• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for Strongest 8-B (The Emperor of Mankind vs Caliborn)

Wait, someone said that Caliborn can travel in time with in a stronger form to fight the emp, what happens if that..Happens?

Wait, someone said that Caliborn can travel in time with in a stronger form to fight the emp, what happens if that..Happens?
Read my messages again
It is less like that and moreso like how in a story events have to go a certain way, anything else (including events diverging from what should be) is non-canon or fanfiction, which has no impact upon what actually goes on in the story
That would trigger the type 8, because even ignoring other arguments, from a wholly in-character viewpoint, Caliborn is an arrogant and childish prick.
Emprah managing to be made helpless for 24 hours is going to make him vengeful beyond belief, which would make him want to come back some time in the future (whether as a god tier, masterpiece or Lord English himself) and try and get it back in blood, which would be going against the "correct" events in the time and as such trigger his type 8
Poor green midget...Anyways, if that happens, wouldn't that remove Caliborn passive "fanfiction" ability?
No because it isn't based on Caliborn/LE, and the stuff he has based on his nature as a lord of time/being LE is stuff Emprah resists anyway

I'm not really seeing all of the hype for Caliborn in this fight, and the doomed timelines and LE stuff seems to rely on some stuff that still wouldn't matter to the Emperors various resistances and the nature of his Warp self. Caliborn literally can't do anything to that form of the Emps let alone that actual Warp itself, doomed timeline or not.

I'm not knowledgeable on W40K, but why is the stuff from the "In the Warp" key even being included for Emps? This is there 8-B keys isn't it, or am I missing something?

I'm not knowledgeable on W40K, but why is the stuff from the "In the Warp" key even being included for Emps? This is there 8-B keys isn't it, or am I missing something?
Emps can open portals to the Warp anytime, anywhere, and he resists the effects of the restart, so he can quite literally just pop into the Warp and either pull Caliborn in and watch him go batshit or snipe him from there, where Caliborn can't properly hit back

Since LE was being brought up, and this alpha prime concept for Caliborn or whatnot, I figured there was no hax limit on the matchup. Also a lot of the resistance and hax from that key is in other keys, and as stated above he really could just go Warp. The restart or whatever just wouldn't do anything to him. Another thing is based on the explanation page for, I'm not seeing why this Type 8 is so crazy and broken.

Since LE was being brought up, and this alpha prime concept for Caliborn or whatnot, I figured there was no hax limit on the matchup. Also a lot of the resistance and hax from that key is in other keys, and as stated above he really could just go Warp. The restart or whatever just wouldn't do anything to him. Another thing is based on the explanation page for, I'm not seeing why this Type 8 is so crazy and broken.
Even if it doesn't affect Emps himself (it won't tbh), it's still going to keep Caliborn from being put down for good. Which is why it's an incon (more like stalemate) in the first place.

I'm pretty sure LE was brought up because of Caliborn's passives, which kinda don't matter since Emps resists. But Emps can't put Caliborn down for good.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure LE was brought up because of Caliborn's passives, which kinda don't matter since Emps resists. But Emps can't put Caliborn down for good.
I was moreso bringing LE up because in the scenario that Emps somehow incaps Caliborn for 24 hours, he is going to hold a grudge (because Caliborn is Caliborn) and would then try to time travel back the past to kill Emprah like he did Hussie which would be a situation that his type 8 would prevent since time travel that paradox space hasn't accounted for just makes the entire branch of events a doomed timeline.

Back