• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

1. Why is Shikai Shunsui ranked "only just below the likes of Base Aizen"? I could understand if we talking about Bankai Shunsui given how he ripped apart Vollständig Lille but Base Aizen legit effortlessely one shot Shikai Shunsui did he not?

2. Why is Unohana ranked so far below several captains? I mean we know for pretty much a fact it was confirmed she was the strongest captain bar Yamamoto ( not counting Aizen, Gin and Tosen ) quite a few times

1. Why is Shikai Shunsui ranked "only just below the likes of Base Aizen"? I could understand if we talking about Bankai Shunsui given how he ripped apart Vollständig Lille but Base Aizen legit effortlessely one shot Shikai Shunsui did he not?
Yup shunsui is not anywhere near base aizens level. Shunsui did good against lille cause he had the right hax to counter him. With that logic kisuke is stronger than ichigo for doing better against askin.
2. Why is Unohana ranked so far below several captains? I mean we know for pretty much a fact it was confirmed she was the strongest captain bar Yamamoto ( not counting Aizen, Gin and Tosen ) quite a few times
Lmao both gin and tosen are like mid rank captains. And yeah no one scales above uhohana besides yamamoto and base aizen.

Gin is a mid-rank captain
Man one shot Aizen and forced him to evolve into ButterflAizen. Literally a better feat than any other Captain.

And this Unohana wank … she literally loses to base TYBW Kenny so he is stronger, Mayuri harmed TYBW Kenny and Pernida who evolved to base TYBW Kenny’s level, RG Byakuya and Adult Toshiro outperform ShiKen, RG Byakuya = Shunsui = Jushiro, hell, even Bankai Toshiro is good enough to kill Mayuri, Jushiro and Shunsui were called “transcendent” among the SS captains meaning they were > everyone not Yama and Aizen.

Face it, Unohana is mid tier among Captains, low-high tier at best. In TYBW, we got 7 captains at the time stronger than her, HM has half of the captains performing better than her only statement, and SS still makes her the 5th strongest. And please don’t bring up the Databook stats and her having the highest total outside of Aizen and Yama. Aizen and Yama are not equal and Yama sure as hell isn’t 60/100 in Strength. I legitimately don’t get where this “Unohana is the strongest besides Aizen and Yama” comes from because her own statement of being the strongest besides Kenpachi is objectively wrong.

Last edited:
My Captain/Former Captain scaling by the end of the HM Arc ( top 10, also **** the Vizards since even Kubo don't give a **** about them )

1. Yamamoto

2. Isshin

3/4 Base Aizen/Kisuke ( they about even, Idc which you argue wins )

