• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen - Cursed Energy Enhances Speed

Giannysmag

He/Him
Currently the wiki recongnises cursed energy being able to enhances sorcerers AP and Durability but not their speed. This has led to some debates in several of the speed revisions for the verse, about whether or not CE enhances speed, so i gathered all the evidence proving so in this blog

This thread is to simply get the idea of CE reinforcement increasing speed accepted, to help with any future speed revisions (cause god know's thats the only thing ever talked about with this verse)

Discussion Rules
Up to three active content revision threads can be open for any verse. If three active content revision threads are in progress, the community must conclude one before creating a new one.

There are already 4 threads open about JJK and with this one it will be 5, the rules allow only 3 so I will close this one until the others are finished.

Since two of the 4 threads mentioned above have ended I have been asked to unlock this one, this would make 3 active threads about JJK, so it is best to refrain from creating more threads until the others have ended to lessen the constant pressure of so many CRTs open at once.

Please remove this
Since it was visibly due to his own physical stats overtaking Yuji's.

This
Means nothing for speed, since Jogo was > Naobito yet slower

This
Since his body already has a set "infinite" amount of CE, yet it was still increasing yet having the same amount of CE, plus domains increasing stats already

This
As it ignores that 15F Sukuna also kept up with Gojo who kept up with 20F Sukuna, showing the fingers don't show a speed increase

This
As they never note anything towards his combat speed, and Nobara can keep up with people who keep up with his combat speed but her eyes can't keep up with him running.

Yuji uses CE augmentation as well yet he's still in the ballpark of everyone else.

Combat speed has much to be desired when it comes to showing amps for the verse.

Most of these show an increase in travel speed, which is definitely fair, showing them enhance their muscles to propel just like Yuta.

It ignores the showings against it, like Yuji outspeeding the CE in his fist that's supposed to be amping his fist

Please note "amps travel speed", because most people aren't showing to increase combat speed w/ it

Discussion Rules

There are already 4 threads open about JJK and with this one it will be 5, the rules allow only 3 so I will close this one until the others are finished.
Marvel Comics and DC Comics are exempt from this rule to accommodate their continuous flow of large amounts of story material. Thus, they may have a maximum of six active threads open simultaneously. This exception also applies to extremely popular verses like Dragon Ball, to be granted on a case-by-case basis.

Jujutsu Kaisen is arguably the most popular shounen right now, and one of the most popular verses in general. It should be exempt from this rule, especially considering how behind the verse is in terms of revisions, to be honest.

-

Anyway, I agree with the basis of this thread

Tempest, not only with UES is the assumption that speed as a whole is updated, but we're explicity given scans with the Geto V Yuta fight that verbatum states that Yuta is getting faster as they fight. Clearly CE amps combat speed as well.

That's literally all we should need to prove this as a point.

CE amps overall physical speed, specifying travel, reaction, or combat speed makes no sense. And we shouldn't have to dig through the series just to prove this since that's just the assumption that comes when you're amplying physical abilities. This level of scrutiny on the idea of a power source boosting speed is ridiculous

Tempest, not only with UES is the assumption that speed as a whole is updated, but we're explicity given scans with the Geto V Yuta fight that verbatum states that Yuta is getting faster as they fight. Clearly CE amps combat speed as well.

That's literally all we should need to prove this as a point.

CE amps overall physical speed, specifying travel, reaction, or combat speed makes no sense. And we shouldn't have to dig through the series just to prove this since that's just the assumption that comes when you're amplying physical abilities. This level of scrutiny on the idea of a power source boosting speed is ridiculous
You clearly didn't read what I said at all.

And no, he didn't say he got faster as he fought. Yuta ran towards him (travel speed) and he said he was faster, with Geto still being able to dodge the strike.
You didn't even tackle the Yuji example I gave. You just said no.

CE amping all those speeds make no sense for the people who utilize specific amps for those same stats. Naobito's CT amping combat. Flowing Red Scale amping perception, Gojo using blue to amp travel. They would just use CE to do so then.

Amping muscles and letting them propel faster would be amping travel. Most of the feats just show travel speed.

"The assumption is that it amps combat speed", the assumption can be declined with evidence.

