• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta revisions part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is consistent yes, three absurdly casual lower MFTL+ feats back it up on top of the now accepted mechanic that allows fodder Angel's to be faster than Jubileus

And as already discussed this only scales to her combat and reaction speed not her running or travel speed so I dont want to see any of that 'it doesnt scale because she doesnt run that fast' bs brought up here

So yes, it is consistent and should scale to Bayo and co. Reactions and combat speed

Only made this per Ant's request.

We already discussed everything I needed to regarding this.

Infinite day, Efite, and Glass had arguments against.

I don’t really have a problem with Irenic scaling. Like I guess there’s trouble with it being limited to statements and to back up what you say in words to make it not hyperbole, but other than that, outlier argument falls flat for me.

To clarify for everyone that doesnt know exactly what this is about, Irenic is a fodder angel from Bayonetta 1 which has a calc that puts its movement speed at 300 trillion c. Bayonetta is able to react to this angel in combat without the use of her Witch Time, but is not able to actively run as fast as it, ergo this would only scale to her reactions and combat speed, with her having three other extremely casual reaction/combat speed feats in the MFTL to MFTL+ range to back this feat up. Due to a recent discussion about Witch Time being a speed amp rather than a time slow it was determined that Angel's can in fact be faster than the god tiers of the verse, such as Jubileus whose best movement/travel speed feat was only MFTL, meaning that this would not be an outlier by argument of 'fodder cannot be faster than the god tier' either. This feat solely scales to reactions and combat speed for everyone except the angel in question.

I'd imagine that the logic is that if a lower tier has a higher feat than the God Tier scales by principle of being a God Tier, not sure though.

That's the definition of an outlier last I saw.

Fodder having feats greater than those of the actual God Tiers
It's already been heavily discussed and been agreed that due to the mechanics of the verse the fodder can be faster than the god tier

Though there are people wondering why this wouldnt simply upscale like Cal

Oh yeah I though that was clarified, Irenic is faster solely in movement speed because it was made specifically to be a messenger for Jubileus, but the god tiers can still react to it they just cant travel as fast as it

The thing is she doesn’t, her fastest speed feat is in the thousands, not the trillions of times FTL.

Jubileus does scale, I understand why it’s seen as an outlier, but people also ignore that shes powered by the right eye. Jubileus should realistically scale the same way as Bayonetta does.

@WeeklyBattles you mean the version that's fine when her soul crashed to the planet and flew back to fight bayonetta and resulted in a game over? Don't leave that part out.

@The_real_cal_howard You're not explaining how or why they'd scale dude. Why would they scale when the god tier feats aren't on the same level? Saying they upscale is the same thing as me saying Dragon ball characters upscale from Kid Goku reacting to Tien's solar flare despite none of the higher tier characters reaching that level of speed until Z.

@Comicgyal despite being powered by the right eye her fastest speed feat is in the thousands of times FTL. That adds more holes to the scaling than normal.

@WeeklyBattles you mean the version that's fine when her soul crashed to the planet and flew back to fight bayonetta and resulted in a game over? Don't leave that part out.
I wouldn't call having parts of her completely shattered, being beaten into incapacitation, and then having her soul punched out and crashing into a planet 'fine'

@The_real_cal_howard You're not explaining how or why they'd scale dude. Why would they scale when the god tier feats aren't on the same level? Saying they upscale is the same thing as me saying Dragon ball characters upscale from Kid Goku reacting to Tien's solar flare despite none of the higher tier characters reaching that level of speed until Z.

@Comicgyal despite being powered by the right eye her fastest speed feat is in the thousands of times FTL. That adds more holes to the scaling than normal.
That doesn’t make her an outlier though, because her power quite literally comes from someone who scales to Bayonetta. Given the circumstances of their battle, which was in a confined space, it’s fine that jubileus wasn’t moving trillions of times FTL.

But when you acknowledge that bayo can move that fast, due to scaling from Irenic, Jubileus keeping up with Bayo means that she is moving that fast. Especially since bayo uses witch time.

But yeah I'm with Cal, god tiers upscale from fodder all the time, tons of verses do it I dont see why you're having such an issue with this

@WeeklyBattles her soul getting punched out didn’t really hurt her being that much, she’s perfectly functional as we see when she crashes to any of the planets and is more than willing to fly back and fight.

@Comicgyal Why are you bringing up a “confined space” argument when the confined space can also turn into a universe? That’s not a confined space at all, so your argument is moot. And again, it does not matter if Balder was amping Jubileus therefore she upscales, the fact that her feat isn’t close to the trillions flies in the face of this feat being consistent.

As I said in the previous thread, this should mostly be a staff only discussion, in order to avoid making an incoherent mess again, so I moved this thread to our staff forum.

In addition, we need a good summary of the discussion so far to place in the first post of this thread.

As I said in the previous thread, this should mostly be a staff only discussion, in order to avoid making an incoherent mess again, so I moved this thread to our staff forum.

In addition, we need a good summary of the discussion so far to place in the first post of this thread.
Would I still be permitted to reply? I was the one who reproposed the Irenic scaling in the first place.

Also I can make the summary of the last thread which led to this one if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back