• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle Angel Alita: Sechs' speed.

The_Living_Tribunal1

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
The speed of sechs (and consequently that of Zekka and certain bodies of Alita) would be affected by this.

This is the blog we use as of now for sechs' current speed .

But i feel the time value for this is absolutely at the very bare lowest end possible.

I think that instead of 999 nanoseconds, maybe we could take some other time value like 300 or 250 or 200 nanoseconds.

I talked to Lina Shields about this and he talked about a high end of 1 to 10 nanoseconds, so i felt that a moderate value or 300 to 200 nanoseconds (approx) would probably be the best choice here.

What do you think?

You can ask the calculation group members to contribute in this thread, if you wish.

As I have stated back on chat, the page stated that this feat happened in mere nanoseconds. I would imagine that the timeframe for this feat could be around 1 to 10 nanoseconds [somewhere around there]

For example, if an event was presumed to have happened in mere seconds, we would think that the duration of the even would have been around 1 to 10 seconds at most.

Lina Shields said:
As I have stated back on chat, the page stated that this feat happened in mere nanoseconds. I would imagine that the timeframe for this feat could be around 1 to 10 nanoseconds [somewhere around there]
For example, if an event was presumed to have happened in mere seconds, we would think that the duration of the even would have been around 1 to 10 seconds at most.
ok

sounds fine

I imagine an event would stop be described as "nanoseconds" once it reaches the hundreds of nanoseconds marks (then it is a fraction of a microsecond). I suppose a value like 1000 nanoseconds would be more appropriate as a low end.

I am assuming you mean 100 nanoseconds, any more than that would be a fraction of a microsecond.

There is also a feat where Alita has a MFTL+ feat and it scales to this one, so I imagine the speed for this should at least be FTL+

alita's conciousness did go to jupiter at MFTL speeds tho :eek:

so even FTL sechs isnt completely bonkers ....

LT and Lina's suggestions seem rather reasonable in my opinion.

I also think that 10 to 100 seems reasonable, but I am not the best person to ask.

so one group for 1 to 10

and another for 10 to 100

so maybe we cud pick one of these or just go with the middle of these 2- that is 10 nanoseconds?

Well, on second thought, Lina does make sense in terms of a high end of 1 to 10 nanoseconds, but again, I am not the best person to ask.

mmmm i see

i think either 1 to 10 or 10 to 100 nanoseconds is ok

but keep in mind i have looked back and it looks like alita's mind went from one of the lagrange points to jupiter in a few seconds, so the mind went at MFTL speeds

so the 10 nanosecond time frame cud put it all together in a follow-able speed increase

Antvasima said:
I think so, yes. As a high end.
using 10 nanoseconds gives FTL speed

and after that sechs got a stat boost which made him at least somewhat comparable to alita at that stage

and at that stage there was a point where alita's mind went to jupiter at like MFTL speeds

so the continuity between FTL to FTL+ to MFTL wud make sense in my opinion

Well, I would preferably like to see more input. Just because her mind went to Jupiter, does not automatically mean that she can move that swiftly.

Antvasima said:
Well, I would preferably like to see more input. Just because her mind went to Jupiter, does not automatically mean that she can move that swiftly.
i know, she isnt MFTL in imaginos 2.0, in that form she is abut as fast at peak sechs

but later on in imaginos 2.1, she returns apparently very very quickly straight from jupiter and from that energy, she condenses to her physical imaginos 2.1 form

Okay. Although it is probably best if you calculate it.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Although it is probably best if you calculate it.
calculate the speed of return as imaginos 2.1?

idk if thats possible since we dont have a fixed time, but its certainly seems to be almost immediate

so maybe that warrants for imaginos 2.1's speed to be "unknown"

so the changes to sechs will only apply to sechs, zekka and imaginos 2.0

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

The calculation group is better suited for answering that than me. You can make a calculation blog post featuring different high, middle, and low ends, and then ask them for an evaluation.

Well, I do a lot of work for the wiki, but calculation evaluations are not part of it. My apologies.

You can make an update blog of God Movement's calculation, and then ask the calculation group to see if it is accepted.

Lina Shields said:
I am fine with 10 to 100 nanoseconds. Anything over that is overdoing it.
so that gives relativistic+ to FTL for pre power-up super fizziroy sechs

i will soon make a blog about it

well every involved calc staff who has posted here will get the message

and the ones who havent posted here yet still have a essage about this thread on their message walls

but if there are insufficient replies in the next few days (i will be without internet for about 3 days from tomorrow onwards), then i will post about the blog on their walls yet again :/

Lina Shields said:
Just asking, this isn't an outlier, correct?
nah, there is this feat, along with the jupiter thing and alita canceling tens of thousands of mach 5 waves very quickly and without much effort (the last feat happened much before this sechs vs zekka battle as well)

Back