• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We aren't saying Retsu scales to yujiro at all. He'd be 7-C if that was the case. But when Retsu sees Yujiro do a feat and still considers himself stronger, he scales to said feat. Not to 7-C, but to 9-A.

Also Yujiro actually made physical contact with the wall where as Retsu only used air pressure, so it makes sense that Retsu didn't find what Yujiro did impressive. It would be different if Retsu was terrified after seeing Yujiro do it in one hit, but that wasn't the case.

BakiHanma already explained this perfectly.

As for the lightning calc, if a recalc is required then we can do that. But as of now we can stick with the old calc until then.

Yo Amlad, do you remember which part Retsu started doing mma fights for money and turned a bunch of cinderblocks to dust before a fight?

You mean when he started his boxing career? It would have been after the pickle stuff went down so post chapter 180 of Son of Ogre but before Retsu's fight with Smoking Joe which began at chapter 221 I believe. I may be off by a few chapters though in that range.

I went to double check myself to see and my memory did serve me right lol.

After reading the arc over again I noticed one speed feat that caught my eye but I'm not sure if it's any good. Retsu was capable of punching so fast that modern cameras couldn't capture it. Is this anything decent?

Insert creative name here 12 said:
If lightning is actually 1.6 billion joules that makes the feat 5.7 tons on the low end and 9.56 tons on the high end.
That is calculating all the seconds into one. We normally take joules per second for stuff like that, if someone whistood 100 joules fő electricity for an hour we wouldn't just stack it all into one.

That would be 1.912 joules, assuming it's always peaking in energy (unlike normal lightning).

Edit: the calc does have people pointing that out, too.

If the calc needs to be redone it's not that big of an issue. Honestly worst case we just downgrade those who scale directly to the energy of a lightning bolt (8-C) and then the ones who scale a good amount above it like Prime Doppo would get a likely High 8-C attached to that.

That doesn't apply to this case.

The fact that the lightning should be more heat resistance than anything else is worth a mention tough.

Hi. I'm the one who did the calc. Currently i'm not very active thanks to the fact my computer yeeted itself so i'm sorry for taking so much time to awnser.

There's no need to put hollowness on the calc iirc. Considering the shape of a bell, it would only affect depth of the cracks, what is an estimate i already did with the hollowness stuff in mind. 0.3m seems adequate to a bell of such proportions. Basically what Purgy said.

Unless i'm being a dummy and there's something very obvious i'm missing here

Spec's calc shouldn't be rejected because it shows pretty clearly in a panel the amounts of punches he gave, unlike Luffy's attack rushes

And if you guys don't think that panel is some valid evidence, that attack rush has a given max timeframe of 5 minutes. So you could get the timeframe of an average real-life punch, then get low-ball number of punches by that. Then get the energy needed to do that feat and divide it by the number of punches. Probably somewhere in 9-B if we go like this

I do agree however that Retsu's wall feat calc can't be used since it was done with multiple punches that iirc aren't countable in neither anime or manga.

Yujiro's should be calculated, and Retsu should upscale from it for considering himself stronger.

@KGiffoni

I was thinking the same with the bell as well. Not sure why hollowness matters with the way you did it.

Can you calc the crater yujiro made?

I mean even if we 100% disregard Spec's feat for some reason, Alex's feat, Retsu/Yujiro's feat and the bell feat all stand as reasoning for 9-A.

The issue now seems to be what to do with the High 8-C's. Until a recalc is done, it'll be fine keeping them where they are though.

I don't think a bump is needed. This is pretty much settled we just need a new calc for the High 8-C's if I'm not mistaken

Amlad22 said:
I don't think a bump is needed. This is pretty much settled we just need a new calc for the High 8-C's if I'm not mistake
Do we have anything in mind? I have my statements and feats set up in defense of 7-C god tiers, so I'm free to collect some stuff if you had anything it mind to calc

Amlad22 said:
Well a recalc of the lighting feat would be the best place to start imo.
I'll contact people in the calc group if KG's PC is still yeeted. I can also link the manga chapter and outline the important pages

That would be good. Once it's decided what the best way to calc it is we can begin changing the profiles from there assuming they need change.

We could also just always go the route of scaling straight to the energy of a lightning bolt. Which would make them all 8-C.

Back