• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta revisions part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Glass

So, at first I would like to ask what other calcs we have for Speed in Bayonetta, besides the MFTL and the Irenic feat ?

with her having three other extremely casual reaction/combat speed feats in the MFTL to MFTL+ range to back this feat up

The only calcs we actually have for the verse is the Irenic feat and jubileus flying across the solar system. Aside from them there’s the Pluto laser feat, which highballed at best is like 7000 times FTL. No other feats come to mind in the games unless there’s something I’m missing.

We can give permission for regular members to comment if they have something genuinely insightful to say, and do not simply spam nonsense, for example.

I think that the last thread turned derailed with spam comments, but may misremember.

In any case, what I said in my last post seems like the best approach here.

The only calcs we actually have for the verse is the Irenic feat and jubileus flying across the solar system. Aside from them there’s the Pluto laser feat, which highballed at best is like 7000 times FTL. No other feats come to mind in the games unless there’s something I’m missing.
Well, I believe we should give Pluto a try then, MFTL+ accepted or not

Considering the speed calcs alone, yeah I can see this being very outliersh, as stated previously a fodder/Low Tier having a feat that surpasses the God Tiers is what outlier basically means, and stuff like "God Tiers scale to fodders all the time" isn't even true as we have multiple verses with fodders having better or close feats to the God Tiers having their calcs discarted because Outlier and Consistency is a thing and has their own pages in the wiki. But like I said, this is only looking at the 2 calcs and to who they scale

My view is that apparently Irenic, despite being Low Tier, is similar to a speedster character, that usually isn't God Tier but has a particular high speed among the verse because that's what they do, they are specially fast and usually have a reason to be. Considering that, I can see Irenic's case being legit since both calcs are about Travel Speed, and it isn't the intention of the thread to upgrade them in Travel Speed but only Combat and Reaction afaik (With apparently only the Time/Speed hax ?). So I agree that looking only to the calcs and who the calcs scale to, it's a OBVIOUS Outlier, but considering the (apparently) verse mechs, it can work, It's all a matter of case by case anyway

I think that the last thread turned derailed with spam comments, but may misremember.

In any case, what I said in my last post seems like the best approach here.
^^^^^^^^^

He wanted the thread to be more organized instead of a bunch of spam. I personally agree with him, DOOM, bayonetta, DMC threads and a few others i've noticed always seem to have a debate and then a few random users leaving like 8 messages repeating the same thing over and over. I may not be staff, but I still prefer that threads don't get congested with these kinds of messages.

Thank you, Glass

So, at first I would like to ask what other calcs we have for Speed in Bayonetta, besides the MFTL and the Irenic feat ?
Theres near-dead Jubileus crossing th solar systm instantly (398 c), Jeanne dodging meteors that traveled from Pluto to Earth in 7 seconds (4000+ c), and Bayonetta dodging a lightspeed beam when it is a fraction of a milimeter away from her (Uncalced awating a calculation but estimated to be in the thousands of c by two calc members)

All of these feats are extremely casual

And why is that exactly? I'd like a legitimate answer as that is in fact how we treat feats on the wiki for every verse, a high feat done with effort supported by multiple lower feats done casually is more than enough to support a rating like this

Could you explain why? Theres already been a ton of explanation why it would scale to her normally without amps
Because impossibly large gap that I explained for a entire page in the previous thread? I said I only agreed for it "with amps" as that is the only one that actually does scale and happens in-game.

Because impossibly large gap that I explained for a entire page in the previous thread? I said I only agreed for it "with amps" as that is the only one that actually does scale and happens in-game.
...You mean the thing that almost everyone here already agreed doesnt matter? I brought it up in the other thread but since it was ignored there i'll bring it up here too:

Saying that the high-yield feat done with effort shouldnt be used because its supported by numerous lower casual feats is not an argument. It is the equivalent of saying a character who dodges lightning with effort and then constantly casually dodges bullets shouldnt be MHS because their constantly casual feats are way lower than their feats don with effort

...You mean the thing that almost everyone here already agreed doesnt matter? I brought it up in the other thread but since it was ignored there i'll bring it up here too:

Saying that the high-yield feat done with effort shouldnt be used because its supported by numerous lower casual feats is not an argument. It is the equivalent of saying a character who dodges lightning with effort and then constantly casually dodges bullets shouldnt be MHS because their constantly casual feats are way lower than their feats don with effort
Your last argument assumes that the God-tiers did compete with them, which they did not. You tell people to add the true details, yet you do not yourself. I told yoy my argument, and the amount of people who have agreed is pointless. I already agree with this, but just with their amps.

