• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I thought of as Thor was obviously ridiculously nerfed in this film via being out of shape it's likely he couldn't draw out as much of Stormbreakers power as he could before.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Thanos clearly struggles and it burns his arm.
No it doesn't. He struggles for like 2-3 seconds (and handles it much better than Hulk did) and it didn't burn his arm in Infinity War either. Neither did it burn Hulk's arm when he put it on iirc.

Natse said:
Oh yeah, the girl power scene. Kind of cringed since it felt like they're together because they're all female and not because they know each other.
I thought it was Cringy too until i released they might be hinted at a MCU version of

A-Force

I watched it 20 hours ago and I had an absolute blast.

Now that I think about it, even Iron Man was fine when he puts on the infinity stones, wasn't he? It was only after the snap that he perishes.

I watched it yesterday and it was an experience I'll never forget

I had one of the best pleasant surprises getting him and my aunt saying right away we can see it now.

How did A-Force members found each other in the battlefield without knowing each others existence? I guess Peter counts since he did the "under my umbrella" video song. ovo

While where talking about feats I noticed near the start Carol flys from the ship to the planet Thanos resides and back in a short amount of time ( there is a scene cut so idk if it can be calced you'd probably have to make some assumptions).

I've been talking to a bunch of people about the headbutt and whether she was amped by the stone or not. Some say she was clearly amped and that they could tell she was absorbing energy while the rest say she didn't absorb anything and that there was no indication whatsoever she did as such. Thoughts?

Dzhindzholia said:
Carol tanking Thanos's headbutt without even flinching was PIS,Imo.
I think Thanos grabbing her and throwing her away is the only instance of PIS in their fight to let other characters try their hand. Other than that, she dominated throughout the entire duel until the power stone came into the equation.

AnonymousBlank said:
I've been talking to a bunch of people about the headbutt and whether she was amped by the stone or not. Some say she was clearly amped and that they could tell she was absorbing energy while the rest say she didn't absorb anything and that there was no indication whatsoever she did as such. Thoughts?
I don't think she was absorbing any energy. I didn't see anything indicating that (or maybe my eyes missed that part).

I think Thanos grabbing her and throwing her away is the only instance of PIS in their fight

Reasons?Cause I don't see how it is PIS for Thanos,in her first encounter with Thanos they just threw punches at each other,nothing impressive from both sides,then he just grabbed her and threw away.She doesn't have feats that make me think she is as powerful as him or even more powerful,only a couple of seconds her being able to overpower him which I consider PIS.

Thanos also could be tired from fighting two Thors and being wrecked by Wanda.

Normal Thanos>Captain Marvel unless she showcases better feats than overpowering tierd Titan for a couple of seconds.

@AKM

Saying that Thanos overpowering her is PIS makes no sense unless your argument is that she is a stonewall who can barely budge Thanos when punching him center mass while she can tank his blows no diff.

I remember hearing a kind of whining sound when she swooped in and grabbedthe IG in the moments before he chose to headbutt her.

@Dzhin

I wouldn't say Carol restraining his arm is PIS when Tony in a weaker suit did it, Tony in the current suit did it, Hulk can do it, Strange can do it etc. Headbutt either is or she got amped, but not the restraining.

AnonymousBlank said:
Okoye shanking "Glaive" (I really doubt that was him) happens at the very start of the army clash. Wanda v Thanos happens a bit later.
Also I checked, it was after Wanda vs Thanos. Okoye stabbed Glaive during that all-girls scene.

Ah, I stand corrected then, I knew they were close to each other but messed up the order. I guess we chalk it up to the spear being made of "magic space metal".

Corvus Glaive seems to be very vulnerable to sharp weapons, both against Black Widow in Infinity War and Okoye in Endgame.

The Black Order is inconsistent as hell though, just look at Cull Obsidian.

I'd argue Thanos tossing her isn't even relevant to who's more powerful. It's more a display of fighting skill than anything- she throws a punch Thanos sidesteps, grabs her arm then uses her own momentum to toss her (at least that's how I remember the scene playing out), it wasn't exactly a clash of power.

@Dzhin So her only showing of power against Thanos is PIS? No.

I think you're implying that powerscaling doesn't matter only feats do, and by that logic too she has impressive feats than base Thanos because Thanos has none.

Thanos wasn't tired either, his body language never indicated that, nothing indicates it and there is no reason to believe he got so much weakened by fighting for a few minutes. And I could make the same arguments for Carol too. She flew all the way from another solar system, took the whole brunt of firepower from his ship, destroyed his ship, and was constantly fighting too.

