• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Reid has some great match up potential
He's a better character for matchups than Reinhard, because he does not have insane defensive hax and thus wayyy more characters could in theory kill him, and his offensive hax is even stronger than Reinhard's.

Anyway I think Asta gets outskilled here, Reid's swordsmanship is at a level where he can slash space-time, dimensions, invisible connection that do not physically exist, and even concepts themselves.

Reid has incredible instinctual reactions on par with Reinhard's (though not further boosted by supernatural means) who can avoid every raindrop in a rainstorm. He is also able to completely transfer the force of attacks out of his body through his feet, and so blocking Asta's attacks with the indestructable Dragon Sword should be a simple task.

People like Peak Wilhelm, Theresia, and Kurgan are only at the level of placing a foot down on the first step on the stairway to Reid's skill as the Heavenly Sword, and they are inhumanly skilled swordsmen that can predict and avoid layered invisible attacks that are impossible to sense, just based on how the person looks, breathes, and the air hanging above them.

Then, a blow from one of his chopsticks dropped down towards his head――

Reid: “Get pulverised, ya prick.”

With a vertical flash, his slash, accompanied by a shockwave, cut through air, space, and even concepts.

His sword slash was so overwhelming that ways to even express it no longer came to their minds. It was so beautiful, that even though his weapon had been a chopstick, one could not help but be captivated by it, even if they were an amateur at swordplay―― It was the pinnacle of swordplay, the very culmination of it, that which was what was being manifested there.

A slash so beautiful, that one would probably die from just admiring it.
Subaru: “That, is…”

At a single glance, it could be understood that it was a great magic that affected space.

This was more of an issue of imaging it so, rather than having knowledge about it. Subaru had heard of Beatrice being a wasteful Spirit, but the actual power held by truly great magic could not even be in the same league of comparison.

Subaru had been unaware, that this was even possible. This was, a harvest.

That black hole swallowed Reid, and repelled away his Sword Saint off to somewhere unknown――

Reid: “The hell, it’s just air. Somethin’ like air’s everywhere, as if it’d stop me.”

With just a single swing of his chopsticks, Reid broke through that immense magic with extreme easiness.

A carefree attitude as if, quite literally, slashing through air―― no, for him, it truly was exactly that. He did not have the nature of taking roundabouts around something which he was capable of doing and then boasting about it.

He had slashed the air, so that was his explanation. That was all there was to it.

Subaru: “Slashing dimensions, as far as I know, gives me an image of being quite the top-rank ability, you know…

6-B vs High 6-C, looks good enough. Why doesn't Asta one shot exactly?

Reid has incredible instinctual reactions on par with Reinhard's (though Reid's is not further boosted by supernatural means) who can avoid every raindrop in a rainstorm. He is also able to completely transfer the force of attacks out of his body through his feet, and so blocking Asta's attacks with the indestructable Dragon Sword should be a simple task.

Plus he should be able to destroy attacks just by slashing them, thanks to conceptual cutting.

If Asta directly hits Reid with a sharp/cutting attack (basically any of swords) then he'll bisect Reid with ease.

I din't read the other comments yet, but because of the difference in AP, when the two Clash swords here, Reid gonna have his arms breaks right due to the pressure, right? Or i missing something.

That might be why he is in his 6-B key only, since Black Asta gets a speed amp.

But even then Reid is perfectly capable of fighting faster opponents, even when they're attacking from multiple angles at once.

Even if Asta is faster than Reid intially, he will not only catch up, but surpass him in a very short time frame, hell you could even argue Reid should also get a much higher speed rating since what Wilhelm van Astrea does is likely a technique of some sort which lets him take the first step on the stairway to Reid, and that lets him go from super speed, to hyper speed, to speed of god, to transcending the concept of steel, but since it touches on Reid, which we don't know a lot about, we don't even know what that technique is even called. The power of plagiarism aids me.

I din't read the other comments yet, but because of the difference in AP, when the two Clash swords here, Reid gonna have his arms breaks right due to the pressure, right? Or i missing something.
He can harmlessly transfer the force of non-cutting attacks out of his body through the soles of his feet. If a sword clashes against his he can tranfer the force out of himself.

Thats kinda an LS aspect not AP, but I don’t think this would realistically happen in a sword clash. At most the joints or hand won’t be strong enough to complete the swing and would result in the weaker getting slashed and/or getting disarmed.

