• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pull the other mods and i might listen to them but not you... but still my opinion won't change specially if you consider the fact that this is a fiction
I get you've got a grudge against me but I'm just concerned with keeping things up to the site's standards

So lemme get this straight you’re only willing to get this match going if Reid is winning but agree to mismatch if he’s losing

Please don't make that kind of accusation.

It is my opinion that I think this matchup is a Reid stomp and that Re:Zero top tiers should not be used in matches as they are total mysteries.

Your opinion is that overcoming the 20x speed gap is impossible for Reid, so you are saying this is a speed blitz, which is a stomp. Why would you want a stomp match.

So you think that a 20x speed difference, while operating under the assumption that skill can do nothing to help with it, is not a mismatch?
He thinks you're being biased. When Reid wins, keep the match. When Asta wins, it's a mismatch

I have no stake in this thread but that's basically what's being claimed. Though @Arnoldstone18 it'd be more appreciated to focus on the arguments themselves rather than looking for motives

So you think that a 20x speed difference, while operating under the assumption that skill can do nothing to help with, is not a mismatch?

I mean y’all Insist on following through with the match and began voting with your opinions too.

Then every case of time travel or characters moving faster than light is pis because it's impossible? Perhaps so but it doesn't change the fact they happen.

I am definitely in favor of scrapping that argument anyway as it's not like the 130x difference is explicitly pointed out by the text but from what I heard there are even more extreme examples on the wiki.
Chinese MC be breaking the impossibilities on daily basis lmao I'm pretty sure a feat of dodging an infinite speed via instinct alone exist somewhere out there

He thinks you're being biased. When Reid wins, keep the match. When Asta wins, it's a mismatch
I know what he's saying. I'm questioning the validity of what he's saying. If he agrees that is clearly a mismatch then it obviously shows that is not a biased conclusion.

From what I understand, it's gotten to the point where it's basically a question of who one-shots who first

Noted

Reid's got win-cons clearly, as he's legit just able to one-shot Asta. Asta's attack speed amp with Zetten gives him more reliable ones though. The question is, with this in mind: How reliably can Reid reach his win-cons?

Reid can boost his perceptions to see the world in slow motion, and can easily tell if someone is strong by looking at them and feeling their presence.

Being faced with a stronger opponent amps swordsmen like Reid, and being faced with certain death also provides a huge amp too, as when Wilhelm faced deadly blows from 3 different angles, he went from superspeed, to hyperspeed, to the speed of god, until transcending the concept of steel, in order to parry all 3 blows- a feat that was then considered to be "placing a foot on the first step of the stairway to the Heavenly Sword (Reid)".

Reid is a bit merciless too, and when faced with anyone >= his power, he totally cuts loose and stops holding back.

Reid can slash through Zetten and Asta at once, so if he can swing his sword or chopstick even a nanosecond before Zetten reaches him, he'll probably win.

Well I don’t think these reasons provided are more reliable than Asta’s for the following reasons:

boosting perception to an unknown degree doesn’t inherently amp the body’s speed, although they let the body react faster to threats. This can be easily done with instinctive reactions and precognition and Asta has both. Also Telling if someone is strong and feeling their presence is not all that important and Asta can do the same thing as well with his Ki.

Wilhelm’s speed amps are unquantifiable. While it somewhat helps a bit at very far distances, still isn’t enough to get past speed blitzing speeds at close distances. Wilhelm just got fast enough to take care of 3 blows at different angles. We don’t even know if those blows are faster than he was. And Asta has better feats with his RPL. Asta has actually overcome speed blitzing speeds before.

Reid being merciless doesn’t really help much considering Asta recently renewed his resolve and no longer hesitates to deliver serious Zetten to cut whatever he wants to cut.

Reid can’t even react to Zetten and Asta is still capable of dodging his ranged strike. To put things in perspective, the multiplier came from a very casual Zetten from Ichika, a far more serious Ichika could deliver more powerful versions of Zetten. Later on, Asta was trained by the strongest character in the series which gave Asta an ideology that allows him to make a Zetten so powerful it “can cut whatever it wants to cut”. (Asta would go on to make a Zetten so stupidly large that it decapitated 5 dragon heads at once). imagine a casual Ichika being equalized to an average human’s speed. A very casual Zetten from that Ichika is faster than than the fastest cars in the world at its highest speeds. Now imagine a more serious Ichika’s Zetten and now imagine an Asta with the same philosophy as the strongest swordsman in the series (the same Asta that performed the most superior Zetten shown so far).