5. Gin ( I think his hax lets him edge out over Yoruichi )

6. Post Training+Shunko Armor Yoruichi

7. Unohana

8. Shunsui

9. Jushiro

10. Probably Tosen since he supposed to scale above the Espada even before his Resureccion no?

Then all the others are noobs who cares

Man one shot Aizen and forced him to evolve into ButterflAizen. Literally a better feat than any other Captain.
His reiastu was suppressed and gins spear kinda of ignores durability as it turns to dust and attack the cells. Also gin was literally damaged by bankai ichigo no hollow mask i don't think he would scale any higher than mid tier captain level.
And this Unohana wank … she literally loses to base TYBW Kenny so he is stronger, Mayuri harmed TYBW Kenny and Pernida who evolved to base TYBW Kenny’s level, RG Byakuya and Adult Toshiro outperform ShiKen, RG Byakuya = Shunsui = Jushiro, hell, even Bankai Toshiro is good enough to kill Mayuri, Jushiro and Shunsui were called “transcendent” among the SS captains meaning they were > everyone not Yama and Aizen.
Yeah this is straight wank. Just cause you can harm doesn't mean you scale to them. This kinda of been a thing with bleach can name you countless characters who were harmed by someone weaker than them and it's not just bleach this happens in every major shonen series.But myuir attacked kenpachi off guard also myuir scales relative to zombie toshiro. Base kenpachi stated he could have easily cutt a stronger bankai toshiro in half if he didn't hold back. Which means kenpachi in base scales massively above myuir and toshiro. Gerard in base was literally smacking around toshiro and byakauya. Byakauya even stated they couldn't beat him by them selves. Only time they ever didn't anything to Gerard he was frozen and his durability was nullified. And i agree shunsui and jishiro are implied to be above the other captains. But not uhnohana when she's in her serious mode. While all the other captains were being bodied kenpachi was ragdolling sternritter left and right. The same kenpachi was no diffed by uhnaona. I don't see a single captain no diffing kenpachi like that. Hell the ss was afraid to keep training kenpachi. Stating if he got any stronger they won't have the means to stop him. This suggests even before uhnonha trying he was already all the captains except aizen and yama.
Face it, Unohana is mid tier among Captains, low-high tier at best. In TYBW, we got 7 captains at the time stronger than her, HM has half of the captains performing better than her only statement, and SS still makes her the 5th strongest. And please don’t bring up the Databook stats and her having the highest total outside of Aizen and Yama. Aizen and Yama are not equal and Yama sure as hell isn’t 60/100 in speed. I legitimately don’t get where this “Unohana is the strongest besides Aizen and Yama” comes from because her own statement of being the strongest besides Kenpachi is objectively wrong.
Bruhh you did not just say uhnaona is mid tier. Lmao. I guess the name kenpachi means nothing to you. The name is givin to strongest m combat soul reaper. None of the Captains can contest kenpachi or unohana in pure combat match. Kenpachi pre tybw beat the strongest espada cien and Azashiro. Uhohana negs that same kenpachi. She's clearly in that top tier of power amongst the Capitans. She legit no one could beat her but kenpachi

My Captain/Former Captain scaling by the end of the HM Arc ( top 10, also **** the Vizards since even Kubo don't give a **** about them )

1. Yamamoto

2. Isshin

3/4 Base Aizen/Kisuke ( they about even, Idc which you argue wins )

5. Gin ( I think his hax lets him edge out over Yoruichi )

6. Post Training+Shunko Armor Yoruichi

7. Unohana

8. Shunsui

9. Jushiro

10. Probably Tosen since he supposed to scale above the Espada even before his Resureccion no?

Then all the others are noobs who cares
What’s the reasoning for Isshin? Mine probably goes like this
  1. Yama
  2. Aizen
  3. Kisuke
  4. Gin
  5. Isshin
  6. Yoruichi
  7. Tosen
  8. Kenpachi
  9. Byakuya
  10. Sajin
Honorable mention: Unohana

4-6 can be potentially be swapped around.

Last edited:
What’s the reasoning for Isshin? Mine probably goes like this
  1. Yama
  2. Aizen
  3. Kisuke
  4. Gin
  5. Isshin
  6. Yoruichi
  7. Tosen
  8. Kenpachi
  9. Byakuya
  10. Unohana
4-6 can be potentially be swapped around.

1. Given how well Base Isshin did against Base Aizen ( dude ******* flipped him off into several buildings lmao and he still had Shikai and Bankai in reserve. Idk about Shikai but I think Bankai Isshin should scale above Base Aizen )

2. Unohana too low. She legit stomped Beginning of TBYW Kenpachi over and over again with pretty much no difficulty and this Kenpachi stronger than fullbringer arc self who should scale above his time skip self who beat a guy confirmed on par with VL Ichigo who pretty much scales above most captains at that point

3. ....How are Shunsui and Jushiro not on your list the **** 💀

His reiastu was suppressed and gins spear kinda of ignores durability as it turns to dust and attack the cells. Also gin was literally damaged by bankai ichigo no hollow mask i don't think he would scale any higher than mid tier captain level.

