• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta revisions part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Comicgyal Witch Time and Light Speed being either time slow or a speed amp is another thing entirely and I’d have to look through every single instance of both being used in cutscenes to see if the amp is more legit than the time slow arguments. As for the first clip, that doesn’t really look like an amp, that just looks like witch time just ran out than him actually amping himself given the aura that appears when witch time activates is just gone, as for the second clip that may give some leverage for the amp? Maybe?

@WeeklyBattles stop lying with this accusation of me stonewalling. You did NOT posted a single video in this entire thread, Comic was the only one who did. I asked you to post the video of Irenic and you still refuse to do it. Post the video right now then we can get a move on.

Uh-huh...
That snarkiness really isnt helping the situation here. I implore you to look through what Glass has actually been arguing:
  1. That its an outlier (Agreed by literally everyone here other than him [over a dozen people including multiple admins and other staff and even people who were arguing against it previously] that its not)
  2. That its not legit because its being argued to scale to general movement speed (Which its not, Cal only brought that idea up in passing but no one has actually argued for it scaling to general movement speed, only reactions/combat speed which is even listed in the OP)
  3. That no evidence has been provided (When on the contrary there have now been two multi-page threads that have been directly posted to Glass and everyone who has asked for them, multiple times, which he has yet to actually acknowledge and which he refuses to admit)
Everything he is arguing has been repeatedly countered and thoroughly debunked by the knowledgeable members of the verse and the multiple staff in this thread and the previous one. Glass is stonewalling this revision, and at this point i have half a mind to put in a report about it because this is unacceptable behavior from a staff member

@Comicgyal Witch Time and Light Speed being either time slow or a speed amp is another thing entirely and I’d have to look through every single instance of both being used in cutscenes to see if the amp is more legit than the time slow arguments. As for the first clip, that doesn’t really look like an amp, that just looks like witch time just ran out than him actually amping himself given the aura that appears when witch time activates is just gone, as for the second clip that may give some leverage for the amp? Maybe?

@WeeklyBattles stop lying with this accusation of me stonewalling. You did NOT posted a single video in this entire thread, Comic was the only one who did. I asked you to post the video of Irenic and you still refuse to do it. Post the video right now then we can get a move on.
It doesn’t really disappear, due to the timer on top with time is still activated after he breaks out. The clock is still spinning, and the aura is still in the background. Btw witch time is still activated even after that cutscene, if you fast forward a bit You’ll see what I mean.

Also what video are you guys talking about?

That no evidence has been provided (When on the contrary there have now been two multi-page threads that have been directly posted to Glass and everyone who has asked for them, multiple times, which he has yet to actually acknowledge and which he refuses to admit)
He seems to just be asking for a video, if you have already linked it, just quote it again.

@Comicgyal there is the fact that both Jeanne and bayo’s witch time were activated simultaneously. When Jeanne appears everything else slows down, considering that’s away it’s not a stretch to say one of their witch times have ran out in the first clip.

@Comicgyal there is the fact that both Jeanne and bayo’s witch time were activated simultaneously. When Jeanne appears everything else slows down, considering that’s away it’s not a stretch to say one of their witch times have ran out in the first clip.
Yeah that’s true, but they would still be amping themselves to match atleast Jeannes witch time and hers is relative to Bayonetta.

Also im very confused by why Glass is arguing about amps when thats not what this thread is about
Show the scans of Irenic moving faster than the cars shown in the mission. By dodging this, that is stonewalling, which is unacceptable. If you do not have these scans or do not want to collect them, just say so, Comicgyla seems to be getting the scans currently.

So it’s actually kinda hard to get video proof of Irenic going faster than cars on YouTube, so spare weekly in that regard. I went to play the level myself, I’ll provide the videos

Anyways when Irenic is first introduced it comes from behind multiple cars, and crashes through a truck. From that you can already say Irenic moves faster than them

Playing through the level it’s also kinda difficult, because Irenic generally moves as fast as Bayonetta is moving (in game) but if you trail Irenic, you will surpass multiple cars as you’re traveling.

So yeah

The “is Irenic moving faster than cars?” Thing is understandable, but not a solid argument because as I said Irenic generally moves as fast as Bayonetta is moving. But from the screens above you can tell that Irenic can, and does go faster than the other cars when it’s driving.

Another issue with the logic is that Irenic, just like every Angel, spawns ahead of Bayonetta. So it never flies past her except for in its first appearance, to which Bayonetta an catch up with it. It’ll only pass cars if you trail it, because well it’s trying to shoot bayo lol not have a race

So it’s actually kinda hard to get video proof of Irenic going faster than cars on YouTube, so spare weekly in that regard. I went to play the level myself, I’ll provide the videos

Anyways when Irenic is first introduced it comes from behind multiple cars, and crashes through a truck. From that you can already say Irenic moves faster than them

Playing through the level it’s also kinda difficult, because Irenic generally moves as fast as Bayonetta is moving (in game) but if you trail Irenic, you will surpass multiple cars as you’re traveling.

So yeah
It appears to move faster than them, but not by much. But 100% not going there top speed. I can now say I disagree with this new CRT, but am fine with amps.

I don’t agree with Irenic’s speed but definitely not for the car arguement. I can think of many speed feats that have regular normal human speed stuff happen in the background (like dodging sound waves despite in the background leaves from trees are falling normally).

I disagree because 1) If their movement speed is vastly faster than Bayonetta’s, and they are going full speed while fighting her, then they would blast past her and thus neither could fight each other, 2) it’s just a massive outlier. I know many people think that word is thrown around too much, but I personally believe we use it way too little. This feat is beyond millions of times faster than every feat in the series and those other feats come from the literal gods of the verse.

