• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for Strongest 8-B (The Emperor of Mankind vs Caliborn)

AbaddonTheDisappointment

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Since The Emperor has possibly resistance to plot manipulation, why not.

The Emperor of Mankind: Eseseso, DaReaperMan, Naitodesu, Somaking13

Caliborn:

Incon: Robo432343, deonment, ShionAH, FoxySonicMaster108, noninho

SBA and Speed Equalized

Last edited:
Good lord, Caliborn's profile is bad.

No scans and even many P&A without justifications.

Still gonna follow this.

Yeah uh, I'm guessing Emps plot hax resistance scales to 3 layers into 1-A yeah?
Anyways uh, even if Emps manages to kill Caliborn the type 8 is gonna kick in, nuke reality down to its concepts and retcon the entire deal before putting them right back at the starting point, making this a fat incon in my mind

Yeah uh, I'm guessing Emps plot hax resistance scales to 3 layers into 1-A yeah?
Yeah, scales directly to Tzeentch
Anyways uh, even if Emps manages to kill Caliborn the type 8 is gonna kick in, nuke reality down to its concepts and retcon the entire deal before putting them right back at the starting point, making this a fat incon in my mind
Uh, Emprah resists CM1 soooooo

I'm not saying its gonna do shit to Emps, I'm saying its gonna reset reality once he dies and just start everything back at SBA
You do realize that if Emprah just stomps Caliborn into Dust repeatedly he'd be incapped by the rules, yes?

How does Caliborn's type 8 work?
Reality itself will work to ensure his existence follows the narrative it has set out for him, with every single point of his existence needing to follow said narrative so that he comes into existence and dies in the exact way and time he is meant to, otherwise it will just shunt that all into a non-canon timeline that is gonna be deleted, made non-canon and continue in a "timeline" where that didn't happen, this is without going into his own personal fuckery that comes with him being lord english, but that likely isn't relevant anyways.

This applies to death, halting the events that would allow him to come into existence from occuring, instances of people just not doing stuff, or even them doing something but not the "right" thing, basically as long as it causes reality to diverge from what should
Prove that Caliborn's type 8 prevents incapacitation from someone who resists his plot manip.
The type 8 isn't solely based on his plot manip, that is a separate thing altogether

Reality itself will work to ensure his existence follows the narrative it has set out for him, with every single point of his existence needing to follow said narrative so that he comes into existence and dies in the exact way and time he is meant to, otherwise it will just shunt that all into a non-canon timeline that is gonna be deleted, made non-canon and continue in a "timeline" where that didn't happen, this is without going into his own personal fuckery that comes with him being lord english, but that likely isn't relevant anyways.

This applies to death, halting the events that would allow him to come into existence from occuring, instances of people just not doing stuff, or even them doing something but not the "right" thing, basically as long as it causes reality to diverge from what should

The type 8 isn't solely based on his plot manip, that is a separate thing altogether
Just wondering cause I wanted to know how the type 8 works since its said Emps' power can circumvent fated events.

Qaramar was lucky. He is present at the end, he always has been, and therefore always will be. Fate grants him protection neither you nor I can claim. We must be cautious -Plague War
Basically here a Daemon is said to exist at the end of time so he has added protection and can afford to be sloppy with his actions yet:

I see what there is. Itis well within the power of Roboute Guilliman to end the likes of Qaramar forever. The sword he bears… - Plague War
Emps' sword, the one powered by him, is said to be able to kill him forever if it was given the chance so Emps should be able to perform something similar.

Just wondering cause I wanted to know how the type 8 works since its said Emps' power can circumvent fated events.

Basically here a Daemon is said to exist at the end of time so he has added protection and can afford to be sloppy with his actions yet:

Emps' sword, the one powered by him, is said to be able to kill him forever if it was given the chance so Emps should be able to perform something similar.
IC, maybe, idk
It is less like that and moreso like how in a story events have to go a certain way, anything else (including events diverging from what should be) is non-canon or fanfiction, which has no impact upon what actually goes on in the story, so would it work or not?
Idfk, Emprah can't really permanently kill or incap Caliborn cause of this (+ the fact that thinking about it Emprah doesn't seem able be able to interact or negate Caliborn's defensive plot manip either) so ¯\(ツ)

