• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Enough to one shot Thanos and is likely capable of killing Thor. So over 392.35669 teratons by a good degree I guess.

I'm only wondering because during the fight Captain America throws it at the Vibranium Shield (Twice) and we could scale the Shields Durability to the Hammer's AP, which would likely scale to anything Vibranium Made, like BP's suit. Probably with an "At Least-Tier"

AKM sama said:
Thor's hammer never one-shotted Thanos.
It could with a head shot or with a slice considering it easily decapited him and cut off an arm. Although I guess one shot may be to much.

You guys mean Stormbreaker, which is an axe.

Funny thing about Stormbreaker, base Thanos was able to block it multiple times while IG Thanos with full force of the gauntlet coudn't.

Cap's shield also survived Thor's hammer back in Avengers 1 but Thor was weaker back then. But like Gemmy said, either the hammer got a boost due to a stronger Thor wielding it first, or a weaker Thor could hang in with Thanos for a while using his hammer. Cap's shield's durability will probably depend on how we treat Mjolnir.

Yeah my bad. I just read hammer and mentally changed it to Stormbreaker for some reason.

Damn, Wanda stomped Thanos hard.

Also just to mention, Thantos's headbutt clearly hit Captain Marvel when you pay attention to the Scene, you can even hear it hitting her aside seeing it happen quick, i assume that makes Captain Marvel above Thanos, though the fact he had to use the Power Stone to be able to to push her away already made that clear.

I guess the only ones who will get an "Above Thanos" are Wanda and Marvel?

Wanda is definitely the strongest Avenger, moreso the strongest female hero, and she ******* earned it.

Just finished watching it, imo it's much better than Infinity War. Cap time travel stuff was weird, but i don't really care about it too much.

Can't wait to see where the MCU goes from here.

She doesn't "stomps" Thanos, she just won while giving her best

Man, I hope Adam Warlock in Guardians 3 and a fight between him and Thor

Also, I guess there is no doubt that Fat Thor is weaker than IW Thor

I dunno actually. With Thor its not like he failed to do anything that he did in IW or Ragnarok. Even when he was Buff he only beat Thanos by getting the drop on him.which isn't exactly super telling of his strength.

Now he is likely weaker, but he may not be.

Stomp is a situation where the adversary gets owned and they have little to no response. That is exactly how their fight went. Every move Thanos did Scarlet countered while having a demonic smile on her face... Owned every attempted at offense and proceeded to squeeze him leisurely while he couldn't do anything.

It forced him to fire killing his own soldiers our od a desperation attempt to break free

Wanda is > Bass Thanos i'd Say.

"But, basically, Thanos is strong enough to use the Gauntlet without problems, while Hulk and Stark were overpowered by the power of the stones"

No, Thanos almost died after using it twice.

I want to remind everyone that Thor spent five years playing Fortnite and drinking. Him being weaker than he was in IW makes perfect sense and his level of strength in this movie shouldn't be used to downgrade his level of strength right after getting Stormbreaker and blowing back Thanos.

He has a clear limp in the beginning and has half his body burned. These effects are even worse than the ones Hulk got, but then again Thanos used it more than once.

Scarlet Witch pretty much stomped base Thanos, yeah.

As for the whole Captain Marvel thing, she only started overpowering him while he had the gauntlet after she started absorbing energy from it.

Natse said:
Wanda is definitely the strongest Avenger, moreso the strongest female hero, and she ******* earned it.
I think Captain Marvel hard counters Wanda since she can just absorb her energy blasts and blast through anything she tries telekinetically throwing at her.

She's still blatantly stronger than his base form, considering he couldn't move and had to have his ship fire at his own area and own troops to not get torn apart like she was starting to do to his armor. It's consistent with her supposedly being as strong as an infinity stone on her own.

She was overpowering him with all five stones and preventing him from snapping, and was absorbing his energy, and she completely was unfazed by his headbutt.

He was desperate to get her off of him, why would he hold back with it.

He was using the Power Stone with his bare hands, I don't think he could have used the full power of that thing without getting hurt, his durability is only High 6-B

Ye I think we can conclude at this point that the Gauntlet does not amp the user but is more of a handicap. And using it in a way that it uses power beyond your durability will hurt you. For example, Thanos using the blast of the six stones has less energy required than killing half of the Universe. So the attack at the end of IW where Thanos used against Thor is not as powerful as the snap since the former did not hurt him but the latter did

That's the point of the Infinity Gauntlet. He can't wield the Power of the stones on his own. Remember that it required someone with Celestial physiology + 4 People with varying degrees of superhuman capability to just barely wield the Power Stone for a few seconds.

Back