• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sounds perfect. There are many indications that Hanayama should be 7-C, but the "At Least 7-C, possibly 7-C" ratinggives him some breathing room

Also, I contacted some staff members, so whenever they're available, they'll likely post here, so if anyone is waiting on additional confirmation from staff, please be patient

Also, shouldn't Jack be upgraded too? He got oneshot by True Pickle, but he was pretty even with base Pickle, and he thought he could take Musashi in a fight after he killed Retsu, so Jack would fit perfectly in Above 15 KT

I have had a hard time keeping track. Sorry.

The Pickle that beat him was just Base Pickle using his FP not transformed Pickle. Jack was only keeping up with a casual Base Pickle. I could see him possibly scaling to 3.75 Kilotons where Base SOO Baki sits now but that's a possibly as well since Yujiro seems to think that version of Baki is stronger than Jack.

Would 3.75 KT be low 7-C? Cuz honestly, I kinda feel bad for Jack, just watched him get humiliated by Pickle and lose all of his teeth to Motobe, then I check his page, and the poor dude is only like 8-B or somethingƒÿó

Antvasima said:
I have had a hard time keeping track. Sorry.
Oh no worries, you've got a full plate as is it, just was watching some Baki and was thinking about Jack and a potentially AP upgrade, so I came back to mention it

BakiHanma18 said:
Would 3.75 KT be low 7-C? Cuz honestly, I kinda feel bad for Jack, just watched him get humiliated by Pickle and lose all of his teeth to Motobe, then I check his page, and the poor dude is only like 8-B or somethingƒÿó
Yeah, and Baki is so above Jack even tho Jack has put way more effort in it than Baki. It sucks.

It's tough to have him higher than 8-B he really did fall off after New Grappler Baki. His best feat is for sure being able to slightly harm Pickle, but he proceeds to get absolutely dismantled by Pickle when he goes all out for just a brief moment. I think he's defiantly got enough going for him to be At Least 8-B but I find it hard to for sure give him anything higher. A possibly Low 7-C is all I could see being done and even then I doubt it.

If we're looking for consistency, Jack would be 8-B. All of his feats are on that level or under it with only one showing against Pickle warranting a higher rating. His best feat outside of this is a statement from himself that he could take on Musashi after watching Retsu die. Which only puts Jack > Retsu, something we already knew and would only be 8-B at best.

Damn, well I don't want to give him a rating that he can't consistently show for, but I hope he puts his ass in gear soon, maybe he can stomp one of the sumo wrestler (hopefully they're actually strong)

Jack used to be my third fav in the series back when I was still on the maximum tournament (Yujiro and Hanayama will always be top 2 lol) so I will always jump on board with hoping Jack makes a comeback. I want the unstoppable monster to come back. After his last two loses he needs a win big time.

Doppo needs some redemption too. He was and still is one of my favourites but he hasn't been doing much recently which is why I'm happy to see him fighting the sumo wrestlers. It'll be interesting to see what moves he pulls out. Hopefully he wins his match.

Katsumi and his Mach Fist say otherwise lol

But not including Mach Fist I would say they are all close to it's tough. Doppo takes Retsu and Katsumi due to experience. Hanayama would likely overpower him but he'll be Low 7-C so I wouldn't include that. Which leaves big boy Jack. I think if it's Prime Doppo with access to Sangan then Jack loses but without it Jack is stronger, faster and more aggressive so I think he takes it.

Dunno, Jack lost to skillz many times in the past. The only time he didn't was when he completly countered Goki Shibukawa, but that was mostly lucky of him. Doppo does state that Karate has problems against bigger/faster/stronger opponents, at least it's his justification for his disliking of Sumo.

I'm personally not sure who'd win this little hypothetical engagement, but I would like to drop that Ali Jr was almost 100% skill, and Jack dusted his ass hard😂

Jack is really skilled himself I wouldn't say he gets beaten by skill. His three big loses are against Baki, Pickle and Motobe and Motobe was the only one who relied on skill and tactics. Pickle was all power and Baki was a mix, but at the end won with power only due to the Demon Back.

Amlad22 said:
Jack is really skilled himself I wouldn't say he gets beaten by skill. His three big loses are against Baki, Pickle and Motobe and Motobe was the only one who relied on skill and tactics. Pickle was all power and Baki was a mix, but at the end won with power only due to the Demon Back.
True, and for Motobe, he still had prep and prior knowledge, which allowed him to pretty much hard counter some of Jack's best stuff

So what are the conclusions here? It is best if we stick to the main subject.

I don't want to start a new thread about this, but since there are people in this one that are known of Baki, why was Yujiro (and the ones who scale to him) 7-A at some point in the past?

Maybe the earthquake feat was inaccurately estimated at that point?

Antvasima said:
Maybe the earthquake feat was inaccurately estimated at that point?
^this

I believe they used the "Oliva affected the whole planet" feat, took it literally, used the Greybeard calc from Skyrim when they shook the whole planet with their voices, and it calc'd way higher back then, so basically a multi Continental Oliva, who got casually two shot by Yujiro

Yeah it was basically a feat that was taken out of context. Nobody in Baki will likely ever reach island level.

Amlad22 said:
Yeah it was basically a feat that was taken out of context. Nobody in Baki will likely ever reach island level.
Ooo I dunno... there was a time where a tier 7 Baki was absolutely ludicrousƒñÀÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

We should probably try to get something productive done here.

What does Qawsedf think, and are there any other staff members who can help us out?

@Amlad22 suggestions are good enough to apply. Still don't really like Olvia's placement but ultimately Baki is super inconsistent and he probably fits Tier 7 with the rest of the upper tiers rather than Tier 8 with author intention.

I'll begin with the changes when I have time then, thank you all for the input on everything.

Will do, I've done big revisions for grappler Baki before so it's not anything new to me.

Just an update, I don't know if it's significant, but I went back and watched the flashback with Yoichiro, and it's confirmed that the cycle goes as follows:

Planes and ships bomb the island

Platoon searches for body

Platoon killed

Rinse and Repeat until a total of 1,000 tons of ammo was used.

I don't remember what we all agreed on (or even if we all came to an agreement), but I do remember that this was in question. It doesn't say he was actually hit with it all (and I doubt he was), but he was definitely hit several times, likely directly in some instances, as it would be highly unlikely that several ships and planes bombard a 1 kilometer island several times without at least hitting the target directly once.

Kaku Kaioh should be vastly above 15 kilotons, perhaps even higher, for decently hurting DB Yujiro.

Back