Now before you say anything about me in the last thread, I was very tired and annoyed at something else. So I’m terribly sorry about that and I hope people don’t just dismiss me because of that.

It appears to move faster than them, but not by much. But 100% not going there top speed. I can now say I disagree with this new CRT, but am fine with amps.
Fine by me, again Irenic moves as fast as Bayonetta is moving. So if she goes super fast, Irenic will be there to intercept her. To each their own though

1) If their movement speed is vastly faster than Bayonetta’s, and they are going full speed while fighting her, then they would blast past her and thus neither could fight each other
Its almost like Bayonetta moves slower than them which is what we've been talking abut this entire thread
2) it’s just a massive outlier. I know many people think that word is thrown around too much, but I personally believe we use it way too little.
Four feats all on this level kinda throw a lot of doubt on this being an outlier. High number =/= outlier otherwise a lot of verses would be downgraded justbecause their feat are high.
This feat is beyond millions of times faster than every feat in the series and those other feats come from the literal gods of the verse.
Would youlike the thread where we agreed that they can be faster than the gods of the verse by the verse's own mechanics?

I don’t agree with Irenic’s speed but definitely not for the car arguement. I can think of many speed feats that have regular normal human speed stuff happen in the background (like dodging sound waves despite in the background leaves from trees are falling normally).

I disagree because 1) If their movement speed is vastly faster than Bayonetta’s, and they are going full speed while fighting her, then they would blast past her and thus neither could fight each other, 2) it’s just a massive outlier. I know many people think that word is thrown around too much, but I personally believe we use it way too little. This feat is beyond millions of times faster than every feat in the series and those other feats come from the literal gods of the verse.

Now before you say anything about me in the last thread, I was very tired and annoyed at something else. So I’m terribly sorry about that and I hope people don’t just dismiss me because of that.
We’ve established previously Bayonetta can keep up with Irenic, especially with amps. So its movement speed isn’t vastly superior to hers.

Also I understand that, but to be honest Bayonetta Is just that kind of verse. Before fighting Jubileus you could say Bayonetta is like 6-A, but now she’s suddenly 3-A because jubileus can create universes, despite no other character doing something like that until that point.

Balder going from throwing buildings, to destroying the moon. The verse is just very flamboyant in what they do, and when they choose to do so. Especially when you have a creator who thinks a building level feat is impressive.

“Four feats all on this level kinda throw a lot of doubt on this being an outlier. High number =/= outlier otherwise a lot of verses would be downgraded justbecause their feat are high.”

Weekly MFTL+ is the largest speed tier on this site (when it comes from difference from top to bottom), it goes from a finite number all the way to next to infinite. It doesn’t matter if you have 4 feats that are MFTL+ if these feats are millions of times inferior to the feat.

“Its almost like Bayonetta moves slower than them which is what we've been talking abut this entire thread”

She doesn’t move slower enough to mean she wouldn’t scale. If she did that means they have to slow down to fight her, because they would accidentally pass her otherwise.

When Bayo reacted to Irenic at top speed ?? Please stop with the hole Bayo and Irenic going little faster than normal vehicles implies MFTL+ Speed.... cmon now everyone is MFTL+ ?
When Bayo with Witch AMP reacted to Irenic at top speed ??
I already watched the mission already, nothing crazy happens, and saying Bayo would keep going faster and faster without limit is a HUGE assumption.

She doesn’t move slower enough to mean she wouldn’t scale. If she did that means they have to slow down to fight her, because they would accidentally pass her otherwise.
This makes me want to bring up that Irenic's intro is also weird in that Bayonetta doesn't react to Irenic itself as it drives past her but Bayonetta does react to the truck the Irenic causes to crash towards her. Irenic wasn't MFTL+ in that cutscene as the truck drive clearly reacted to being hit from behind by Irenic.

Weekly MFTL+ is the largest speed tier on this site (when it comes from difference from top to bottom), it goes from a finite number all the way to next to infinite. It doesn’t matter if you have 4 feats that are MFTL+ if these feats are millions of times inferior to the feat.
It doesnw ehnsaid "inferior feats" are performed extremely casually. I think this is a big problem with the people who are against this revision calling it an outlier, youre looking solely at the numbers withouttaking context into account, the circumstancesunder which these feats are performed is what determines if theyr an outlier or not. Again i bring up my lightning/bullet comparison, a charcter casually dodges bullets hundreds of times and then dodges lightning with effort, under your rules for an outlier the lightning dodge would be an outlier despite the circumstances and context saying otherwise.
...Yes, because they have higher movement and travel speed than her, which is what everyon has ben saying this entire thread and is the reason why sh doesnt scale to irenic in general movement or travel speed

I mean once again I can think of a crap ton of speed feats that have normal humans do normal human things despite their being like a sound wave or lightning bolt moving towards them. So I don’t think using the normal cars is a good idea.

The fact that so many people are against this revision under the pretense that this is scaling to bayonetta's running speed when the entire thread has been saying it doesnt and the OP itself says that this isnt scaling to her running or travel speed yet theyre still against it solely for that reason is genuinely concerning

Yes, because they have higher movement and travel speed than her, which is what everyon has ben saying this entire thread and is the reason why sh doesnt scale to irenic in general movement or travel speed”

Weekly that is exactly my point. If they have faster movement speed than her they would need to slow down to fight her. Because they would instantly pass her if they didn’t slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back