• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You are aware that you can’t generalize Anti Magic energy to all types of energy based attacks right? That’s an Association Fallacy.
Can you tell me the so special about anti magic that makes it so different than the rest of the energies? Because i won't understand that argument if you are not going to explain it
You are basically promoting NLF this way, and I am definitely not going to fight NLF with NLF with that statement.
Not really. In the end Reid still attacks via physical means and Asta can ignore it as shown when he cut Yrul (And I'm pretty sure he can also use this ability to counter Yosuga's ability to cut anything) but yeah the everything n anything statement is hella exaggerated

I asked a Mod and he said he could agree that Anti Magic could be cut. Tho I personally think that’s just NLF. He also said Reid’s shit is hax not skill so there’s that.

So I’m moving on from this point.

This is the explanation in the text for why Reid cuts whatever he wants to cut:
Killing the very concept (概念) of sound and light, Reid’s flash cleaved space.

He would affirm. Should it be the stipulated sword or the chopsticks, regardless, come what may in that flash’s path, it would be slashed down.

For that was, the very manifestation of the [concept] (概念) of the 『Sword』.

The 『Sword』 was that which was brought forth for the purpose of slashing objects down.

And sword moves, was the term denoting the techniques for slashing objects down with that sword.

Henceforth, the flash which slashed down all objects in the world, was the culmination, and the long-cherished original desire, of the 『Sword』 and of the 『Sword Moves』.

Those slashed by it, would not forget the truth of having been slashed down for eternity.

Thus, the scar Julius Juukulius sustained beneath his left eye, shall not fade away for eternity.

That was the indemnification for having dodged the Sword Saint’s flash, from a distance near enough to graze past.

It’s just hax, and I already said a mod agreed it can cut an

Let’s move on from this.

It looks like the OP wants this match to be concluded. So is the starting distance still 3m? How is Reid dodging a Zetten slash from that distance. Skill still?

It’s just hax, and I already said a mod agreed it can cut an
I just want to add that I agree with this anyway. He can do it because he's so skilled but the only way it's useful for skill scaling is by showing he's more skilled that someone who can't like Reinhard. Otherwise it's just hax.

It looks like the OP wants this match to be concluded. So is the starting distance still 3m? How is Reid dodging a Zetten slash from that distance. Skill still?
Still skill.

And we have reached the end of our discussion.

I vote Asta via Zetten slash.

The slash is 20x faster than Reid can move and it can be a wide range attack spanning kilometers.

You are aware that you can’t generalize Anti Magic energy to all types of energy based attacks right? That’s an Association Fallacy.

You are basically promoting NLF this way, and I am definitely not going to fight NLF with NLF with that statement.
Then what is the composition of anti-magic? If it's just another type of magic that isn't more difficult to interact with like concepts. Reid gonna cut them down without fail.

Then what is the composition of anti-magic? If it's just another type of magic that isn't more difficult to interact with like concepts. Reid gonna cut them down without fail.

Its not another type of magic, and a mod said it can cut it anyway so idc.

Some says AM is a modified version of time magic lol (That theory of asta n liebe being the child of "Asta"roth the time devil, just because of his name)

Voting Reid FRA.

I like that 130x argument and i don't give a **** if this site deemed feats like that as an outlier, their rules here has no power over Re Zero

Voting Reid FRA.

I like that 130x argument and i don't give a **** if this site deemed feats like that as an outlier, their rules here has no power over Re Zero
Hi, staff member here. This 130x argument is ridiculous. You don't just dodge stuff 130x faster than you via skill, that's quite literally impossible

I'm totally willing to scrap the matchup if that's what the mods want but my opinion doesn't change that impossible things just happen in fiction. That's what makes them fiction.

By wiki standards what should probably be taken from the feat is "Being able to deal with far physically superior opponents via skill", and not the literal 130x speed difference.

And that has nothing to do with speed blitz and that was what was accepted in the crt. That’s how @Celestial_Pegasus saw it. And yet it’s being used here as evidence that Reid can overcome the speed gap. Ram was simply a slower character to an unknown degree using her skill to overcome the challenge. If those attacks could blitz her she would’ve been blitzed.

We have a term for that. It's called Plot-Induced Stupidity
Then every case of time travel or characters moving faster than light is pis because it's impossible? Perhaps so but it doesn't change the fact they happen.

I am definitely in favor of scrapping that argument anyway as it's not like the 130x difference is explicitly pointed out by the text but from what I heard there are even more extreme examples on the wiki.

Then every case of time travel or characters moving faster than light is pis because it's impossible? Perhaps so but it doesn't change the fact they happen.

I am definitely in favor of scrapping that argument anyway as it's not like the 130x difference is explicitly pointed out by the text but from what I heard there are even more extreme examples on the wiki.

If you are scrapping the argument what basis is your vote on then? How is Reid overcoming a 20x attack speed difference?

Already debunked this but
if you gonna scrap this argument, i also not gonna say anything.

If Asta supporters think this is a 20x speed blitz and Reid supporters think this is a skill/hax stomp, then we can all shake hands and agree this is a mismatch rather than going in circles.

So lemme get this straight you’re only willing to get this match going if Reid is winning but agree to mismatch if he’s losing

If Asta supporters think this is a 20x speed blitz and Reid supporters think this is a skill/hax stomp, then we can all shake hands and agree this is a mismatch rather than going in circles.
Pretty sure you the only one saying that this as a skill/hax stomp from Reid, but okay.

Back