If you have an argument then say the argument. Don't whine about scrutiny

Physical strength can be increased with CE

This

Means nothing for speed, since Jogo was > Naobito yet slower
Naobito is that fast because of projection sorcery, not his raw stats
This

Since his body already has a set "infinite" amount of CE, yet it was still increasing yet having the same amount of CE, plus domains increasing stats already
His CE reserves are infinite but his actual output is finite otherwise he'd be High 3-A, so his CE output would then be increasing. Otherwise there's no reason for him to grow faster over the caurse of the fight
This

As it ignores that 15F Sukuna also kept up with Gojo who kept up with 20F Sukuna, showing the fingers don't show a speed increase
15F Sukuna intercepted one attack from Gojo that was meant to kill Kenjaku. There's nothing to imply he could keep up with Gojo's full speed
This

As they never note anything towards his combat speed, and Nobara can keep up with people who keep up with his combat speed but her eyes can't keep up with him running.
His motor skills are the highest of all the students, which includes general muscle movements and reaction speed
Yuji uses CE augmentation as well yet he's still in the ballpark of everyone else.
His CE agmeuntation is simply not as high as everyone else, which he compensates with his naturally high stats. As he himself says he is the inverse of Yuta (who is weak physically but has insane CE agmuentation)

And no, he didn't say he got faster as he fought. Yuta ran towards him (travel speed) and he said he was faster, with Geto still being able to dodge the strike.
ok
CE amping all those speeds make no sense for the people who utilize specific amps for those same stats. Naobito's CT amping combat. Flowing Red Scale amping perception, Gojo using blue to amp travel. They would just use CE to do so then.
This changes nothing, you can just explain it away by the fact they are larger amps than just simple ce augmentation
Amping muscles and letting them propel faster would be amping travel. Most of the feats just show travel speed.
You attack physically with... muscles.

This entire thread only exist because there was an argument a while ago that CE doesn't amp physical speed during the whole speed thread for Hakari and the rest.

"The assumption is that it amps combat speed", the assumption can be declined with evidence.

If you have an argument then say the argument. Don't whine about scrutiny
I read what you said, and what you said quite frankly is dumb. People can have specific techinques that amp speed while CE amps speed as well. That's not proof against it amping speed generally, that just means people can get stronger amps with certain techinques because the power system has powers to it.

And you're even somehow getting how combat speed works wrong at the same time for some reason. Yuta isn't traveling in his fight with Geto, he's literally fighting the man. That's his combat speed.

Physical strength can be increased with CE

"Without jujutsu sorcery" aka "without CE"
Naobito is that fast because of projection sorcery, not his raw stats
Did anything I say state otherwise? I'm just saying it means nothing for the scaling.
His CE reserves are infinite but his actual output is finite otherwise he'd be High 3-A, so his CE output would then be increasing. Otherwise there's no reason for him to grow faster over the caurse of the fight
So an assumption on his output?
15F Sukuna intercepted one attack from Gojo that was meant to kill Kenjaku. There's nothing to imply he could keep up with Gojo's full speed
Which is a speed feat regardless.

With this argument then we can come and say "he didn't keep up with Full Gojo either since from Gojo's eye movement he was going much faster and even making clones from pure speed or something.
His motor skills are the highest of all the students, which includes general muscle movements and reaction speed
I see nothing towards that being for combat speed I hope you know. The 5 motor skills are sitting, standing, walking, running, and jumping, all things that involve muscles. Speed of swinging isn't tied into that.
It shows travel speed yeah. Combat isn't really incorporated.
His CE agmeuntation is simply not as high as everyone else, which he compensates with his naturally high stats. As he himself says he is the inverse of Yuta (who is weak physically but has insane CE agmuentation)
So no one is gonna tackle when he goes and outspeeds his CE but just focus on that?

Setting a baseline so that this doesn't need to be argued in every speed revision

Also i like making blogs
I'll give you your props. It's a well put together blog
I read what you said, and what you said quite frankly is dumb. People can have specific techinques that amp speed while CE amps speed as well. That's not proof against it amping speed generally, that just means people can get stronger amps with certain techinques because the power system has powers to it.
Okay.

Explain why Yuji outspeeds the CE amping his fists.
And you're even somehow getting how combat speed works wrong at the same time for some reason. Yuta isn't traveling in his fight with Geto, he's literally fighting the man. That's his combat speed.

Travel Speed​

The speed at which a character or object can move by running, or through similar means that do not involve flight or teleportation.
It doesn't matter if he's fighting. Him dashing towards you is travel speed. Combat speed is the speed you can punch and kick

I'll give you your props. It's a well put together blog

Okay.

Explain why Yuji outspeeds the CE amping his fists.
Because Yuji sucks at manipulating cursed energy at this point and as already pointed out by another person, he is the inverse to Yuta. Because Yuji is an anomaly like Maki and Toji. That's why he outspeeds his own CE at the start of the series. But also, as he gets better at controlling his own energy, this isn't a problem anymore.

It doesn't matter if he's fighting. Him dashing towards you is travel speed. Combat speed is the speed you can punch and kick
He's also fighting Geto as he dashes in and run towards him. The idea that for some reason is only able to amp the speed that he dashes at but not his swinging speed is silly

On the Yuta point we really just see a amp in travel speed though, his swings don’t appear to be faster, Geto doesn’t say anything and dodges a swing from Yuta also not commenting on it

Because it's a general speed statement, and Geto still being able keep up with Yuta doesn't mean anything because he can also amp his speed with CE and Yuta hasn't gotten to the point that Geto isn't comparable to him.

