• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Does someone remember a statement about SK being transcendent/transcending everything?

I want to give him and SK absorbed Yhwach the same resistance that Aizen just got.

Maybe Hikone too, but I don't really remember if it was directly stated that Hikone was transcendent.

Yhwach absorbed aizen to. He should have all his powers to

He obviously didn't absorb him though, otherwise Aizen wouldn't exist in the series currently, and there's not really any indication that that's what he did in the first place.

Regen doesn't counter absorption like that

Also, clearly the people Yhwach absorbed don't just pop outside his body when he dies, otherwise we'd see Mimihagi after Yhwach died, so if Yhwach really absorbed Aizen, he'd still be absorbed in Yhwach's corpse.

Lastly, again, what indication is there that Yhwach even absorbed Aizen? We see him absorb two people and it looks nothing like what he did before Ichigo killed him

Agree with Purgy here. He just smothered him and put him down with his energy like he tried to do to Ichigo when he started destroying everything

Regen doesn't counter absorption like that
Why? His body is gone and he made a new one to come back. That’s exactly how godly regen works.
Also, clearly the people Yhwach absorbed don't just pop outside his body when he dies, otherwise we'd see Mimihagi after Yhwach died, so if Yhwach really absorbed Aizen, he'd still be absorbed in Yhwach's corpse.
Are they Aizen with godly regen? No? Then they don’t matter. The only one who matters is Gerard except Yhwach stole the Miracle.
Lastly, again, what indication is there that Yhwach even absorbed Aizen? We see him absorb two people and it looks nothing like what he did before Ichigo killed him
His energy springs up and envelopes Aizen from behind where he gets pulled into the mass of reiatsu. Yhwach never moves from his spot once he gets back besides move further up into the sky because big blob of reiatsu. He gets negged by Stil Silver, and Ichigo kills him. If Aizen was simply restrained, then he would still be where the fight took place, at Mayuri’s lab in the 12th Division but he wakes up/appears at the 1st Division Barracks. And yes Aizen was at Mayuri’s lab since that’s where they left him when they called a truce with the Sternritter to fight Yhwach. Aizen can’t move in the chair and he has no way to know where Yhwach will appear so it would make no sense to entertain the idea that he decided to go for a stroll after the Gotei and Ritters invaded Reiokyu.

Why? His body is gone and he made a new one to come back. That’s exactly how godly regen works.

Are they Aizen with godly regen? No? Then they don’t matter. The only one who matters is Gerard except Yhwach stole the Miracle.

His energy springs up and envelopes Aizen from behind where he gets pulled into the mass of reiatsu. Yhwach never moves from his spot once he gets back besides move further up into the sky because big blob of reiatsu. He gets negged by Stil Silver, and Ichigo kills him. If Aizen was simply restrained, then he would still be where the fight took place, at Mayuri’s lab in the 12th Division but he wakes up/appears at the 1st Division Barracks. And yes Aizen was at Mayuri’s lab since that’s where they left him when they called a truce with the Sternritter to fight Yhwach. Aizen can’t move in the chair and he has no way to know where Yhwach will appear so it would make no sense to entertain the idea that he decided to go for a stroll after the Gotei and Ritters invaded Reiokyu.
Because his body isn't damaged, there's nothing for him to regenerate, being absorbed isn't the same thing as being damaged.

Again, never has regen countered absorption... That's just now how those abilities work...

Again again, there's zero indication he was absorbing him, we visibly see him absorb two other characters and it looks nothing like that, it's far more likely that he was slowly killing Aizen with his Reiatsu while he was trying to destroy the realms.

So if someone absorbs your arm, you are saying that a missing arm doesn’t count as suffering damage? Absorption does cause damage even if it isn’t in the conventional sense.

Yeah, that’s an opinion.

So Aizen just randomly disappeared from the 12th Division and appeared at the 1st Division because Yhwach restrained him? Aight.

You mean Mimihagi and SK? The former who is a being of pure energy and resembled Gerard (another being of energy) being ripped apart and drawn towards Yhwach in pieces while the SK’s absorption caused a swell of the same black reiatsu that occurred with Aizen?

@AnonymousBlank, IIRC it wasn't like that.
The fight ended at the 12 division, but later after many days, they showed Aizen in the 1st barracks, sealed on a chair.
So it can mean that he wasn't found there but they put him on the chair again and took him to the 1st barracks, because Muken is there, as Shunsui starts the conversation with "any last words".

So if someone absorbs your arm, you are saying that a missing arm doesn’t count as suffering damage? Absorption does cause damage even if it isn’t in the conventional sense.

