• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Saviours: Infinity Ultron vs Kratos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Ultron continued to wander across Creation, devastating world after world in his quest to save all reality in his own twisted way. Eventually, he comes across a vast, cosmic tree upon which Nine Realms, teeming with life, rested. Entering Midgard, he is about to commence his destruction. Still, he senses several auras of power that rivaled his own, with the brightest and most radiant one rapidly closing in on him.

Kratos made his way through the Lake of Nine and approached the gleaming silver sentinel with apprehension, feeling that this being didn't have good intentions for the Realms. He asks for the latter's purpose in being here and Ultron replies, "Rejoice, for I am here to bring peace". "That is no longer necessary. You should move on", Kratos replied succinctly, tensing up. Ultron merely chortles and says, "This realm, and the others, crawls with life, animals,.... and humanity. I am here to correct that". The God of War merely summons his spear, and prepares for battle uttering a single reply, "No".

Infinity Ultron and Norse Era Kratos are used. Speed is equalized. Otherwise SBA.

Kratos:

Infinity Ultron:

Inconclusive:

Kratos-_GOW_Ragnarok.webp
Infinity_Ultron_Render.webp

Anyway, so far, Ultron's BFR seems to be the real problem here, but otherwise Kratos resists most of his stuff pretty well for the most part. Not to mention his way higher LS, plus Kratos only needs one hit with Draupnir to absorb Ultron's powers of the Infinity Stone and use it against them, while increasing his resistance to them and decreasing the latter's resistance to them, then it's just a matter of Kratos just winding down Ultron until he's nothing more than a scrap-heap.

Depends on whether Ultron BFRs as a first move tho. If not, Kratos Draupnirs GG WP mid-to-high diff.

Ultron's fight and mobility can be a problem admittedly.

Anyway, so far, Ultron's BFR seems to be the real problem here, but otherwise Kratos resists most of his stuff pretty well for the most part. Not to mention his way higher LS, plus Kratos only needs one hit with Draupnir to absorb Ultron's powers of the Infinity Stone and use it against them, while increasing his resistance to them and decreasing the latter's resistance to them, then it's just a matter of Kratos just winding down Ultron until he's nothing more than a scrap-heap.

Depends on whether Ultron BFRs as a first move tho. If not, Kratos Draupnirs GG WP mid-to-high diff.
I.U. isn't dumb but would just go for an energy attack to start with, and could potentially BFR if he feels he's in trouble.

Kratos would most definitely sense right of the bat Ultron's powers and what makes him so lethal, which might push Kratos into countering accordingly with whatever suits the situation best from a tactical perspective.

Kratos would most definitely sense right of the bat Ultron's powers and what makes him so lethal
I mean, Kratos resists all of Ultron's powers from what was said, and in combat Kratos is far more experienced and skilled, I don't see where the lethality is

I mean, Kratos resists all of Ultron's powers from what was said, and in combat Kratos is far more experienced and skilled, I don't see where the lethality is
Kratos has Information Analysis that tells him his opponents abilities.

Kratos has Information Analysis that tells him his opponents abilities.
I think you misunderstood what I said, I meant that since Kratos resists all of Ultron's powers and is massively more skilled than him, Ultron won't represent a lethal threat to Kratos

I think you misunderstood what I said, I meant that since Kratos resists all of Ultron's powers and is massively more skilled than him, Ultron won't represent a lethal threat to Kratos
Kratos can still like, be killed and all. Ultron has his flight and while he can't affect Kratos directly, he can affect the environment to a great degree in their battle.

Kratos can still like, be killed and all. Ultron has his flight and while he can't affect Kratos directly, he can affect the environment to a great degree in their battle.
Ultron is nowhere as skilled as Kratos, he won't be able to land any hit, and he never used his hax to affect the environment to his advantage

Ultron is nowhere as skilled as Kratos, he won't be able to land any hit, and he never used his hax to affect the environment to his advantage
....He hasn't? Not even a little, like use large AoE blasts? Huh.

....He hasn't? Not even a little, like use large AoE blasts? Huh.
Ah, I understood something else my bad, Ultron can use AoE blasts to destroy planets (started with that against Zombie Scarlet Witch), solar systems (started with that against Captain Marvel) and galaxies (used it when he was pissed off with the guardians)

Huh. So, Kratos is in a race against time then. Beat Ultron before he resorts to that.

