• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the 9-B's with most victories (GRACE)

Let just say Connie can actually fought on par with Pearl for a while, it still doesn't make sense to scales her on Pearl level. Most of her fights last no more than two minutes and the result are her losses, she obviously lack of experience to win against someone who have been fighting for millennium. The proof is that she is easy to distracted and loses her grip on the sword which is something a fighter shouldn't in a battle.

I have skimp her profile and the only times Instinctive Reaction work is when she broken a guy arms without noticed. It isn't pratical as she would have an hard time scratching Deku with lower AP and giving an opening for him to attack.

Let just say Connie can actually fought on par with Pearl for a while, it still doesn't make sense to scales her on Pearl level. Most of her fights last no more than two minutes and the result are her losses, she obviously lack of experience to win against someone who have been fighting for millennium. The proof is that she is easy to distracted and loses her grip on the sword which is something a fighter shouldn't in a battle.

I have skimp her profile and the only times Instinctive Reaction work is when she broken a guy arms without noticed. It isn't pratical as she would have an hard time scratching Deku with lower AP and giving an opening for him to attack.
And again, even being able to keep up in the slightest with Pearl puts Connie leagues ahead of Deku in terms of skill (Especially BoS Deku)

Connie using a sword means she isn’t going to just be barely hurting him, she’s going to be greatly harming him (For reference on this, you could take some scrawny ten year old, give them a knife, and they’d be able to cut through the strongest guy in the world like paper (Which by the way, is an even greater AP gap than what’s present here)

(Also, I don’t remember what thread it was, but I was told previously that using a knife would allow a character to hurt someone with dura over 50x their AP, so just a 6x dura advantage wouldn’t help much)

Last edited:
My point still stand, her fights proven she is significantly below Pearl level and should scales to her own feats instead. BoS Deku already shown to be an analytical fighter, especially the fights against Stain and Gran Torino, its have more solid ground than just keeping up with someone for few minutes.

I know about piercing damage but that doesn't matter. Deku isn't gonna stand there and take it, he will found a way to defeat her without sustain too much damage.

My point still stand, her fights proven she is significantly below Pearl level and should scales to her own feats instead. BoS Deku already shown to be an analytical fighter, especially the fights against Stain and Gran Torino, its have more solid ground than just keeping up with someone for few minutes.

I know about piercing damage but that doesn't matter. Deku isn't gonna stand there and take it, he will found a way to defeat her without sustain too much damage.
Not if that someone is able to fight and defeat groups of people designed to be incredibly skilled fighters with thousands of years of combat experience

And Connie isn’t gonna stand there and let herself get punched, and because of her way higher skill and IR, it’s much more likely that she stabs Deku in the face or something before he can put her down

Let make an example here: I have learnt Karate for 5 days and i has to face against a Karate master with 100 years of experience. I was able to keep up with him for 2 minutes then got defeated. Does that make me comparable to him?

You always bring up this "thousands of years of experience" argument yet the videos proven otherwise. She barely hold her own against Peal and defeated in the end, it is not a solid feats to argue for her.

Pearl was being controlled by White Diamond and Connie was actively avoiding killing her yet she still knocked a bloodlusted Pearl on her ass and only got disarmed because Steven was in trouble. Other than that she has no loses throughout the series.

Connie's sword is 7-A, she would absolutely be able to scratch Deku with it

Let make an example here: I have learnt Karate for 5 days and i has to face against a Karate master with 100 years of experience. I was able to keep up with him for 2 minutes then got defeated. Does that make me comparable to him?

You always bring up this "thousands of years of experience" argument yet the videos proven otherwise. She barely hold her own against Peal and defeated in the end, it is not a solid feats to argue for her.
Yes, yes it does

Pearl was being controlled by White Diamond and Connie was actively avoiding killing her yet she still knocked a bloodlusted Pearl on her ass and only got disarmed because Steven was in trouble. Other than that she has no loses throughout the series.

Also who tf did this? Connie’s sword being 7-A was brought up and rejected several times before, since her sword just ignores dura against gems

Which is a critical mistake for a fighter to make, she got distracted and loses her sword twice which proven her lack of experience.

Yes, yes it does
People don't just become skilled in few minutes without a good reason. That goes against how skills and experience work in the beginning.

Fiction differ from real life but it still follow logic to certain level. You don't suddenly become skilled just like that, unless you got some kind of special ability.

Connie doesn't shown that level of skills, more so she loses against Pearl twice and the fights doesn't last 5 minutes.

Fiction differ from real life but it still follow logic to certain level. You don't suddenly become skilled just like that, unless you got some kind of special ability.

Connie doesn't shown that level of skills, more so she loses against Pearl twice and the fights doesn't last 5 minutes.
Not really, being able to become really skilled really fast is usually just an intelligence feat (And Connie’s intelligence section notes her combat skill)

She loses sure, but she still holds her own for a good while, showing that she’s at least somewhat comparable to Pearl in skill

Its more credit to Pearl's teaching ability tbh, Pearl is an absurdly good teacher seeing as she has a side project that was tutoring Steven to the point that he is more book-smart than 98% of kids his age

Also why does the length of the fight matter?