Their whole fight screamed the fact that she was more powerful. Except Thanos chucking her away after she hardly took any damage from his attacks, which also did no damage to her and only served the purpose of letting other characters to try their hand.

@Spino

Black Widow used Proxima's weapon so that isn't really an outlier while the spear is vibranium.

On the topic of Cull though, he never even harmed Tony, just knocked him around a bit, with Spidey easily matching his strength (only lifting). Maybe downgrade Cull since he only actually took one hit from Tony at the start of the fight (the rest were on his shield) while he is seen to only match guys like Spidey and gets one shot by Ant man. Should still be 7-A from the Hulkbuster though.

@AKM

Base Thanos has no impressive feats? I guess beating awakened Thor, Sakaar Hulk, Mk L Tony, Mk 85 Tony, Mjolnir Cap, crushing vibranium, breaking Cap's shield etc are all low tier feats?

The fight didn't scream she was mre powerful at all until the headbutt. Before that she landed two blows on him and did less than Hulk did. Thanos also never landed a single blow on her and only tagged her once which was to throw her away like a chump. No one else got to try their hand at fighting Thanos in the interim either as thats when he immediately put on the gauntlet and tried to snap before she stopped him.

"Base Thanos has no impressive feats? I guess beating awakened Thor, Sakaar Hulk, Mk L Tony, Mk 85 Tony, Mjolnir Cap, crushing vibranium, breaking Cap's shield etc are all low tier feats?"

That's powerscaling. My point exactly. You can't ignore it and be like feats are the only thing that matters. When I said feats, I was alluding to how much they have destroyed, since that's what Dzhin's comment sounded like to me.

"The fight didn't scream she was mre powerful at all until the headbutt."

The headbutt and the way she won their arm struggle. That's enough to determine she is stronger. They spent a considerable amount of time to showcase how she was overpowering his grip and eventually was winning the arm struggle and Thanos had to rely on the power stone to beat her.

Also, I clearly remember Thanos shoving 2-3 small fries out of the way before actually wearing the gauntlet and getting ready to snap in the time between Carol goes out and comes in again.

So the topics

• If Stormbreaker should be downgraded to High 6-B
  • if Giant Man's 85 foot form is 8-A, 7-A, or High 6-B (his second key will need to be downgraded due to the iron Man downgrades I think)
  • If we should change the Mark L and Mark LXXXV's tier due to getting stomped hard by Thanos
  • Should Cul be downgraded

Is there any new power/ability from the Stones ? Like Reality Stone or Soul Stone displaying new things that we never saw ?

Also, Thanos can't be Low 2-C right ? He was talking about destroyin the Universe, not space-time.

As I've said above I agree with Stormbreaker's beuing downgraded, we've accepted the Power Stone's AP as Variable, the Russos I think confirmed Thanos was taken by surprise (Meaning it wasn't a full strength beam) and supposedly the Axe counteres the Gauntlet. Even if we remove the above it's a big outlier for the Axe to be 5-A if literally every showing is High 6-B

Giant Man I think is 7-A in Endgame since he did more damage to a Leviathan then Hulk did which leads me to:

Cull Obsidion's downgrade. Honestly I don't see why he's High 6-B, the only suggestion is him being willing to fight Hulk which is absolutely no justification (It's like scaling Baraka to Raiden since he was willing to fight him in MKX)

So removing that scaling the Hulkbuster Banner used is 7-A which is consistent with him getting literally stomped by Giant Man

Thanos is 3-A with the IG as the MCU hasn't been proven to have an infinite universe and he was only gonna destroy the physical elements of the universe as well.

I'm in agreement with the Stormbreaker and Cul stuff honestly.

Imma make a revision thread preferably after Matthew watches the movie, but why downgrade Iron Man?

Cull Obsidian is currently High 6-B for fighting Iron Man, though I agree with a downgrade too

Corvus Glaive should be downgraded to Cap's level too tbh, I don't think he should scale to Vision.

Corvus should scale to Cap and Cap alone.

I disagree with downgrading Iron Man. He drew blood from Thanos and took hits from him.

I can see Stormbreaker getting downgraded to High 6-B and Mjolnir getting upped to High 6-B.

His Glaive probably scales to Vision, I am uncertain. But I am more inclined to believe it simply durability negates, as if it is that strong it should have broken Cap's shields.

Mjolnir is only 7-A...though Cap should be High 6-B imo

Assuming Cap's IW shields are like his main one, they should be High 6-B. If its dura neg, then it should just have gone through the shields regardless but it has feats of piercing Vision and deflecting his Mind Stone beam as well, both being 7-A.

Anyway, I agree with Cull/Hulkbuster and Stormbreaker downgrades.

Back