• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 3

Receiving the amount, I scourge through the entire base, looking for any piece of scrap and rubble that I can put into my storage, along with some valuable

@Psycho: Supplies such as food are common, there's also some basic bedding, fire starters, backpacks, etc

@Andy: Scrap metal and rubble is very common, there's no short supply for you today.

@Crimson: You pass the base along the way. The road beyond it has a fork, one leading south and one further west.

Corvus does some scavenging as well, picking up a backpack along the way in addition to the bag he made, so he can carry more supplies, heading back to the shack once he's done.

"For the moment the group is made up of me, Quentima and Corvus, our name is ... The Outlanders", I say, waving my hand slightly.

"Not a group as much as a collection of wanderers, I'd say. Got nothing better to do but stick together for now." Corvus says upon returning.

"I see. I guess I'll go with you guys for now, no reason not to I suppose, let me go grab some more stuff before we go anywhere though." Nero answers before walking off

He goes to pick up a backpack, some fire starting stuff and more food and water, and puts it all in the backpack, returning when he was done

"Hey, I don't have a place to stay and Quentima seems like one who lives day by day ... we certainly won't stay in that dilapidated city ... also I like to travel"

@Dragoon & Yobo

"Hey, at least we can start looting now."

@Tor

RIka starts looking around the battlefield for any useful loot.

I don't want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart...

She didn't know the exact origin of the phrase. Some old world proverb, perhaps. Maybe it was a fairy tale fragment that she would never find the other pieces for. Either way, that saying was...probably one of the stupidest things she's ever heard. Not set the world on fire? Please, that's lame as all hell. Everything's better with a little heat, and a little pain, and chaos.

The woman hummed to herself as she walked through the apocalypse, behind her there was a woman in rags, and a collar on her, carrying a moderately full bag. She looked back at the woman and smiled before continuing to move. "So, do you think we'll make it there soon, Alison?"

"Possibly," the girl muttered as she continued walking. Her eyes were as dead as her personality. Absolutely pitiful, and absolutely boring. She rolled her eyes and continued on. They were planning on investigating some commotion she couldn't help hit overhear. Commotion generally means some good loot for her, or some people to brand. She hadn't exactly gotten many, with Alison being the only one so far. She's have to change that soon.

"What a wonderful day, too," she said as she slowly began to approach where the commotion had all started from. Looked like signs of a battle, that's for sure. "And sounds like some people had a wonderful time, and the looks help back it up. A lovely time for a walk, and for some mayhem." She chuckled. "Maybe we'll even get a new friend."

And onward she continued, until something or someone caught her interest

@Junko: There are more weapons than you could ever need along with several strange square weapons. The powered armor stands untouched.

"Let us know when you want to head out." Corvus replies, before wandering off to continue scavenging, he notices the new people that weren't part of the fighting group and looks at them, he doesn't remain out of sight but does remain on guard.

@Tor

Rika's eye's sparkle. "Gimmie gimmie gimmie!" She runs over to the armor with her robots, her bigger robo picks it up. "Hohohoho~!" Someone seems happy.

Ada just watches the two loot the area, since she doesn't want anything herself. Besides, something dangerous could happen.

I approach Corvus.

"New arrivals huh? Some arrived in the city, I saw them in passing but I didn't talk much with them"

Sophie would quickly notice someone staring at her, and she blinked before smiling. She held a hand out towards Alison and, within a few seconds, she had a folding fan in her hands. Very noticeable, very colorful, very fancy. She opened it up and waved at the man, definitely getting his attention now.

"Yoo-hooooo. Don't mind me. Just wanted to see what the ruckus was. Don't suppose you caused it?"

@Dragon: The gun instantly shoots out a solid red laser.

@Hl3: There's a fork in the road west, one heading further west and one heading south. You see (Crimson).

Corvus approaches a bit closer, still remaining cautious.

"We did, we orchestrated a raid of sorts on this base here, as you can see that succeeded."

"Oh, a raid. Lovely thing, lovely thing," she said with a small nod as she glanced around her environment. She smiled sweetly at the man. "Can I ask what led you to such violent actions? You aren't raiders and ruffians, are you?"

"Yes, if you want there are provisions in that shed ... hurry before they run out," I say to the woman with a disinterested tone.

"These people threatened us a bit ago back in town, when we fought them off they tried retreating to here, they were raiders themselves too."

"Hmm, raiders. Unsightly. Don't quite belong here, if you ask me," she said with a sigh as she approached the man. The more she approached, the more her burns were noticeable. "So, since you conquered a base, where are you heading?"

"Further west seems likely. Don't intend on sticking around here for long." Corvus replies, looking a bit surprised at the burns.

"Are you injured? You don't seem to be acting like it." He asks.

"Uhh, those are burns, do you want help? I'm a good healer ... and probably the only one in the radius of kilometers"

"Oh, these?" She tapped some of her scars. They were obvious, dotting along her face just like they were freckles. She giggled a little, a gleam in her eye. "I'll assure you I'm fine. Think of the scars as something like reminders. Isn't that right, Alison?"

"Sure thing..."

I arch an eyebrow then tilt my head slightly towards the other woman.

"Err ... is your friend okay? She seems a little ... lost"

"Oh, Alison? Don't worry about her. Besides form being mind numbingly boring, she's perfectly fine. I take good care of her, dont i?"

Alison stayed shut and kept her hands in her pockets. Sophie chuckled a little and then, through gritted teeth. "Don't I, Alison?"

"
Sure thing," she muttered.

"Excellent." She smiled. "My name is Sophie, by the way."

Nero glances to the girl with the burns, followed by the girl in rags and a collar

Slaver huh? He thinks to himself as he continues watching the others talk with her

I narrow my eyes, looking at Sophie and Alison for a few seconds.

"Meh, ok ... it's none of my business", I say to then turn to Corvus.

"I'm going to Quentima to see if she's okay ... will we leave later?"

Oh hey, that's pretty cool.

I pick up another laser pistol so that I'm dual wielding and use my telekinesis to put the sniper rifle on my back. I turn and notice the two females who just arrived.

"A slave? Is she just for carrying your loads or do you use her for other purposes?"

I asked the burned woman.

"Once everyone's done scavenging, I'd say." Corvus says to Adrian.

"The name's Corvus, as you can tell I'm an archer, also a wanderer of sorts."

Seeing the true situation with the new arrival, I still don't give a shit, as I keep scavenging. I plan to collect weapon next, in case I can used it for a trade

"Pleasure to meet you," she said before turning to the one talking about slaves. She frowned. "Slave is such an awful word. I prefer the term servant, and request you call her as such. I mostly have Alison as a travel companion, and someone to carry my stuff. She is incredibly useful. Not a great conversationalist however."

Back