IC, maybe, idk
It is less like that and moreso like how in a story events have to go a certain way, anything else (including events diverging from what should be) is non-canon or fanfiction, which has no impact upon what actually goes on in the story, so would it work or not?
Idfk, Emprah can't really permanently kill or incap Caliborn cause of this (+ the fact that thinking about it Emprah doesn't seem able be able to interact or negate Caliborn's defensive plot manip either) so ¯\(ツ)
I mean TBF, it doesn't have to be a permanent incap, he just needs an hour to 24 hours depending on how he does it lol

(Also Emprah can do shit to plot manip users, see what happened to Nurgle who can **** with Tzeentch)

I mean TBF, it doesn't have to be a permanent incap, he just needs an hour to 24 hours depending on how he does it lol
That would trigger the type 8, because even ignoring other arguments, from a wholly in-character viewpoint, Caliborn is an arrogant and childish prick.
Emprah managing to be made helpless for 24 hours is going to make him vengeful beyond belief, which would make him want to come back some time in the future (whether as a god tier, masterpiece or Lord English himself) and try and get it back in blood, which would be going against the "correct" events in the time and as such trigger his type 8

That would trigger the type 8, because even ignoring other arguments, from a wholly in-character viewpoint, Caliborn is an arrogant and childish prick.
Emprah managing to be made helpless for 24 hours is going to make him vengeful beyond belief, which would make him want to come back some time in the future (whether as a god tier, masterpiece or Lord English himself) and try and get it back in blood, which would be going against the "correct" events in the time and as such trigger his type 8
I would like to see this happening in Homestuck please

I would like to see this happening in Homestuck please
The entirety of his interactions with Hussie and John, the former of which causing him to go to the "past" as Lord English and murder Hussie, it is also just like, one of the key aspects of his characterization because he never properly predominated, meaning his mental and emotional growth was entirely stunted (this latter bit was explicitly stated in the comic btw)

The entirety of his interactions with Hussie and John, the former of which causing him to go to the "past" as Lord English and murder Hussie, it is also just like, one of the key aspects of his characterization because he never properly predominated, meaning his mental and emotional growth was entirely stunted (this latter bit was explicitly stated in the comic btw)
And did reality reset because he went into the "past" as Lord english?

And did reality reset because he went into the "past" as Lord english?
No, because it was literally apart of how things went, as him killing hussie resulted in the chain of events that would make Lord English come into existence in the first place, creating a closed time loop, which all time travel in homestuck has to be to not create a doomed timeline.

No, because it was literally apart of how things went, as him killing hussie resulted in the chain of events that would make Lord English come into existence in the first place, creating a closed time loop, which all time travel in homestuck has to be to not create a doomed timeline.
Aka, Caliborn loses anyway and you're just unwilling to admit it.

Aka, Caliborn loses anyway and you're just unwilling to admit it.
Just wrong, cause in the scenario you propose (Caliborn getting incapped for 24 hours), he will attempt to travel back to the past as one of his later keys, but as it is not accounted for in the timeline and does not further his coming into being or his ordained death, the simple act of attempting to do so will shunt the entire thing into a doomed timeline, stopping the incap from happening in the first place as were it to occur in any degree it would result in a set of events that would produce a doomed timeline, and thereby, would not affect what is canon and true.

Just wrong, cause in the scenario you propose (Caliborn getting incapped for 24 hours), he will attempt to travel back to the past as one of his later keys, but as it is not accounted for in the timeline and does not further his coming into being or his ordained death, the simple act of attempting to do so will shunt the entire thing into a doomed timeline, stopping the incap from happening in the first place as were it to occur in any degree it would result in a set of events that would produce a doomed timeline, and thereby, would not affect what is canon and true.
But The Emperor resists Plot Manipulation. He won't be effected here, especially since if Emprah hits Caliborn with his sword, there's no coming back from it. There's no fun end game, it's literally negging everything about Caliborn even attempting to come back or the plot bringing him back.

