• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Banning 'speed equal' matches for speedsters

Faisal_Shourov

VS Battles
Retired
As their title suggests, speedsters rely on their gimmick of speed for VS matches. Equalizing speed for them will be akin to banning ki for Goku or chakra for Naruto (taking away their entire arsenal and make them useless in fight). I recommend banning speed equal matches with speedsters as it's an unfair nerf.

Yeah. I could've sworn I brought that up when I did my original speed equalized thing. People like the Flash rely on their speed almost exclusively.

I agree fully, banning speed equalized matches for speedsters dosen't make a lick of sense

seeing how SUPER SPEED is there main power and that other powers revole around

A characters' speed is not their "arsenal", it's just their gimmick. Thier arsenal is the abilities they possess.

Not allowing equalized speed matches for them can result in no possible matches for them (Seriously, try and find a fair match for the Flash with unequalized speed).

I am strongly opposed to this idea.

I agree too, I don't like to eliminate the possibly only advantage/power of those characters, if we equalizad Flash, he would be only Barry for example

The Everlasting said:
A characters' speed is not their "arsenal", it's just their gimmick. Thier arsenal is the abilities they possess.
Not allowing equalized speed matches for them can result in no possible matches for them (Seriously, try and find a fair match for the Flash with unequalized speed).

I am in agreement. It's ridiculous to simply ban equalizing speed simply because it's their trait. There are also speedster characters that are slower than non-speedsters in other verses, so even the argument itself is null.

The Flash isn't solely defined by his speed. He holds other abilities such as phasing, the IMP and speed-stealing as well. Speed isn't the only thing in his arsenal.

The Everlasting said:

If speedsters are too OP fight then they shouldn't fight. Nerfing them to make slower characters fight on par is very much unfair. Flash has plenty of other abilities other than speed to make up, not all speedster are lucky as Flash.

I'm with Everlasting here. If we didn't equalize the speed of characters as fast as the Flash or Quicksilver or whoever is known for being damn fast like Sonic, we wouldn't have many matches with them. If anything, we'd have to possibly ban the use of them in a match.

Like Wally West is likely one of the most fastest non-immeasurable speed characters we have here. Given the speed feat we've rated him from, i can't think of ONE person that can fight him and not get either blitzed, have their skull phased in, or put in the Speed Force.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Everlasting said:

I am in agreement. It's ridiculous to simply ban equalizing speed simply because it's their trait. There are also speedster characters that are slower than non-speedsters in other verses, so even the argument itself is null.
The Flash isn't solely defined by his speed. He holds other abilities such as phasing, the IMP and speed-stealing as well. Speed isn't the only thing in his arsenal.

all of those abilities come from his speed espically the IMP and phasing....

No it's not. Speed Equalising is a thing and has always been. Simply because The Flash, and this is solely related to the Flash, let's be honest, would lose to characters he'd otherwise beat due to speed, doesn't mean we can't allow for speed equalizing.

@Faisal

Removing this rule is basically saying "Nuh-uh, these guys are exempt from the rule so they can win fights". Removing the entire idea of equalizing speed just because the character is known for their speed is rather biased towards the general concept.

Again, there's no way to get a fair match with certain characters (Ex. The Flash) if we don't equalize speed.

Faisal Shourov said:
The Everlasting said:

If speedsters are too OP fight then they shouldn't fight. Nerfing them to make slower characters fight on par is very much unfair. Flash has plenty of other abilities other than speed to make up, not all speedster are lucky as Flash.
Basically this

@Cross. As much as I hate to say it... Amitabha...

But seriously, if there's a being whose whole thing is "you can't fight what you can't see," and he's speed equalized against say... Martian Manhunter, it's going to be a massacre.

I think this is better to be analyzed on a case by case basis rather than a broad, potentially limiting rule.

Well that's just one, Cal.

But waht about in general of those much slower than Wally or Sonic or Quicksilver then? And this is speed as normal, of course...care to give me an example of who can fight them fairly...?

The Everlasting said:
@Faisal
Removing this rule is basically saying "Nuh-uh, these guys are exempt from the rule so they can win fights". Removing the entire idea of equalizing speed just because the character is known for their speed is rather biased towards the general concept.

Again, there's no way to get a fair match with certain characters (Ex. The Flash) if we don't equalize speed.
When the concept is nerfing an entire set of people, it should be modified. If Flash is too OP he should be banned, other characters shouldn't suffer because of him. Not all speedster are Flash.

I am not opposed to speed equalized entirely, but it's getting out of hand. If Flash is this much troublesome then he should be banned. Not like many matches are made with him anyway

Though thankfully at least it's not on Speed Equalized matches as a whole....that....i'd be really pissed at for. @Faisal

I mean i sometimes hate it but it'd really down the amount of matches we could possibly do...

The real cal howard said:
I'm starting to regret complaining about speed stomp matches now...
feels slow man, one of the reason why I stopped a little with vsthreads... I'm now a calc/evaluation man

CrossverseCrisis said:
Though thankfully at least it's not on Speed Equalized matches as a whole.
Well it's not. Speed equalization is not a bad thing but nerfing dozens of speedsters because of Flash alone is ridiculous to say the least. Banning Flash is an option if that helps

Well....i did think that'd we probably have to ban Wally. Not sure about Barry but hmm....unsure of that but i'll observe from "outside" here for now...

I agree with no non-equalized speed for speedsters. It does really make no sense. If you take away their speed, they've got nothing. No matter what other tricks they have in their arsenal, all of those moves are derived from their speed in the place.

Also, maybe we should ban Flash. I mean, his level of speed and what he can do with it is so ridiculous that what you need to overcome it would turn any match he's in into what amounts to a stomp/spite and yet anything really less and he'll stomp. I like the guy but he's not what I'd call a fun character to find an opponent for.

Only matches people can find are tier 3s who'd he still wreck, someone who has a technique to surpass his speed, or 'verse battles. And the latter is no longer allowed to be added to profiles.

Only matches people can find are tier 3s who'd he still wreck, someone who has a technique to surpass his speed, or 'verse battles. And the latter is no longer allowed to be added to profiles.
Even if you equalize speed, Flash can still steal it and freeze the opponent. Not to mention Flash can amp his own speed anytime using Speed Force. So speed equalizing doesn't nerf the Flash as much, but it does make people like this kid below human fodder (who would get annihilated by any healthy adult male). Many speedster rely on creating gust by rotating their hand to fight, with equalized speed almost of their abilities would be completely useless. Not all speedster got speedforce.

If Flash is this much troublesome he should be banned in favour of the nerfed speedsters

Dash

So it's basically find that one thing that is going to allow a character beat him or nothing? I mean, it may not be that bad, but it all just sounds like a real fine line that you got to deal with in regards to finding an opponent.

Some speedsters don't have any advantdages beyond speed. But people ONLY equalize speed with characters such as Wally West or the Legendary Bronze Saints, who are far beyond anyone else in this site and have a whole lot of other powers.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Some speedsters don't have any advantdages beyond speed. But people ONLY equalize speed with characters such as Wally West or the Legendary Bronze Saints, who are far beyond anyone else in this site and have a whole lot of other powers.
If they're too powerful they should be banned from fights. Do they even fight on this site? DB vs Seiya got banned because of stomp matches.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Faisal
There's a lot of possible matchups for Seiya speed-equalized. I don't have any issues with doing those.
You know Seiya better than me. The ones that're no problem are fair game.

Back