• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of God Killers: Gorr vs Kratos (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
After the events of Ragnarok and fall of Asgard, Kratos takes up the mantle of a protector and guardian of the remaining Realms. In his travels to right the past wrongs of divinities and mortals alike, he is made aware of the corpses of a pair of minor Vanir Gods by Freya and goes to investigate the killer, worrying this may be the start of something worse. His search for the murderer takes him to the Spark of the World itself, he sees a black cloaked figure overlooking the churning void. The figure stands and turns to Kratos, a small smile on his face.

"I would think you of all people would appreciate my work. We both know the pain gods have brought to this land, to all lands. Would you not join me in my crusade against the divine? You certainly have a knack for it", the figure petitions.

"No." The ashen demigod replied succinctly.

"And here I thought I'd meet a kindred spirit", the figure sighs, his cloak billowing as he readies himself for the fight of his life.

Norse Kratos and Full Power Gorr are used. Gorr has prior knowledge. Speed is equalized. Otherwise, SBA.

Cloud Stalker: 3 (Barbar01, ZawierJ, Robin)

Cruel Striker: 10 (Artorimachi_Meteoraft, Larrsx, RamizDayii, KLOL560, AmeliaSCooper, chosen, Doggo, GilverTheProtoAngelo, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, Robo)

Inconclusive: 2 (Georredannea15, ShionAH)

Kratos-_GOW_Ragnarok.webp
Gorr_the_God_Butcher_render.webp

Last edited:
Gorr scales to 9 universes, same as Kratos. He has temporal BFR and plain physical attacks to aid him, since Kratos' regeneration isn't completely insurmountable.

Kratos has his vast combat experience, time slow to bolster his speed in combat as well as his powerful weapons, to name a few.

Gorr scales to 9 universes, same as Kratos. He has temporal BFR and plain physical attacks to aid him, since Kratos' regeneration isn't completely insurmountable.

Kratos has his vast combat experience, time slow to bolster his speed in combat as well as his powerful weapons, to name a few.
How High into 9 universes? And what type of temporal bfr since Thor had too
Also can gorr resists the Blades of chaos heat or leviathan axe cold?

How High into 9 universes? And what type of temporal bfr since Thor had too
Also can gorr resists the Blades of chaos heat or leviathan axe cold?
He's above Old King Thor, Avengers Thor and Young Thor but all that tells me is that he's > 9 universes. Meanwhile, Ragnarok Kratos > Thor whose also 9 universes funnily enough.

I dunno what you mean by type of BFR, he apparently uses shards to send targets back in time.

Gorr can withstand the temperatures of stars but Blades of Chaos are on par with the source of all heat in the Nine Realms so he'll have a hard time there.

Leviathan Axe's cold will be a major issue for him, of that there's no doubt.

I dunno what you mean by type of BFR, he apparently uses shards to send targets back in time.
Meant how he uses it sorry for bad wording but aight
Gorr can withstand the temperatures of stars but Blades of Chaos are on par with the source of all heat in the Nine Realms so he'll have a hard time there.

Leviathan Axe's cold will be a major issue for him, of that there's no doubt
I see, seems like kratos main weapons are major issues while gorr shards can neg kratos too,
Might go inconclusive depends or kratos depending on skill gap (btw i recall seeing Planck temperature which is far above any star but idk if we use it for surturr)

In terms of skill, Kratos has the experiences of every major conflict across all of time and space, could fight stronger clones of himself and come out on top, managed to defeat Ares in single combat while lacking all of his magics, has killed gods and monsters of centuries of combat experience and is a master of essentially all weapons. I'm admittedly not that well versed on Gorr.

In terms of skill, Kratos has the experiences of every major conflict across all of time and space, could fight stronger clones of himself and come out on top, managed to defeat Ares in single combat while lacking all of his magics, has killed gods and monsters of centuries of combat experience and is a master of essentially all weapons. I'm admittedly not that well versed on Gorr.
Imma Just wait for suporters explaining gorr skill then

I am very confused. If he has this at all times then why isn't he 2-A generally? Does the 2-A part need to be activated or?

From what i see now kratos dies
What if the necrosword restricted unless is the type of equipament that isn't allowed to be restricted

From what i see now kratos dies
What if the necrosword restricted unless is the type of equipament that isn't allowed to be restricted
If necrosword is restricted its not really fair as thats basically throwing gorrs main weapon lol
I dont even think we can restrict it

I am rather confused about the scaling though. Unless Thor is just plain 2-A nowadays, it doesn't make sense that Gorr simultaneously scales to them and the Necrosword.

Oh well i was planning to read the 15 issues With gorr in it so i might bother to revise him If no one else does

I'll ask about the discrepancy before I do anything else.

I've been told that the Necrosword is variable but 2-A at peak, so this might still be a fair match (since Gorr would be 2-C with it). Waiting for confirmation though.

OK yeah, based on what I've been told and gathered from the profiles, Gorr is 2-C with the Necrosword but it can go up to 2-A depending on the wielder. So the match can continue as normal.

Yes, Yggdrasil from Marvel can span 10 Universes but as far as I remember all the 2-C level of 10 Universes didn't apply to Gorr and various characters, but the regular 9 universes scale due Odin Cut one of them from the tree

Voting Gorr. Kratos has the skill and hax but if gorr realises he is losing he can just detonate the god bomb and insta kill kratos.

Freezing can work but I dont think kratos will know what the bomb will do and die that does make it closer though but gorr wins.
Leviathan axe is Something Kratos starts in character with and it's a one shot if it lands, if gorr actually can't resist leviathan axe basic ability i am pretty sure the possibility he Wouldn't realize he us losing in time it's quite high
Also can Gorr Resist Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Memory Manipulation, Vector Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3)? Cuz that's what kratos can do with every attack going by profile

Leviathan axe is Something Kratos starts in character with and it's a one shot if it lands
Why?
, if gorr actually can't resist leviathan axe basic ability i am pretty sure the possibility he Wouldn't realize he us losing in time it's quite high
Also can Gorr Resist Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Memory Manipulation, Vector Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3)? Cuz that's what kratos can do with every attack going by profile
Thats his greek key though right? If its in all his keys this would be more fair giving gorr prior knowledge

Voting Gorr. Kratos has the skill and hax but if gorr realises he is losing he can just detonate the god bomb and insta kill kratos.
The divine bomb takes 1 minute to activate and needs the heart of a God to do so in addition to reaching the core of it, which does not happen because they are not inside the God Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back