• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I got the scaling list

Characters who scale(Low 7-B)
Baki- This one should be obvious for one of the only characters that can on even grounds

Musashi Miyamoto- Another character who should scale as he is the second character in the series to fight evenly with Yujiro

Yuichiro Hanma- Dad of Yujiro so should scale to whatever he does

Pickle- While people do find this iffy I really don’t, physically wise Pickle is up there as one of the strongest of the series with numerous statements of his strength rivaling Yujiros

Kaku- Only low 7-B up to Shaori so he’s scales

Nomi II- Fought Baki evenly and tank his hits while stomping Oliva, he’s definitely scales

Hanayama- Hanayama another character that’s also know with his strength, he’s powerful enough to clash with Pickle and fought Musashi he’s another character who consistently in that tier

Characters who downscale(High-7C+)
Doppo(Prime)- As much as I love Doppo during his Prime, yeah he really doesn’t scale to Yujiro as full power, as soon as Yujiro actually went all out.... yeah

Katsumi- Katsumi is weird, but in the events of Baki Dou ever since he has gotten Retsu arm I feel like scaling him to High 7-C+ should be find as ever since the Pickle fight he had insane AD to get stronger as of Dou II, also should be low 7-B with the hitless blow, he’s also be stated to be above Doppo in strength

Shibukawa- He’s only High 7-C+, likely low 7-B with Aiki

Oliva- He’s gets a High7-C+, likely low 7-B

Jack Hanma- Another character who sadly downscales, poor Jack always fighting characters way out of his league put always coming out alive.

Motobe- Motibe should only get High 7-C+ from his weapons and armor

Ron Shobun- Ron could injure and make Oliva bleed so he should downscale just fine

Jun Guevaru- Scales from fighting and injuring Oliva as well, so he scales too

Iwao Muneuchi- Scales from fighting Prime Doppo so he also scales

Retsu- As mush as I love him, Retsu downscale from harming Musashi during there fight. However he gets low-7B durability with defensive Xiao-Lee

If anyone has a problem with the list they can message it

Last edited:
I’m still personally against this upgrade, but if we get the majority for it we can work out scaling. There would be a lot of people who downscale to High 7-C for sure and a handful of people who directly scale to Yujiro.

This is the most accurate scaling I've seen to date.

Oliva should be High 7-C+, likely Low 7-B.

He becomes fodder right around the time of the father-son fight and becomes complete fodder in Dou.

He becomes fodder right around the time of the father-son fight and becomes complete fodder in Dou.
Thanks man

But there also the question of speed, to those who downscale do the only become MHS or High Hypersonic+

I have plenty of comment to this, but I really don't know how to express it, lol.

About what was proposed on the thread first...

Class K LS: Agreed. Nothing else to comment on, seems straightforward.

8-B to baseline 8-A: Usually, I dislike scaling people by a quake feat exclusively, but in Baki's case, there's plenty of other evidence, so for me, this is fine. But still, I struggle to think who'd scale to this.

7-C to 7-B: I agree an upgrade is due, but to Low 7-B, for reasons other people stated here. It's a much safer bet. I also always thought a 7-B-ish feat range fit much more than 7-C, to be honest. There's also Yuichiro feat of possibly tanking a bombardment that changed an island's geography, although the circumstances make it almost impossible to calc or scale...

Mini MHS Upgrade: Funny thing, I remember seeing a Mach 2000+ calc somewhere on the internet. That being said, I agree with this upgrade; very safe and direct.

Now, onto the scaling proposed, I mostly agree with what's there. I must say however that I'd rank Musashi higher. I do remember him keeping up with Yujiro and being repeatedly stated to be on his level, and that he could even one-shot him. But I may be misremembering, so idk.

I want to say more but idk how to express it, lol

Musashi might just straight up scale to Yujiro since he was stated to come from a time where war, combat, and killing were the norm, making him just as much of a threat as Yujiro.

So those who scale from Oliva should also get a likely key as well?

Musashi might just straight up scale to Yujiro since he was stated to come from a time where war, combat, and killing were the norm, making him just as much of a threat as Yujiro.
Oh yeah Musashi just scales to Yujiro I believe you have to make a hard case he doesn’t lol

Yes. Not only that, but both in a story-wise sense and statement-wise, he was considered an equal to Yujiro, if not even more dangerous due to treating combat very differently.

It was one of Izou's whole points in the arc, about how they were playing with something more deadly that they could fathom, and that explicitly included Yujiro. Izou fully believed that Musashi could and would kill Yujiro given the opportunity.

images

No content what do y’all think this is

Know I’m going off topic, however I’ve already requested the rock feat to be calc and now we’re just going to wait for it

Last edited:
Hanayama- Hanayama another character that’s also know with his strength, he’s powerful enough to clash with Pickle and fought Musashi he’s another character who consistently in that tier
Hanayama should be High 7-C+ likely Low 7-B, he couldn't harm Yujiro at all and Pickle was casual when he matched his strength with him.
Katsumi- Katsumi is weird, but in the events of Baki Dou ever since he has gotten Retsu arm I feel like scaling him to High 7-C+ should be find as ever since the Pickle fight he had insane AD to get stronger as of Dou II, also should be low 7-B with the hitless blow, he’s also be stated to be above Doppo in strength
Katsumi should have an upgrade for Dou II since his Hitless blow doesn't harm him anymore, and he's able to tank attacks from someone who could take it.