Yeah this is straight wank. Just cause you can harm doesn't mean you scale to them.
Right so you immediately contradicted your own argument. Also being able to harm people is literally how they scale in the first place.
This kinda of been a thing with bleach can name you countless characters who were harmed by someone weaker than them and it's not just bleach this happens in every major shonen series.But myuir attacked kenpachi off guard also myuir scales relative to zombie toshiro.
Mayuri stabbed Kenpachi when he was trying to fight Pernida meaning his reiatsu would be up and Mayuri’s Bankai managed to rip apart Pernida. He scales.
Base kenpachi stated he could have easily cutt a stronger bankai toshiro in half if he didn't hold back.
That Kenpachi is stronger than the one who oneshot Unohana. The Gremmy and Femritters fight brought Kenny close to death which he healed from. Zenkai amps mean this isn’t an antifeat.
Which means kenpachi in base scales massively above myuir and toshiro. Gerard in base was literally smacking around toshiro and byakauya. Byakauya even stated they couldn't beat him by them selves. Only time they ever didn't anything to Gerard he was frozen and his durability was nullified.
You must have missed the context of them not being able to shit down his regen. Bankai Byakuya blocked multiple hits and killed Gerard’s 2nd strongest form before the Gotei’s MVP Yhwach came in and solved their problems again.
And i agree shunsui and jishiro are implied to be above the other captains. But not uhnohana when she's in her serious mode.
You’re right. They’re not implied to be above the other Captains, they are shown.
While all the other captains were being bodied kenpachi was ragdolling sternritter left and right.
Captains got bodied because of context. Byakuya wasn’t losing to As Nodt before hax stepped in or did you forget him dealing with Mask instantly and specifically using his Bankai to figure out how they got sealed? And then said Renji could still beat As Nodt and Mask if he used his Bankai? Unlike Kenny, the rest had Bankai to be stolen and 2 of the Ritters he fought got in each other’s way. Said Ritters also have no feats besides Loyd scaling to Kenny except that Kenny massively outskills. Shunsui got offguarded by Robert while he was distracted.
The same kenpachi was no diffed by uhnaona. I don't see a single captain no diffing kenpachi like that. Hell the ss was afraid to keep training kenpachi. Stating if he got any stronger they won't have the means to stop him. This suggests even before uhnonha trying he was already all the captains except aizen and yama.
… except that Kenpachi has gotten plenty stronger since the training and he still wasn’t stronger than the rest of the Gotei. They were afraid to train him because he is a monster and if he reached his potential, he would be stronger than everyone else. Which he is. CFYOW Kenny slaps every generation of the Gotei that doesn’t have this specific version of him in it at the same time.
Bruhh you did not just say uhnaona is mid tier.
Yes, yes I did. She is the Ulquiorra of the captain when it comes to scaling but unlike Ulq go at least has flashy explosions and super secret form that would make him exempt from all the power statements of not for his own statements and the databooks, Retsu has one statement that is contradicted by feats from a third of the cast.
Lmao. I guess the name kenpachi means nothing to you. The name is givin to strongest m combat soul reaper.
One, the Kenpachi name hasn’t ever meant anything until CFYOW. That Kenny is actually the strongest Shinigami. Everyone prior was never the strongest because Yama existed.
None of the Captains can contest kenpachi or unohana in pure combat match.
Except that Byakuya has? Aizen and Yama would slap them both at the same time?
Kenpachi pre tybw beat the strongest espada cien and Azashiro.
And this matters why? Azashiro only doesn’t lose to people because he has fused with everything and Cien is trash to 2nd Invasion characters that got stronger.
Uhohana negs that same kenpachi. She's clearly in that top tier of power amongst the Capitans. She legit no one could beat her but kenpachi
Then why does everyone I listed have better feats and scaling than her? Adult Toshiro cut through Hoffnung instantly whereas ShiKen with two hands and no eyepatch could only chip it. Byakuya blocks several attacks from the same or stronger Gerard and manages to kill him. Strongest Sternritter = Gremmy who has his power split among the SS. If each have a quarter of his power in their base, Vollstandig makes them 125% Gremmy if it’s just x5, 250% Gremmy if it’s x10. Either way, the SS using Vollstandig > Base Muken Kenny who one shots Unohana.

1. Given how well Base Isshin did against Base Aizen ( dude ******* flipped him off into several buildings lmao and he still had Shikai and Bankai in reserve. Idk about Shikai but I think Bankai Isshin should scale above Base Aizen )

2. Unohana too low. She legit stomped Beginning of TBYW Kenpachi over and over again with pretty much no difficulty and this Kenpachi stronger than fullbringer arc self who should scale above his time skip self who beat a guy confirmed on par with VL Ichigo who pretty much scales above most captains at that point
She verbatim compares her reiatsu to a mentally nerfed 50% Bankai Ichigo. Kenny and Byakuya beat up Monkey Yammy > Dino Yammy whose dura = the same mentally nerfed 50% Bankai Ichigo but while he used his Mask. This means she scales to Dino Yammy > the other Espada and Yammy is essentially the benchmark for anyone to be top tier in FKT. No Cero Espada scaling? No entry onto the list.

