• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Musashi abilities removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Inspired by another CRT, I remembered how Musashi's profile sells out of context stuff as actual abilities.

• Soul Manipulation and Resurrection (Musashi can force his soul back into his body and rise from dead)
    • Musashi doesn't literally pull back his soul in these scans. Those familiar with the series know that Itagaki often shows a little ghost coming out of someone's body as a way to represent them fainting, instead of having their literal soul being forcibly expelled. Moreover, at the end of the arc Musashi dies because Sabuko sucks his soul out of his body and sends it back to the aether, which is how he got resurrected in the first place (Baki Dou - Chapter 193 and 194). If Musashi really had the ability to force his soul back, he would have returned. Here are a few scans for reference, I suggest you to check the whole chapters for the entire sequence

• Resistance to Sealing (Sabuko chanted the sealing spell, The Scientist said that Musashi stayed. Tokugawa explains that deperated Musashi can always comeback)
    • These lines are out of context too. To be brief, Tokugawa's research team put Musashi's corpse under suspended animation, in order to preserve his body for the time to come, and the line about his being able to always come back, is just a reference to how he was resurrected. At the beginning of the arc, the scientists create a clone of Musashi's original body, and hire Sabuko (the same woman seen in the previous paragraph) to summon his soul from the underworld and put it into the body, animating it. This means that, as long as the body in preserved, they'll always be able to repeat the procedure. Musashi himself can't come back from the dead willingly, otherwise he would have already done it, as we see throughout the entire arc how fond of the modern world he had become. Here's some more scans, but I once again suggest to check chapters 195 and 196 of Baki Dou, if you want to see all the scenes.

Everything seems fine, it seems like Soda either didn't receive your @ or forgot about this thread, i'll ask him to comment on this thread, alongside other knowledgeable members on Baki.

If Musashi really had the ability to force his soul back, he would have returned. Here are a few scans for reference, I suggest you to check the whole chapters for the entire sequence
• Musashi evidently pulled his soul back [1]. If Musashi doesn't take his soul back, then how do Sabuko get Musashi's soul, which was thrown out by Baki's kick ?

• Why couldn't Musashi come back after Sabuko took out Musashi's soul? because Sabuko cast a seal spell into Musashi's soul so it can't return to the world [2]

Musashi can come back to life but don't know when he will wake up [1]
Rating Possibility / Likely Resistance to Sealing.

• The scientists there did various ways through science to make Musashi's body unable to carry out normal activities. That made Musashi's body unable to be entered by his soul again. Like a host without a body Then no one controls the body

Completely disagree with this deletion.

Last edited:
• Musashi evidently pulled his soul back [1]. If Musashi doesn't take his soul back, then how do Sabuko get Musashi's soul, which was thrown out by Baki's kick ?

• Why couldn't Musashi come back after Sabuko took out Musashi's soul? because Sabuko cast a seal spell into Musashi's soul so it can't return to the world [2]
This was discussed in other CRTs. People having their "ghost" going out of the body is used several times across the manga as a reference for a character fainting. You see it when Yujiro shakes the head of two guards and their "soul" goes out, or a few times when others are hit very hard and pass out.

It was rejected as soul manipulation in the past, and as such doesn't hold weight now for Musashi returning his soul into his body.

Musashi can come back to life but don't know when he will wake up [1]
Rating Possibility / Likely Resistance to Sealing.

• The scientists there did various ways through science to make Musashi's body unable to carry out normal activities. That made Musashi's body unable to be entered by his soul again. Like a host without a body Then no one controls the body
They put him in the tube to keep his body from decay, that scan doesn't say that he can return whenever he wants, Tokugawa explicitly says he can't "cross those gates" (afterlife-life), and so he preserves his body as a way to honor him.

Chapter 195 and 196 are all dedicated to explaining the preservation method used by the scientist to save a body that otherwise would have rotten away, it's never said their purpose was to keep him incapacitated.

Last bump, if no one has anything against it, I will proceede with the changes tomorrow.

My memory failed with the people who had commented at the time, my bad.

I'll ask some staff, and then see.
This has waited 3 months, it can wait some days.
No issues, you could simply tag any thread moderator to evaluate it, since as far as I remember, this falls under “self-content revision” guidelines.

Is there a list of all thread moderaters somewhere?

And you got one additional staff vote. You can apply the changes and afterwards the closure of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back