• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of God Killers: Gorr vs Kratos (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how will Gorr deal with Kratos's AD?
He will become more stronger, faster and skilled in battle.
There's also power absorption with blades, spears and bare hands if he has to amplify his power.

I feel like I'm repeating myself ad nauseam. 1 minute isn't a short time for beings this fast.
No. Because when you think about it that 1 minute was 1 minute to gorr. A MFTL+ character.
It's a potentiality he hasn't used before, so it isn't reflected there yet.
So we cannot use it in this matchup since he never did it.
There's a video above.
That was sent after I asked for it.
Ignore them? Destroy them with Meteoric Slam and Breath of Thamur, which are area-of-effect attacks? Slow down time and just get to Gorr immediately considering his speed?
Is it really IC for Kratos so ignore his opponent? I dont remember that. Yeah AoE works expect Gorr can summon more since theres no restrictions on his end.
Can gorr prepare this bomb on the run?
Yes. He just needs the sword to detonate it and he has it.
And how will Gorr deal with Kratos's AD?
He will become more stronger, faster and skilled in battle.
There's also power absorption with blades, spears and bare hands if he has to amplify his power.
He dies before that because of the bomb
They're almost always equalized so relative time isn't factored in. Absolute timeframes absolutely still matter.
Gorr is a MFTL+ character. Bomb is 1 minute according to him. Its 1 minute according to kratos. Done.
It has Universe+ range, the "time limit" is game mechanics
Can I see the proof of it being unlimited?

no he can't fly.
What stops gorr from flying away to waste even more time

No. Because when you think about it that 1 minute was 1 minute to gorr. A MFTL+ character.
Which changes absolutely **** all. It's still 1 whole minute to deal with a liberal time slower.
He can and he doesn't even need to use the infinite variant. He has used a spear rain in battle before so we can deduce he will use even a finite one here.
That was sent after I asked for it.

Is it really IC for Kratos so ignore his opponent? I dont remember that. Yeah AoE works expect Gorr can summon more since theres no restrictions on his end.
His opponent is Gorr. The fodder are irrelevant to him.
Yes. He just needs the sword to detonate it and he has it.
He couldn't instantly do that within the setting. This is just disingenuous.
His AD works every single second, he can very much just blitz before a minute passes.
Gorr is a MFTL+ character. Bomb is 1 minute according to him. Its 1 minute according to kratos. Done.
And a lot will happen then. Which is the main point.
Can I see the proof of it being unlimited?
The fact that said time limit doesn't actually exist within the setting or plot at all.
What stops gorr from flying away
Nothing. The same is said for Realm Shifting and spear tosses.

Also, even assuming there was a timeframe with Realm Shift, Kratos can cross 4 kilometres instantly. Nothing even matters by then.

Never did it doesn't mean can't do it. Especially since the spear was designed to be used for Danmaku purposes. Kratos used it as he saw fit. Which isn't a different situation here. If it is within his power he will do it, it's in character for Kratos to use optimal battle tactics.
Besides he doesn't need to summon infinite spears, just enough to clear ground between him and Gorr to get rid of distractions.
Pretty sure Kratos can just walk through them, if they are not as strong as him.
Except it works moment to moment in battle.
And the fodder will only serve to fill his magic more via absorption, since he does that all the time, even minuscle amounts of magic give him lot of amp.

