• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Awakened Garou vs Oltura (Battle for 4th Strongest Non-Smurf 5-A)

Do we know what his (Olt) regen is based on? Can he mitigate the rad?

Also madness hax, if Garou is effected, that should last regardless of Oltura being around, given it's not really tied to him being there but rather dragon element, but hitting Garou is gonna be hard as ****. Same with his bootleg Sephiroth move that leaves the target with 1hp, that coupled with his other stuff could kill Garou, but actually getting that set up might be difficult.

Honestly the hardest bit is the portals and rad, if Oltura could get around those he wins easy, they're relatively mundane things but they're effective, I think those might just **** him over.

leaves the target with 1hp, that coupled with his other stuff could kill Garou, but actually getting that set up might be difficult.
Then Garou would just regen/his reactive evolution would proc and he would skyrocket up in power. He could also copy th technique and turn it on its enemy.

He could regen, but if he gets hit when he has the 1hp, he's probably gonna die. And Garou already throttles this thing for with AP so him getting stronger ain't really changing much.

And no he couldn't, Garou can copy stuff, but wacky wacky life hax doesn't fall under what his mimicry and cosmic powers entail.

Tbh God has shown life/bio manip with Homless emperor and transmutation(wich might be a subset of his matter hax) with Garou. But Garou has also shown he has limits to what he can copy when it comes to God's power,like time hax being a little above his paygrade.

K̵a̵r̵s̵ ̵a̵l̵s̵o̵ ̵h̵a̵s̵ ̵u̵n̵c̵o̵n̵v̵e̵n̵t̵i̵o̵n̵a̵l̵ ̵r̵e̵s̵i̵s̵t̵a̵n̵c̵e̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵p̵o̵w̵e̵r̵ ̵m̵i̵m̵i̵c̵r̵y̵,̵ ̵e̵v̵e̵n̵ ̵a̵g̵a̵i̵n̵s̵t̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵s̵e̵ ̵w̵h̵o̵ ̵a̵l̵r̵e̵a̵d̵y̵ ̵c̵o̵p̵i̵e̵d̵ ̵h̵i̵m̵
What black magic do you do to strike through like that??

He could regen, but if he gets hit when he has the 1hp, he's probably gonna die.
Not with an 11 x AP difference. And with the instant evolution, that gap would be even higher.
And no he couldn't, Garou can copy stuff, but wacky wacky life hax doesn't fall under what his mimicry and cosmic powers entail.
He can copy any power. Period. He's even able to copy portal techniques.

uh actually I think you should just give this one up, garou can only copy stuff in the opm universe and any equivalent of it covered by equalization, not exactly anything since his cosmic awareness seems to not have evidence of updating when there's a new energy or element in the universe

Yeah, sorry, but that isn't how it works. Blatant NLF, and even directly goes against the source material, because don't forget, they tell us, plain as day, what Garou can copy, what his cosmic awareness extends to. and so on. And it isn't everything, it's a large variety of things, but it doesn't encompass everything, not even remotely close, and it even has its own defined limits too.
Portals? You mean subspace gates, the things that fall under the umbrella of powers that they say Garou can copy and manipulate. Being able to copy something that falls under pseudo-science and other such things his abilities entail isn't the same as copying stuff that doesn't qualify for that.

Yeah, sorry, but that isn't how it works. Blatant NLF, and even directly goes against the source material, because don't forget, they tell us, plain as day, what Garou can copy, what his cosmic awareness extends to. and so on. And it isn't everything, it's a large variety of things, but it doesn't encompass everything, not even remotely close, and it even has its own defined limits too.
He quite literally becomes the person and gains their stats and abilities, and then he perfects them to levels past the original.

Yes, I've read the manga, that would be why I know what he can and can not do, given they say as much.
He copied Saitama's, physical attributes. That's it. "Abilities" while posting a flurry of punches isn't really an ability, at least post him copying Blast's stuff, at least that's an actual ability.

I sincerely hope you aren't trying to say that because Garou mimicked Saitama, something purely physical, something explicitly within his realm of capabilities, something that is explained in detail as to how and why he could do that, would somehow entail and translate to Garou copying completely and utterly exotic powers that don't exist or have any semblance of a parallel in OPM all the while existing completely outside his niche and what we're told to and explain how he copies such things. Lad, we call that a NLF, and the worst part is, the manga itself doesn't even fully agree with that notion.

Garou isn't copying fancy dragon magic. Being able to copy someone's strength isn't the same thing at all. Yes he perfects them to higher levels, but that's assuming he can even copy said thing in the first place, that won't always be the case.