Yeah, fictional characters usually have very high learning skills but that won't put her up anywhere near Pearl level.
Why not? You can lose a fight to someone and still be comparable to them, and Connie is in that same boat. It’s not like Pearl effortlessly stomps Connie without even trying, she defeats her after a somewhat short, but still lengthy sword fight where she needs to put actual effort into defeating Connie, which shows that she’s at least decently comparable in skill

Its more credit to Pearl's teaching ability tbh, Pearl is an absurdly good teacher seeing as she has a side project that was tutoring Steven to the point that he is more book-smart than 98% of kids his age

Also why does the length of the fight matter?
Pearl is a good teacher but it doesn't add up to Connie skills. The length kinda matter because it give info on the fighter mentality and how they perform.

Why not? You can lose a fight to someone and still be comparable to them, and Connie is in that same boat. It’s not like Pearl effortlessly stomps Connie without even trying, she defeats her after a somewhat short, but still lengthy sword fight where she needs to put actual effort into defeating Connie, which shows that she’s at least decently comparable in skill
I agree with Connie hold ground against Pearl, i simply disagree with scaling them each other. Connie have never reached the same level of Pearl due to the lack of experience and skills.

I agree with Connie hold ground against Pearl, i simply disagree with scaling them each other. Connie have never reached the same level of Pearl due to the lack of experience and skills.
Those two things are kind of linked though, if Connie is able to hold her own, than she has to have at least comparable combat skill, otherwise she’d get completely stomped, which she doesn’t

Connie would need more than just keeping up to be comparable to Pearl. I have watched some of Pearl fights, this is the level of skills which Connie have never come close to.

You can't shorten millennium to two minutes with just two fights. Connie losing to her twice basically proven the huge gap between them.

Connie would need more than just keeping up to be comparable to Pearl. I have watched some of Pearl fights, this is the level of skills which Connie have never come close to.

You can't shorten millennium to two minutes with just two fights. Connie losing to her twice basically proven the huge gap between them.
Pearl gets distracted in that video, therefore by your logic she can’t be that experienced

As I’ve said before, losing to someone doesn’t mean you can’t be comparable to them, and since Pearl needed to actually try to defeat Connie, that proves that the gap between them isn’t that big

Someone who fought for millennium vs someone who learned for months, the gap are unimaginable huge for Connie to even compare.
Experience =/= skill

Connie doesn’t need millennia of experience to be comparable to Pearl, her being able to hold her own after a few weeks/months of training is just a testament to her ability to learn quickly (Honestly I could see Connie getting Accelerated Development for this, but it’s ~4 AM right now and I’m too lazy/tired to make a CRT for it)
No, it does. In this case, Pearl defeated Connie quite easily, despite the latter manage to hold ground for while. Look back to Pearl fights and you'll see Connie has never done anything to that level.
Connie holding her own for a while is exactly why I’m saying she’s comparable, sure she’s probably not fully on Pearl’s level, I won’t deny that, but the fact that she can keep up/hold her own in the slightest is already magnitudes above Deku given just how skilled Pearl is

Experience =/= skill

Connie doesn’t need millennia of experience to be comparable to Pearl, her being able to hold her own after a few weeks/months of training is just a testament to her ability to learn quickly (Honestly I could see Connie getting Accelerated Development for this, but it’s ~4 AM right now and I’m too lazy/tired to make a CRT for it)

Connie holding her own for a while is exactly why I’m saying she’s comparable, sure she’s probably not fully on Pearl’s level, I won’t deny that, but the fact that she can keep up/hold her own in the slightest is already magnitudes above Deku given just how skilled Pearl is
Once again, that completely goes against how skills work in the beginning, those two are essentially same thing. None of her feats actually put her near Pearl level, even by a little bit. Just learning fast aren't enough to grant Accelerated Development, unless said character have extraordinary skills like Baki Hanma.

Connie being unquantifiable below Pearl meaning you can't use her as a comparison. I have seen better cases of characters keep up with more skilled enemies for a period time before taken out and its still doesn't scales. Connie's skills and training are just a portion of Pearl actual skills and experience.

Once again, that completely goes against how skills work in the beginning, those two are essentially same thing. None of her feats actually put her near Pearl level, even by a little bit. Just learning fast aren't enough to grant Accelerated Development, unless said character have extraordinary skills like Baki Hanma.

Connie being unquantifiable below Pearl meaning you can't use her as a comparison. I have seen better cases of characters keep up with more skilled enemies for a period time before taken out and its still doesn't scales. Connie's skills and training are just a portion of Pearl actual skills and experience.
Except it doesn't? You don't need a ton of experience to be extremely skilled in combat. And Connie's feats that put her on a similar level as Pearl are, well, fighting Pearl mainly. Also learning fast is literally one of the defenitions of Accelerated Development

She's below Pearl, but she can still hold her own, which means they are at least somewhat comparable, Pearl having a load of experience doesn't mean that Connie absolutely needs a ton of experience to be able to fight her. And a portion of Pearl's skill is already enough for Connie to beat Deku

Last edited:
Back