(20x <<< Ichika’s casual Zetten <<< Ichika’s serious Zetten <<< Asta’s Serious Zetten)

There is no WAY IN HELL, Reid is dodging this shit. Asta simply one shots first.

According to the the OP, the distance is still 4km it seems.

Zetten is a far higher attack speed but it seems Asta himself does not get faster according to the profile, I think Reid should actually move first due to the amp from facing a stronger warrior, so while his slash will travel more slowly than Zetten, it will come out first and slash down Zetten with ease.

This can be easily done with instinctive reactions and precognition and Asta has both. Also Telling if someone is strong and feeling their presence is not all that important and Asta can do the same thing as well with his Ki.
Reid has both too, but the point I was making is that Reid knows Asta is strong and thus will not hold anything back.

Asta has actually overcome speed blitzing speeds before.
You know who else overcame speed blitzing sp-

There is no WAY IN HELL, Reid is dodging this shit. Asta simply one shots first.
Reid would not dodge, he'd slash it down with his sword thanks to concept manip.

3m earlier today. Anyway responding to your points.
I didnt make it 3m what are you even talking about
You were the one who said Asta would insta speed blitz at 3m range🗿🗿🗿
Anyways to clarify on another point, Wilhelm was fighting against Kurgan who is ewual to him in speed and has multiple arms. Wilhelm blocks an attack from an arm and as soon as he does that 3 of kurgans arm appear from 3 different angles making it impossible for him to dodge or block, however Wilhelm does the AD feat and manages to not only black/parry all 3 attacks but also harm kurgan after that.

Zetten is a far higher attack speed but it seems Asta himself does not get faster according to the profile,

Wrong. You just contradicted yourself. An attack speed amp speeds up your attack.

I think Reid should actually move first due to the amp from facing a stronger warrior, so while his slash will travel more slowly than Zetten, it will come out first and slash down Zetten with ease.

There is no such speed amp on his page, except perception speed, which only gives him more time to think. It's not an attack speed amp.

Reid has both too, but the point I was making is that Reid knows Asta is strong and thus will not hold anything back.

Does this involve going out of character to use moves he doesn't normal use before?

You know who else overcame speed blitzing sp-

Asta did his through Accelerated Development, not "intuition and talent".

Reid would not dodge, he'd slash it down with his sword thanks to concept manip.

• All Conceptual Manipulators are bound by the object of the concepts they have been shown to manipulate. A character able to manipulate the concept of darkness is not able to manipulate the concept of Anti Magic*** or an individual unless otherwise shown.

***I obviously added that there to prove a point.

• What is Reid's sensing range? I don't see enhanced senses on his page.
  • Asta resists Reid's precog

You were the one who said Asta would insta speed blitz at 3m range🗿🗿🗿
Anyways to clarify on another point, Wilhelm was fighting against Kurgan who is equal to him in speed and has multiple arms. Wilhelm blocks an attack from an arm and as soon as he does that 3 of kurgans arm appear from 3 different angles making it impossible for him to dodge or block, however Wilhelm does the AD feat and manages to not only black/parry all 3 attacks but also harm kurgan after that.

If those attacks were only comparable to Wilhelm's speed initially, then Wilhelm didn't overcome any speed advantage, much less a speed blitz. Wilhelm just grew fast enough to counter all three arms. Its nothing compared to a 20x attack speed advantage and Asta has better AD than this.

Wrong. You just contradicted yourself. An attack speed amp speeds up your attack.
That's not the case. An attack can travel faster than a character's combat or reaction speed, eg. a human level character with a gun, or laser.

There is no such speed amp on his page, except perception speed, which only gives him more time to think. It's not an attack speed amp.

When faced with a superior opponent, a sword master will get stronger[15], unleashing their most perfect attack.
Faced with『Death』that had been unleashed at him from three sides at once, the『Sword Demon’s』answer was decidedly simple.

