities was born.
Aesir was not the governor of Chaos at first, he existed inside his dimension separate from the mountain.
Nobody knows where the world came from. A struggle caused the Trinity of Realities to be split into three realms: light, darkness, and chaos. Obviously, our world was the one born from chaos. The three worlds all needed rulers. Most of all, ours. And the one that ruled the chaos became known as Aesir. Aesir spent the first eternity quietly looking upon the Earth from his holy mountain.”

3.5 Aesir did not govern chaos at first, the humans were left to their own devices. After Aesir watched them, then he decided to govern over their world from the holy mountain.

4. Aesir then spent the first eternity in the mountain, then decided to give humanity his eyes.

However, Aesir pitied the humans for their naivety and lack of free will, so the power he wielded was split into two equal halves and entrusted each to humanity's instincts: the Right Eye of Light, and the Left Eye of Darkness. By dividing the power of the eyes of Aesir, humans gained free will... They could now choose. With control of the Eyes of the World, the eyes that determine destiny, humans could choose their own paths”

hopefully that clears up the mountain thing, now I’ll go about explaining how Aesirs dimension is higher than the others.

I disagree with everything fra but I am open to Irenic speed being used if there are other speed feats close to it and someone provides the feats.

Also to explain the mountain once again, I’ll give a small timeline of events.

1. Jubileus is the beginning of everything, existed in a void with the multiverse that she was creating sitting beside her.
2. An unknown calamity happens resulting in Jubileus losing her power, and being forced to govern over Paradiso.
3. This is when the trinity of realities was born.
Aesir was not the governor of Chaos at first, he existed inside his dimension separate from the mountain.
Nobody knows where the world came from. A struggle caused the Trinity of Realities to be split into three realms: light, darkness, and chaos. Obviously, our world was the one born from chaos. The three worlds all needed rulers. Most of all, ours. And the one that ruled the chaos became known as Aesir. Aesir spent the first eternity quietly looking upon the Earth from his holy mountain.”

3.5 Aesir did not govern chaos at first, the humans were left to their own devices. After Aesir watched them, then he decided to govern over their world from the holy mountain.

4. Aesir then spent the first eternity in the mountain, then decided to give humanity his eyes.

However, Aesir pitied the humans for their naivety and lack of free will, so the power he wielded was split into two equal halves and entrusted each to humanity's instincts: the Right Eye of Light, and the Left Eye of Darkness. By dividing the power of the eyes of Aesir, humans gained free will... They could now choose. With control of the Eyes of the World, the eyes that determine destiny, humans could choose their own paths”

hopefully that clears up the mountain thing, now I’ll go about explaining how Aesirs dimension is higher than the others.
i have problems with this

This is the scans on the blog:
latest.png

latest.png

Contextually, this matches what luka states:

The Legend of Aesir... A legend from the dawn of time.

Nobody knows where the world came from. A struggle caused the Trinity of Realities to be split into three realms: light, darkness, and chaos. Obviously, our world was the one born from chaos. The three worlds all needed rulers. Most of all, ours. And the one that ruled the chaos became known as Aesir. Aesir spent the first eternity quietly looking upon the Earth from his holy mountain. Where we only see reality and make it match our rules of the world, Aesir saw through reality, and those visions became our world. These observations became Aesir's power. Aesir's eyes were truly the eyes that created the world.

However, Aesir pitied the humans for their naivety and lack of free will, so the power he wielded was split into two equal halves and entrusted each to humanity's instincts: the Right Eye of Light, and the Left Eye of Darkness. By dividing the power of the eyes of Aesir, humans gained free will... They could now choose. With control of the Eyes of the World, the eyes that determine destiny, humans could choose their own paths. They awoke to their own identities. Man is but a reed, the most feeble thing in nature, but now we were thinking reeds, and we took our big first step towards grand prosperity.

The inheritors of the eyes of Aesir had been granted the power of creation."

I’ll concede on the tier 1 revisions, will keep them in my back pocket for now since most people don’t agree. Still going for infinite speed though.

It seems very apparent (to me atleast) that with each of those statements, kamiya was intending for paradiso to be seen as infinite. Using both words “unfathomably large” and “endless” in regards to its size and energy output, couldn’t be more in your face..

Hate to re enter this, but i fail to see how paradiso is infinite. The production of endless energy doesnt seem to have a correlation to its size. Likewise, "unfathomable depths" wouldnt mean is infinite size either
Was just about to mention this. Plus Irenic's description has a more definitive size description for Paradiso being that it states Paradiso is "thousands of times" larger than the human world.

Irenics statement isn’t definitive at all, because even if you don’t believe it’s infinite, paradiso is definitely more than thousands of times larger than the human universe. You have two other entire universes, with multiple other universes inside them, that are all apart of paradiso. Seems like a lowball to me.

It seems very apparent (to me atleast) that with each of those statements, kamiya was intending for paradiso to be seen as infinite. Using both words “unfathomably large” and “endless” in regards to its size and energy output, couldn’t be more in your face..
Kamiya's words with both "unfathomably" and "endless" have nothing to do with Paradiso's size from what the scans shows. "Endless" is pertaining to the energy Baldur is trying to gain from accessing Paradiso and Kamiya just says that Bayonetta is "unfathomably deeper" in Paradiso which means nothing.

1000.png

Im not sure this in reference to size, since its talking about the realms ability to ignore wounds. Does anyone have the rest of the entry?

Irenics statement isn’t definitive at all, because even if you don’t believe it’s infinite, paradiso is definitely more than thousands of times larger than the human universe. You have two other entire universes, with multiple other universes inside them, that are all apart of paradiso. Seems like a lowball to me.
The other realms together can still make up the "thousand of times statement"

Kamiya's words with both "unfathomably" and "endless" have nothing to do with Paradiso's size from what the scans shows. "Endless" is pertaining to the energy Baldur is trying to gain from accessing Paradiso and Kamiya just says that Bayonetta is "unfathomably deeper" in Paradiso which means nothing.
No, he’s saying that Bayonetta is traveling unfathomably deeper into paradiso, implying that it’s unfathomable in size.

“It’s meant to indicate you’re proceeding unfathomably deeper into the Angels’ world of Paradiso.”

The definition of unfathomable quite literally is
“1. incapable of being fully explored or understood.”
“2.(of water or a natural feature) impossible to measure the extent of.”

If paradiso was simply thousands of times larger than the human world, that’s not impossible to measure at all, or not be able to understand.

1000.png

Im not sure this in reference to size, since its talking about the realms ability to ignore wounds. Does anyone have the rest of the entry?
“Have you ever heard of gates that connect worlds? It might sound like strange fiction, but the truth is these gates exist all over the world we live in. The gate that connects the three worlds and makes the foundation of our own is relatively well known, so if you're reading this, I'll just go ahead and assume you know of it; however, there are stories of doors that lead to the secret lairs of the supernatural, and I've got a great source of information I need to bring things to light.
I can't reveal who my source is, but according to them, there is a gateway that leads to a primordial world cut off from the flow of time--a place called Muspelheim. The place is full of demons, angels, witches, and sages, who spend their days pursuing nothing other than battle. This limitless world disregards the wounds and deaths of yesterday, always breathing life into its warriors so that they may live to fight another day.”

sounds like he’s referencing the size, and the ability to ignore wounds. Seeing how the sentence is constructed, those are two separate thoughts.

It is perfectly logical for Alfheim to be included in the "thousands of times larger" statement about Paradiso. Muspelheim isn't, it is it's own seperate dimension filled with demons, angels, UW, and LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back