Yeah, that’s an opinion.

So Aizen just randomly disappeared from the 12th Division and appeared at the 1st Division because Yhwach restrained him? Aight.

You mean Mimihagi and SK? The former who is a being of pure energy and resembled Gerard (another being of energy) being ripped apart and drawn towards Yhwach in pieces while the SK’s absorption caused a swell of the same black reiatsu that occurred with Aizen?
Why use an example that has absolutely nothing to do with what you're arguing?

Either Aizen was absorbed, or he wasn't, it's not a piece of him, it's his entire essence, not just his physical body, his consciousness and everything gets absorbed, you're essentially arguing that Aizen can just create a new avatar after being absorbed which is not only entirely baseless, but it doesn't make a single bit of sense.

It's not an opinion, it's just how things work, go ahead and show me a single time someone just regenerated themselves back into existence after being absorbed, the idea itself is just laughable.

The only reason black Reiatsu appeared when Yhwach absorbed SK is because that's literally SK's Reiatsu, not because that's how his absorption works, and even so, it looked absolutely nothing like what Yhwach did before he died.

Your entire argument is based on a guess, nowhere is it confirmed or even hinted that Yhwach was absorbing them, it's entirely baseless, no idea why I'm even wasting my time trying to refute it, if you made a CRT for it, you'd probably be laughed at, and rightfully so, because it's ridiculous.

Now that I think about it, the way Aizen just appears tied to his chair is kinda corny. Had he wanted, he could've tried to achieve his past goals. I doubt he'd just quietly let them seal him again.
Damn it Kubo! Why did your arm have to get f*cked like that? There's actually a lot of hints that he wanted Aizen to be the final villain and not Yhwach.

Now that I think about it, the way Aizen just appears tied to his chair is kinda corny. Had he wanted, he could've tried to achieve his past goals. I doubt he'd just quietly let them seal him again.
Damn it Kubo! Why did your arm have to get f*cked like that? There's actually a lot of hints that he wanted Aizen to be the final villain and not Yhwach.
Either he let them seal himself, or he lost consciousness and they carried him to the chair, we don't know.

Why use an example that has absolutely nothing to do with what you're arguing?
Because it’s an analogy. You claim that absorption wouldn’t count as damage and I gave you an example for why. Losing part of you is damage just like all of your body being gone.
Either Aizen was absorbed, or he wasn't, it's not a piece of him, it's his entire essence, not just his physical body, his consciousness and everything gets absorbed, you're essentially arguing that Aizen can just create a new avatar after being absorbed which is not only entirely baseless, but it doesn't make a single bit of sense.
So being erased means you can’t regen from it. After all, your entire body is gone. Don’t be stupid about this dude. Being absorbed is the same as receiving damage so if Aizen has godly regen, he can regen from it. The only thing that would stop Aizen is if Yhwach’s absorption is beyond Aizen’s regen. It isn’t.
It's not an opinion, it's just how things work, go ahead and show me a single time someone just regenerated themselves back into existence after being absorbed, the idea itself is just laughable.
I don’t have to when being absorbed is the same as receiving damage. Go make the CRT and remove all godly regen from the wiki or else drop this stupidity that people can’t regen from no longer existing.
The only reason black Reiatsu appeared when Yhwach absorbed SK is because that's literally SK's Reiatsu, not because that's how his absorption works, and even so, it looked absolutely nothing like what Yhwach did before he died.
Yhwach’s reiatsu is already black. We see this when he covers the Shakonmaku right before absorbing the SK and Jugo also gains the same shadowy reiatsu when he Yhwach sleeps. SK’s is black but also a bunch of eyeball creatures.
Your entire argument is based on a guess, nowhere is it confirmed or even hinted that Yhwach was absorbing them, it's entirely baseless, no idea why I'm even wasting my time trying to refute it, if you made a CRT for it, you'd probably be laughed at, and rightfully so, because it's ridiculous.
What guess? Mine is an explanation based on what we know of both Yhwach and Aizen. Yours is based on some stupid belief that absorption stops godly regen and completely ignores everything about the event. We see Aizen consumed by Yhwach’s reiatsu, he is completely gone, next we hear of his whereabouts, it’s a hundreds of KM away. Every time Yhwach decides to directly absorb a person, they are completely gone with no trace of them left.