Also we have the tiers for the last keys of those characters, but what about the others keys where they scale?
Hanayama has two keys where he scales to the Yujiro-gang for instance. And transformed pickle? And the demon back of both two last Baki keys? And full power musashi?

Here's a list of all the characters who scales more or less directly from Yujiro:

CharacterKeyOld TierNew TierStatut
Baki HanmaRaitai Tournament to Son of OgreLow 7-C, 7-C with Demon Back???To discuss
Baki HanmaEnd of Son of Ogre to Baki Dou7-C in base. Up to 7-C, possibly higher with Demon BackLow 7-B in base. higher with demon backOK
Jack HanmaSon of OgreLow 7-CHigh 7-C+OK
Jack HanmaBaki DouAt least Low 7-CAt least High 7-C+OK
Yuichiro-7-C, higher with Demon BackLow 7-B, higher with Demon BackOK
Yujiro-7-C, higher with Demon BackLow 7-B, higher with Demon BackOK
Oliva-7-CHigh 7-C+, likely low 7-BOK
HanayamaSon of OgreAt least Low 7-C???To discuss
HanayamaBaki DouAt least Low 7-C, likely 7-CLow 7-B ?To discuss
PickleBase7-CLow 7-BOK
PickleTransformed7-C, possibly higher???To discuss
MotobeBaki douAt least 9-A, likely far higher physically, Low 7-C with equipmentAt least 9-A, likely far higher physically, High 7-C+ with equipmentOK
MusashiBase7-CLow 7-BOK
MusashiFull power7-C, possibly higher???To discuss
KakuOld7-C with complete mastery over Shaori/Xiao-Lee.Low 7-B with complete mastery over Shaori/Xiao-Lee.OK
RetsuBaki douLow 7-CHigh 7-C+OK
Ron Shobun-Low 7-CHigh 7-C+OK
Guevara-At least Low 7-C, possibly 7-CHigh 7-C+ ?To discuss
KatsumiSon of ogre8-B, 7-C with Hitless BlowHigh 7-C+, Low 7-B with Hitless BlowOK
KatsumiBaki dou II??????To discuss
DoppoPrimeLow 7-CHigh 7-C+OK
Iwao Muneuchi-At most 8-A, possibly Low 7-CHigh 7-C+ ?To discuss
Sukune-7-CLow 7-BOK
Shibukawa-9-A, up to 7-C with Aiki9-A, up to High 7-C+, likely low 7-B with AikiOK

There's still a looot to discuss if we want to do those changes.

Last edited:
That’s list looks really good Thxs for it.

But I just realized that Katsumi had a new form in which Retsu spirit goes into his body and gets a stats boost plus I believe the skill of Retsu, I don’t know what to call this form though so that’s a new key

Demon Back is an unquantifiable amp. It should just be listed as higher.
Okay, I'll update it as we go along so it will be centralized somewhere when we do the edits.

But I just realized that Katsumi had a new form in which Retsu spirit goes into his body and gets a stats boost plus I believe the skill of Retsu, I don’t know what to call this form though so that’s a new key
Shouldn't it just be a Baki dou II key?

Last edited:
Okay, I'll update it as we go along so it will be centralized somewhere when we do the edits.

Shouldn't it just be a Baki dou II key?
Yea it should be as it only seen it Dou II, other characters like Yujiro and Baki have other amps as well to so that can also be in their keys

My propositions:
For Raitai Baki I propose High 7-C+, likely Low 7-B with demon back. So it gives him the same tier as Oliva.
Hanayama Son of ogre : At least High 7-C+
Hanayama baki dou : At least High 7-C+, likely Low 7-B
Pickle transformed : Low 7-B, possibly higher
Full power musashi : Low 7-B, possibly higher
Jun Guevara : At most High 7-C+
Katsumi baki dou II : High 7-C+, Low 7-B with Hitless Blow
Iwao Muneuchi : At most High 7-C+, likely lower, so it avoid getting him one tier below Prime doppo, as we don't have any calculation, and we don't know where prime doppo is in the High 7-C+ tier anyway (is likely lower even possible? Never saw it on the wiki)

So, mostly replacing 7-C by Low 7-B and Low 7-C by High 7-C+ for most of these.

My propositions:
For Raitai Baki I propose High 7-C+, likely Low 7-B with demon back. So it gives him the same tier as Oliva.
Iwao Muneuchi : At most High 7-C+, likely lower, so it avoid getting him one tier below Prime doppo, as we don't have any calculation, and we don't know where prime doppo is in the High 7-C+ tier anyway (is likely lower even possible? Never saw it on the wiki)
I agree with everything here

My propositions:

So, mostly replacing 7-C by Low 7-B and Low 7-C by High 7-C+ for most of these.
Yeah thats good but change the Pickle and Musashi from possibly to just likely higher, also Iwao would just scale down from Doppo we don't need to put lower.

