• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 4

The front desk has a sweet, youthful looking receptionist manning it.

"Well hello sweetie." He says. "What do you need around here?"

@Phoenix

"Well, what did you expected? We are humans, everything that is evil reside on us, destroying things should be expected, just look at this world, we brought its own destruction"

"I wanted to set up a building for it. Thought I'd need to get a warrant for it or something."

I shrug.

"And what I plan on doing with the guild involves the rest of Texarkana."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"This place being destroyed was inevitable, to the miners it was a symbol of the thing that kept them as slaves. That's how humans are." Corvus answers.
"Oh Oh, "How humans are" ? I am getting the feleing you are impling you aren't one, i am wrong ?"

Ukyo asks to the archer.

@Dragon: "Oh? You need a building? I see. I can send you into the mayor's office, he's clear today." The receptionist says, turning on a speaker and gently telling the mayor that someone is coming to see them.

"He's right either way. The miners would have torn the town down even if it wasn't burnt down first. That much was guaranteed, people don't like being enslaved and losing their freedom, so in regaining it they can turn violent and destructive towards those who kept them enslaved, and things that remind them of their time enslaved." Nero says, piping up

"The town used the workers as slaves, and the boss profited off their work by selling coal to those who would buy it. So if you attacked because she burned down the town, that was pointless. Although, it's a bit surprising that the slaver girl of all peoppe is the one who destroyed the town for the previously enslaved people." He continues

"Can we have this discussion as we leave? There seems to be no point in staying here now that the fight has concluded" Sanson says as he stands.

"Oh don't be ridiculous, Jack Frost. What would he be other than human," the woman said with a roll of her eyes. "It could just be a fancy way of speaking. Seems like the kind of person who has a way with words."

@Dragon: The security lets you in and opens the door for you. The mayor is a young black man with a greyish suit and an oddly tall haircut, like something from 30 years before the end. As you enter he's doing paperwork.

"State your purpose for being here." He says without looking up.

Seeing that it's night, I once again find a corner to myself in a remote place, and gone to sleep. I will trade tomorrow

"Of course not, that was just a general statement. To them, the town would represent exactly what they hated, the people that oppressed them." Corvus replies.

"But that's enough of the philosophy talk now, we should get going, it's getting dark and I doubt any of us want to stay the night in this burning ruin." He says, beginning to walk west again.

I approach Sophie.

"Ok, apparently you will come with us ... and I don't like the thing at all, so remember this ... if you burn another city, I swear I will blow your head ... understand?"

"Blow my head?" She asked before giggling softly. She inhaled and blew a stream of air in his face. She chuckled. "Looks like I beat you to it! Always one step ahead of you." She tapped a finger against her head and giggled.

Nero heads west as well, wondering how much longer this "group" would manage to stay together, and how many more conflicts would break out.

Fights like this breaking out, especially this soon, aren't a good sign. Never turns out well for the groups especially since they almost always end with someone dead. He thinks as he walks

Quentima approaches both Adrian and Sophie

"You know, you can't say a thing to her since you are no less guilty for the city being in ruins" She says to Adrian

@Phoenix

"...Alright, ignoring me, neat." She than turns back to Sophie and Adrian one more time

"Can you at least fight while you are walking? Otherwise you'll stay in this cuty" She says as she follows Corvus

Sanson chuckles to himself as he wonders how much longer this group can stay together.

These fools are gonna tear each other apart, ill just have to keep back and watch.

"Didn't think you'd want to hear what I have to say, but if you insist." Corvus answers Quentima while walking.

"This world is done, nothing we do here will amount to anything, the world has long since ended, I didn't expect anything better, all I'm here for is to see where this goes, if it takes me somewhere interesting." Corvus replies in a surprisingly relaxed tone for what he's saying.

I look at Quentima with an annoyed expression.

"You're the one who fired the first shot when I said it wasn't necessary ... don't judge me if you don't judge yourself first," I exclaim to then move my gaze to the red-haired woman.

"And as for you, I'm keeping an eye on you," I say to then go in the direction the others are going.

"What a shitty day," I murmur, taking my bottle of water and finishing it to then throwing it away.

@Phoenix

"Well, no shit, when you have a bunch of people like roaming around the world by choice, you know that we did something wrong in the past, and that error costed our world" She than makes a thinking face

"But, what happens if you don't find something interesting? What happens if you find that the only thing left in the world is sadness and misery? What would you do?"

@Faruel

"Well, i didn't shout to the miners that they were free, besides, i am a bad person, you should expect that from me"

@Pyromaniacs: As the night becomes darker, you see a sign on the road saying rest is at the next right.

"As long as humans exist, there'll be something new to see, though if that'll ever lead anywhere is unknown. If I somehow ended up as the last one standing, I'm not sure what I'd do, probably just... wait, until my own time runs out." He answers, still sounding rather relaxed, but showing a tiny, if present, hint of sadness towards the end.

"But I doubt I'll need to worry about that, for now I'll just travel, see where it takes me, see if I can find anything new, some of you are good examples of that." He says, returning to his natural tone of speech.

@Phoenix

Quentima chuckles a little

"For the look of things, you and those other 2 will be the last standing, everyone else is just a murder machine or a psycho. At least you won't be alone, if that is what you fear."

"And well, you only need some time to transform the new in old, so i guess that in some days you'll be parting without us, and for that i wish you good luck Corvus, you probably don't need, but i'll wish anyway"

@Everyone

"So, we follow the sign or no?"

"Don't think that'll happen that quickly this time. Something feels different about you all." He answers.

"Might as well follow it, no reason not to."

Hl3 or bust said:
Jonah goes over to the guy that I saw before, sitting down beside him.

"Hey girly-man, odd seein' each other again innit?"
"...oh, it's you."

As a result of being even deader inside than usual, Aná decides that he may as well talk.

"Are you following me? Gonna kill me and loot my corpse?"

"Well, i don't know why one would want to be next us, but i guess, you do you" The thot says to Corvus

"Well, if you say so" Quentima than goes towards where the sign points to

Back