Which changes absolutely **** all. It's still 1 whole minute to deal with a liberal time slower.
Time slower which only works for 3 seconds
He can and he doesn't even need to use the infinite variant. He has used a spear rain in battle before so we can deduce he will use even a finite one here.
Finite one means he cannot one shot the minions
His opponent is Gorr. The fodder are irrelevant to him.
The fodders can hurt Thor so they are probably 2-C as well but I am not sure on this
He couldn't instantly do that within the setting. This is just disingenuous.
He can do it. He will do it.
His AD works every single second, he can very much just blitz before a minute passes.
Can I see a scan of Kratos blitzing the enemy in less than a minute?
And a lot will happen then. Which is the main point.
Nah your point is that 1 minute is gonna be like infinity since they are MFTL.
The fact that said time limit doesn't actually exist within the setting or plot at all.
So it is unconsistent? Then we look at which is more consistent. Oh wait the consistent one is 3 seconds
Nothing. The same is said for Realm Shifting and spear tosses.
Spear tosses should be used against minions as gorr can dodge them
Also, even assuming there was a timeframe with Realm Shift, Kratos can cross 4 kilometres instantly. Nothing even matters by then.
4 kilometers that is gonna be longer as Gorr flies away
Never did it doesn't mean can't do it. Especially since the spear was designed to be used for Danmaku purposes. Kratos used it as he saw fit. Which isn't a different situation here. If it is within his power he will do it, it's in character for Kratos to use optimal battle tactics.
Besides he doesn't need to summon infinite spears, just enough to clear ground between him and Gorr to get rid of distractions.
If he never covered an area as big as an army shown in the scans it is not fair to assume somehow Kratos will pull it out of his ass and do it. This is like saying Sans can teleport to dodge attacks
Pretty sure Kratos can just walk through them, if they are not as strong as him.
They can hurt thor it looks like so.
Except it works moment to moment in battle.
Any proof of it giving a blitz amp in less than a minute?
And the fodder will only serve to fill his magic more via absorption, since he does that all the time, even minuscle amounts of magic give him lot of amp.
If he fight the fodder he will waste time and die lol.

....? There's no combat timer in the series and even then, what does this even mean? You're asking for a scan of Kratos fighting at full speed? Unlike Gorr, his actual godly foes don't go down to one axe throw. And with Baldur, he actually did try opening with insta-freeze before the latter's curse negated it.
Nah your point is that 1 minute is gonna be like infinity since they are MFTL.
Yeah, it will be.
So it is unconsistent? Then we look at which is more consistent. Oh wait the consistent one is 3 seconds
The time limit doesn't exist at all? No character or even codex entry mentions it. It's just pure game cohesion. But honestly, doesn't matter.
Spear tosses should be used against minions as gorr can dodge them
He won't since he knows Gorr poses a far more immediate danger.
4 kilometers that is gonna be longer as Gorr flies away
And Kratos slows him to a crawl, swiss cheeses him with spears and detonates them.

....? There's no combat timer in the series and even then, what does this even mean? You're asking for a scan of Kratos fighting at full speed? Unlike Gorr, his actual godly foes don't go down to one axe throw. And with Baldur, he actually did try opening with insta-freeze before the latter's curse negated it.
No. You guys are clamining he will blitz in a minute. And I am asking proof for that.
Yeah, it will be.
Expect that 1 minute is 1 minute against a MFTL character so it is gonna be 1 minute for them. I explained this multiple times
The time limit doesn't exist at all? No character or even codex entry mentions it. It's just pure game cohesion. But honestly, doesn't matter.
I am asking proof of it only being a game mechanic?? Is there any statement that shows Kratos can slow it for eternity? All the answer I get is "Its game mechanics because uh...its game mechanis"
He won't since he knows Gorr poses a far more immediate danger.
Minions are I think also 2-C so they are also danger right?
And Kratos slows him to a crawl, swiss cheeses him with spears and detonates them.
Why is kratos starting with the best options now? He isnt thanos? He will start with his regular attacks like axe throw and stuff before he suddenly gets attack by an army of monsters while his opponents disappeared into the shadows and started to escape.

Why is kratos starting with the best options now? He isnt thanos? He will start with his regular attacks like axe throw and stuff before he suddenly gets attack by an army of monsters while his opponents disappeared into the shadows and started to escape.
you can start With realm shift in gameplay before axs throw tho....

He only has 3 relevant fights after gaining realm shift
Can't remember About Valkyries but neither Thor round 2 or odin showed what he started with
So it is unknown but most likely his axe? Thats settled as well.

No. You guys are clamining he will blitz in a minute. And I am asking proof for that.
He is fast. He doesn't hold back if need be. That's really it. He's constantly getting faster and stronger every second and could keep up with Zeus instantly getting to levels of near one-shotting equal foes in the course of single battles.
Expect that 1 minute is 1 minute against a MFTL character so it is gonna be 1 minute for them. I explained this multiple times

I am asking proof of it only being a game mechanic?? Is there any statement that shows Kratos can slow it for eternity? All the answer I get is "Its game mechanics because uh...its game mechanis"
The fact that unlike most of the other limitations in the setting (blood orbs, gorgon petrification, Hammerspace etc), it doesn't actually get any mention in the setting at all nor any canon explanation to its existence. It's just a pure game mechanic.