Because it's a general speed statement, and Geto still being able keep up with Yuta doesn't mean anything because he can also amp his speed with CE and Yuta hasn't gotten to the point that Geto isn't comparable to him.
The point isn't about Geto keeping up though it's good you brought that up since on the initial dash Getou seems to not keep up on reaction but against Yuta's combat speed he does.

Because Yuji sucks at manipulating cursed energy at this point and as already pointed out by another person, he is the inverse to Yuta. Because Yuji is an anomaly like Maki and Toji. That's why he outspeeds his own CE at the start of the series. But also, as he gets better at controlling his own energy, this isn't a problem anymore.
This is a horrible explanation.

Yuji sucking at manipulating cursed energy doesn't stop the cursed energy from doing his job. It would amp his body like it already did for the entire series.
He's also fighting Geto as he dashes in and run towards him. The idea that for some reason is only able to amp the speed that he dashes at but not his swinging speed is silly
Because it only shows the amp in travel speed and Geto dodges the slash?

"Without jujutsu sorcery" aka "without CE"
Fair, for some reason i assumed he meant his cursed technique but Megumi hadn't seen that by that point
Did anything I say state otherwise? I'm just saying it means nothing for the scaling.
My point was that there was a specific reason for Naobito > Jogo in speed
So an assumption on his output?
Cause there's no other reason for his speed to increase, especially since he gets an amp to his (travel and combat) speed after gaining the Jackpot
Which is a speed feat regardless.

With this argument then we can come and say "he didn't keep up with Full Gojo either since from Gojo's eye movement he was going much faster and even making clones from pure speed or something.
The clones are probably from the blue speed amp and i don't see how anything else proves base Gojo being faster than Sukuna
So no one is gonna tackle when he goes and outspeeds his CE but just focus on that?
This is a horrible explanation.

Yuji sucking at manipulating cursed energy doesn't stop the cursed energy from doing his job. It would amp his body like it already did for the entire series.
I genuinly don't understand this point, why does CE lagging behind becase of Yuji's bad control prove it doesn't amp speed for sorcerers that can control it?

Again, we're given a statement that cursed energy enhances physical capabilities. We're also given a statement that a character who has a boost in cursed energy got faster.

The idea that cursed energy is only amping his travel speed but not his combat speed makes no sense because there isn't a differentiating between travel speed and combat speed with Yuta in the series itself. Geto doesn't say "He can dash faster but his swings are just as slow as ever" he doesn't say "He's only running faster" he doesn't say any of that.

He just says that Yuta got faster and then we're shown him still keeping up with Yuta because Geto is also a special grade sorcerer who is able to utilize cursed energy to enhance his physical capabilities. There is an assumption of reader comprehension on the authors part and at this point Tempest, it feels like you're just being willing obtuse in a situation that is blatant in what its depicting. I refuse to entertain this any further.

My vote has been noted.

I agree with cursed energy amps speed. This is quite obvious and shouldn't even be a thread for it. Saying it doesn't amp combat speed is like saying Ki doesn't amp DB characters.

Fair, for some reason i assumed he meant his cursed technique but Megumi hadn't seen that by that point
It's all good.
My point was that there was a specific reason for Naobito > Jogo in speed
I'm just saying nothing says Jogo > 3F Sukuna in speed.
Cause there's no other reason for his speed to increase, especially since he gets an amp to his (travel and combat) speed after gaining the Jackpot
He's in his domain. Domains amp stats.
His output increasing makes little sense as in his initial jackpot his CE was already overflowing. His CE output had no reason to change when he was already letting out more than he wanted..
He got faster towards the end of the round when the Domain announcer said "the round will end in 8 seconds".
That isn't support for faster than his base (ok it is but that isn't the point I'm trying to make), but there's a property in his domain that just makes him faster. Saying it's output doing it is just an assumption that isn't supported when he's already outputting more than what he should have to and it's so much that it's leaking out of his body.

It's like blowing air into a balloon that's already popped. It won't make the balloon bigger. His reinforcement capabilities are already maxed out.
The clones are probably from the blue speed amp and i don't see how anything else proves base Gojo being faster than Sukuna
This is headcanon on my part so you're free to ignore it, but I always thought that he used the blue speed amp on Sukuna in chapter 2.
Cause he fights and Sukuna says "He's unbelievably fast! No, it's not just that...", implying it wasn't just regular speed.
I genuinly don't understand this point, why does CE lagging behind becase of Yuji's bad control prove it doesn't amp speed for sorcerers that can control it?
If CE amplifies speed in a limb, CE would follow the limb. Him outspeeding the energy amplifying the speed of his limb... with the limb... from solely his pure physical speed would go against it.