Thats kinda an LS aspect not AP, but I don’t think this would realistically happen in a sword clash. At most the joints or hand won’t be strong enough to complete the swing and would result in the weaker getting slashed and/or getting disarmed.
The clash is ap, if they push the other away afterwards it's LS

That's not the Asta in the OP, so no. It looks like Spade Kingdom Raid Arc Asta, in his 6-B key.

That's not the Asta in the OP, so no. It looks like Spade Kingdom Raid Arc Asta, in his 6-B key.

I am aware of that. It should be switched to EoS Asta. It’s more fair and literally a better match up unless y’all are just farming Reid wins with matches that are just barely feasible.

Satella's intentions are unknown to me. I don't even think Re:Zero top tiers should be used in matches since the story is only half-way done and their abilities are so vague. If EoS is a better matchup I think it should be changed to that.

Satella's intentions are unknown to me. I don't even think Re:Zero top tiers should be used in matches since the story is only half-way done and their abilities are so vague. If EoS is a better matchup I think it should be changed to that.
Meh, they could still be used trought, since we basicaly knows they baseline abilities and How they fight to some extent.
Minus Volcanica, i hate that thing.

I am aware of that. It should be switched to EoS Asta. It’s more fair and literally a better match up unless y’all are just farming Reid wins with matches that are just barely feasible.
He is multi continental in that key with class P LS, wouldnt that be a one shot stomp?

He can harmlessly transfer the force of non-cutting attacks out of his body through the soles of his feet. If a sword clashes against his he can tranfer the force out of himself
Can he do It with attack ten times stronger than him?

Unknown. Literally nothing is known about the Re:Zero top tiers other than they're crazy strong.
Reid exaggerated the reason he had bathed in Ram’s storm-like fists. However, returning to the original topic, the truth was that he could more or less not feel any of the damage he had taken.

The trick behind that too, was pronounced from Julius’s mouth. Whilst keeping Ram in his embrace, Julius gently turned his gaze backwards―― towards the aisle which had been fissured by the close combat.

Julius: “You had all of Miss Ram’s attacks escape onto the floor with the bottom of your feet, was it.”

Reid: “It’s a technique a woman friend of mine, Trisha, used to be good at, ya see.”

Reid laughed with a “Kaka”, as he firmly stomped his zori on the aisle.

Hearing the conversation of the two, Subaru, while continuing to shiver, glanced at the crevices of the aisle. The endless wounds born onto the aisle were proof of Reid having directed Ram’s attacks onto the corridor.

It was perhaps some technique to direct the impact of blows towards someplace else―― It could be said to be the culmination of martial arts.

Subaru: “…Ah.”

And in fact, when Ram’s initial blow had stabbed into him, Subaru too had witnessed the aisle tremendously fissure with his own eyes. Same applied to all subsequent consecutive strikes.

If he was taking hits with his body he might be blown to bits, but he's recieving the actual blows with his sword- which is indestructable- so I don't really see why he couldn't transfer the force out of his body.

He also has the option of simply dodging, or even deciding to not block or dodge, and simply use a slash of his own- which would snuff out Asta's attacks despite their greater ap due to his concept slashing.

I'm fine with like Devil Union Asta or whatever key is strongest- the arguments for Reid would not really change since he still outskills and can one-shot with concept slash.

I'm fine with like Devil Union Asta or whatever key is strongest- the arguments for Reid would not really change since he still outskills and can one-shot with concept slash.
Why he outskills? I reading the Asta profile here, and he done pretty impressive stuff, they most likely on par.

Also, according with page for concept, his concept slash can't really one-shot, unless is show to work against people. Like, If he can cut the concept of sound, don't mean he can dura neg by default. Unless i missing something again.

Idk about the former, Asta’s skills especially at the EoS won’t make this a skill stomp.

You’re right for the latter. But Reid does have Dura neg.

Why he outskills? I reading the Asta profile here, and he done pretty impressive stuff, they most likely on par.

Asta is very skilled yes, but nothing looks even close to Reid's skill feats of slashing space-time, slashing a black hole, slashing through dimensions, and slashing down concepts- all with just a regular wooden chopstick.
Then, a blow from one of his chopsticks dropped down towards his head――

Reid: “Get pulverised, ya prick.”

With a vertical flash, his slash, accompanied by a shockwave, cut through air, space, and even concepts.