Double checking on Cubari, assuming the translations are up to date, in terms of copying exotic and wacky abilities, that's an extension of Garou's cosmic awareness of universal forces.
He is said to have knowledge of all forces in the universe and can manipulate them, so if you whip out a power that is performed by said things Garou will know how it works and be able to replicate it. This basically means that he can do just about anything that exists in OPM or would get slapped onto it via verse equalization. But if such a thing doesn't exist or wouldn't get slapped in via equalization, that's a bit out of reach for him.

Modes are explained as Garou mimicking an organism, borrowing their power and what not and making it his own. But not inherently power as in actual supernatural abilities and what not, Mode's are more martial or physical. In fact all Modes are, are just Shakkei on steroids (just called them modes because it was cool in his own words), instead of just mimicking the physicality, he copies it exactly.

This, even ignoring the dialogue, should be pretty obvious. It's why against Blast he doesn't go Blast Mode to copy his powers, he just uses his ability to control universal forces to do so, as Blast's stuff is under that. While Saitama he wants his power and physicality, so he goes Mode to copy that.
Garou can copy and mimic a lot of shit, but there's a fine line between what's possible, and what isn't.

Also in the "technique gets perfected" line, he's talking about martial and physical techniques there given it's in direct response to him copying Saitama's punches, not wacky supernatural powers. Though that isn't to say he can't do that too, he did so against Blast.
Modes are physical copying that enables him to copy power/speed/durability/skill, ability copying are under cosmic and universal stuff and is less copying and more so just knowing how it innately works and just doing it because he already has the power to. Ergo, if a supernatural ability isn't directed biology based, or fitted under OPM's universal forces, it's a no go imo.

So yeah, stand by what I said unless it changes in the future, though I'm not gonna say I'm an expert at OPM so I could be wrong, but carefully going over the exact words and the situations in where they're said leads me to that conclusion.

This, even ignoring the dialogue, should be pretty obvious. It's why against Blast he doesn't go Blast Mode to copy his powers, he just uses his ability to control universal forces to do so, as Blast's stuff is under that. While Saitama he wants his power and physicality, so he goes Mode to copy that.
Garou can copy and mimic a lot of shit, but there's a fine line between what's possible, and what isn't.
just a nitpick but, it's entirely possible and likely he did go blast mode
after all the first time we see garou copy the technique is when he was sealed by hyperspace, we don't actually know what went on during that exact moment
he also didn't need to use each mode to use that (extremely badass) (peak fiction) combo attack on IO so we can assume he retains the abilities of every copy he's used without needing to do the mode thing each time
it's just that he needed to keep using mode vs saitama since he kept getting stronger

He literally didn't go Blast Mode though, I just checked, he never says he did, nobody else said he did, and there's zero visual indication or change that implies he did it. There's no reason to assume he did.
I'm sure, in fact I'm positive, if Garou truly went Blast mode, they would've have just shown it, even if it was just a quick one panel. The lack of showing it or any indication at all in the slightest, is evidence enough that he didn't.

And yes, he did indeed need to spam Saitama mode (Actually that should be evidence in and of itself he doesn't copy the exact biological qualities but merely physicality and skill with modes, if he did, he would've copied Saitama's accelerated dev too), but him needing to copy saitama again and again is obvious.
And yes, I agree he keeps the stuff he gains when going Mode.

Yeah, sorry, but that isn't how it works. Blatant NLF
That's... the whole point of them breaking their limiter.
How about the reason he doesn't go blast mode is that Blast isn't physically superior to Garou, so it's unnecessary for him to copy his entire set of physical attributes when he can just copy the technique.

That's... the whole point of them breaking their limiter.

Limiter is physical power, not hax my dude. And still NLF either way.

How about the reason he doesn't go blast mode is that Blast isn't physically superior to Garou, so it's unnecessary for him to copy his entire set of physical attributes when he can just copy the technique.

Missed the point entirely.
He didn't need to go Blast Mode, because he doesn't copy hax via Modes and you're right, he was stronger than Blast, so why bother copying his physicality and biology when he doesn't need to? The hax he gained via cosmic awareness and manipulation of universal forces. Which subspace gates, gravity, and energy transference fell under.

Garou has two specific methods of copying and mimicry which cover two different things. But neither are all powerful or encompassing, this should be obvious from just reading the manga given it establishes limits for both in and of itself.

Limiter is physical power, not hax my dude. And still NLF either way.
1, No it's not. Saitama's limiter being gone allows him to copy Gauro's abilities that he couldn't do normally.