Yeah thats good but change the Pickle and Musashi from possibly to just likely higher,
Why? They are currently at possibly higher on their pages.

also Iwao would just scale down from Doppo we don't need to put lower.
I think we shouldn't make a downscale of a downscale without calculations. Because in the end, the true strength of the character won't be reflected anymore.
A single downscale can be made if the initial value is close enough to a baseline, but that's all imho. I think At most High 7-C+ or a flat High 7-C is vague enough to fit.

Last edited:
I'm still of the opinion that Oliva and SoO Pickle should be 8-B scaling to Baki's earthquake feat. We have no reason to assume Baki was Yujiro level right from the beginning of SoO since the whole arc was dedicated to Baki training to beat Yujiro.

Even when he actually fought Yujiro, he couldn't beat him and lost a brute strength brawl. Which means he still wasn't at 100% Yujiro's level yet.

I think it would make more sense that he started off weaker at the start of SoO and came out of the arc close to Yujiro's level.

I'm still of the opinion that Oliva and SoO Pickle should be 8-B scaling to Baki's earthquake feat. We have no reason to assume Baki was Yujiro level right from the beginning of SoO since the whole arc was dedicated to Baki training to beat Yujiro.
So another new key for Baki?
Oliva would be 8-B+
Guevara At most 8-B
Baki would be 8-B in base, 8-B+ (higher) in demon back from raitai to prison saga
Then High 7-C+, Low 7-B with demon back during Pickle saga. to match Pickle base level and justify his transformation.
Then Low 7-B, possibly higher with demon back since the end of son of ogre.
Would that be fine?

Last edited:
Again, what chapter did Baki do the earthquake feat?

Was it before or after the Pickle fight?

Hmm... I can see Baki being 8-B+ in base, High 7-C+ with Demon Back during his Oliva fight, and 8-A in base, Low 7-B with Demon Back during his Pickle fight.

I'm going to need some more time to work out the scaling issues.

Huh. It is very confusing. Everyone seems to changes their mind all the time. It's hard to follow what everyone want
Can we just adapt the current tiers to the new ones for now (7-C > Low 7-B, Low 7-C > High 7-C+), and then if there are changes to be made to Oliva, pickle, baki or other characters, make another CRT for it?
So we do character by character and we stop going off in all directions with people who make requests that have nothing to do with Yujiro going to Low 7-B anymore.

Last edited:
Yeah, after reading everything, I agree with a lot of what’s being said, but I’m a little confused on the actual consensus. Maybe this would be a little easier if we discussed one character at a time and came to a definitive answer?

Yeah, after reading everything, I agree with a lot of what’s being said, but I’m a little confused on the actual consensus. Maybe this would be a little easier if we discussed one character at a time and came to a definitive answer?
Probably

Okay, let’s start with Baki and chip people off along the way. He’d be High 7-C+, Low 7-B via DB, right? Or is that not what’s been agreed upon? (Low 7-C > High 7-C+, 7-C > Low 7-B)?

Yes, that was the basic idea.

What we need to see is if people agree to put Low 7-C in High 7-C+ and 7-C in Low 7-B for now and apply other changes later.

If people agree to only talk about the characters that scale on yujiro in this topic and reserve the possible changes of oliva to 8-B+, pickle, musashi to another CRT that would better summarize theirs issues later, then we already know what changes to apply for now.

It did always feel strange to scale Oliva when he got two-shot by Yujiro, id say he's somewhere between the top tiers and the god tiers, he doesn't quite scale to god tier but to my knowledge he is certainly above the top tiers

It seems to me that Oliva was 7-C because he could also cause earthquakes with his attacks.But when you think about it, his earthquakes should be radiated waves and moreover they never destroyed anything or even made anyone fall, so they are useless for scaling him to Yujiro. The two feats are incomparable.

In fact, Oliva was just the last of this category of characters, like the yasha ape, Gaia or Jack, who were sold as equal to Yujiro when in fact, after baki's fight, a sequence is added where the manga shows you that it's not the case at all.

To know Oliva's tier, you just have to decide if you scale Yujiro's casual attacks to 8-B+ because of the imaginary yujiro's feat, or just a downscale to High 7-C+.

Personally I see it more at High 7-C+, because every time we had to consider a casual win before, we did a downscale, and the characters currently scaled 8-B are Retsu SOO and Katsumi SOO, characters that we know could surely be comparable to a very casual yujiro because of their fight with Pickle, but who never tanked an attack of the latter to make things clear like Oliva.

That's why I proposed to put Oliva in High 7-C+ likely Low 7-B above. But now I think High 7-C+ should be just fine. He's way weaker than Yujiro, who is really close to the Low 7-B baseline himself.

Last edited:
Currently, my issue with the scaling isn't so much who scales to Yujiro, but more who Baki scales from.

The 8-B+ feat was done by a post-Pickle fight Baki, who would be well into tier 7 already since his next opponent is literally Yujiro himself. So we can either assume everyone he has fought before backscales from 8-B+, which would include Pickle and Oliva, or we disregard the feat and nobody scales to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back