If unavoidable death was coming for him, then he only had one yearning as a swordsman―― To use his silvery steel to thrust death faster at him.

His sword sublimated to a might that went from super-speed to hyper-speed, from hyper-speed to the speed of god, until finally transcending the very concept of steel.

Upwards, leftwards, rightwards―― He had no way of knowing what sort of feeling must have gone through the『Eight Arms’』heart the moment that he’d parried all three of his critical attacks head on.

Wilhelm himself couldn’t comprehend in the very moment how stunning of a feat that it was he’d accomplished. Perhaps his sword technique had rivalled the time when he’d defeated the『Sword Saint』Theresia at the ceremony to mark the end of the Civil War; in other words, the Absolute Sword that had reached the very pinnacle――,

Kurgan:「――There was once a man who thoroughly mastered the sword」

Wilhelm:「――」

Kurgan:「That man’s sword was beautiful, wild, serene, fierce and immensely strong」

It was a dream that many swordsmen in the world longed for.

If the longing for the uttermost sword power was envy for the『Sword Saint』, then the longing for the uttermost sword technique was called――

Kurgan:「――You’ve placed your foot down on the steps of the『Heavenly Sword』?」

Does this involve going out of character to use moves he doesn't normal use before?
"Swing his sword once" is not out of character.

Asta did his through Accelerated Development, not "intuition and talent".
I don't see how that is more impressive?

I obviously added that there to prove a point.
Do you have a misunderstanding of Reid's conceptual manipulation? It's not just that he can cut concepts- his swordsmanship manifests the very concept of what a "Sword" is.

A "Sword" is a weapon that slashes things down, and so the Heavenly Sword slashes down everything that exists for eternity:
Killing the very concept (概念) of sound and light, Reid’s flash cleaved space.

He would affirm. Should it be the stipulated sword or the chopsticks, regardless, come what may in that flash’s path, it would be slashed down.

For that was, the very manifestation of the [concept] (概念) of the 『Sword』.

The 『Sword』 was that which was brought forth for the purpose of slashing objects down.

And sword moves, was the term denoting the techniques for slashing objects down with that sword.

Henceforth, the flash which slashed down all objects in the world, was the culmination, and the long-cherished original desire, of the 『Sword』 and of 『Sword Moves』.

Those slashed by it, would not forget the truth of having been slashed down for eternity.

Thus, the scar Julius Juukulius sustained beneath his left eye, shall not fade away for eternity.

That was the indemnification for having dodged the Sword Saint’s flash, from a distance near enough to graze past.

What is Reid's sensing range? I don't see enhanced senses on his page.
As far as he can see, which would be several kilometres with pinpoint accuracy.

Asta resists Reid's precog
Both the swordsman's analytical precog and Sword Saint precog? And Reid resists precog too.

That's not the case. An attack can travel faster than a character's combat or reaction speed, eg. a human level character with a gun, or laser.

False comparison. There is no gun or laser. And a gun and laser do not inherently amp attack speeds. Zetten inherently and momentarily amps attack speed by the conversion of Life Force energy (Ki) to Anti Magic, which includes the speed of Asta’s punches, kicks, slashes and ranged slashes.

When faced with a superior opponent, a sword master will get stronger[15], unleashing their most perfect attack.
Faced with『Death』that had been unleashed at him from three sides at once, the『Sword Demon’s』answer was decidedly simple.

If unavoidable death was coming for him, then he only had one yearning as a swordsman―― To use his silvery steel to thrust death faster at him.

His sword sublimated to a might that went from super-speed to hyper-speed, from hyper-speed to the speed of god, until finally transcending the very concept of steel.

Upwards, leftwards, rightwards―― He had no way of knowing what sort of feeling must have gone through the『Eight Arms’』heart the moment that he’d parried all three of his critical attacks head on.

Wilhelm himself couldn’t comprehend in the very moment how stunning of a feat that it was he’d accomplished. Perhaps his sword technique had rivalled the time when he’d defeated the『Sword Saint』Theresia at the ceremony to mark the end of the Civil War; in other words, the Absolute Sword that had reached the very pinnacle――,

Kurgan:「――There was once a man who thoroughly mastered the sword」

Wilhelm:「――」

Kurgan:「That man’s sword was beautiful, wild, serene, fierce and immensely strong」

It was a dream that many swordsmen in the world longed for.

