• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Back to 7-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an entire part of the fight in which Doppo is beating the shit out of Yujiro who is not even capable of keeping up with Doppo, you know? Doppo draws blood from Yujiro, visibly rocks him with his punches and very nearly kills him too, by Yujiro's own admission, lastly the narrator says verbatim that Doppo's spear hands would have killed demon back Yujiro certainly had they actually landed, so Doppo is unquestionably at least 7-C/Town level.
Yeah, thats never really talked about for some reason idn why. Also I never agreed with doppo getting weaker after his fight with yuji

Essentially, yeah, there are multiple feats that prove Doppo never got weaker, in fact he got stronger like everyone else. Most notably, you have Doppo in the Death Row arc destroying Dorian who in turn low diffs a stronger Katsumi who was stronger than MT Doppo according to Doppo himself, so NGB Doppo > NGB Katsumi > MT Katsumi > MT/"Prime" Doppo.
Also to add on this. There a reason in the story to why Katsumi is failing behind his peers. Hell Doppo literally tells him straight up you haven’t been charging up with us. So characters getting stronger is actually supper consistent

There's an entire part of the fight in which Doppo is beating the shit out of Yujiro who is not even capable of keeping up with Doppo, you know? Doppo draws blood from Yujiro, visibly rocks him with his punches and very nearly kills him too, by Yujiro's own admission, lastly the narrator says verbatim that Doppo's spear hands would have killed demon back Yujiro certainly had they actually landed, so Doppo is unquestionably at least 7-C/Town level.
Admittedly, I didn't read the fight in a bit so I was going off of memory. After rereading it, your right. Doppo was clearly matching Yujiro at multiple points during their battle, so him scaling does seem plausible.

Didn't Doppo also harm Musashi? that would be a good piece of supporting evidence for him being 7-C.

Admittedly, I didn't read the fight in a bit so I was going off of memory. After rereading it, your right. Doppo was clearly matching Yujiro at multiple points during their battle, so him scaling does seem plausible.

Didn't Doppo also harm Musashi? that would be a good piece of supporting evidence for him being 7-C.
If I recall, Musashi says that if Doppo fully landed his kick in their fight Musashi would have been decapitated. Dou II Doppo has direct feat of stopping Baki's tackle head on and sending him flying with a palm strike.

TBH I think we should just completely rework Yujiro's profile so he scales to the other characters at that time. It makes more sense considering feat's we're shown in early Baki. Now modern Baki is a different story, there's definitely some feat's that need calcing, Sukune creating earthquakes with his stomps could definitely yield small town to town level energy and I still don't know why that hasn't been calced. We also have Musashi's statement of possibly being able to cut through a skyscraper.

TBH I think we should just completely rework Yujiro's profile so he scales to the other characters at that time. It makes more sense considering feat's we're shown in early Baki. Now modern Baki is a different story, there's definitely some feat's that need calcing, Sukune creating earthquakes with his stomps could definitely yield small town to town level energy and I still don't know why that hasn't been calced. We also have Musashi's statement of possibly being able to cut through a skyscraper.
Doesn’t matter in my opinion. Yujiro is gonna get nuke scaling which will make him 7-B lol. And that’s stated through out the series

I agree #1.

No

Itagaki literally stated that Yujiro strength is above nukes there’s literally no way to downplay that. You make him city level end of discussion

Or At least 7-C, likely 7-B

Last edited:
Not quite. We practice Death of the Author in most cases unless the WoG in question is actually reasonable and consistent.

I for one am firmly against 7-B Baki, but I'd say save that part for a separate thread. This thread is for 7-C scaling, not 7-B, not 7-A not 6-A. Let's get the scaling situated before attempting to shoot for upgrades. Gotta learn how to crawl before you can walk

Not quite. We practice Death of the Author in most cases unless the WoG in question is actually reasonable and consistent.

I for one am firmly against 7-B Baki, but I'd say save that part for a separate thread. This thread is for 7-C scaling, not 7-B, not 7-A not 6-A. Let's get the scaling situated before attempting to shoot for upgrades. Gotta learn how to crawl before you can walk
.... itagaki isnt death... also how would death of author change that anyway like seriously

I don’t think this counts for Death of the Author if the words are based off of what is written and is consistent with what is written.

Well to be fair I agree. But this isn’t like a Ben 10 fans asking artists if Alien X can blow up the Multiverse or Itagaki on Twitter answering this question. It’s just a character page in Dou for Yujiro that confirms he’s above nukes like the shit for Naruto.

But yeah scaling… ngl it’s gonna be harder than I thought. Reading Doppo definitely scales and that’s kinda ***** up out shit.

.... itagaki isnt death... also how would death of author change that anyway like seriously
avatars-vzVavnrNStPmzryz-P4cGOw-t240x240.jpg

Yujiro rapes mid diff

Anyway how are we all feeling on scaling Doppo from GB to base Yujiro? (After this thread we should stop using the anime as it differs from the manga)
Disagree, contextually it makes no sense and with the anime we have direct statements that Doppo actually did zero damage to Yujiro.

I still think my proposal of "8-A+, likely higher." Is the best option for those scaling to relative to early Yujiro. He has a great tendency to underestimate and tends to hold back against his opponents, until around Son of Oger where Yujiro seemingly gets rid of the "holding back." weakness.