But again, it doesn't even matter if it were 3 seconds only.
Minions are I think also 2-C so they are also danger right?
Chip damage that he can just ignore with his regeneration isn't the same as a bomb that'll kill him instantly.
Because Kratos actually fights to win and has on multiple occasions shown to use his esoteric powers from the get-go to fight powerful opponents? Not to mention that even his regular attacks are lethal. The Axe will freeze Gorr, the Blades will immolate him and the Spears will drain him and explode internally.

He is fast. He doesn't hold back if need be. That's really it. He's constantly getting faster and stronger every second and could keep up with Zeus instantly getting to levels of near one-shotting equal foes in the course of single battles.
So theres no proof of what you guys bring to the table?
The fact that unlike most of the other limitations in the setting (blood orbs, gorgon petrification, Hammerspace etc), it doesn't actually get any mention in the setting at all nor any canon explanation to its existence. It's just a pure game mechanic.
So you are just ASSUMING its game mechanics?
But again, it doesn't even matter if it were 3 seconds only.
It matters a LOT.
Chip damage that he can just ignore with his regeneration isn't the same as a bomb that'll kill him instantly.
they scale to 9 universes as well right? How is that chip damage?
Because Kratos actually fights to win and has on multiple occasions shown to use his esoteric powers from the get-go to fight powerful opponents? Not to mention that even his regular attacks are lethal. The Axe will freeze Gorr, the Blades will immolate him and the Spears will drain him and explode internally.
Gorr also does the same? Just because kratos likes to win doesnt mean he somehow ******* knows the best way to win without wasting time? You guys are really making no sense. Kratos is gonna start like how he starts in his other fight. So no instant time slow.

......This is getting silly. But honestly, I'm tired of going in circles.
It matters a LOT.
It...really doesn't. He can close the starting distance immediately after using it and go ham regardless of whether it was 1 second or 1 eon. And the axe alone would do him in.
they scale to 9 universes as well right? How is that chip damage?
They backscale. Even if they do damage, it's not the same as the beings that fully scale.
Gorr also does the same? Just because kratos likes to win doesnt mean he somehow ******* knows the best way to win without wasting time? You guys are really making no sense. Kratos is gonna start like how he starts in his other fight. So no instant time slow.
Kratos actually does, considering he not only has experience in beating out everything from time users who were faster than him to clones that had all of his powers to a being who mastered all conflict across space and time. And from even his time as a Demigod, he's shown no qualms just opening or immediately using time powers in a battle. And his other fights didn't even have the same caveat that this one does so I'm not even sure why this matters.

Plus, time slow + attack against a time limit is a stupidly basic tactic. It's not even something you need above Average intelligence to use.

......This is getting silly. But honestly, I'm tired of going in circles.
Me too.
It...really doesn't. He can close the starting distance immediately after using it and go ham regardless of whether it was 1 second or 1 eon. And the axe alone would do him in.
whats his travel speed?
They backscale. Even if they do damage, it's not the same as the beings that fully scale.
They still do damage. Yes kratos wont die to them but he cannot just ignore them.
Kratos actually does, considering he not only has experience in beating out everything from time users who were faster than him to clones that had all of his powers to a being who mastered all conflict across space and time. And from even his time as a Demigod, he's shown no qualms just opening or immediately using time powers in a battle. And his other fights didn't even have the same caveat that this one does so I'm not even sure why this matters.
Norse kratos is soo different than the greek one. I still dont see how him being pretty experienced means he somehow knows the best way to win the fight when he has no ******* idea who gorr is or how he works.
Plus, time slow + attack against a time limit is a stupidly basic tactic. It's not even something you need above Average intelligence to use.
I loved the part where kratos somehow with no context knows he has 1 minute.

Anyways thats all I gotta say I think I addressed everything about how Kratos wouldnt know the best way to win the fight as he has no knowledge and can resort in any of his hax plus (talking in general) just because something makes your character weak doesnt mean its game mechanics unless you have proof of it. You guys can somehow FRA train this into a kratos victory but I really dont care, keeping my vote on gorr. Bye

Yes. He needs to throw it infinite times to make infinite danmaku.
No, Artillery of the Ancients exists. He can summon an infinite number of them, Danmaku and all.