If the longing for the uttermost sword power was envy for the『Sword Saint』, then the longing for the uttermost sword technique was called――

Kurgan:「――You’ve placed your foot down on the steps of the『Heavenly Sword』?」

Wilhelm’s feat doesn’t apply to Reid. Accelerated Development is not a skill, it’s an inherent ability. Reid needs feat that applies to all swordsmen, if there is one that is.

"Swing his sword once" is not out of character.

In character, Reid has never been shown to range spam attacks kilometers away. He has never even fought at such distances, so he will close the distance between them in character. Asta via precognition will let him do so and perform Zetten once he senses Reid is about to attack.

I don't see how that is more impressive?

It’s not about which is more impressive, it which isn’t plot induced stupidity and which is. Accelerated Development, develops stats. “Intuition and talent” do not.

Do you have a misunderstanding of Reid's conceptual manipulation? It's not just that he can cut concepts- his swordsmanship manifests the very concept of what a "Sword" is.

A "Sword" is a weapon that slashes things down, and so the Heavenly Sword slashes down everything that exists for eternity:

Then don’t call it conceptual manipulation.

As far as he can see, which would be several kilometres with pinpoint accuracy.

Not on his page, any evidence? And please bring feats that apply to all swordsmen or swordsmen of his caliber so either a general statement or something.

Both the swordsman's analytical precog and Sword Saint precog? And Reid resists precog too.

Asts resists a sword saint’s precog not Elsa’s analytical prediction. Because a sword saint’s precog is similar to how Asta’s functions

Elsa’s analytical prediction is knowledge based so she has to experience an attack she has never seen before or know what the attack is before she can predict how the same variation of the attack will play out. It shouldn’t even be a form of prediction it’s just skill.

Reid’s resistance to that should be removed because merely being more skillful that anything Elsa has shown negs that “precognition”. Garfield merely used a kick she has seen before as bait to land a clean hit at the last moment. She already knows all of Gaff’s moves so he simply just did something else.

False comparison. There is no gun or laser. And a gun and laser do not inherently amp attack speeds. Zetten inherently and momentarily amps attack speed by the conversion of Life Force energy (Ki) to Anti Magic, which includes the speed of Asta’s punches, kicks, slashes and ranged slashes.
Asta's perception and combat speed are not amped by Zetten, Zetten itself seems to travel faster than what Asta is normally capable of. However merely facing Asta, a stronger foe, will amp Reid beyond anything he has ever shown before.

Wilhelm’s feat doesn’t apply to Reid. Accelerated Development is not a skill, it’s an inherent ability. Reid needs feat that applies to all swordsmen, if there is one that is.
It does and it is, you can see why in the skill blog.

It’s not about which is more impressive, it which isn’t plot induced stupidity and which is. Accelerated Development, develops stats. “Intuition and talent” do not.
The number difference of the feat is not accepted, but the skill feat of being able to deal with a faster opponent via skill is.

Then don’t call it conceptual manipulation.
It is conceptual manipulation though, it probably can be specified as durability negation via conceptual manipulation, as it embodies the concept of the "Sword".

Not on his page, any evidence? And please bring feats that apply to all swordsmen or swordsmen of his caliber so either a general statement or something.

His eyesight is better than Shaula who can see with perfect accuracy from kilometres away.
Q: Please list the top 5 people with the best eyesight (not perception) in this world.
A: Reinhard > Reid > Thearesia > Shaula > 『Gluttony』

Reid’s resistance to that should be removed because merely being more skillful that anything Elsa has shown negs that “precognition”. Garfield merely used a kick she has seen before as bait to land a clean hit at the last moment. She already knows all of Gaff’s moves so he simply just did something else.
I agree with the Elsa justification not being valid, but only the justification needs to be updated, since Reid >>> Wilhelm, who could resist the analytical prediction of Theresia.

Asta's perception and combat speed are not amped by Zetten, Zetten itself seems to travel faster than what Asta is normally capable of.
Attack speed is not combat speed. So only an attack is sped up >>>20x Asta’s regular combat speed. And yes Asta can spam it.