But The Emperor resists Plot Manipulation. He won't be effected here, especially since if Emprah hits Caliborn with his sword, there's no coming back from it. There's no fun end game, it's literally negging everything about Caliborn even attempting to come back or the plot bringing him back.
Yeah him resisting it doesn't stop Caliborn's own plot manip from working to protect him, also he isn't hitting actual Caliborn anyways, it isn't that the plot is bringing him back or anything, it is him literally only affecting an entirely different Caliborn, which has no affect upon the Caliborn who still exists and is alive and unharmed in the Alpha Timeline

Yeah him resisting it doesn't stop Caliborn's own plot manip from working to protect him, also he isn't hitting actual Caliborn anyways, it isn't that the plot is bringing him back or anything, it is him literally only affecting an entirely different Caliborn, which has no affect upon the Caliborn who still exists and is alive and unharmed in the Alpha Timeline
Ask this guy right here how well that works out for me yeah?

Hurry up and put it on the profile then, because his current profile is garbage.

But yeah, still voting for the Emp.
Can't, protected page
That isn't really plot manipulation (doomed timelines), don't know if it would kill him or whatever, but doomed timelines would act independent if you resist any of his passives (causality, probability, fate and plot). His power makes so all outcomes 'n causality are at his favour, but those that don't matter to him becoming Lord English become doomed timelines. It doesn't matter if you are unaffected or not, if it doesn't favour him becoming LE, it would still be a doomed timeline.

For example, there was a glitch of causality that basically made so an outcome that her sister was triumphant existed (because it was preordained that he will be defeated as so this was required and the cosmology is pseudo-sentient), it still was a doomed timeline that basically ceased to exist, all outcomes are at his side, but that one was an exemption, yet it still triggered a doomed timeline.

So even if he were to resist the power, that timeline ceases to exist as a whole.

Although I want to know, does Empy actually resist? Do mind I don't have knowledge of him so I will just list my knowledge.

LE passives affect smurf acausals like dream bubble ghosts or Horrorterrors. Dream bubble ghosts still continue existing even if their death has been retconed from existence by Retcon users.

Retcon changes can actually change the Inevitability of Lord English, as it's a gap on the story (same level as LE hax basically, it's the opposite to his control), however, we know that Horrorterrors (the one who grant all the stuff for Ghost Dream Bubbles) can't break the loop

At worse, even if you DO resist even then, everything will go to shit because even Retcon users who are unaffected by LE passives still have to abide to make sure he exists and dies by fulfilling all the canonical points, since he is a keypoint to all that exists and if all plot points that lead to his demise don't fulfilll reality just retroactively undoes itself by decanonizing, so nothing never even existed since never, never being truth/canon. Since both his ascencion and demise are preordained.

TL;DR
  • Doomed timelines are an independent mechanism from reality that triggers, it doesn't matter if you resist.
    • If you can change plot and passives on the same level you should be chill
  • Passives can affect acausals on the same level of acausality as LE (ghost acausality)
  • You can resist even that? You sure?
  • Even then, reality simply decides to **** itself, even if you do manage to be exempt from his hax
  • You manage to survive even that? Then you've won
That's how it goes.
LE win even if he loses (not literally, more as in, "if I can't win, then neither can you" sense), you manage to resist everything that makes him "**** you I win"? then the gameboard simply gets wiped since always, never ever being a gameboard in the first place. You can survive even that? GG, you've won.

I mean yeah, Emprah can easily survive(and resist) all that, if the Chaos Gods, who have all but like 3 powers on the entire wiki combined in a stupid amount of vareity, can't **** with him, then yeah, he can pretty much resist just about everything you throw at him if it's not more gigasmurf then he is.

Also, reality takes a shit, Emprah swims in Warp stuff, where Reality and Physics are sick jokes, so he'd survive and probably just send himself to the Warp lol

Wouldn't the Warp be included? Reality is a blank statement, so IDK if reality in WH40K is the same as Homestuck, why wouldn't cosmology wiping affect (genuine question)

Wouldn't the Warp be included? Reality is a blank statement, so IDK if reality in WH40K is the same as Homestuck, why wouldn't cosmology wiping affect (genuine question)
Unless anything currently in Homestuck in NEP 2 in a bunch of ways, AE1 in a bunch of ways, and Acasual 5, no.

The Warp is also like, outright bigger then Homestuck cosmology lol

Incon, Type 8 prevents Caliborn from being taken out entirely. Also, Caliborn Plot Hax affects himself, which is why I also see it as an incon.

(Also Homestuck's profiles are being revised soon, just don't know when it's being finished so that may be a while, trust.)

Last edited:
Back