If it isn’t absorption, what is it?

for me it was clear that yhwach would absorb Aizen and everyone. Also due to the fact that he unified the 3 worlds, and this has to do with the mass as well, since he was about to cover everything with the black cloak.

for me it was clear that yhwach would absorb Aizen and everyone. Also due to the fact that he unified the 3 worlds, and this has to do with the mass as well, since he was about to cover everything with the black cloak.
You saying Yhwach was going to absorb all three realms into his body? 🤔

Why are people arguing about this? He never absorbed him lol. Gerard has the same regen as Aizen and he never returned after Yhwach absorbed him. He absorbed Ichigo’s powers yet Ichigo didn’t magically disappear and reappear again. He literally just wrecked Aizen’s shit when he came back, further proof being when Ichigo got hit with the same energy Aizen did and was showing clear signs it was hurting him (and destroying everything in the Bleach world) I really hope people don’t try and make a crt that Yhwach has Aizen’s abilities now because that would be funny as hell

@AnonymousBlank please prove that you can show why 2 characters who have the same regeneration somehow both survived when one did and the other clearly didn’t

I just remember a big narrative emphasis being put on Yhwach absorbing Ichigo's powers but I didn't see one for Aizen.

You saying Yhwach was going to absorb all three realms into his body? 🤔
No..

he would probably shape the 3 worlds. And from this create the origin world. It is certainly related to altering mass, or absorbing, as its power already allowed it to create things. It wouldn't make sense for him to cover the 3 worlds with the black cloak if it wasn't like that

No..

he would probably shape the 3 worlds. And from this create the origin world. It is certainly related to altering mass, or absorbing, as its power already allowed it to create things. It wouldn't make sense for him to cover the 3 worlds with the black cloak if it wasn't like that
You said no and then still said he might be absorbing them lmao
He was clearly destroying everything. It wouldn’t make any sense in the world he was absorbing everything because there would be only him left after everything

Why are people arguing about this? He never absorbed him lol.
An opinion.
Gerard has the same regen as Aizen and he never returned after Yhwach absorbed him.
Same level, different mechanics. Different ways of absorption too. That and Auswhalen is the most inconsistent ability in all of Bleach. Sometimes it steals the Quincies’ Vollstandig, others their life, the actual Quincy abilities for some etc. It never has a consistent showing but since it taking the lives of Quincies is a thing, it just death manip’d Gerard. The absorption used on Mimi and SK didn’t involve any of that and just absorbed their power and bodies but it was very clearly not Auswhalen.
He absorbed Ichigo’s powers yet Ichigo didn’t magically disappear and reappear again.
He never absorbed Ichigo, only his powers so this is a false equivalence.
He literally just wrecked Aizen’s shit when he came back, further proof being when Ichigo got hit with the same energy Aizen did and was showing clear signs it was hurting him
I’m confused. Why does showing pain matter?
(and destroying everything in the Bleach world) I really hope people don’t try and make a crt that Yhwach has Aizen’s abilities now because that would be funny as hell
Why would he have the same powers? Yhwach doesn’t gain the powers of those he absorbs, just their actual power. Auswhalen is a different story since that is a different method of absorption that is directly stated to take and give him their powers.
@AnonymousBlank please prove that you can show why 2 characters who have the same regeneration somehow both survived when one did and the other clearly didn’t
Sure, read above.

An opinion.

Same level, different mechanics. Different ways of absorption too. That and Auswhalen is the most inconsistent ability in all of Bleach. Sometimes it steals the Quincies’ Vollstandig, others their life, the actual Quincy abilities for some etc. It never has a consistent showing but since it taking the lives of Quincies is a thing, it just death manip’d Gerard. The absorption used on Mimi and SK didn’t involve any of that and just absorbed their power and bodies but it was very clearly not Auswhalen.

He never absorbed Ichigo, only his powers so this is a false equivalence.

I’m confused. Why does showing pain matter?

Why would he have the same powers? Yhwach doesn’t gain the powers of those he absorbs, just their actual power. Auswhalen is a different story since that is a different method of absorption that is directly stated to take and give him their powers.

Sure, read above.
Honestly there’s so much speculation that’s I think it’s not really worth arguing over lol. You can’t say yeah both have godly regen then say oh wait, they work on different mechanics. The false equivalence on Ichigo makes no god damn sense. If he could somehow absorb Aizen entirely the why didn’t he do the same to Ichigo when he knew he was a potential threat to him? This entire absorbing Aizen thing is so headcannon I can’t wrap my mind around it

You said no and then still said he might be absorbing them lmao
He was clearly destroying everything. It wouldn’t make any sense in the world he was absorbing everything because there would be only him left after everything
maybe I wasn't very clear.

yhwach has already shown to be able to absorb powers, was able to absorb SK, as well as quincys (some like Gerard even mass).