Edit: Actually, speaking of Cero Espada scaling, Bankai Sajin mangles the shit out of Masked Tōsen’s arm the moment he lands a hit. Sajin > Unohana in FKT too. Bitch ain’t even top 10 people in the arc.
3. ....How are Shunsui and Jushiro not on your list the **** 💀
Because they couldn’t beat Starrk 2v1? Starrk fought two 1v2s, got a mental nerf from the other Espada taking Ls, a sneak attack by Shunsui and then only died to a massively amped strike from Shunsui where the damage is >>> what is actually shown.

Right so you immediately contradicted your own argument. Also being able to harm people is literally how they scale in the first place.
I meant to say gin was damged by bankai ichigos getsuga. So he scales nowhere near the like of even base aizen. Hell gin even stated aizen had no equal. Which means he admitted aizen was stronger
Mayuri stabbed Kenpachi when he was trying to fight Pernida meaning his reiatsu would be up and Mayuri’s Bankai managed to rip apart Pernida. He scales.
Mayuri beat pernida with hax first of all. His reiastu is not focused on his back where myuir stabbed and kenpachi holds back a lot so was likely not even using his full power in that instance. But even hurting someone in bleach doesn't mean you scale to them. For example

Wonder wise knocked yamamoto through multi building because he was off guard. Later when he was on guard he couldn't do anything to him

Ichigo being knocked through multiple buildings by stern p. We also later find out hes holding back

Yammy being damaged by kenpachi who's reiastu was around nnorritira level at the time.

Condom aizen being harmed by isshin and kisuke despite his reiastu being on another dimension compared to theirs.
That Kenpachi is stronger than the one who oneshot Unohana. The Gremmy and Femritters fight brought Kenny close to death which he healed from. Zenkai amps mean this isn’t an antifeat.
Irrelevant. Your premise was myuir scaling to base kenpachi. Which i proved he doesn't. Myuir scales to zombie toshiro. Kenpachi in base scales above a much stronger toshiro.
You must have missed the context of them not being able to shit down his regen. Bankai Byakuya blocked multiple hits and killed Gerard’s 2nd strongest form before the Gotei’s MVP Yhwach came in and solved their problems again.
Bruhh are we reading the same manga?

Byakauya stated base Gerard is hard to fight one on one. Essential considering he's stronger then him

Gerard in base smacks him and his bankai around multiple times

Gerard stated their reiastu is small in comparison to his own.

So in noway would he scale to any of his higher forms.

You’re right. They’re not implied to be above the other Captains, they are shown.

Captains got bodied because of context. Byakuya wasn’t losing to As Nodt before hax stepped in or did you forget him dealing with Mask instantly and specifically using his Bankai to figure out how they got sealed? And then said Renji could still beat As Nodt and Mask if he used his Bankai? Unlike Kenny, the rest had Bankai to be stolen and 2 of the Ritters he fought got in each other’s way. Said Ritters also have no feats besides Loyd scaling to Kenny except that Kenny massively outskills. Shunsui got offguarded by Robert while he was distracted.

… except that Kenpachi has gotten plenty stronger since the training and he still wasn’t stronger than the rest of the Gotei. They were afraid to train him because he is a monster and if he reached his potential, he would be stronger than everyone else. Which he is. CFYOW Kenny slaps every generation of the Gotei that doesn’t have this specific version of him in it at the same time.

Yes, yes I did. She is the Ulquiorra of the captain when it comes to scaling but unlike Ulq go at least has flashy explosions and super secret form that would make him exempt from all the power statements of not for his own statements and the databooks, Retsu has one statement that is contradicted by feats from a third of the cast.

One, the Kenpachi name hasn’t ever meant anything until CFYOW. That Kenny is actually the strongest Shinigami. Everyone prior was never the strongest because Yama existed.
Wrong read spafwy character profile page. It's stated he's the strongest soul reaper and shunsui directly stated he was stronger then everyone. Tho Im sure he's not including yama and uhnohana.
Except that Byakuya has? Aizen and Yama would slap them both at the same time?