2, You know it's a fallacy to say that something is wrong just because it uses a fallacy in its argument. When the story explicitly tells us that the characters have no limits to what they can replicate or do, then yeah, the NLF isn't really a problem.

No it's not. Saitama's limiter being gone allows him to copy Gauro's abilities that he couldn't do normally.
You mean the martial arts techniques? Yeah, Saitama has extremely good accelerated learning, they established and explain that. That isn't copying haha funny meme hax? You're extrapolating and stretching what this actually entails by a ridiculous margin. Do you think Saitama can copy conceptual law manip too or something?

You know it's a fallacy to say that something is wrong just because it uses a fallacy in its argument. When the story explicitly tells us that the characters have no limits to what they can replicate or do, then yeah, the NLF isn't really a problem.

No, I'm saying you're wrong because you objectively are. Not even the manga agrees with your claims. They say what he can do, they say how he does it, you're saying things that do not fall under the explanations, mechanics and umbrella given or the methods used, ergo, you are wrong. Not much more to say.
And the story literally gives Garou several limits, on just about everything really, so either the manga is wrong, you're wrong, or it's hyperbole, and I'm more so leaning towards listening to the manga rather than you.
And lmao, what? NLF still exists even if what you were saying is true (Which it isn't but for argument's sake), like what, Garou can copy 10,000D hax now because he has no limits? Toss him at Cosmic Armor Superman or something then, see how that goes down.

honestly I do agree that garou has no limits in regard to tier, but being able to copy hax is a different story
like sure he could copy the big bang or whatever but he probs can't just look at high godly regen and plot manipulation and be like "yeah it's copying time"

I don't mind, theoretically, if given enough time, he could copy up to 3-A or something, the context and statements the story gives definitely alludes to that. It's just ya'll gotta reel it back with that hax NLF.

I don't mind, theoretically, if given enough time, he could copy up to 3-A or something, the context and statements the story gives definitely alludes to that. It's just ya'll gotta reel it back with that hax NLF.
actually was more so thinking garou could copy undefined power since 0 limiter and the fact that the upper limit of a graph is undefined
but yes AD by itself is just exponential, so mathematically he could only get up to 3-A without copying someone else

I personally think that it's NLF to assume he can copy any finite level of strength when that isn't really reflected on the profile, which says he can only go up to 4-A, but eh, that doesn't really matter for the purposes of this match so don't listen to me.

page_56.png

I personally think that it's NLF to assume he can copy any finite level of strength when that isn't really reflected on the profile, which says he can only go up to 4-A, but eh, that doesn't really matter for the purposes of this match so don't listen to me.
the profile doesn't really show it as much, but I recall there being some information about how the limiters breaking results in infinite potential
also the graph, by definition exponential growth alone is kinda definitive for being able to get to any finite value

the profile doesn't really show it as much, but I recall there being some information about how the limiters breaking results in infinite potential
also the graph, by definition exponential growth alone is kinda definitive for being able to get to any finite value
Now, I'd refute this, but that'd be derailing, we ain't here to talk about how far Garou can copy, so we can talk about it elsewhere if you want, or not, I don't much care.

Honestly, Garou should be Large Planet level possibly/likely Large Star level (insert reason), Multi-solar system level (copied Serious Saitama multiple times) Varies with Power Mimicry. He easily copied 4-A power and the only issue was that Saitama just exponentially grew in power faster than he was able to copy.

Honestly, Garou should be Multi-solar system level (copied Serious Saitama multiple times) Varies with Power Mimicry. He easily copied 4-A power and the only issue was that Saitama just exponentially grew in power faster than he was able to copy.
Yeah, if he can really copy any finite level of power, it should be reflected like this instead as to avoid confusion tbh.

Now, I'd refute this, but that'd be derailing, we ain't here to talk about how far Garou can copy, so we can talk about it elsewhere if you want, or not, I don't much care.
as far as we're concerned, every cosmic garou match is just another crt begging to happen
speaking of that, deconstruction seems a bit sussy, especially since garou has particle tier matter manipulation, and I think he should resist it too via surviving his own nuclear fission?

as far as we're concerned, every cosmic garou match is just another crt begging to happen
speaking of that, deconstruction seems a bit sussy, especially since garou has particle tier matter manipulation, and I think he should resist it too via surviving his own nuclear fission?
Pretty much.

On the deconstruction shit, the resistance isn't on his profile when it probably should be given he literally stands in the center of black holes and nuclear blasts, idk why that wasn't initially added.

Pretty much.

On the deconstruction shit, the resistance isn't on his profile when it probably should be given he literally stands in the center of black holes and nuclear blasts, idk why that wasn't initially added.
ok lemme just make a crt real quick

Back