• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoWarper

Bronze Supporter
Alright so Gilgamesh's armor is presently given this rating "Small Country level with Armor (Could withstand an attack from his own Enuma Elish after its light was deflected back at him by Avalon)" some small issues with this feat:

1) This is an anime only feat, in the original VN it was Merodach that was deflected not Ea

2) Merodach was stated to be weaker then Excalibur and yet it literality damaged Gils armor

3) Even if that did happen its not consistent given the other attacks that have damaged/pierced through the armor like Excalibur here, Saber's Invisible Air here plus iirc Alcides arrows in F/SF

So yeah not only is it not Ea thats deflected in the original VN its a weaker attack that outright damages Gilgamesh's armor.

His armor should be reduced to just “Higher with armor

Last edited:
Yeah the feat just outright doesn't exist, and if it did, it's wildly inconsistent and causes circular scaling.

Considering as shown in the OP, the beam (not Ea btw) that was reflected still tore a hole in, and lit Gil's armor on fire with what was likely a glancing blow (only the shoulder is affected), it's pretty clear his armor just doesn't scale to that level

At best Gil could get a "higher with armor" rating, because it's stated and shown a few times that it makes him more durable than without iirc, but not Ea or Excalibur level or anything

Low 6-B dura should definitely go. Saber was going to cut through his armor with Invisble Air, a C-Rank NP, and didn't purely because she backed off due to mana reasons/jobbing.

Merodach was considered to be above Gram which is on par with Excalibur, so it's still Low 6-B attack
It was stated to be weaker then Excalibur during the attack and either way so what? Gilgamesh’s armor doesnt tank it either way so to wouldnt scale.

Both TNR Excalibur and Merodach cut through Gilgamesh’s armor and hell Invisible Air was pushing his armor to its limits.

It was stated to be weaker then Excalibur during the attack and either way so what? Gilgamesh’s armor doesnt tank it either way so to wouldnt scale.

Both TNR Excalibur and Merodach cut through Gilgamesh’s armor and hell Invisible Air was pushing his armor to its limits.
Can you send a scan? I don't remember it. Gram was stated to be comparable to Excalibur, but Merodach is above it.

Excalibur was strengthened by the presence of Avalon, so it's still fine.

Can you send a scan? I don't remember it. Gram was stated to be comparable to Excalibur, but Merodach is above it.
The scan is in the OP where it says “weaker then Excalibur”
Excalibur was strengthened by the presence of Avalon, so it's still fine.
Except again Gils armor doesnt tank it, it has no feats of tanking a Low 6-B attack, in fact every L6B that Gil is hit with in that fight damages/pierces the armor.

It would be inconsistent to give it Low 6-B dura when the feats don’t exist and everything Low 6-B goes through the armor.

I definitely agree, I found it questionable to begin with, even without having read the light novel, and now that I'm seeing scans it's likely that even the Island+ of Yore isn't even good.

Iirc, Gram was comparable to Caliburn, not Excalibur. Also i don't remember Excalibur get a boost from Avalon

Yes, Gram is compared to the sword in the stone, aka Caliburn, because it's the latter's concept root origin as the "Sword in the tree"

meanwhile Excalibur comes from the lady of the lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back