• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bakiverse possible outliers: electric boogaloo

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
In this post we're about to discuss wether some Baki statements and feats for the godtiers are outliers or not.

Notable feats/statements:

Nami no Sukune II doing an "earthquake"; --> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMOB6bkHcI
Yuichiro surviving 1000 tons of ammo; --> https://youtu.be/yVBS6eV12co

Yujiro stopping an earthquake with a punch; --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQPxPWtPsRA
Yujiro being stated to be above the USA military and above the impact of an atomic bomb.
--> https://imgur.com/a/pepWi and https://imgur.com/tjoXn2s

At first, i'd like to note Nami isn't really an earthquake, more like him shaking the ground in a way smaller area. And Yuichiro survives 1000 tons of ammo in separated assaults, not in one go, so it's not as qualified as the other ones.

After this, i'd like to note the Bakiverse is full of massive outliers.

Yujiro having to dodge a wall lvl attack from Kaku Kaioh --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5AafmhXfjc (6:26) and Baki stating no human could do that punch.

Oliva stating he has trained to the utmost limits while the illustration shows his training: pushing a military cargo ship mid-fly to the ground, while that should be easy to do if he was truly Small Town tier. This happens in the middle of his fight with Baki.

And i'm pretty sure people who recall the manga more clearly than i do also recall ridiculous claims like these above.

Thank you for making a separate thread first off.

My opinion on the matter is that a calc would be best for Nomi and Yujiro's "earthquake feats" if it's possible.

Yuichiro's feat is simple he should scale to whatever a bombing run in real life scales to and that would be his causal base durability.

Yujiro is also stated to be weaker than an atomic bomb by high ranking US officials. They say any weapon weaker than a nuke wouldn't kill him but a nuke probably would. They don't use one due to civilians and also the fear that Yujiro might survive the blast and then he'll go on a rampage.

As for the earthquake feat itself I see no issues with 7-C Yujiro as he is the god tier of the verse and the lower tiers can't even harm him when he's casual let alone trying. Even in his prime Doppo who is one of the strongest side characters, could only stun Yujiro but couldn't harm him at all. So the logic of "he's too much stronger than the mid tiers" makes no sense.

The manga does have some crazy scenes as I expressed in the other thread, I explained the Kaku feat as best I could and how it's AP focussed like Aiki tho so I wouldn't use that as an example.

My view on outliers is that if the god tiers of a verse does one feat that is above the lower tiers and he is shown to be not much stronger than them, it's an outlier. But if the god tier is far above them (like Yujiro) then there's no reason for it to be an outlier. He is the god of the verse for a reason.

Amlad22 said:
Thank you for making a separate thread first off.
My opinion on the matter is that a calc would be best for Nomi and Yujiro's "earthquake feats" if it's possible.

Yuichiro's feat is simple he should scale to whatever a bombing run in real life scales to and that would be his causal base durability.

Yujiro is also stated to be weaker than an atomic bomb by high ranking US officials. They say any weapon weaker than a nuke wouldn't kill him but a nuke probably would. They don't use one due to civilians and also the fear that Yujiro might survive the blast and then he'll go on a rampage.

As for the earthquake feat itself I see no issues with 7-C Yujiro as he is the god tier of the verse and the lower tiers can't even harm him when he's casual let alone trying. Even in his prime Doppo who is one of the strongest side characters, could only stun Yujiro but couldn't harm him at all. So the logic of "he's too much stronger than the mid tiers" makes no sense.

The manga does have some crazy scenes as I expressed in the other thread, I explained the Kaku feat as best I could and how it's AP focussed like Aiki tho so I wouldn't use that as an example.
Since you seem to be more known of Baki than i, might i ask, in the first fight Yujiro had with Orochi, was he weaker than his current self? I remember Yujiro being weaker than Oliva at some point, but i'm not sure if these fights happened in similar years. I must note that i've never read the first Baki manga, only the other 3.

I think your argument for Kaku Kaioh's punch is flawed mainly because Baki states no human could do that punch, and we even see Yujiro punching the ground (this time in Demon Back) moments later and doing similar damage, so that's another outlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-N3zlPPTgA (3:25)

Doppo clearly hurts base Yujiro. However i'm not sure if this is appliable for the discussion since i think this Yujiro wasn't as strong as he is now.

For the Doppo fight yes Yujiro was weaker by an unknown amount. He is confirmed to have gotten stronger by Baki. So it's even more proof of Yujiro's rating making sense as Doppo couldn't harm him. Lol the scene you linked to literally has Doppo say "I know those punches didn't hurt you" and in the manga he even tells Yujiro to "stop acting". It's all just an act. The YouTube video cuts out that part sadly but I can provide scans if you wish. Yujiro literally isn't harmed in the slightest by a prime Doppo despite being weaker than his later versions tho is my point.

I see where you misunderstand, Baki is saying this due to Kaku being able to redirect Yujiro's energy back at him even stronger, Baki has never seen anyone who can counter Yujiro at all. The best he's ever seen against his father is Doppo who as I said earlier couldn't even harm him at all. At the end of the day not an outlier as it's an AP feat. All Kaku is doing is redirecting Yujiro's energy against him. It would be flawed to calc his punch and try to make a destructive value for it when Kaku is all about potency.

Also when Yujiro punches the ground he is in Base. Might wanna check that scene again. He goes Demon Back when his shirt is ripped off.

Amlad22 said:
For the Doppo fight yes Yujiro was weaker by an unknown amount. He is confirmed to have gotten stronger by Baki. So it's even more proof of Yujiro's rating making sense as Doppo couldn't harm him. Lol the scene you linked to literally has Doppo say "I know those punches didn't hurt you" and in the manga he even tells Yujiro to "stop acting". It's all just an act. The YouTube video cuts out that part sadly but I can provide scans if you wish. Yujiro literally isn't harmed in the slightest by a prime Doppo despite being weaker than his later versions tho is my point.
I see where you misunderstand, Baki is saying this due to Kaku being able to redirect Yujiro's energy back at him even stronger, Baki has never seen anyone who can counter Yujiro at all. The best he's ever seen against his father is Doppo who as I said earlier couldn't even harm him at all. At the end of the day not an outlier as it's an AP feat. All Kaku is doing is redirecting Yujiro's energy against him. It would be flawed to calc his punch and try to make a destructive value for it when Kaku is all about potency.

Also when Yujiro punches the ground he is in Base. Might wanna check that scene again. He goes Demon Back when his shirt is ripped off.
Sorry for saying he was in DB, i'm aware that he only gets in DB when his shirt is ripped off and all that, it's just that i have this bad memory of mine.

Thanks for the awnser, guess Low 7-C / 7-C feats/statements for the god tiers of the Bakiverse aren't outliers then. Guess i'll wait for someone to close this since i don't have any more points to make and the ones i did were debunked.

Ehh this thread look like a nippick

If you really think about downgrade the verse from that then alot of verse are not at level that their are now (coughall long running series in general cough)

Back