• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bad Page Report Thread

I already explained the "potentially" part on the Notes section because of what she transcends could be argued in some ways to be that tier... But the potentially is... somewhat shaky ... hence why I don't have her under the category of Tier 0.

Meanwhile I'm here questioning myself about what's so hard about just using 1-A since it's already, you know, the penultimate tier in power, quite vast at that, you can still stomp a ton of 1-As while still being simply 1-A and some of the admittedly strongest 1-As in the main wiki just get a "1-A".

By the point someone's so intent on putting an "At least" before and "possibly higher" after the already ludicrously high >>> 1-A <<< tier no matter what, it seems to me that the idea of trying to go "MYPOWERISMAXIMUMER" may be getting a teensy little bit too much to the writer's head...

@DMUA Fairly sure many have tried to adress that in the past, multiple times. *giggles* Telling people making them in this way "whether they're really necessary to the narrative x or y cases that they have been making", how things "need to develop", how "there are many factors to be considered in the narrative to use these characters without the story becoming a way too power-centered fest" (with loads of PIS flying around to boot).

...1-As can make for a good story, but sadly, they get a bad reputation out of the fact that many don't seem to consider that the level of the narrative needs to grow just as much before the author can start throwing metaphysical walls of text... That we all know nobody but the person who wrote them would really want to keep reading throughout a whole story. Oof.

Overly complex stuff (unless very well executed over the course of a plot) just sounds like you're reading a sorry attempt at would-be alien math past a certain point, of which the message is "Through this equation I assure you this character I wrote solos a bunch of stuff".

To which the answer is very much likely "Nobody cares." ...This is something to be considered: It's not like just about any of us lacks the capability to make ludicrously powerful characters like that for the sake of it.

...It's because we know better not to. If any of us wanted to deliberately go ballistic and make some OP beyond any human reason character, I assure you by the end of today I'd have a page so big and complex in power listing that it would make some Joke characters look tame.

Literally just hit random page and a good 50% chance it'll be begone.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
>At least 1-A, possibly 0
Oh no...we are doing this now...
Technology that is completely logically if it was questioned in universe. But the set up would be finicky, but I can think of one that would more or less make sense.

If it was somewhat speculated that 'higher tiers' of gods existed beyond the highest known one in universe and it being unanswered was necessary for plot for some reason like theme. But then it would need to part of a larger story and not a one off page idea.

Edit: I gusee if the question drives someone relevant to maddness it would work without being connected directly to a theme.

Yeah I've pointed out The Nightmare House before, but people seemed to ignore it for some reason.

IDK, is it me or was I little harsh when I talked about Sans's profiles before? :/

IDK, but I have decided to give him my advice to help him out a little. I tried not to sound too harsh or anything and nobody else should be like that too of course.

Every time I have tried to warn him on stuff he ignores it (except the first time), but I hope a mass delete would at least catch his attention and get him to listen to that.

Me too. :/

Do you have any other ideas if he still ignores it? Or are we just gonna continue deleting his profiles? Cuz IDK if what he's doing is really ban worthy.

This could use some work. No justification for AP, doesn't link to stat pages, etc. If the creator is still semi-active it could probably be fixed up with more basis for stats (my main issue).

Self-explanatory. No categories, zero explanations, barebones at best.

This one has... something? The explanation for AP is askew (Stronger than 8-A therefore 7-C...?), links are nonexistent, again, barebones at best. Seems like Roy has been fully responsible for the pages, though I haven't talked to him in ages.

Wasn't gonna keep going but come on what is this

Mr. Bambu said:
This could use some work. No justification for AP, doesn't link to stat pages, etc. If the creator is still semi-active it could probably be fixed up with more basis for stats (my main issue).
Self-explanatory. No categories, zero explanations, barebones at best.

This one has... something? The explanation for AP is askew (Stronger than 8-A therefore 7-C...?), links are nonexistent, again, barebones at best. Seems like Roy has been fully responsible for the pages, though I haven't talked to him in ages.

Wasn't gonna keep going but come on what is this
well you can delete that last one, dont feel all that proud about that one

Mr. Bambu said:
Wow, Somnus is one of my old characters from an RP group for World of Warcraft I was in, we had a few things set, like how Anub'Rios was physically one of the strongest in the group etc. Naturally, no links to actual abilities, they're all made up abilities for the RP, most of All Somnus' ability. The formatting... Ew, disgusting. I'll sort it out in a bizzle.

Ah it's Udl. Yeah I'd rather save a profile than delete, just wanna keep up standards.

also kudos on Warcraft references, very nais

Back