Keeping this in mind, as well as his ability to create things, alter physical parts of the SS, move things, etc., and his goal of unifying 3 worlds, it's pretty clear that by using his black cloak to cover the 3 worlds, he would likely alter the physical structure of these worlds and it would create something new.

Regarding what you are talking about absorbing Aizen, for me yhwach was with the intention of absorbing everyone who was there, like Aizen, ichigo and etc.. but it was stopped by the arrow before it finish and his powers interrupted

58a0d0d71406b3317de9d1353c8c44f9.jpg
de48ec83b3ae745ae2e1584acd98b400.jpg
ce9658dc4560d4b6ac49748f5edf3fab.jpg
90989ac3888b2b0d3df60e97551b8de4.jpg

Honestly there’s so much speculation that’s I think it’s not really worth arguing over lol. You can’t say yeah both have godly regen then say oh wait, they work on different mechanics.
But I can? Their low godly regen work in different ways, come from different powers, they were hit by two different types of absorption etc. Why on earth would we limit Aizen by what Gerard is capable of when there is no connection besides their level of regen? Do I scale to Iron Fist or Hulk just cuz I can make a fist and punch things
The false equivalence on Ichigo makes no god damn sense. If he could somehow absorb Aizen entirely the why didn’t he do the same to Ichigo when he knew he was a potential threat to him?
  1. It is a false equivalence. Yhwach wasn’t trying to absorb Ichigo’s physical form and only went for his powers. We know it’s a different form of absorption by the fact we are told only Ichigo’s powers were disappearing and the visual cues of the Blut which never appeared when anything else was absorbed.
  2. Aizen is irrelevant to this point. Yhwach absorbed all of SK so why didn’t he do the same to Ichigo? Cuz he chose not to do it, just like all of the Schrifts that he has.
This entire absorbing Aizen thing is so headcannon I can’t wrap my mind around it
This coming from someone who thinks the actual mechanics of regen and absorption don’t matter and that it will be the same result no matter what? Yeah, I’d rather spout head canon than have no clue what I am talking about. Sucks that you don’t even have being in the right going for you.

i think so
so that means Quincy can EE a soul reaper right?

"And so Orihime had been set to treating patients who had been so
seriously injured that they had no other hope. Those who had gotten past
the worst of their injuries were handed over to the Fourth Company for
treatment. Those with fatal injuries who hadn’t been reached soon enough,
those whose konpaku had completely disappeared, and those who had left
no trace of themselves behind couldn’t be saved by the Twin-God
Reflection Shield. Even Orihime’s powers, which had once restored an
Arrancar with a blasted upper body, had its limits."

In Bleach 357 anime-only Chad and Orihime defeated Tsukishima and he got away because his Book of the End made Orihime and Chad doubt themselves about who he is to them in the past with hax. LMAO

"And so Orihime had been set to treating patients who had been so
seriously injured that they had no other hope. Those who had gotten past
the worst of their injuries were handed over to the Fourth Company for
treatment. Those with fatal injuries who hadn’t been reached soon enough,
those whose konpaku had completely disappeared, and those who had left
But Yamamoto was sent on to Hell after Yhwach destroyed his entire konpaku.

those whose konpaku had completely disappeared
this statement could mean it was too late and their souls went back to the soul cycle so not necessarily

and those who had left
this seems to be implying orihime needs at least a part of the person left to heal, and the shinighamis body doesnt need to be erased for no part to be present for orihime, you can argue the shinigamis body just went back to soul societys earth as kaien explained

this statement could mean it was too late and their souls went back to the soul cycle so not necessarily
this is headcanon tbh, it only says there are soul reapers who got their souls completely destroyed
But Yamamoto was sent on to Hell after Yhwach destroyed his entire konpaku.
Yama might be the second option "and those who had left no trace of themselves behind", it clearly says there are soul reapers who left no trace and there are others who got their souls completely destroyed
this seems to be implying orihime needs at least a part of the person left to heal
that's right

this seems to be implying orihime needs at least a part of the person left to heal, and the shinighamis body doesnt need to be erased for no part to be present for orihime, you can argue the shinigamis body just went back to soul societys earth as kaien explained
This is kinda weird to me since she complained about this with Hachi because she couldn’t bring back Tsubaki but Hachi says her barriers are like his and just snapped Tsubaki back into existence without any part of him. Between the comparison and how Aizen hypes tf out of her SSR, it seems weird that she can’t do the same thing Hachi can.

Back