• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Most of this is pretty simple but I was told to make a thread on it so here we are. This is all based on the 15 Kilotons upgrade of Yujiro's causal earthquakes feat.

15 Kilotons: - Oliva - DB SOO Baki - Shibukawa (Aiki) - Katsumi (True Mach Fist)

Above 15 Kilotons: - Base End of SOO/Baki Dou Baki - Musashi (Swords) - Kaku Kaioh - Base Pickle - Nomi no Sukune

Vastly Above 15 Kilotons: - Base Yujiro - Base Yuichiro

Above 45-60 Kilotons: - DB End of SOO/Baki Dou Baki - FP Musashi - Transformed Pickle

Vastly Above 45-60 Kilotons: - DB Yujiro - DB Yuichiro

We also need to discuss two characters, Base Baki in his SOO Key and Baki Dou Hanayama.

Base Baki is pretty simple, I believe he should scale to being 4x less than his Demon Back since there's no reason his DB in the SOO should make him 100x stronger. We look for consistency here. So he'd be Low 7-C or around 3.75 Kilotons in Base.

Hanayama we have an interesting case. He managed to harm Yujiro, a single drop of blood but still. But then he was casually one shot by him after. Still Yujiro praised him as being strong, the same title Baki was given at the end of NGB. Due to this I believe he should scale to Baki at Low 7-C. Or at least have, At Least 8-B, likely Low 7-C. Both would work.

Also if any explanations are needed ask below. Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt he actually scales to Baki, if we compare they're feats against yujiro he just has better onez. However i do agree he should get a 7-c rating based on being able to damage a casual yujiro, or an 8-B likely or possibly 7-c.

But aren't we in the town level plus ranges after, after 54 kilotons? I understand only two people would scale to it. But still, thats something interesting to think about.

Low 7-C shouldn't be an issue for Hanayama imo he has the feats. He's well above the other mid tiers like Doppo and Retsu.

Also yes for sure Yujiro and Yuichiro would get that rating. Maybe even Baki, Musashi and Pickle.

Mind linking the 3-4x AP scan and explain in further detail why, say Olivia, would only be 15 kt?

Honestly forget if the statement from Retsu is anime or manga but I'll try my best to find it. He states that Baki's kick doubles in power with his incomplete demon back. So the logic was that a full Demon Back should give minimum 3-4x boost given its vast superiority to the incomplete version.

Also Oliva scales to causal Yujiro (aka 15 Kilotons feat) as Yujiro is capable of two shorting Oliva while suppressed. This I can find scans for quickly if needed.

Yeah if you can provide them I'll be fine with the suggested ratings.

Musashi physically <<<<<< Musashi with Swords

This has been discussed in much detail and the feats show that Musashi physically is 8-B at best scaling to the other mid tiers. So Retsu does scale to Musashi, just not with his swords.

Hmm, i see.

This would make way more sense if we assumed Retsu was using Offensive Xiao Lee but it's not said anywhere, right?

Didn't Musashi survive a kick to the balls from DB Yujiro? That should give him 7-C+ durability as of now. Yujiro didn't rip his shirt as usual but we can clearly see his demon back.

I was actually thinking of how Retsu could have easily been 7-C if he had more time to train his Xiao Lee. But due to the fact that he only knows Defensive, it doesn't change his rating.

I mean did you see how badly it harmed him. Plus Yujiro wanted to see his full power and wasn't trying to kill him. Outside of this, it seems to be an outlier based on other characters that can harm Musashi. Retsu and Doppo both managed to harm him and Hanayama was directly stated to be stronger than Musashi and capable of killing him had he not used his swords. And as we know, Demon Back Yujiro >>>> Base Yujiro >>>> Hanayama.

I mean, a kick to the balls should get any normal person KO'd even if they're fighting an equal. I think it's just an outlier tho, it makes more sense that way.

Also, i thought one only learnt "Xiao-Lee", not defensive and offensive xiao lee separately. At least that's how i think it works, i'm probably wrong tho.

Lol yeah kicks to the balls are usually treated as durability negation style attacks in most cases.

We saw Retsu go through the training for Xiao Lee and he only ever showed training for the defensive. He never trained in the offensive arts and never used it against Musashi. So either he never showed he could do it (which is just dumb of him to hold back against Musashi) or he flat out couldn't do it.

I don't think he held it back against Musashi, he utilized it, hence why Musashi actually took damage. But again, that's more of a theory, since there's no confirmation so it's best to keep it as it is.

If they showed him training with the offensive half of Xiao Lee even once I'd be more inclined to accept it. But the lack of any statements makes it really hard to say for sure without speculation.

Amlad22 said:
If they showed him training with the offensive half of Xiao Lee even once I'd be more inclined to accept it. But the lack of any statements makes it really hard to say for sure without speculation.
True.

Talking about the scaling from the post tho, i agree with everything as well.

Qawsedf234 said:
Mind linking the 3-4x AP scan and explain in further detail why, say Olivia, would only be 15 kt?
I was thinking of this.

Here's the chapter. In it Olivia was horribly stomped and outclassed by Ogre. There's no scaling to be done between them outside of Ogre being laughably above him.

We can't use guesswork for specific numbers. That is not how we do things here.

We aren't using 7x don't freak out now lol. As I said above 3-4x for completed Demon Back is the only multiplier that can possibly be used here. Defiantly not 7x

2x is and a superior form is attempting to be power scaled to 3x or 4x. While I'm okay with the 3x figure I'm not good with the 15 kt Oliva one.

Antvasima said:
We can't use guesswork for specific numbers. That is not how we do things here.
7x is not guesswork, it's the accepted value for a oneshot on this site, and seeing as he was casually two shot, a oneshot isn't that much of a stretch, but as Amlad said, DB multiplier is 3-4x

We have an accepted value for a oneshot? That is news to me, but if so, I suppose that it may be possible to use.

I'm so confused at why Oliva wouldn't scale to 15 Kilotons. He's very clearly scaling to casual Yujiro it's as simple as that

The 3-4x is based on the idea that if the incomplete Demon Back doubles ones power, the complete demon back which far exceeds the incomplete would minimum yield that value. It's a pretty big lowball of their power.

Antvasima said:
We have an accepted value for a oneshot? That is news to me, but if so, I suppose that it may be possible to use.
Yeah, if you want to double check, I'm not sure who one would ask to confirm, but I've done several threads where I've been informed that a 7x AP gap is a oneshot

Back