• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Back to 7-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, yeah. This is pretty clear cut, the verse is just outdated.

The important part to discuss is who is actually scaling to town level here.

From my knowledge, the following people would scale...(?)

Pickle, for matching base Yujiro,

Baki for fighting with Yujiro, Pickle, and Musashi.

Musashi Miyamoto (Baki) for harming demonback Yujiro.

Yuichiro Hanma for being at least comparable to Yujiro.

Kaku Kaioh via Shaori/Xiao-Lee, for fighting with Yujiro.

There are also other people who may scale, but should probably be discussed.

Goki Shibukawa (Only with Aiki) for being able to overpower Musashi. If he scales, then Kyogei would scale as well, for directly overpowering Aiki while Musashi couldn't.

T-Rex for heavily damaging Pickle.

Izou Motobe with equipment for being able to damage, and eventually defeat Musashi. As well as his armor taking multiple sword slashes without being destroyed.

idk who else, i'm not like a expert on Baki I just read through the profiles.

uh, yeah. This is pretty clear cut, the verse is just outdated.

The important part to discuss is who is actually scaling to town level here.

From my knowledge, the following people would scale...(?)

Pickle, for matching base Yujiro,

Baki for fighting with Yujiro, Pickle, and Musashi.

Musashi Miyamoto (Baki) for harming demonback Yujiro.

Yuichiro Hanma for being at least comparable to Yujiro.

Kaku Kaioh via Shaori/Xiao-Lee, for fighting with Yujiro.

There are also other people who may scale, but should probably be discussed.

Goki Shibukawa (Only with Aiki) for being able to overpower Musashi. If he scales, then Kyogei would scale as well, for directly overpowering Aiki while Musashi couldn't.

T-Rex for heavily damaging Pickle.

Izou Motobe with equipment for being able to damage, and eventually defeat Musashi. As well as his armor taking multiple sword slashes without being destroyed.

idk who else, i'm not like a expert on Baki I just read through the profiles.
Yeah I just skimmed the page and noticed that as well. Pretty sure Yuichiro should be above Yujiro since he was visibly scared when he appeared, also Im not sure about Motobe, Musashi was just toying with him and never saw him as a threat

Goki shouldn't scale at all, he uses Aiki which is dependent on the attack potency of the opponent against them. Also Kyogei doesn't scale to Aiki's AP but instead scales above it's lifting strength potency.

I also disagree with Musashi's durability scaling to 7-C since he's portrayed as being inferior in terms of his durability in comparison to his attack potency.

Goki shouldn't scale at all, he uses Aiki which is dependent on the attack potency of the opponent against them. Also Kyogei doesn't scale to Aiki's AP but instead scales above it's lifting strength potency.

I also disagree with Musashi's durability scaling to 7-C since he's portrayed as being inferior in terms of his durability in comparison to his attack potency.
Then the justification for both profiles should be changed to match that. Since right now Goki Aiki is scaling to Musashi, while Kyogei is scaling above that for brute forcing his way though aiki.

Also hasn't Musashi taken hits from both Baki and Pickle? I don't see why his durability wouldn't be 7-C, even if its lower then his AP.

Yeah I just skimmed the page and noticed that as well. Pretty sure Yuichiro should be above Yujiro since he was visibly scared when he appeared, also Im not sure about Motobe, Musashi was just toying with him and never saw him as a threat
Musashi was still very clearly trying to kill him though, he even told Motobe as much. He may not have been full power, but I don't see why Motobe wouldn't at least downscale.

He consistently takes hits from Baki in his final fight with him, this was post Yujiro fight Baki too.

Tbh since Yujiro scales vastly above the 7-C calc during Baki dou musashi durability is still going to at least be 7-C lol

Musashi also took several direct attacks from Yujiro and kept fighting, including a kick from Demonback Yujiro to the groin.

Overall, considering he isn't getting instantly one-shotted despite fighting characters like Baki, Pickle, and Yujiro himself, theirs no reason for him to be rated as lower.

so uh...

do we all agree that Musashi should be 7-C in Durability? seems like Gin is the only one who was opposed to it.

also, probably wasn't mentioned but

Deinonychus should scale. Not only did Pickle directly compare the creature to Musashi in terms of threat level, we also see that its talons are sharp enough to cut through Pickle's flesh.

If the earthquake feat is to be accepted then an hell of a lot more characters would be bumped to 7-C because the Yujiro who stopped the earthquake is much weaker then the one who fought Doppo.