What’s your point here exactly? How does this save Reid from not getting blitzed by a slash?

However merely facing Asta, a stronger foe, will amp Reid beyond anything he has ever shown before.

Leaving aside the fact that Asta also resists information analysis, Reid is incapable of knowing how strong exactly Asta is so his non existent accelerated development will activate. Speaking of non existent accelerated development, you still can’t scale inherent abilities like this. Yes I read the blog.

In that blog, Theresia’s AD feat had the only generalized statement for sword masters which is good. However, it was not only strength based (not speed based at all) but about sword masters drawing out all their latent strength. Reinhard drew out all her latent strength in their fight. In this match up under SBA, Reid is assumed to be at his full strength. So Reid will not get any stronger. It isn’t like Asta’s AD where he Surpasses His Limits™️ numerous

That blog needs to be heavily scrutinized for several reasons. First of all. It contains a bunch of hax as skill such as Fear Manipulation, Aura and Accelerated Development. It also contains a lot of inherent abilities used for layering skill. Only generalized statements like Theresia’s are to be used for skill/ability/hax scaling to others. Inherent abilities that only an individual possesses can not be assumed to be possessed by another individual normally and especially not with the premise of higher skill.

The number difference of the feat is not accepted, but the skill feat of being able to deal with a faster opponent via skill is.

You are correct but the limit is speed blitzing speeds. which you have been arguing for. So have you stopped assuming skill could overcome a speed blitz? Do you now see that it’s PIS? Do you agree that actually raising your stats to match the speed or surpass it isn’t PIS? So yeah Asta’s Accelerated Development is more reasonable than Ram’s Intuition and Talent.

It is conceptual manipulation though, it probably can be specified as durability negation via conceptual manipulation, as it embodies the concept of the "Sword".

If you insist it’s Conceptual Manipulation then it must follow our standards on Conceptual Manipulation. Asta has faced Devils that are capable of burning and freezing anything including concepts. He has faced Morris who can dismantle and rearrange concepts. They all have been stated to affect everything… everything except Anti Magic for obvious reasons. Yet we supporters still follow the site standard and not assume they can affect anything that isn’t remotely similar to the black clover verse. Because thats no limit fallacy.

His eyesight is better than Shaula who can see with perfect accuracy from kilometres away.
I’m referring to extrasensory perception type of senses, cuz they’re both obstructed by obstacles in the SBA location. Seeing kilometers is a feat humans can do on a clear day with no obstacles. So they will be prompted to go to the location where the opponent is. The two fighters only know the starting location of the other fighter.
I agree with the Elsa justification not being valid, but only the justification needs to be updated, since Reid >>> Wilhelm, who could resist the analytical prediction of Theresia.

Wilhelm didn’t resist analytical prediction, because he became skilled enough to not have any openings. Theresia’s ability is information analysis and pressure points or clairvoyance and pressure point where white lines show up and she just follows it’s path to hit vulnerable spots for easy kill. With enough skill these spots can be easily defended against thereby removing those white lines. This is what gradually happened to Wilhelm during his fight with Theresia. Reid should have resistance to pressure point strikes too. I need to make a crt to change the name of pressure point tbh

Anyway overall take away is Reid doesn’t resist precognition at all.

I want to make a revision to the skill blog too.
I will make a thread to discuss it. It's largely just a compilation of feats, and then my conclusions about what i think it all means, however i could be wrong, others might have different interpretations/thoughts about some things. But regardless once that discussion is had, the blog, and profiles will be updated to match those conclusions.

I see people arguing about the state of the profiles ie Garfiel having resistance to precog, while me and other Re Zero fans, are trying to make things better, but constantly getting distacted by vs matches, against the most mysterious/vague Re Zero characters on top of that, imo it's not productive.

I will make a thread to discuss it. It's largely just a compilation of feats, and then my conclusions about what i think it all means, however i could be wrong, others might have different interpretations/thoughts about some things. But regardless once that discussion is had, the blog, and profiles will be updated to match those conclusions.
That's good.👍
I see people arguing about the state of the profiles ie Garfiel having resistance to precog, while me and other Re Zero fans, are trying to make things better, but constantly getting distacted by vs matches, against the most mysterious/vague Re Zero characters on top of that, imo it's not productive.
I can stop making Re:ZERO matches then, If that's a problem. Sorry for the incovenience.