Your last argument assumes that the God-tiers did compete with them, which they did not. You tell people to add the true details, yet you do not yourself. I told yoy my argument, and the amount of people who have agreed is pointless.
So you really havent read any of the arguments brought up in this thread have you? No one is arguing that the God-tiers travel as fast as irenic, literally this entire thread has been explaining why Irenic has faster movement speed than any of the god-tiers. Instead of accusing me of lying mayb you should rad what youre debating instead of giving a one-word disagremnt and then getting defnsive when people call you out on it
I already agree with this, but just with their amps.
Dude, Bayonetta can only access her amp against Irenic by reacting to Irenic without her amp active. Claiming that shes only that fast with amps is directly contradictory to how the fight against Irenic goes.

There’s also the fact that due to the gameplay showing normal cars being able to drive as fast as Irenic, there can easily be the argument that Irenic wasn’t going at its top speed, so assuming Bayo reacted to it at its top speed is already iffy.

also when the hell was the feats done casually? Especially Queen Sheba and the Pluto nuke when they weren’t implied to be casual?

I dont know what game you were watching but Irenic is dfinitely not the speed of a normal car, even in its introduction its shown barreling through speeding traffic way faster than cars and it outspeeds everything else on the screen

So you really havent read any of the arguments brought up in this thread have you? No one is arguing that the God-tiers travel as fast as irenic, literally this entire thread has been explaining why Irenic has faster movement speed than any of the god-tiers. Instead of accusing me of lying mayb you should rad what youre debating instead of giving a one-word disagremnt and then getting defnsive when people call you out on it

Dude, Bayonetta can only access her amp against Irenic by reacting to Irenic without her amp active. Claiming that shes only that fast with amps is directly contradictory to how the fight against Irenic goes.
I've read this thread... bruh. I'm not even going to adress your "defensive" argument because it is unrelated and pointless. And no, you argue that due to being a God Tier, they should upscale from Irenic in all aspects. They are only MFTL+ movement speed (Irenic scaling) with Amps, which is my point. Also, I need more proof for Irenic scaling in all other speed categories. Like, scans, not arguments.

I dont know what game you were watching but Irenic is dfinitely not the speed of a normal car, even in its introduction its shown barreling through speeding traffic way faster than cars and it outspeeds everything else on the screen
Irenic was only out speeding normal vehicles in its introduction. I've shown a clip in the last thread showing how fast Irenic moves during the gameplay section and it's roughly the same speed as the regular vehicles. I played the mission myself to check and Irenic in gameplay moves no quicker than regular vehicles.

Irenic was only out speeding normal vehicles in its introduction. I've shown a clip in the last thread showing how fast Irenic moves during the gameplay section and it's roughly the same speed as the regular vehicles. I played the mission myself to check and Irenic in gameplay moves no quicker than regular vehicles.
Ah yes because gameplay takes precedence over both cutscenes and lore

And no, you argue that due to being a God Tier, they should upscale from Irenic in all aspects.
Okay so you havnt read th thread, that claim alone proves it, bcause if you had read th thread you would know that NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT.
They are only MFTL+ movement speed (Irenic scaling) with Amps, which is my point. Also, I need more proof for Irenic scaling in all other speed categories. Like, scans, not arguments.
No one is arguing that anyone scales to Irenic in all aspects, please read the thread.

To be frank, I do think this thread is a bit unnecessary, so many people have agreed for MFTL+ scaling for Irenic.

I’ve already written the MFTL+ revisions via amps on some profiles, as that was approved, so why do we need this? The amps are casual, witch time and light speed and whatever else can be used whenever, I don’t see the issue.

Okay so you havnt read th thread, that claim alone proves it, bcause if you had read th thread you would know that NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT.

No one is arguing that anyone scales to Irenic in all aspects, please read the thread.
You must not be reading the same thread I am, I see multiple people saying that.

You must not be reading the same thread I am, I see multiple people saying that.
The only one arguing it is Cal and even he only put it as a suggestion not as an argument for whathe thinks it should be

Seriously all youre doing is wasting people's time with arguments like this, arguing things that arent even being suggested in th thread

To be frank, I do think this thread is a bit unnecessary, so many people have agreed for MFTL+ scaling for Irenic.

I’ve already written the MFTL+ revisions via amps on some profiles, as that was approved, so why do we need this? The amps are casual, witch time and light speed and whatever else can be used whenever, I don’t see the issue.
Thank you, this is all I wanted.

Ah yes because gameplay takes precedence over both cutscenes and lore
Well, cutscenes didn't show Irenic moving at its lore speed either. All I'm saying is the gameplay can't be used to prove it was traveling at lore speed during the interaction with Bayonetta.

Now to quote my homeboy @HeeHomeboyMokey

"the gap between the feats is huge, 19508c to hundreds of trillions c is like arguing someone with a 1 million c feat is consistently that fast because they have an escape velocity feat (mach 32, high hypersonic)

like thats not a metaphor its literally mathematically the same thing in terms of proportions"

But to quote my Bestie @The_Divine_Phoenix

"Reminder we're supposed to do everything possible to reconcile a feat with the work before calling it an outlier, and that that is an absolute last resort, as per the outlier page.

it feels like people tend to forget this"

So take those both as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back