• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
May as well, right? Both the Weeping Angel and the Ancient Sirehound have intense haxpools. A Weeping Angel has a powerful hax in the form of its touch, which it can use to not only send foes back in time, but also temporally lock them. However, it needs to make physical contact with the Sirehound for it to work and the Sirehound's elemental auras generally make touching it a bad idea. It has mind manipulation, but if I recall correctly from the few episodes I saw of the show (which, by the way, feature Weeping Angels), that doesn't seem to be a thing they normally resort to in combat. The mists of sorrow may blind the Sirehound, but at the same time, the Sirehound has pretty good AoE coverage and three of its attacks are at least nearly omnidirectional: it's lightning field, it's fire stomps, and it's exploding fireballs. It's transformation... Well, transmutation, works as well, but the Angel basically needs to engage in a staring contest with the Sirehound for minutes before that can be considered a wincon.

The Weeping Angel generally poses itself as a statue, but at the same time, the Ancient Sirehound lived to see evolution in action, and the Pikmin world has not only Rock Pikmin (which are parasitized rocks), but also it's own "Weeping Angel"-type enemy: the Desiccated Skitter Leaf (which perfectly disguises itself as leaves): https://www.pikminwiki.com/Desiccated_Skitter_Leaf

Seeing as how the Ancient Sirehound can give the player, which had dealt with Desiccated Skitter Leaves before, a tough time, I think it's plausible to say that the Ancient Sirehound would have an idea on how the Weeping Angels work.

The Weeping Angel has Regeneration and Immortality going for it. The Weeping Angel's regen is High-Mid; however, any Pikmin creature that can eat can "kill" Glow Pikmin by eating them, which have High regen on the most fundamental level for it possible. It has four immortalities, yet the Sirehound has Death Manipulation in the form of Gloom, which it can create pools of and fire Gloom off as "energy bursts", which affect freaking ghosts. Before you ask, no, I don't think this qualifies for Danmaku regardless of what the Wiki says:

I haven't listed their AP up until this point as I feel this battle would primarily comes down to who haxes who rather than raw AP. The Weeping Angel is without a calc, meaning it's stuck with baseline Wall Level (15 kJ). The Sirehound ranges from 41.05 to 136.44 kJ (average 88.745 kJ). It's Ground Pound has 4x the AP of it's regular attacks, however. That being said...

Both contestants are 9-B, I mean... Duh! Both combatants are 60 meters away. This should give the Ancient Sirehound adequate time to blink without getting attacked by the Angel. I'm not gonna equalize speed because the difference between any amount of speed and being completely immobile is infinite, making it impossible to equalize speed under normal circumstances. In any case, here are their profiles:

Weeping Angel's Profile
Ancient Sirehound's Profile

Who takes this?

Weeping Angel: 1 (EliminatorVenom)
Ancient Sirehound: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Very old post, so this might not be adequate, but...

I wouldn't call this a stomp, but I don't see the Weeping Angel winning this in most scenarios. Them not having resistance to Death Manipulation against an attack that instantly kills whoever it hits, the Sirehound using it constantly and knowing the Angel's weakness pretty much seals the deal.

The thing is that removing the knowledge restriction, it would be a similar situation to either side, because if the Sirehound loses sight of the Angel, the Angel will immediately blitzkill with the far greater speed and time manipulation & energy absorption, as even the AOE attacks should not be enough to one-hit kill them as well as the Gloom can. Yet, if the Sirehound starts with the Gloom, the situation goes to the inverse situation.

So... Sirehound wins, and I don't know if this is a stomp or not. It is a weird match, sort of like a gunslinger's duel.

So... Sirehound wins, and I don't know if this is a stomp or not. It is a weird match, sort of like a gunslinger's duel.
I don't think it is a stomp seeing as how the Angel has wincons (speed, time lock, and energy absorption) that the Sirehound couldn't match or resist, especially in CQC..

Fair point, and I agree. It just seems a weird match, since whoever acts first wins.

Strangely, if both were to act at the same time, I'd bet on the Angel as it could dodge the stuff far more easily than vice-versa, but Sirehound stunlocks the Angel just by looking at them, so, welp.

Back