• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta Regenerationn Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm neutral as I kinda think it's just a gag and not to be taken seriously, but if it is consistent to other characters, then I guess it can work.

Really?

That just looks like a gameplay gag, she turns flat and falls down like paper. Do we actually take stuff like that seriously, if it was a cutscene I'd believe it but...

If we do this for other characters, then I guess this should be fine.

I didn't even know Bayonetta had a healing factor, has she recovered from anything else?

@Rusty Apparently we do, and it happens in both games and for both Bayo and Jeanne

I gave Kirby characters Toon Force for being able to do the same, I think she should have that power along with the regen.

Looks good to me as well; though I thought being flattened was Mid-High.

You can already regen the rest of the body with Low-Mid, so yeah this seems Mid to me.

How would we reconcile this with her still being in trouble after being hit too hard too many times, would it be like DIO's stamina limited regen?

Not even asking that to contest the regen itself. I'm just not 100% on how that works.

Could be either some kind of exotic physiology, toon physics or game mechanics than actual damage. Even then surviving being 2 dimensionally flattened dont mean you can also grow your head back and vice versa.

I vaguely recall it was on a Wario thread that it was mentioned getting flattened is High-Mid; though, he's Mid-High since he can regenerate from ashes. Also, yes some characters don't have well rounded Regenerationn; such as Low-Godly Regenerationn, but can only regenerate if no physical substance is left and same character can regenerate from even basic wounds. So that's not really a good example.

Getting paper flattened would heavily imply every single bone in their body is crushed. Also, Bayonetta is generally more serious; feels weird for it to just be toon physics rather than actual Regenerationn. Seems pretty clear cut that there should be actual violence involved.

There seems to be more people who are fine with it than there are those who feel iffy; additionally Ryukama is one of the people who said he was okay with it. So, perhaps maybe? Though, just a little bit more input wouldn't hurt.

Crzer seems to be objecting to it.

I want to know how this interacts with stamina but I think the feat itself seems fine.

Hi d objection seems to be more predicated on it being possibly better classified a something other than Regen, as opposed to overly specific applications not being able to be generalized to other things.

Seeing as Balder regenerated from having a bullet put through his head i dont see why this is a stretch

Because they're different characters and this is a very different feat.

I think this feat is fine, but am attempting to convey what it seems Crzer and rusty were getting at.

Also still curious about the stamina thing.

"Surviving being 2 dimensionally flattened dont mean you can also grow your head back and vice versa." I literally explained in detail on my first paragraph above, about the difference between high up levels of Regenerationn and well rounded Regenerationn.

Also explained the nature of Bayonetta; cartoony isn't how I'd really describe it and gags aren't really a thing; feats are pretty solid. Treating as a stamina feat rather than a Regenerationn feat also just sounds like a weird knit pick.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
"Surviving being 2 dimensionally flattened dont mean you can also grow your head back and vice versa." I literally explained in detail on my first paragraph above, about the difference between high up levels of Regenerationn and well rounded Regenerationn.
Also explained the nature of Bayonetta; cartoony isn't how I'd really describe it and gags aren't really a thing; feats are pretty solid. Treating as a stamina feat rather than a Regenerationn feat also just sounds like a weird knit pick.
Words to describe Bayonetta are ridiculous and over the top.

Being flattened like paper and falling in the wind fits both of those descriptions in my book.

No I'm wondering how it links to stamina since you can still cause trouble for her by hitting her enough times without obliterating her body, as opposed to other regens where they just heal forever.

@Wok Its a in-game health bar. Dante doesnt passively regen in-game, neither does Kratos.

@Warren, when characters get cut, they bleed real blood. And flattening giants usually flatten them into puddles of blood. Also, the game is quite bloody and gory among other things rather than just popping like balloons or crumbling like shredded leaves.

Also, using the "health bar doesn't raise automatically in game" is just game mechanics and not a very good example.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Wok Its a in-game health bar. Dante doesnt passively regen in-game, neither does Kratos.
I'm not really familiar with either but I thought Kratos' more important thing was ressurection.

Specifically about the "grow your head back" part, Mid regen starts in brain damage, no one is saying Bayo can do the former. I said it before but I will repeat it, she should have both this regen and Toon Force.

? I took it as "everything is still there but crushed" and was referring to having the head removed/decapitated and creating a new one. The crushed head is still visible so, as I see it, having to heal that=/=creating a new head from nothing.

Seems fine for mid Regen then

Guess mid Regenerationn could be added then; we got more than enough input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back