Gouki Shibukawa > MT Doppo >= MT Yujiro (no demon back) >>> Childhood arc Yujiro.
Gouki is well into 7-C, in fact everyone should be at least 7-C becuase everyone gets stronger with each arc and should be stronger than past Yujiro.

Last edited:
If the earthquake feat is to be accepted then an hell of a lot more characters would be bumped to 7-C because the Yujiro who stopped the earthquake is much weaker then the one who fought Doppo.
It had been….

Also gonna answer this question in a new CRT I’m doing with other user

Iirc this wiki accepts the fact Yujiro gets stronger over time through the series so there should be no problems scaling certain characters to past Yujiro.
1. He does and it’s pretty obvious lol
2. Yeah again I have no problem with this and will answer it with a CRT

Musashi is easily 7-C, we saw him casually pushing back an angry Pickle in a strength contest and took hits from him with ease while the latter was in "scar mode" those who damage him like Retsu or Gouki would simply scale to him, it's really that simple.

Gouki Shibukawa > MT Doppo >= MT Yujiro (no demon back) >>> Childhood arc Yujiro.
Gouki is well into 7-C, in fact everyone should be at least 7-C becuase everyone gets stronger with each arc and should be stronger than past Yujiro.
When was Doppo ever shown to be equal to Yujiro?

Yujiro escaped that fight with like, zero injuries iirc, even when Doppo repeatedly struck him in the chest with a technique that was supposed to destroy his ribs.

Baki goes like this:
  • Yujiro shows up and he is top of the verse;
  • People in later arcs catch up to him;
  • Yujiro shows up and becomes top of the verse again;
  • Rinse and repeat.
I mean this is basically true. The cast from their own words and scans from Itagaki prove they never stop training. They always get stronger each arc and the goal is to catch up to Yujiro

Yujiro escaped that fight with like, zero injuries iirc, even when Doppo repeatedly struck him in the chest with a technique that was supposed to destroy his ribs.
He does decent enough against base Yujiro hurting him with his strikes. But then once Yujiro pulls out DB he just stomps Doppo. The problem comes in that people in the past use the anime to justify why Doppo doesn’t scale but we really shouldn’t do that here. In fact I’m gonna come out and say it

Prime Doppo isn’t a thing and never was true

He does decent enough against base Yujiro hurting him with his strikes. But then once Yujiro pulls out DB he just stomps Doppo. The problem comes in that people in the past use the anime to justify why Doppo doesn’t scale but we really shouldn’t do that here. In fact I’m gonna come out and say it

Prime Doppo isn’t a thing and never was true
So... that would mean LITERALLY everyone who is not fodder should be 7-C???

There's an entire part of the fight in which Doppo is beating the shit out of Yujiro who is not even capable of keeping up with Doppo, you know? Doppo draws blood from Yujiro, visibly rocks him with his punches and very nearly kills him too, by Yujiro's own admission, lastly the narrator says verbatim that Doppo's spear hands would have killed demon back Yujiro certainly had they actually landed, so Doppo is unquestionably at least 7-C/Town level.

Tbh… after talking to some peeps on discord, yeah? Like it’s insane but the point of Baki is that these characters grow consistent stronger that the previous arc. Yujiro is just a character that so above the rest of the cast because he gets stronger ever day.
Again everyone here is bringing good points it’s just that I want to answer this in the next crt.

And I believe we shouldn’t use the anime for scaling as we never used anime above the manga. Sure it makes more sense but Unless Itagaki comes out and goes ‘Yeah that’s how it should actually go’ then we shouldn’t use it

Essentially, yeah, there are multiple feats that prove Doppo never got weaker, in fact he got stronger like everyone else. Most notably, you have Doppo in the Death Row arc destroying Dorian who in turn low diffs a stronger Katsumi who was stronger than MT Doppo according to Doppo himself, so NGB Doppo > NGB Katsumi > MT Katsumi > MT/"Prime" Doppo.

Tbh… after talking to some peeps on discord, yeah? Like it’s insane but the point of Baki is that these characters grow consistent stronger that the previous arc. Yujiro is just a character that so above the rest of the cast because he gets stronger ever day.
Again everyone here is bringing good points it’s just that I want to answer this in the next crt.

And I believe we shouldn’t use the anime for scaling as we never used anime above the manga. Sure it makes more sense but Unless Itagaki comes out and goes ‘Yeah that’s how it should actually go’ then we shouldn’t use it
I second this, sure it's weird to think that randos suddenly body Yujiro, any version of Yujiro, but the feats are all there and it's weirdly consistent, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back