His sword slash was so overwhelming that ways to even express it no longer came to their minds. It was so beautiful, that even though his weapon had been a chopstick, one could not help but be captivated by it, even if they were an amateur at swordplay―― It was the pinnacle of swordplay, the very culmination of it, that which was what was being manifested there.

A slash so beautiful, that one would probably die from just admiring it.
Subaru: “That, is…”

At a single glance, it could be understood that it was a great magic that affected space.

This was more of an issue of imaging it so, rather than having knowledge about it. Subaru had heard of Beatrice being a wasteful Spirit, but the actual power held by truly great magic could not even be in the same league of comparison.

Subaru had been unaware, that this was even possible. This was, a harvest.

That black hole swallowed Reid, and repelled away his Sword Saint off to somewhere unknown――

Reid: “The hell, it’s just air. Somethin’ like air’s everywhere, as if it’d stop me.”

With just a single swing of his chopsticks, Reid broke through that immense magic with extreme easiness.

A carefree attitude as if, quite literally, slashing through air―― no, for him, it truly was exactly that. He did not have the nature of taking roundabouts around something which he was capable of doing and then boasting about it.

He had slashed the air, so that was his explanation. That was all there was to it.

Subaru: “Slashing dimensions, as far as I know, gives me an image of being quite the top-rank ability, you know…

Reid is has also reached the Heavenly Sword, the ultimate sword technique and the envy of all warriors who seek to master their skill. This puts Reid at the very top of his verse's skill chain- he is an entirely dimension from the rest of the verse such as Garfiel, Elsa, Kurgan, Theresia, Wilhelm, and Cecilus, who at their peaks have only placed a single step on the stairway to reaching the Heavenly Sword. Even Reinhard van Astrea who is the strongest character in the verse cannot match Reid's technique.
Superior to Wilhelm, who is superior to Julius who can dodge invisible attacks with instincts. Fights on the level of Garfiel are immediate, with no delay between decision making and action[12], with the slightest delay being exploited by their opponent[12]
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reid_Astrea?so=search#cite_note-Volume_20,_Chapter_3-12
More skilled than Old Wilhelm, who is stated to be inhuman in comparison to[13] Juulius, who mid-combat can make his attacks become more sure and accurate. Far more skilled than Garfiel, who while fighting Elsa, was able to counter her ability to foresee attacks she had seen before[14], even if done with overwhelming numbers. More skilled than Elsa, who in a couple months gained the ability to predict future attacks, hit vitals despite her senses being interfered with etc. When faced with a superior opponent, a sword master will get stronger[15], unleashing their most perfect attack. More skilled than Wilhelm who grows faster[16] and more nimble in combat, and on the verge of death, gets even faster than when he was in perfect health[17]. More skilled as Wilhelm who with every attack, the angle, and intensity becomes more precise[18], eventually breaking through the defenses of his opponents.

Also, according with page for concept, his concept slash can't really one-shot, unless is show to work against people. Like, If he can cut the concept of sound, don't mean he can dura neg by default. Unless i missing something again.
While Reid is specifically mentioned to kill the concepts of sound and light at one point, he is stated more broadly to be able to slash down concepts generally. He slashes through a black hole and even cuts through the invisible connections between people that do not physically exist. All through pure skill, while wielding only a chopstick.

Subaru: “Severing the connection between me and Ram…? In the first place, how did that even…”

Reid: “I just told’cha. I slash down what I wanna slash down, live where I wanna live, and sleep with women I wanna sleep with―― I slashed down that borin’ game, all while hummin’.”

So did Reid declare without a care.

Cutting things which could not be seen. Alternatively, cutting connections which did not even exist physically.

Was the capability of doing so, the true ability of the existence named the Sword Saint?

Looks more akin to hax ability than skill. Definitely skill was involved in the slashing but really?

It is specifically stated to be the culmination of Reid's ultimate skill with the sword, it can be considered hax achieved through skill. He has become so skilled as the Heavenly Sword that he literally just cuts through whatever he feels like.

While Reid is specifically mentioned to kill the concepts of sound and light at one point, he is stated more broadly to be able to slash down concepts generally. He slashes through a black hole and even cuts through the invisible connections between people that do not physically exist. All through pure skill, while wielding only a chopstick.
Yeah i know, but he not gonna be using his Conceptual cutting to duraneg If he never as shown be able to do so.

Back