That's good.👍

I can stop making Re:ZERO matches then, If that's a problem. Sorry for the incovenience.
I don't think anything is wrong with making Re Zero matches, but people have to understand that the matches are done based on what's currently on the profiles, you argue with that, anything incorrect will be addressed later.

Though i will also say imo i don't think Reid or Satella should be in vs matches. We have only seen what Reid is capable of when playing around against people far below his level, what sort of skills and abilities does he truly have when serious? Only Tappei knows, and that won't be revealed for a while.

As for Satella, we all have to remember that she is suppose to still be sealed, what exactly does a full power Satella look like? Why can't Reid who can cut concepts leaving unhealable wounds, not kill her? We don't know.

Base Reinhard i think is fair game, cause we have seen a lot of what he can do, but with Reid imo is a total no go, since every time we have seen him use it he either one shots people, or the fight is off screen, we have no idea what Reid is fully capable of, or who even made the thing.

That blog needs to be heavily scrutinized for several reasons. First of all. It contains a bunch of hax as skill such as Fear Manipulation, Aura and Accelerated Development.
Those hax are not necessarily skill feats but they are something that comes from being highly skilled in ReZero. Maybe the blog wasn't clear.
It also contains a lot of inherent abilities used for layering skill. Only generalized statements like Theresia’s are to be used for skill/ability/hax scaling to others. Inherent abilities that only an individual possesses can not be assumed to be possessed by another individual normally and especially not with the premise of higher skill.
They can in ReZero. That's simply how the power system works. And to be frank, you seem to constantly display a complete lack of knowledge on the series.

Those hax are not necessarily skill feats but they are something that comes from being highly skilled in ReZero. Maybe the blog wasn't clear.

Those haxes don’t just appear when a level of skill has been reached, they’re either innate to everyone or unique to specific characters. Those haxes just level up as the fighters themselves become stronger, which isn’t necessarily related to skill whatsoever.

They can in ReZero.
Nope. Never happens.

That's simply how the power system works. And to be frank, you seem to constantly display a complete lack of knowledge on the series.

I am very knowledgeable on the anime and have built up considerable knowledge beyond the anime. Just because I haven’t fully caught doesn’t mean you can stupid assessments like this when faced with scrutiny.

You on the other hand seem to constantly display a complete lack of power scaling or site knowledge in general. You can’t even tell the difference between an outlier in fiction or coherent fictional story.

My knowledge has nothing to do with this debate so you can leave it out. Thank you.

The power system is Magic, it has its unique and general properties. Only it’s general properties can be applied to everyone else. Unique showings go to characters that perform them.

Those haxes don’t just appear when a level of skill has been reached, they’re either innate to everyone or unique to specific characters. Those haxes just level up as the fighters themselves become stronger, which isn’t necessarily related to skill whatsoever.
You're not entirely wrong there but they're more like latent abilities that they begin to be able to use at a certain level. They're still inherit effects of the mana that all characters use.
I am very knowledgeable on the anime and have built up considerable knowledge beyond the anime. Just because I haven’t fully caught doesn’t mean you can stupid assessments like this when faced with scrutiny.
The anime is about 1% of the total content, probably less when it comes to powerscaling. And second hand knowledge does not make you knowledgeable enough to dispute the agreed upon abilities that have already been implemented.
You on the other hand seem to constantly display a complete lack of power scaling or site knowledge in general. You can’t even tell the difference between an outlier in fiction or coherent fictional story.
I agreed that it is impossible and that we should disregard it if that's what the site dictates, but that no proof of that as been brought up besides a single mod's word against anothers while counterexamples have been brought up. And yet I still agreed it was fine to disregard it anyway.
My knowledge has nothing to do with this debate so you can leave it out. Thank you.
If you're going to constantly derail and throw a fit over the abilities of the character then yes, it absolutely does matter.
The power system is Magic, it has its unique and general properties. Only it’s general properties can be applied to everyone else. Unique showings go to characters that perform them.
They are general properties. The characters just have to reach the level where they can harness them.

Last edited:
Back