How the hell can he sense Gorrs bomb?? Kratos is smart that is true but he has no idea how gorr works, how his sword works, how his bomb works, how his powers work. He is not a omniscience god.
Enhances Senses and ESP go brrrr, it helped him against the Spear of Destiny which he knew nothing about, it'll help him here too.

He will know theres danger. Like every other fight. This is a fight. Danger is always there anyways?
Kratos senses very particular forms of danger each weapon poses to him, allowing him to prepare and react accordingly.

Me too.

whats his travel speed?
....Infinite. What else would it be?
They still do damage. Yes kratos wont die to them but he cannot just ignore them.
If he won't die to them then he'll keep at Gorr, who can kill him. He's willing to weather damage in exchange for dealing with the immediate concern, as his time in Athens and Pandora's Temple has shown.
Norse kratos is soo different than the greek one. I still dont see how him being pretty experienced means he somehow knows the best way to win the fight when he has no ******* idea who gorr is or how he works.
He's the same demigod he's always been (even the developers have to state this smh), he just has more wisdom and lacks his divine magics. He didn't somehow magically lose the combat aptitude he had back then, at all.
I loved the part where kratos somehow with no context knows he has 1 minute.
He can sense the danger growing. Even without the exact timeframe, he'll know that he has to deal with Gorr immediately.

Anyways thats all I gotta say I think I addressed everything about how Kratos wouldnt know the best way to win the fight as he has no knowledge and can resort in any of his hax plus (talking in general) just because something makes your character weak doesnt mean its game mechanics unless you have proof of it. You guys can somehow FRA train this into a kratos victory but I really dont care, keeping my vote on gorr. Bye
I am out like I said. Someone else can defend gorr if they want but I actually dont really care about any match kratos is involved in.

He can do it. He will do it.
can negate durability against gods with the Godbomb (Releases a blast that instantly causes all gods in existence to start slowly dying in agony, negating any and all forms of immortality they have) |
From Gorrs profile.
When Gorrs ever used it before? It says can use it, not has used it. Scans of him using God Blast?

He went from getting snail paced by this dude, to surpassing him in speed.
https/giant.gfycat.com/MeekEnchantingFawn.mp4

Kratos blitzes and showers with Danmaku.

@ShionAH Dude. Go read this damn profile and see what kratos can do. Gorr cannot resist any kratos hax, and until the bomb explodes, he finishes his job. By stopping time, he easily wins the battle. Not to mention the flame and instincts in the blade of chaos.

So easy matchup for Kratos.

I looked it up. Kratos literally just throws spears (that are infinite I guess) then makes them blow up.
They replicate infinitely, not that Kratos has to throw an infinite number of them individually.

He can sense the bomb but has no idea how it works. Kratos will still have to fight the black things and even if he danmakus them nothing is stopping from Gorr from escaping or spawning more or BFRing.
Doesn't matter, ESP handles that.

I am reading it. Chill out.

The panel is weird. Does he hit them with the thing or does he just send them away? No idea
What panel?

I cannot find it on the profile

What can kratos do against the following?

Darkness Manipulation (Able to completely merge with shadows, as well as create and manipulate pure darkness to conceal himself) Would help him escape
He resists all of Hades' abilities which includes Darkness Manip.

Shapeshifting (All-Black is able to shapeshift to create clothes, armor, wings, weapons, chains, and tendrils) Distractions
Draupnir Hail or Siphon

@ShionAH My friend. Go read this damn profile and see what you can do
I read it.
. Gorr cannot resist any kratos hax, and until the bomb explodes, he finishes his job.
Already accepted this tf you mean
By stopping time, he easily wins the battle.
Huh...time stop? how? what?
Not to mention the flame and instincts in the blade of chaos.
Yeah I am not joining any Kratos match ever again.

@ShionAH Dude. Go read this damn profile and see what kratos can do. Gorr cannot resist any kratos hax, and until the bomb explodes, he finishes his job. By stopping time, he easily wins the battle. Not to mention the flame and instincts in the blade of chaos.
Is this a vote for Kratos?

Castor and Pollux.

It is Game Mechanics unless characters reference it's usable timeframe with dialogue.

It matters a LOT.
Not really.

They scale to 9 universes as well right? How is that chip damage?
Scaling chain shenanigans.

That's... Literally how Kratos fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back