That was worded horribly. I'm sorry.

Yuji puts CE in his fist, then if the CE amped his speed, he wouldn't be in the situation where he outspeeds it.
Him outspeeding the amp shows the amp isn't something that stays on his body.
Especially with Todo's wording, how he's supposed to only apply it right when he hits, showing that his speed is overall not amplified since the CE isn't just staying in his body throughout.

Yuta is a different scenario as his body constantly is surging with CE.

I'm not gonna respond to Duedate since he's just repeating points. I don't mean that out of disrespect, I'm just not gonna turn the OP's thread into an argument about 1 point.
I agree with cursed energy amps speed. This is quite obvious and shouldn't even be a thread for it. Saying it doesn't amp combat speed is like saying Ki doesn't amp DB characters.
Every time people bring up other verse's mechanics they just look dumb.

It serves as a way of pointing out double standards, though
No it doesn't, it just shows ignorance of info on other verses.

DB has dozens of scans, statements, feats, implications, and everything showing people gain increases in every stat.

JJK has 1 contradicted statement.

People always scream out double standards but it's not having enough support.

And I don't care about other verses. If you think it's a true double standard then downgrade them and see if their evidence is the same

I'm just saying nothing says Jogo > 3F Sukuna in speed.
Fair
He's in his domain. Domains amp stats.
His output increasing makes little sense as in his initial jackpot his CE was already overflowing. His CE output had no reason to change when he was already letting out more than he wanted..
He got faster towards the end of the round when the Domain announcer said "the round will end in 8 seconds".
That isn't support for faster than his base (ok it is but that isn't the point I'm trying to make), but there's a property in his domain that just makes him faster. Saying it's output doing it is just an assumption that isn't supported when he's already outputting more than what he should have to and it's so much that it's leaking out of his body.
I'll give you the whole "he is getting faster" point, but you still haven't explained why Hakari outside of his domain with the Jackpot boost could keep up with Kashimo, yet Hakari in his domain without JP was getting blitzed. I feel that's a pretty major point towards CE amping combat speed
This is headcanon on my part so you're free to ignore it, but I always thought that he used the blue speed amp on Sukuna in chapter 2.
Cause he fights and Sukuna says "He's unbelievably fast! No, it's not just that...", implying it wasn't just regular speed.
Fair, kinda crazy how Gojo's blue amp that was only properly explained recently has been foreshadowed so early
0014-012.png

If CE amplifies speed in a limb, CE would follow the limb. Him outspeeding the energy amplifying the speed of his limb... with the limb... from solely his pure physical speed would go against it.

That was worded horribly. I'm sorry.

Yuji puts CE in his fist, then if the CE amped his speed, he wouldn't be in the situation where he outspeeds it.
Him outspeeding the amp shows the amp isn't something that stays on his body.
If Yuji's speed is faster than his flow of cursed energy then that would just mean it isn't being amplified by his CE
Especially with Todo's wording, how he's supposed to only apply it right when he hits, showing that his speed is overall not amplified since the CE isn't just staying in his body throughout.

Yuta is a different scenario as his body constantly is surging with CE.
High level sorecerers in general can amplify their entire body
0140-017.png
0140-018.png

Is this really a discussion? Are people are debating that in JJK, a verse where besides anomalies like heavenly restriction users and people like Yuji, where people without CE are average human level and exist in a fictional interpretation of ‘our real world’….the verses’ power system doesn’t amp their combat speed?

So while CE enhances their physical strength and durability via reinforcement, the combat speed feats/scaling from Hakari, Yuta, Kashimo, Sukuna etc all just come from their basic natural speed and not CE amping them? We should see normal humans without CE having drastically enhanced speed though average AP and Durability of that were the case. That and saying it only applies to travel speed seems very nit picky, especially when travel speed is almost always below combat speed unless noted otherwise, and when the OP posted examples and implications of speed increasing via CE

Fair, kinda crazy how Gojo's blue amp that was only properly explained recently has been foreshadowed so early
0014-012.png
"So fast!! It's not just cursed energy-infused attack!"

This implies that attacks with cursed energy really do increase speed, only Jogo realised that Gojo was a case of using another method alongside the conventional one to increase speed even further.

Gojo was basically using cursed energy + Blue to amplify his speed

This is wrong. Sukuna was using Mahogara Adaptation at the moment. The next moment he literally catches Gojo and punched him when he stopped using Adaptation.
That afterimages is common in fiction it's not like Sukuna didn't catch him here.
Are you gonna ignore chapter 224, 226 & 227? Where Sukuna keeping up with full power Gojo?
You are nitpicking things from one scene and ignoring other chapters feats where Sukuna was easily keeping up with Gojo.

Back