And this matters why? Azashiro only doesn’t lose to people because he has fused with everything and Cien is trash to 2nd Invasion characters that got stronger.
Cien would legit body all the captains except kenpachi and yamamoto. Grimmjow is stated weaker then barrgan. None of the qunicy wanted to fight him. Taukishima stated he was too strong to fight. Ikimokidomie and hikone in base are implied to be stronger then everyone except ginjo,kenpachi and aura. And their like barragan to starrk level in power.
Then why does everyone I listed have better feats and scaling than her? Adult Toshiro cut through Hoffnung instantly whereas ShiKen with two hands and no eyepatch could only chip it. Byakuya blocks several attacks from the same or stronger Gerard and manages to kill him. Strongest Sternritter = Gremmy who has his power split among the SS. If each have a quarter of his power in their base, Vollstandig makes them 125% Gremmy if it’s just x5, 250% Gremmy if it’s x10. Either way, the SS using Vollstandig > Base Muken Kenny who one shots Unohana.
Cutt through huffnug cause he froze it. His ice negates durability like i said earlier. He froze Gerard and his body literally crumbled away. Same thing happened when rukai froze asnot he crumbled away. It's consist theme with ice type abilities.

"Unohana has no business claiming she's the strongest"

Uh yeah she does, the people who scale above her (prior to her death) within the Gotei 13 are Yamamoto. That's all. Everyone else isn't part of the Gotei 13, and when she made that statement while fighting Kenpachi it was during the early TYBW, as a member of the Gotei 13. Even then the only Captains (ex-Captains included) that have scaling or possible scaling above Unohana are: Isshin (a member of the royal Shiba family, royal families being predisposed to strength), Kisuke (an Aizen level character), Aizen (a nigh-unparalleled Shinigami), Yoruichi only when she has special assault armor (aka she doesnt normally), a very hard maybe for Tosen after stacking two Hollow amps (and that's only if you lowball Unohana and wank the Hollow amp multipliers), a very hard maybe for Gin (you really gotta suck off him harming an off guard nerfed Aizen and jerk off his databook statement about being an unparalleled prodigy).

Unohana > early TYBW Kenpachi > LAA Kenpachi > SAFWY Kenpachi > 100% Res Cien > 100% Cien >>> 60% Cien (Cien gaining less than half of his total percent is stated to be an exponential amp far above 2x) >>> 30% Cien > Angry Res Yammy > Res Yammy ~ half power mentally nerfed HM Ichigo > mentally nerfed Bankai Ichigo ~ Gin

Even if you for whatever reason ignore SAFWY, you can just blot out Cien and still see how Unohana has a far higher scaling chain above Espada 0 than Gin or Tosen.

And at best you can argue Res Tosen is unquantifiably above Res Yammy narratively.

Unohana wank has been replaced by Unohana downplay 😭

The most underrated Person in Bleach is Rudbornn, bro Overwhelmed Bambietta- who has Huge Aoe Attacks, a lot of captains would lose to Rusbornn,just because of sheer number advantage.By the end of the fight vs Bambietta,Rudbornn had hundreds of Thousands Hollows under his control.

Aizen lowered his own level when Gin damaged him, his reiatsu was being sensed by the likes of Tatsuki and the rest at that time.

Remember Aizen purposely let himself hit by it to see how gin would have betrayed him. At that point he was suppressing himself to be felt by others too.

I legitimately don’t get where this “Unohana is the strongest besides Aizen and Yama” comes from because her own statement of being the strongest besides Kenpachi is objectively wrong.
Unohana say she is the strongest is more a narrative frame at that point to fit the dialogues of her speech, it’s not an absolute statement, the manga say various time kenpachi is not the strongest shinigami, but to quote the manga “the one who slain the most, the one who loves fight the most”, and it mostly depends on who kill who.

but Unohana is still basically the strongest since she scales above fullbring arc kenpachi, except yama who is the very strongest and Aizen who was a traitor and no one really knew how much strong he was until he clapped everyone

unohana would win against everyone else

You know i was thinking,names in Bleach are very important and all have meaning. Sou would Muken being named that, be literally what it is, an Infinite Hell?

You know i was thinking,names in Bleach are very important and all have meaning. Sou would Muken being named that, be literally what it is, an Infinite Hell?
Used to use the same logic, but a databook implies otherwise
unknown.png

Back