Also, I know Kratos resists and all, but what hax does Ultron use in-character? I wanna see if other GoW chars stand a chance.

but what hax does Ultron use in-character? I wanna see if other GoW chars stand a chance.
He starts with energy beams or AoE attacks that can atomize his target, and he uses some hax after a few minutes of battle (Reality Warping punches) or when he is pissed off (Time slow), that's all he uses

Well, Infinity Ultron loves to use huge AoE. Out of the four major fights he had, he used them at least once in each fight, twice early on, basically as his starting move (multiplanetary explosion against Captain Marvel and planetary explosion against Zombie Scarlet) and twice to end the fight after a bit of fighting (galactic explosion against the Guardians of the Multiverse and grew the size or multiple galaxies against the Watcher). If he does use a AoE, then he could win considering that this Kratos lacks the several Immortalities of his Greek Era self. But it's also true that if he doesn't use that early on or as his starting move he is kinda screwed, since he either uses that or simple blasts that Deconstruct the target, but since Kratos resists that it would be useless and will allow Kratos to use his far better skills and abilities to wreck him. If he doesn't use that early in the fight he will use that later on, but it all depends on if Kratos will let him use it or not.
Imho, this might be a Incon (possibly?) since it all depends on whatever Infinity Ultron uses AoE early on or not, because if he does than he wins, if he doesn't than Kratos destroys him with better skills, abilities and equipment. Either that or a stomp if the AoE is not enough to kill Kratos, since that would be Infinity Ultron's only possible wincon considering all of his other notable haxes are resisted. Thought this is my opinion and I will wait to see what others thinks before actually casting a vote since this might be much more in favor of Kratos than I think it is (still haven't played Ragnarok yet and my memory of the previous GoW are a bit fuzzy, so there might be stuff I am missing).

I think Ultron has a good amount of win conditions but I'll vote Kratos for now since I think he can beat Ultron before he results to BFR

Infinity Ultron doesn't even have BFR, The Watcher is who starts with that
But he's listed as a BFR user in the categories, and he has the powers of the Infinity Gauntlet, which allows BFR.

But he's listed as a BFR user in the categories, and he has the powers of the Infinity Gauntlet, which allows BFR.
Then the category is wrong because Ultron doesn't have BFR in his P&A and has never used that. The BFR of the Infinity Gauntlet comes from the Tesseract banishing Red Skull to Vormir, so Self-BFR

Then it's seems like Ultron doesn't really have an answer to Kratos
If the fight goes on too long, he nukes the planet and leaves Kratos in space.

Kratos has the skill, equipment and resistance advantage. But he's on a clock.

Doesn't Black Hole generation kind of count as BFR? How exactly does Ultron's Black Hole Creation work?

Ultron has started fights with an AoE attack to nuke an entire planet or solar system, and has also started with energy beams like against The Watcher, so I guess it depends on what Ultron decides to start with

Then the category is wrong because Ultron doesn't have BFR in his P&A and has never used that. The BFR of the Infinity Gauntlet comes from the Tesseract banishing Red Skull to Vormir, so Self-BFR
I mean, Ultron could knock Kratos into another universe (His fight against the watcher,IF Ultron punching the watcher through different realities), now I wonder if he does that, would Kratos lose several of his powers since he's out of range effect of where the magic is applied? I say this because although much of the norse GoW magic comes from yggdrasil, which, although by SBA it should continue to apply in the initial universe of the fight, would it work in a random universe of a Low 1-C multiverse or in the space beyond it (Wacther´s home that is beyond but still 5D)?

I mean, Ultron could knock Kratos into another universe (His fight against the watcher,IF Ultron punching the watcher through different realities), now I wonder if he does that, would Kratos lose several of his powers since he's out of range effect of where the magic is applied? I say this because although much of the norse GoW magic comes from yggdrasil, which, although by SBA it should continue to apply in the initial universe of the fight, would it work in a random universe of a Low 1-C multiverse or in the space beyond it (Wacther´s home that is beyond but still 5D)?
That's not how that works? Like, at all?

99% of his current arsenal he has despite his old land being destroyed.

Ultron has started fights with an AoE attack to nuke an entire planet or solar system, and has also started with energy beams like against The Watcher, so I guess it depends on what Ultron decides to start with
Hmmm, so either he does and it's wraps (assuming Realm Shifts don't work on him) or he doesn't and he gets overwhelmed.

Wait, what tier are his hax resistances?

And one more thing: After the entire world is destroyed, wouldn't Kratos still be able to fight?
Kratos has the skill, equipment and resistance advantage. But he's on a clock.
Wouldn't this limited time be enough to handle him? Because he has too much hax and most of them are the kind Ultron can't resist. The fact that he can absorb the power of the stones and use them for himself is another matter.

And one more thing: After the entire world is destroyed, wouldn't Kratos still be able to fight?
God of War Kratos wouldn't be bothered. Norse Kratos lost his ability to fight in space.
Wouldn't this limited time be enough to handle him? Because he has too much hax and most of them are the kind Ultron can't resist. The fact that he can absorb the power of the stones and use them for himself is another matter.
I mean, I suppose but that's not a stomp considering Ultron has an I win button handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back