• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Banjo & Kazooie vs Hiiro Okamura

YungManzi said:
B&K are more likely to use standard eggs first before using grenade eggs, giving Hiiro enough time to amp himself, and at that point it's seriously doubtful that they'd hit him.
Why'd they go for standard eggs first when they know they have objectively better eggs they can use? And TK is still a thing.

Also, stacking speed amps mean he'd have to write more, no?

YungManzi said:
Also I'm pretty sure 2 people (Or at least 1) voted for Hiiro already.
Their votes are in the OP, I just wrote it wrong, mb

Because they usually start with standard eggs.

Is it not reasonable to assume a video game character starts with their standard weapon before switching to something else?

I'd say it's very unreasonable to assume a video game character won't start with weapons that are objectively improved versions of their 'standard' weapons when they've never shown a preference in cutscenes.

Has B&K ever even restrained someone with TK before?

From the look of their profile, it's mostly used to build vehicles.

YungManzi said:
B&K are more likely to use standard eggs first before using grenade eggs, giving Hiiro enough time to amp himself, and at that point it's seriously doubtful that they'd hit him.
Hiiro was going against someone he couldn't even see because they were so fast, stacked a few speed amps on top of each other, and proceeded to completely overwhelm them in speed.

And that was with his weaker speed amps, before he developed two-word chains.
Kazooie isn't exactly the type of character to start with just weaker eggs, but let's just say that she does and Hiiro amps himself with speed even though you said that he would start with info analysis. As i just said, Hiiro would rush to attack them, or he tries to stack more speed and gets hit. If he starts to attack them, they would activate Invulnerability sooner or later for the reasons i stated above, he gets hurt by the invulnerability and this gives enough time to Kazooie use her TK to restrain him.

Well it's primarily a racing game so they hardly got a chance to fight anything. But otherwise the magic wrench is B&K's primary weapon in Nuts and Bolts against gruntbots (fodder), and when Gruntilda's vehicle exploded they threatened to use the magic wrench on her (before Lord of Games intervened).

@Jiggly

I'm not contradicting myself (Which is what you are implying), I'm saying Hiiro can use 2-3 word magic spells before being critically injured.

So; He starts with info analysis, then uses speed and strength amps, and stacks them if needed.

I mean, in the manga he's shown doing basic word magic in singular panels and while attacks are being launched at him.

If he starts with info analysis they'll hit him, i don't doubt that Hiiro can use more words after getting hit in a normal fight, and if the fight takes too long it would be likely that eventually he would write even more words to overwhelm them. The thing is, just like he could use more words before getting K.O'd, they could use other abilities before he K.O's them, and since they have 3 quick ways to stun him, they would be able to use TK on him and keep attacking.

I would need proof that they are fast enough to cross such a large distance before Hiiro can just amp himself.

Also, you guys realize you are arguing that Banjo wins with an attack that is faster than Hiroo because of speed Equal, right? You also realize that he is faster himself, making that argument inapplicable to a vsbattle, yeah?

Is that attack the only reason they are beating him? If so, its against the rules. If there are other stuff that make them win, then its fine.

So we treat bullets fired from guns as the same speed as the human that fires it in speed equal?

The main argument is that their I capping bullets can reach him before he amps himself because they are faster than Banjo. The effects are the main reason, but they only hit because of them being faster.

GyroNutz said:
So we treat bullets fired from guns as the same speed as the human that fires it in speed equal?
No. But a slower opponent beating a faster one through speed (be it through speed amps or faster attacks) is not allowed.

It's not beating him via speed, the argument is that in the time it takes Hiiro to write out 'pry', decide what to do and then write out his speed amps, Kazooie's eggs can reach him because they'd travel much faster than Kazooie herself, yet not nearly enough to blitz.

Yes it is.

You are literally arguin that since his projectiles are faster than Banjo, they can traverse dozens of meters faster than Hiiro can see a projectile coming at him and amping himself to dodge. Because he'll just forego the info analysis and go for amps the moment he is faced with a projectile aimed at him.

That wouldn't work with a projectile as fast as him, so no, you are arguing for "slower character wins by being faster".

Magic Wrench is near instant and Banjo uses it in character quite often. Banjo can hold Hiiro there and Kazooie can pelt him with eggs.

The main argument wasn't that they would shoot eggs way faster than him so he literally couldn't do anything, just that if he uses info analysis, he would get hit, if he amps his speed, he's not going to instantly travel all the area and blitz them fast enough to instantly get pass the durability, healing and regen before they activate the invulnerability or use the TK.

Except he wouldn't. All it takes for him to make a word is a literal handwave, so there is no way that the eggs get to him before he can just amp himself, and arguing otherwise is arguing that they can travel through dozens of meters faster than him waving his hand (because him writing words is that fast)

And yes he is. That's the point of the amp. He blitzes people that blitz him with it.

I doubt it's fair for him to be in the brackets, but he sure as hell speed amps fast enough to just get around everything they do.

And why do they have one profile..? There was a whole CRT that while characters that rely on each other can have fights where they team up, they are not allowed to be in a single profile.

That is not how it works regardless. The two relying on each other does not justify one page. There was a crt for characters like this.

Master and Fra have different profiles, and the former is a literal sentient weapon. They can fight together, but they have to have separate profiles.

Dude, every single Human character in Pokémon has all of their Pokémon on their profile. Banjo and Kazooie literally have no feats by themselves.

If Hiiro can literally amp himself with just that little time and his speed is that effective then he can't be used here, every character that doesn't have statistics amplification, thought based attacks or instinctive reactions will lose.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Dude, every single Human character in Pokémon has all of their Pokémon on their profile. Banjo and Kazooie literally have no feats by themselves.
Banjo is in race Race game without Kazooie.

Apologies for not discussing this earlier, but before we go too off topic let's discuss whether or not Hiiro is fair for the brackets. When I first allowed him in, I was under the impression that his amps weren't too significant and that they'd take a while to use. What do you guys think? Should we keep Hiiro in the brackets or replace him with the first reserve (who I think was Bender)

JiggyHunter11 said:
If Hiiro can literally amp himself with just that little time and his speed is that effective then he can't be used here, every character that doesn't have statistics amplification, thought based attacks or instinctive reactions will lose.
Yeah, now that I think about it, his third key would be much more unfair.

He wouldn't even need to write out words at all, and he could summon Tenn from his sword who is just as fast and strong as him with amps and is immune to magic.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Because they can summon them.

The pokemon still have individual pages, not a shared one with their trainers. Even Ash's pikachu has it's own profile.

YungManzi said:
Yeah, now that I think about it, his third key would be much more unfair.

He wouldn't even need to write out words at all, and he could summon Tenn from his sword who is just as fast and strong as him with amps and is immune to magic.
Him having a more unfair key does not make this one fair, tough.

The moment I saw reality warping in his first key I thought, "Ok who is actually on drugs right now?" Knowing that it is out of character for him to use reality warping it's pretty fair now. I mean, Banjo and Kazooie have Mid Regen and I chose them so what do I know?

Back