Disagree, contextually it makes no sense and with the anime we have direct statements that Doppo actually did zero damage to Yujiro.

I still think my proposal of "8-A+, likely higher." Is the best option for those scaling to relative to early Yujiro. He has a great tendency to underestimate and tends to hold back against his opponents, until around Son of Oger where Yujiro seemingly gets rid of the "holding back." weakness.
To answer that is does Itagaki confirm that the anime is the way he preferred the fight to go? Like is it stated anywhere that it’s stated? Don’t get me wrong it makes a lot more sense in the anime, but why should we use the anime over the manga? I don’t think vs wiki allows that, unless I’m misinformed lol

Well to be fair I agree. But this isn’t like a Ben 10 fans asking artists if Alien X can blow up the Multiverse or Itagaki on Twitter answering this question. It’s just a character page in Dou for Yujiro that confirms he’s above nukes like the shit for Naruto.

But yeah scaling… ngl it’s gonna be harder than I thought. Reading Doppo definitely scales and that’s kinda ***** up out shit.
Either Yujiro scales to characters at that time or every early Baki main character becomes 7-C which just doesn't seem right from what we've seen.

Either Yujiro scales to characters at that time or every early Baki main character becomes 7-C which just doesn't seem right from what we've seen.
Bro drop your scales yo characters at that time. It’s not gonna fly, otherwise we be looking at ******* 8-C Yujiro. I rather Doppo be 7-C than Yujiro be small building level

I'll literally have the verse deleted before we get 7-B Early Baki characters.

City level as a whole is already generous as **** given the feats that are presented in the verse. But alas, it's better to discuss scaling over stats atm.

Excuse me what does the concept of death of the author have to do with anything in this context ? Secondly, this is not a random off hand statement from twitter or from an interview either.

Who cares about the anime when we have the primary source, the manga, going directly against it ? Do you have actual evidence or any argument supporting the anime over the original comic ? Also you need to quantify how much and how he was holding back and prove he was not holding back when he performed the earthquake stopping punch, all stuff that you cannot prove, if you can then drop the scans.

I'll literally have the verse deleted before we get 7-B Early Baki characters.

City level as a whole is already generous as **** given the feats that are presented in the verse. But alas, it's better to discuss scaling over stats atm.
Nice incredubility fallacy "A verse cant be A tier because it just cant okay"

Nice incredubility fallacy "A verse cant be A tier because it just cant okay"
I seriously doubt you even know what argument from incredulity (the correct spelling btw.) nor do I believe that you can even utilize it properly.

Argument from incredulity is a very different argument from the argument of outliers. One involves inserting personal believe over facts, which isn't what I'm doing.

I'd suggest touching up on that vocabulary or simply not making baseless assumptions in the future.

Who cares about the anime when we have the primary source, the manga, going directly against it ?
According to Amald Itagaki worked on the anime and as a means to make Yujiro's character have more depth.
Do you have actual evidence or any argument supporting the anime over the original comic ?
Read above.
Also you need to quantify how much and how he was holding back and prove he was not holding back when he performed the earthquake stopping punch,
Uhhh no first of all, I don't need to prove shit when arguing a negative. It's up to you as the person whos arguing on behalf of the positive. The Burden of Proof falls on you to proof that Yujiro was holding back in the earthquake scan, and there's zero indication on that for either side.

Last but not least, my argument isn't even about him being casual in the feat. It was about it being low-end on the 7-C scale so downscaling to that feat would be 8-A+ or baseline 7-C. This just proves you actually never bothered reading my arguments properly.
all stuff that you cannot prove, if you can then drop the scans.
You first.

Excuse me what does the concept of death of the author have to do with anything in this context ? Secondly, this is not a random off hand statement from twitter or from an interview either.
What do you even mean???? It's a common practice, WoG statements aren't taken at face value unless you have proof which you don't.

It doesn't help your case either that this

1: Isn't WoG it's a random ass editor statement.

2: You haven't even provided proper translations of the RAW.

Don't swing on me.

I think, even if we downscale, we should still put them at like, a massively lower value of 7-C. Baseline, like you said.

putting them at 7-C requires less guesswork than saying their 8-A+, in my opinion.

What do you even mean???? It's a common practice, WoG statements aren't taken at face value unless you have proof which you don't.

It doesn't help your case either that this

1: Isn't WoG it's a random ass editor statement.

2: You haven't even provided proper translations of the RAW.

Don't swing on me.
What???? Why would we take them as not face value anyway???? like seriously

1. There has been multiple statementes of yujiro being stronger than the military
2. The military fear him (also there was a statement that they couldnt do jackshit to him)

Also where was that rule of not taking WOD at face value anyway???? (jojo part 2 is High 8-C+ because WOD statementes)

And even if what you say was true then they should be possible, because the not taking WOD at raw value is a possibility as valid as WOD being true ( even if WOD says that they are stronger and there is nothing to indicate than they shouldnt take at raw value, because then the statement would be useless)

And no my bad grammar wouldnt debunk my argument, if my grammar is understandable beyond Mid english then it shouldnt be a problem appart from minor missunderstandings

This isnt the thread for this anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back